Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Friday, Joe View Post
    Please know I am not being a d*ck when I give this advice but I've been through a lot of police processes to know the following is true: The bold is your attempt to down play the situation. We all do it but the NYPD psychs and background investigators don't like it. The truth is, you don't know what they like or want. Thousands of applicants don't have a psych background or as much as a record of farting in church. Don't get defensive if you're put on review. Have the neccessary documentation prepared and be ready for a crapload of bullshiat questions to try and p!ss you off. Maintain your cool because you're right, it really is not a big deal but they will definitely see your defensiveness and try to turn it into anger. Rest easy, be cool and good luck!
    yeah that a good way of looking at it . I wish this guy the best of luck and also if you think something is not in records dont add things that can send you down the review/DQ hall ok.
    Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

Am back , super busy i just got a package last week ago from my Private psych doctor overturning my case i got fill out and bring him with money also , hope everything goes good and my case get over turn. Good luck to does on review or DQ fight it don't give up nypd love fu@#king people over for no good reason.
      Last edited by nycapomts; 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Finally got the word from NYPD that they have sent my file over to my psych to prepare a counter argument for an appeal.....Fingers are crossed for a quick turnover.
        NYPD 8329 / XXXX
        Medical: Pass | Written Psych: Complete | Oral: (DQ for now, Appealing) | JST:? | BI: ? | Mini Med: ?

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX
        Medical: | Written Psych: | Oral: | JST: | BI: | Mini Med:

NYDOC 8135/XXXX
        Orientation: 7/13 | Medical: 8/13 Pass | Triage: 9/20 Done | Written Psych: 9/20 Done | Oral: 9/25 Done | Agility: 10/20 Passed | PE: 11/15

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

Originally posted by DAVIS8329 View Post
          Finally got the word from NYPD that they have sent my file over to my psych to prepare a counter argument for an appeal.....Fingers are crossed for a quick turnover.

DAVIS wish you the best we both have same exam 8329 and maybe in same academy :-) Also did they notify you over mail that they send out your records to your psych or do your private psych notify you ?

Comment

Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
            DAVIS wish you the best we both have same exam 8329 and maybe in same academy :-) Also did they notify you over mail that they send out your records to your psych or do your private psych notify you ?
            I got notified thru the mail that my file was sent.
            NYPD 8329 / XXXX
            Medical: Pass | Written Psych: Complete | Oral: (DQ for now, Appealing) | JST:? | BI: ? | Mini Med: ?

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX

NYDOC 8135/XXXX
            Orientation: 7/13 | Medical: 8/13 Pass | Triage: 9/20 Done | Written Psych: 9/20 Done | Oral: 9/25 Done | Agility: 10/20 Passed | PE: 11/15

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

OMG....This appeal + life expenses has my wallet on life support, I should start a donation drive..... "HELP A GUY OUT DRIVE".....(LOL at myself)
              NYPD 8329 / XXXX

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX

NYDOC 8135/XXXX

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

Originally posted by DAVIS8329 View Post
                For anyone else thats appealing it, did you ever received a letter from the "Civil Service Commission" stating if you would like to withdraw your application from the NYPD and you will not have a psych DQ on your record, just a withdrawal of application ?

yes i did receive this letter from the Civil Service Commission around Oct or Nov or 2011. I took the offer mostly because of money issues but if had the money i would have kept fighting the appeal.
                Last edited by LongIsland88; 03-27-2012, 03:38 AM.

Comment

How much does the psych appeal cost. Like legal and for a good doc?
                  NYPD Exam 2326
                  List - 14**

Initial Med- Finished
                  Written Psych- Finished
                  Oral Psych- Done, Review?
                  JST- ??
                  Mini Med- ??
                  Meet with BI- August

Comment

Originally posted by Mag.One View Post
                    How much does the psych appeal cost. Like legal and for a good doc?
                    The price varies on your psych but it adds up if you includ a lawyer. Take me for example so far I am in the 3 grand range.....and I am sticking it out because its my dream to be OTJ.
                    NYPD 8329 / XXXX

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX

NYDOC 8135/XXXX

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

• 3Gs? For psych and lawyer? I'll have that in my security fund by then. Thanks for giving me an idea
                      NYPD Exam 2326
                      List - 14**

Initial Med- Finished
                      Written Psych- Finished
                      Oral Psych- Done, Review?
                      JST- ??
                      Mini Med- ??
                      Meet with BI- August

Comment

• Originally posted by DAVIS8329 View Post
                        I got notified thru the mail that my file was sent.
                        ook cool well wish you best, also who is your private psych ? is he good so far ? i got Daley is good so far ..

Comment

• Originally posted by LongIsland88 View Post
                          yes i did receive this letter from the Civil Service Commission around Oct or Nov or 2011. I took the offer mostly because of money issues but if had the money i would have kept fighting the appeal.
                          ook bro yeah i got that latter am fighting it, don't care if i suck all my savings away am not going give the NYPD what they want . Also how is it applying to other departments ? sinces you didnt fight the dq .

Comment

• Guys look, personally look at the chief Robert Dailey he was a LT in charge psych services nypd back in the days he good and so far i only spend $ 400 the first time and then last time i see him it be a other $400 so in total is $800 for the psych guy bout if thing dont turn out for you the first try for NYPD and goes to Civil services then get a lawyer involve like that you save that money if the lawyer is not necessary..

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                              ook bro yeah i got that latter am fighting it, don't care if i suck all my savings away am not going give the NYPD what they want . Also how is it applying to other departments ? sinces you didnt fight the dq .
                              well i have only taken the Suffolk county correction test and passed it now am just waiting and am also wait to take the Suffolk county Deputy sheriffs test in June but my lawyer specifically told me when asked if i was ever DQ to Say NO

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                                ook cool well wish you best, also who is your private psych ? is he good so far ? i got Daley is good so far ..
                                I am working with DR.Lerner, he's been Great, very informative and helpful
                                NYPD 8329 / XXXX

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX

NYDOC 8135/XXXX

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6648 users online. 226 members and 6422 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X