Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Unfortunately, NYPD relies too heavy on these psych evaluations that can not predict future behavior patterns. Her "new life'" will be spent in a state correction facility in Westchester County away from her paramour for many years.
    that doesnt explain why NYPD allowed her to continue to evaluate potential candidates...... Even after this came too lite. I believe she has not been charged; but, had she been a uniformed MOS she would have been rubber roomed long ago.

Your other post- Wechsler is a deputy commisioner in charge of personell.
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
      that doesnt explain why NYPD allowed her to continue to evaluate potential candidates...... Even after this came too lite. I believe she has not been charged; but, had she been a uniformed MOS she would have been rubber roomed long ago.

Your other post- Wechsler is a deputy commisioner in charge of personell.

You're right.....it's doesn't. I think these "psychologists" are employed by a private company contracted by the city. In any event, the NYPD should have told the contractor that her services are no longer needed by the NYPD when her arrest came to light.

Comment

You're right.....it's doesn't. I think these "psychologists" are employed by a private company contracted by the city. In any event, the NYPD should have told the contractor that her services are no longer needed by the NYPD when her arrest came to light.
        Nope- she's a civlian employee, employed by thr NYPD. Since shes a civil service employee it would be difficult to terminate her absent a conviction- but, she most certainly should have been placed modified at the immideate outset. NYPD does however use outside contractors during DQ cases too provide independant evaluations (Dr Robert Arko and one other guy) but they always robostamp the cases and side with NYPD.
        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.

Comment

Nope- she's a civlian employee, employed by thr NYPD. Since shes a civil service employee it would be difficult to terminate her absent a conviction- but, she most certainly should have been placed modified at the immideate outset. NYPD does however use outside contractors during DQ cases too provide independant evaluations (Dr Robert Arko and one other guy) but they always robostamp the cases and side with NYPD.
          Vista, when a public employee commits a crime on or off-duty whether or not a criminal conviction results there is always the possibility of NYS civil service law Article 75 proceedings. That is the lodging of departmental disciplinary charges against the employee. The standards of proof are different for "conviction". In a criminal matter finding a defendent guilty as charged quotum of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt". In a civil service disciplinary proceeding the quotum of proof is " preponderance of the evidence". The above female psychologist will no doubt: 1) be terminated from NYPD. 2) serve time in a state correctional facility. 3) Have her psychologist license to practice revoked by the NYS Dept. of Health.

Comment

Actually that's not true at all. NYPD psychologists are hired by and work specifically for the NYPD. Separately, she was never arrested, not even charged. I would assume that much like the rest of the population, she is offered due process by the legal system.

Comment

• She was arrested this morning http://nypost.com/2014/11/21/nypd-sh...ng-of-husband/
              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Safe to say if she DQ'd you, you should definatelt appeal
                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Safe to say if she DQ'd you, you should definatelt appeal

How are things going for you with NCSO/ corrections division? State Corrections CS exam is right around the corner.

Comment

How are things going for you with NCSO/ corrections division? State Corrections CS exam is right around the corner.

Still waiting too be assigned a Backround Investigator. I dont anticipate much of a problem; have a few pretty well respected people who are willing to go to bat for me. We shall see.

Also recently took dutchess county sherriff exam.
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Still waiting too be assigned a Backround Investigator. I dont anticipate much of a problem; have a few pretty well respected people who are willing to go to bat for me. We shall see.

Also recently took dutchess county sherriff exam.
                      You should do well with Nassau Corrections. Corrections is an honorable profession. Up this way its all "who you know and who you are".

Comment

• I received a notice of proposed Dq letter in person last week after meeting with a Lt at the leftack building. I was told I can hire my own psychologist and have him or her evaluate me after reviewing my file. When everything checks out they will then write a letter to the director of psychological services requesting a second interview.

Anyone know of a good psychologist that handles these specific cases? I came across Dr. Robert Daley ad on the chief, I may contact him.

Comment

• Originally posted by s2khybrid View Post
                          I received a notice of proposed Dq letter in person last week after meeting with a Lt at the leftack building. I was told I can hire my own psychologist and have him or her evaluate me after reviewing my file. When everything checks out they will then write a letter to the director of psychological services requesting a second interview.

Anyone know of a good psychologist that handles these specific cases? I came across Dr. Robert Daley ad on the chief, I may contact him.
                          Yes. Mark Lerner 631-673-3513. Hes very good at these!
                          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Appreciate the response. I will contact him today. How difficult is it for someone to receive a second interview and continue theough the process? I finished all the testing except for mini med and agility

Comment

• Originally posted by s2khybrid View Post
                              Appreciate the response. I will contact him today. How difficult is it for someone to receive a second interview and continue theough the process? I finished all the testing except for mini med and agility

Really all depends on your psych dq. Best thing to do is get your file meet with an outside psych and take it from there. If your reinstated too the list you move on as normal
                              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Really all depends on your psych dq. Best thing to do is get your file meet with an outside psych and take it from there. If your reinstated too the list you move on as normal
                                I spoke with Dr. Learner and he suggested I get ahold of Mr. Kronenberg, he's an attorney that handles one of many civil service DQ's...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10544 users online. 389 members and 10155 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X