Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by morafiq View Post
    Believe me sir... he feels the same way. He's a great kid.. I've known him since 2nd grade. Graduated college always held steady employment and a crystal clear record. He is a bit disappointed as our exam expires this upcoming January (2015) and he said he was on hold for well over 7 months and now he is on 'review' for who knows how long. We're not complainers because I mean... it's the game, you give all the info that is required of you and then you sit and wait.
    Unfortunately for both you and your friend--the prior list you were on expired and with it any chance of appointment consideration. NYPD isn't the only game in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
      Unfortunately for both you and your friend--the prior list you were on expired and with it any chance of appointment consideration. NYPD isn't the only game in town.
      Sorry my mistake... Upcoming January (2016)... sorry typo. I sent you a PM btw CountyCorrectionOfficer.

Comment

• how long does it take to receive the letter that you are on review? i took my oral psych in june.. my psychologist needed me to get more paperwork which i got back to him. emailed him to make sure he got everything no email back havent heard from him. my bestfriends dad use to be high up in nypd so i asked if he could find out whats going on.. when he made the call my psychologist then emailed me saying sorry for the inconvenience that i needed to follow up more with the sources he needed information from this was in novemeber. got back to him the next day with all the information he needed. he gave me a 2 week deadline. emailed him back 5 times thoughtout the 2 weeks to confirm he received everything no answer.. the next week i got my jst letter and my friends dad found out im on psych review.. kept trying to get a hold of my investigator to find out whats been going on havent been getting any response back throughout this whole time.. whats the time frame that i should recieve the review letter? i feel like im getting the run around here
        Exam 2326
        List Number 4XXX
        APD- 12/13
        Medical- 4/14
        Psychological 4/14
        Oral 6/14.... awaiting results
        Interview with BI 8/14 Done
        JST 12/9 Passed 3:05
        Mini Medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by longislander23 View Post
          how long does it take to receive the letter that you are on review? i took my oral psych in june.. my psychologist needed me to get more paperwork which i got back to him. emailed him to make sure he got everything no email back havent heard from him. my bestfriends dad use to be high up in nypd so i asked if he could find out whats going on.. when he made the call my psychologist then emailed me saying sorry for the inconvenience that i needed to follow up more with the sources he needed information from this was in novemeber. got back to him the next day with all the information he needed. he gave me a 2 week deadline. emailed him back 5 times thoughtout the 2 weeks to confirm he received everything no answer.. the next week i got my jst letter and my friends dad found out im on psych review.. kept trying to get a hold of my investigator to find out whats been going on havent been getting any response back throughout this whole time.. whats the time frame that i should recieve the review letter? i feel like im getting the run around here
          stop emailing the oaych for one. Keep in touch with your Investigator- every month or so. You will either continue the process, or recieve a Notice of Proposed DQ in which you are afforded the chance to submit an outside psychological opinion, for the NYPD to consider. You will NOT ever recieve a letter that you are on review. Review is not a decision; its a status. Review is, exactly what it sounds like- Review for a decision. The Interviewing psychologist doesnt have DQ authority. They merely note their concerns and flag it for review. It has to be officialized by the higher ups- who may DQ, Q or call you back in for second interview.
          Last edited by Vista; 01-23-2015, 12:17 PM.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
            stop emailing the oaych for one. Keep in touch with your Investigator- every month or so. You will either continue the process, or recieve a Notice of Proposed DQ in which you are afforded the chance to submit an outside psychological opinion, for the NYPD to consider. You will NOT ever recieve a letter that you are on review.
            ok thank you for the info. i dont want it to seem like i have been annoying the psych.. i just emailed him in the2 week time frame he wanted more info and asked me a question which he never emailed back. once the deadline was up i did not email him i thought all was well. thanks again for the info!
            Exam 2326
            List Number 4XXX
            APD- 12/13
            Medical- 4/14
            Psychological 4/14
            Oral 6/14.... awaiting results
            Interview with BI 8/14 Done
            JST 12/9 Passed 3:05
            Mini Medical?

Comment

• Nice, went to go see the psych dept today, he just needed some clarification on a few questions, provided him with that information and looks like I'm good to go. He didn't tell me I need to provide any thing further or if there is anything else that I need to be worried about. So I'm hoping everything is now clarified and I just sit around and wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by longislander23 View Post
                ok thank you for the info. i dont want it to seem like i have been annoying the psych.. i just emailed him in the2 week time frame he wanted more info and asked me a question which he never emailed back. once the deadline was up i did not email him i thought all was well. thanks again for the info!

Which psych did u have? Pm me if u remember the name
                Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by morafiq View Post
                  Nice, went to go see the psych dept today, he just needed some clarification on a few questions, provided him with that information and looks like I'm good to go. He didn't tell me I need to provide any thing further or if there is anything else that I need to be worried about. So I'm hoping everything is now clarified and I just sit around and wait.

Give it a few days and call your Investigator. He will know if Psych Services marked you Qualified or, if theirs an issue. He wont know details however.
                  Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• hi for those of you who are on psyche review , is there any way to make nypd come up with a final decision to whether a candidate goes on or gets disqualified???? anyone???? can an attorney be brought to make nypd make faster decision??? anyone any ideas??/ they keep telling my friend he will get something in mail half year before his exam expires... anyone knows what those "half year before exam expires" mail letters are???
                    Last edited by Wolf_1; 01-23-2015, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• I've been on Psych Review for almost 11 months and I most likely have a lower list number than Morafiq (2XX). I have not heard from anyone. Will they just wait till Jan 2016 for DQ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
                        I've been on Psych Review for almost 11 months and I most likely have a lower list number than Morafiq (2XX). I have not heard from anyone. Will they just wait till Jan 2016 for DQ?
                        I'm not sure about this at all to be honest. I was never on review, when the psych spoke to me it all made sense because he actually forgot to talk to me about something listed on my file. So I'm not on review or anything of that nature. Honestly, I'm not sure of the proper answer for your question but I can only imagine the stress... like a lot of veteran posters on this forum have said before, APPLY APPLY and then APPLY some more. I understand you may have a strong yearning to work for the NYPD, believe me... I feel the same way. But at the same time there are other departments... does it mean starting a process all over with a different department? Sure. But it also means another opportunity, another interview to attempt to impress and show the board that you are fit for the job and would bring something positive to the department.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolf_1 View Post
                          hi for those of you who are on psyche review , is there any way to make nypd come up with a final decision to whether a candidate goes on or gets disqualified???? anyone???? can an attorney be brought to make nypd make faster decision??? anyone any ideas??/ they keep telling my friend he will get something in mail half year before his exam expires... anyone knows what those "half year before exam expires" mail letters are???
                          In extreme cases, their are options. Is he on psych review or investigative review? Psych review typically takes about 6-10 months for a final status. Investigative review can take longer- but they have been working too change this.

Ifin an extreme case it becomes necessary- an attempt to force a decision is possible through an Article 78- but you can bet your bottom dollar that will result in a DQ (backing them into a corner may be your only option if their planning to indefinately keep you on hold).

Have your buddy (or you) email me at [email protected]

those letters are notices of proposed dq. Basically giving you the chance to submit an argument supporting your fitness for the job. Heres a good video-http://youtu.be/YLlAfNX4aL0
                          Last edited by Vista; 01-26-2015, 07:41 AM.
                          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• SOME CANDIDATES HAVE BEEN BEING CALLED IN FOR A ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW WITH A LIEUTENANT (Lt. Chappell) AT NYPD MEDICAL DIVISION ONLY TO BE PRESSURED TOO WITHDRAW- WHILE SIMULTANIOUSLY BEING HANDED A NOTICE OF PROPOSED DISQUALIFICATION. IF YOUR CALLED IN, ID STRONGLY CONSIDER YOUR OPTIONS IN ADVANCE OF THIS MEETING. ITS A BIG DECISION TO BE FORCED TO MAKE ON THE SPOT.

IF YOU GET A CALL LIKE THIS, SEND ME A PM (PREFERABLY AN EMAIL).
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• These time frames are really disappointing. I met with my investigator last week and she told me I was on review. Sounds like the test will expire before some of us can get off review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                                SOME CANDIDATES HAVE BEEN BEING CALLED IN FOR A ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW WITH A LIEUTENANT (Lt. Chappell) AT NYPD MEDICAL DIVISION ONLY TO BE PRESSURED TOO WITHDRAW- WHILE SIMULTANIOUSLY BEING HANDED A NOTICE OF PROPOSED DISQUALIFICATION. IF YOUR CALLED IN, ID STRONGLY CONSIDER YOUR OPTIONS IN ADVANCE OF THIS MEETING. ITS A BIG DECISION TO BE FORCED TO MAKE ON THE SPOT.

IF YOU GET A CALL LIKE THIS, SEND ME A PM (PREFERABLY AN EMAIL).

Why can't NYPD just administer the MMPI Inventory Test instead of this psych interview nonsense which most police agencies don't do. Sad because many a good potential officer gets eliminated out of the process.

Most likely, the LT assigned to the NYPD medical unit will ask the candidate to sign a "letter of declination" which will effectively remove the candidate off the civil service list of eligibles. However; the psych disqualification still stands even if the candidate signs off on it.
                                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-27-2015, 05:43 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4983 users online. 276 members and 4707 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X