Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
    Believe it or not, most of the police administrators don't go by what hiring standards of disqualification guidelines NYPD has to say. It isn't the end of the line if you're disqualified for police officer appointment by NYPD. Never give up! There are other agencies out there besides NYPD.
    Understand that.... (And i know we went thru this) but, one agencies DQ will always be there in their filing cabinet collecting dust. If another agency requests it- their free too use the information they find how they want. Also, every agency ive filled out paperwork for specifically asks if you have been dq or denied appointment from other agencies (this was even asked on my pistol permit renewal!). An answer of "yes" will certainly evoke question. If you appeal- you may never have too answer yes. If you lose an appeal, you hve the benefit of knowing what your file says for future reference- as well as having a document in hand addressing the disqualifying agencies concern.

With that said- yes, its up too every individual agency who they hire and how too weigh any of the candidates passed disqualifications into the decision. One agencies DQ is not binding upon other agencies (except in the State of NJ if you dole out)- And their are certainly other agencies besides nypd. If you want a job in this field; take every test even if your not totally intent on taking the job.

In my opinion; I will leave no stone unturned and make every attempt to get hired. Thats just me though.
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
      Understand that.... (And i know we went thru this) but, one agencies DQ will always be there in their filing cabinet collecting dust. If another agency requests it- their free too use the information they find how they want. Also, every agency ive filled out paperwork for specifically asks if you have been dq or denied appointment from other agencies (this was even asked on my pistol permit renewal!). An answer of "yes" will certainly evoke question. If you appeal- you may never have too answer yes. If you lose an appeal, you hve the benefit of knowing what your file says for future reference- as well as having a document in hand addressing the disqualifying agencies concern.

With that said- yes, its up too every individual agency who they hire and how too weigh any of the candidates passed disqualifications into the decision. One agencies DQ is not binding upon other agencies (except in the State of NJ if you dole out)- And their are certainly other agencies besides nypd. If you want a job in this field; take every test even if your not totally intent on taking the job.

In my opinion; I will leave no stone unturned and make every attempt to get hired. Thats just me though.

Ok....my agency goes by the MMPI Inventory questionnaire. No interviews by psychologists that have the power to DQ you from appointment. I personally believe a psychologist couldn't possibly predict a person's future conduct as a direct result of a short interview. I am sure many police executives out there feel the same way. I don't know how New Jersey works in terms of Law enforcement hiring--you know better.

Undoubtedly, for Nassau County you filled out an extensive questionnaire just to renew your pistol license and yet, that county, as well as NYC, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties won't even grant you a Unrestricted, full-carry license! Bottom line, if an agency wants to appoint an individual for professional or political reasons--they will.

I respect your opinion, nevertheless; and wish you well in your future endeavors in this field.
      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 12-10-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmydog
        Hey everyone I have a weird question and have been having trouble getting a straight answer any info would help thanks

I'm currently working for a construction union in Manhattan due to a long term lay off due to lack of work I've been doing private work to support my family until things pick up as a result I've been fined by my union a crazy amount of money which I don't plan on paying is this something that might jam me up on my character investigation? I've never been in trouble with the law in my life and have had a steady job for ten yrs while supporting a wife and 2 kids

No, not at all.

Comment

• I've been in the process of joining the Police Cadet Porgram and it's been about 4 months since I took my oral psych. I sent the documents I needed to send to the psychologist and still I haven't gotten any word from the NYPD. I called my investigator today and she told me I'm not cleared. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? I know that if I get DQ'd they send me a letter in the mail, but I haven't gotten any letter from them either. What do I do?

Comment

• Originally posted by agrullon125 View Post
            I've been in the process of joining the Police Cadet Porgram and it's been about 4 months since I took my oral psych. I sent the documents I needed to send to the psychologist and still I haven't gotten any word from the NYPD. I called my investigator today and she told me I'm not cleared. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? I know that if I get DQ'd they send me a letter in the mail, but I haven't gotten any letter from them either. What do I do?
            Unfortunately all you can do is wait. I know it's a pain but maybe they are still reviewing your documents. Good luck
            Exam# 2311
            List: 5XX
            Medical: 2/14 (On Review)
            Medical Review: 2/14 (Done)
            Social Media Check: 2/14 (Done)
            Met With BI: 2/14 (Done)
            Psych Written: 3/14 (Done)
            Psych Oral: 3/14 (Done) (Passed!!!!)
            JST: 3/14 (Done) JST#2: 11/14 (Done)
            Mini Med: 6/14 (Done) MiniMed #2: 11/14 (Done)

Missed July 2014 class... Let's go January 2015

GOT THE CALL 1/3/2015 12:01PM

Comment

No, not at all.
              If you dont pay it it, can / will they sue you?
              Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
              you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by agrullon125 View Post
                I've been in the process of joining the Police Cadet Porgram and it's been about 4 months since I took my oral psych. I sent the documents I needed to send to the psychologist and still I haven't gotten any word from the NYPD. I called my investigator today and she told me I'm not cleared. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? I know that if I get DQ'd they send me a letter in the mail, but I haven't gotten any letter from them either. What do I do?
                You have too much wit. Your likely on "Review". Basically, your file has been flagged to be reviewed by a supervisor for a determination to be made. It can take some time- as the supervisors have a heavy work load. They also work in Exam / List order.

If you are DQ'd, you will either be called down or sent a letter VIA Certified Mail. If you get that letter and are interested in appealing, or you wish too learn more about the appeal process- you can message me on here.
                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                  If you dont pay it it, can / will they sue you?
                  No, they can't and I have never heard of any union fining a member for doing private work.

Comment

• If you owe monies as part of an organization, they can take you to court for money owed, especially if you receive any services from them. Pay up or quit.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

They fined me un fairly other guys got a lesser fine for the same thing I'm trying to find a lawyer to represent me hopefully I can drag this out till I get nypd or court officer.. i still got a year and a half for the nypd tho
                      if you're going through a lawsuit as far as I know no law enforcement agency will pick you up once they find out you have an open lawsuit or case until the situation is handled and hopefully in your favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                        if you're going through a lawsuit as far as I know no law enforcement agency will pick you up once they find out you have an open lawsuit or case until the situation is handled and hopefully in your favor.
                        The Hopeful, you made a generalization statement that is not based upon actual fact. That an candidate has initiated or is the subject of a civil action does not automatically bar appointment.

Comment

• hey guys, fellow psych appealer. anybody still waiting to hear from civil service? this is so stressful

Comment

• Been on Psych Review for 10 months now..

Comment

No, they can't and I have never heard of any union fining a member for doing private work.
                              Teamsters do- especially if you have a book and are working on a nonunion job.
                              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

It's more of a shake down then law suit they just threw a crazy number at to and said pay us now meanwhile guys got caught doing the same thing and got a much smaller fine I'm trying to find a lawyer to squash this but it hard they won't take me to court
                                The guy i used for my appeal is an employment lawyer.
                                He could probably give you more insite into the situation than most. Free consults. Unions do frequently pursue Civil Suites to recover fines especially if you violated your union contract. Construction, trucking, etc unions do this alot. Local 282 sued one of my drivers for a similiar situation. He got carded while working on a non-union jobsite and they hit him for $10k.

Try Rob Kronenberg
                                631-234-4434

or email me at [email protected]

if he cant help i have another lawyer who handles all my friends union troubles (and he has many)

you were basically fined for being s scab? Lol
                                Last edited by Vista; 01-13-2015, 07:18 AM.
                                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5598 users online. 358 members and 5240 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X