Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja, first you take the written, then you take the oral psych.

You'll know a few days afterwards to two weeks after the oral if you passed.

If you're still on review after that, then you complain on this forum..

Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ninjaofficer0691 View Post
      Guys I have a question. Is it possible to pass the oral psych but fail the written? I qualified for my oral but had no results up for the written. Should I be nervous? I took it in august
      The psychological evaluation encompasses the results of both the written exam, as well as the club clinical / oral examination.

You want to be "4q"= qualified on the character,psych,medical and jst exam.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
        You're all placing too much emphasis on "psych evaluations" for NYPD. Unfortunately, whether its good,bad, or even indifferent that's how the system is--and many a good potential officer gets thrown out of the running. Most other police agencies place much less emphasis on it and it is not required of the candidates to even appear before a psychologist. A police chief or commissioner of other police agency upstate or out-of-state is not bound by NYPD psych or character disqualifications. Vista, remember the earlier advice I gave you for Nassau County holds true.
        It's true most other police agencies place less emphasis on it and are not as strict as NYPD, but to state most other police agencies do not require candidates to appear before a psychologist is not factual. The majority (or at least the ones who hire a fairly decent sized number of applicants) of police agencies and police applicants go through a battery of psychological tests and sit down for a oral psychological interview before being hired.

Maybe Ulster doesn't do them, I don't know. Maybe a number of one stop-lights town's upstate don't. When I was applying for exams, and looking at upstate department's I cannot remember one that did not mention taking a psychological exam.
        Last edited by LINY; 10-24-2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LINY View Post
          It's true most other police agencies place less emphasis on it and are not as strict as NYPD, but to state most other police agencies do not require candidates to appear before a psychologist is not factual. The majority (or at least the ones who hire a fairly decent sized number of applicants) of police agencies and police applicants go through a battery of psychological tests and sit down for a oral psychological interview before being hired.

Maybe Ulster doesn't do them, I don't know. Maybe a number of one stop-lights town's upstate don't. When I was applying for exams, and looking at upstate department's I cannot remember one that did not mention taking a psychological exam.
          Mine does the MMPI written inventory. No appearance before a psychologist is necessary. Small time politics rein supreme up this way. It's who you know.

Comment

• I got dq from nypd back in feb in 2012 and now i started my process for nyc corrections and they put me on review for corrections because i fail nypd psych which doesnt make sense because there to different agencies

Comment

• Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
              I got dq from nypd back in feb in 2012 and now i started my process for nyc corrections and they put me on review for corrections because i fail nypd psych which doesnt make sense because there to different agencies
              Two different agencies but still under the same city at the end of the day. Good luck my friend.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Merlin_ownz;3539964]I got dq from nypd back in feb in 2012 and now i started my process for nyc corrections and they put me on review for corrections because i fail nypd psych which doesnt make sense because there to different agencies[/QUOTE

Hate to rehash it but NYC LE agencies use the same company for candidate psychological evaluations. A record of your previous NYPD disqualification is on file with both NYPD and the City's civil service department. It doesn't take that much inquiring for NYCDOC background investigators to find out about your previous NYPD disqualification. Since both agencies use the virtually the same hiring and retention guidelines--no doubt you will be DQed by city corrections as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                  Two different agencies but still under the same city at the end of the day. Good luck my friend.
                  He needs more than "good luck" . In so far as NYC LE employment is concerned--he's at the end of the line and needs to look elsewhere if he wishes to remain in this line of work.

Comment

• [QUOTE=CountyCorrectionOfficer;3539979]
                    Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
                    I got dq from nypd back in feb in 2012 and now i started my process for nyc corrections and they put me on review for corrections because i fail nypd psych which doesnt make sense because there to different agencies[/QUOTE

Hate to rehash it but NYC LE agencies use the same company for candidate psychological evaluations. A record of your previous NYPD disqualification is on file with both NYPD and the City's civil service department. It doesn't take that much inquiring for NYCDOC background investigators to find out about your previous NYPD disqualification. Since both agencies use the virtually the same hiring and retention guidelines--no doubt you will be DQed by city corrections as well.
                    i had a friend who fail the nypd pysch and now hes a nyc corrections , and i had another friend who fail the pd pysch twice went into nyc correction and now hes fdny

Comment

• [QUOTE=CountyCorrectionOfficer;3539979]
                      Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
                      I got dq from nypd back in feb in 2012 and now i started my process for nyc corrections and they put me on review for corrections because i fail nypd psych which doesnt make sense because there to different agencies[/QUOTE

Not entirely true for NYPD even though I didnt take the psych I was scheduled for it but chose not to do it ( for SSA) since I was scheduled for another city agency that same day for law enforcement. I was sent to a private psychiatrist for Department of Homeless Services PD and passed that. I dont entirely believe in psych services and I definitely dont believe one person failing a psych for another agency should hold any bearing for another department but that's just the ball game we play.

Comment

• How recent was this?? Usually, the format is one disqualification in either NYPD or NYCDOC will cause disqualification in the other. Hiring and retention guidelines are quite similar. Maybe your friend has some "political connections" that got him the job.
                        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 11-10-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• This year and their both joe schmos like me no connect

Comment

• Taking Sanitation test in Feb.

Will a DQ from NYPD have anything to do with Sanitation? (Eight months still on Psych review).

Thank you to anyone who might know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
                              Taking Sanitation test in Feb.

Will a DQ from NYPD have anything to do with Sanitation? (Eight months still on Psych review).

Thank you to anyone who might know.
                              the qualification are different. Sanitation isnt a LE job so it shouldnt effect you i know of people failing the nypd psychological and go into mta,sanitation and bridges and tunnel

Comment

• Thank you Merlin

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6940 users online. 298 members and 6642 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X