Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
    Bern, shoot me a message. Or email.
    just sent you an email

Comment

• Hi Bern8051, what exam # did you take?

Can you tell us what happens with the LT?

It would be much appreciated, we're in the same boat...

Good Luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
        Hi Bern8051, what exam # did you take?

Good Luck!!
        If the LT calls you is usually to give you the proposal dq letter. He makes it seem like its to help you out by saying "we are trying to move you down the process"
        [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
        Exam#: 2326 02/2012
        List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
        Medical: 3.2014
        Written Psych: 4.2014
        JST: 5.2014
        Oral Psych: 5.2014
        Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
        Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
        -Appealed -
        2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
        Mini Medical: 5.2015
        Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
        GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
          Hi Bern8051, what exam # did you take?

Good Luck!!
          basically what nypdaux2589 said. They proposed 3 options: 1 - withdraw your name n avoid getting DQed other agencies would not see it as a DQ but as a withdrawl. there could be number of reasons why you withdraw your name.
          2- write a letter to the director stating why they should give u a another psy interview
          3- get your own psyc to evalute u (money out your pocket)

basicallly pick your poison type of deal.... hope that helps

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589 View Post
            If the LT calls you is usually to give you the proposal dq letter. He makes it seem like its to help you out by saying "we are trying to move you down the process"
            I agree! however, why would they even waste their time to call me and proposed? why cant they just DQ me? does this happen to everyone and is part of the routine process or is it only for some? why? does this mean theres a chance for those who get the proposed letter? these are all the questions that run thru my head n need an answer to, in order to decide what option will i be taking. tough decision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bern8051 View Post
              I agree! however, why would they even waste their time to call me and proposed? why cant they just DQ me? does this happen to everyone and is part of the routine process or is it only for some? why? does this mean theres a chance for those who get the proposed letter? these are all the questions that run thru my head n need an answer to, in order to decide what option will i be taking. tough decision!
              Its really difficult to know but I guess there is a chance depending on what your situation is. I am also appealing I am fighting for what I really want. My advice to you is to just go for it fight it if you have nothing to hide. A crazy psych cant really tell if you are suitable for the job or not is all bs they just go for what is on paper.
              List # 25xx

-Appealed -

Comment

No doubt you will be disqualified even after you signed a "declination of appointment" letter. this is done to close your file and to remove your name off the civil service list.

Comment

• does anyone know anyone who has been thru this appealing process and actually got into NYPD?

Comment

does anyone know anyone who has been thru this appealing process and actually got into NYPD?
                    I know a girl that did an appeal and got a 2nd interview.
                    List # 25xx

-Appealed -

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589 View Post
                      I know a girl that did an appeal and got a 2nd interview.
                      do you know how was she able to obtain it? did she write a letter or went to a psy and got evaluated?

Comment

do you know how was she able to obtain it? did she write a letter or went to a psy and got evaluated?
                        She got a psych n a lawyer.
                        List # 25xx

-Appealed -

Comment

Hello everyone,

wanted to know if anyone here has been called up to see a LT. to be presented with a "notice of proposed of DQ" letter? you basically get three option, pick your poison type of thing. I got the letter yesterday but not sure what to do. I want to give it one more try but being that i "dont meet the stress of being a officer", the new assign psyc doctor already has me as not making it the first time. what are my chances I pass the second? I might as well withdraw my name that way I dont have that DQ following me on every other civil service position such as CO...any thoughts.
                          [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Im confused. If their offering you a second psychological interview, you have nothing too lose by taking it. There's a very good chance that a second NYPD psychologist will look at things in a different perspective. They will most certainly will focus on problem areas and go into greater detail. (This can go both ways for you). [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
                          [/COLOR]
                          [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]If when you say second interview- you mean an Independent Evaluation, or an appeal- that you pay for, if its within your financial means id recommend it, although some dont. [/COLOR]
                          [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
                          [/COLOR]
                          [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]While an Independent evaluation will focus in detail on the problem areas- Looking at things from a wider scope and perspective, different theories- etc- their are some issues that no matter what can not be overcome. I.E., if your a paranoid schizophrenic etc. Not all are winnable. [/COLOR]
                          [/COLOR]
                          [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I would stay in it. AT LEAST get too the point in the Appeal when you get your file and see what it says, and make your decision from there. I have a friend who's file not only contained material inaccuracies- it contained parts of an entirely different candidates file in which his DQ was based on! Then you can make your decision based on your personal research and feelings and choose to hire the psychologist to conduct a thorough exam and actually continue with an appeal. Be reasonable in your expectations and dont make your decisions based off emotions.[/COLOR]
                          [/COLOR]
                          [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]If you withdraw in lieu of DQ, it will not help you. Your Psych File is already written up and on file. The report is done. When you apply for other agencies, you will list NYPD. They will ask why you didn't get hired, and you will say you withdrew. They will ask why, and you will basically say you were going to be DQ. They will request your file, and the NYPD Legal Bureau will determine if it should be sent. (I spoke with Dr. Archibald and said they typically do send them, but its decided by the attorneys). [/COLOR]
                          [/COLOR]
                          [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]While a DQ from one agency is not an absolute and instant DQ from another agency (like a Felony, or Domestic Violence history)- since each agency makes their own, individual determination, It will certainly bear some level of influence when their making their hiring decision especially in situations in which their not sure on hiring you. Their gonna read it and it will make some kind of Influence on them, if you have an appeal / Independent report in there, addressing the NYPD's assertions that will influence them as well.[/COLOR]
                          [/COLOR]
                          [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]With that said, I know a kid who was hired by the Port Authority right after being DQ by NYPD, because they looked at his Background history for what it actually was, as opposed to what it appeared to be on paper. I know a guy who was cleared by the NY State Police psych after being DQ by NYPD (he withdrew his NYPD appeal after passing the nysp psych while NYPD saw all the nonsense he admitted to them as a problem, NYSP saw as him being overtly honest). Whatever you do, i wish you luck- and ill try and answer whatever questions i can.[/COLOR]
                          Problems with a psych exam?
                          Have an upcoming
                          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                          you make up your mind.
                          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• thanks for the info vista

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Im confused. If their offering you a second psychological interview, you have nothing too lose by taking it. There's a very good chance that a second NYPD psychologist will look at things in a different perspective. They will most certainly will focus on problem areas and go into greater detail. (This can go both ways for you). [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
                              [/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]If when you say second interview- you mean an Independent Evaluation, or an appeal- that you pay for, if its within your financial means id recommend it, although some dont. [/COLOR]
                              [/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]While an Independent evaluation will focus in detail on the problem areas- Looking at things from a wider scope and perspective, different theories- etc- their are some issues that no matter what can not be overcome. I.E., if your a paranoid schizophrenic etc. Not all are winnable. [/COLOR]
                              [/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I would stay in it. AT LEAST get too the point in the Appeal when you get your file and see what it says, and make your decision from there. I have a friend who's file not only contained material inaccuracies- it contained parts of an entirely different candidates file in which his DQ was based on! Then you can make your decision based on your personal research and feelings and choose to hire the psychologist to conduct a thorough exam and actually continue with an appeal. Be reasonable in your expectations and dont make your decisions based off emotions.[/COLOR]
                              [/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]If you withdraw in lieu of DQ, it will not help you. Your Psych File is already written up and on file. The report is done. When you apply for other agencies, you will list NYPD. They will ask why you didn't get hired, and you will say you withdrew. They will ask why, and you will basically say you were going to be DQ. They will request your file, and the NYPD Legal Bureau will determine if it should be sent. (I spoke with Dr. Archibald and said they typically do send them, but its decided by the attorneys). [/COLOR]
                              [/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]While a DQ from one agency is not an absolute and instant DQ from another agency (like a Felony, or Domestic Violence history)- since each agency makes their own, individual determination, It will certainly bear some level of influence when their making their hiring decision especially in situations in which their not sure on hiring you. Their gonna read it and it will make some kind of Influence on them, if you have an appeal / Independent report in there, addressing the NYPD's assertions that will influence them as well.[/COLOR]
                              [/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]With that said, I know a kid who was hired by the Port Authority right after being DQ by NYPD, because they looked at his Background history for what it actually was, as opposed to what it appeared to be on paper. I know a guy who was cleared by the NY State Police psych after being DQ by NYPD (he withdrew his NYPD appeal after passing the nysp psych while NYPD saw all the nonsense he admitted to them as a problem, NYSP saw as him being overtly honest). Whatever you do, i wish you luck- and ill try and answer whatever questions i can.[/COLOR]
                              You're all placing too much emphasis on "psych evaluations" for NYPD. Unfortunately, whether its good,bad, or even indifferent that's how the system is--and many a good potential officer gets thrown out of the running. Most other police agencies place much less emphasis on it and it is not required of the candidates to even appear before a psychologist. A police chief or commissioner of other police agency upstate or out-of-state is not bound by NYPD psych or character disqualifications. Vista, remember the earlier advice I gave you for Nassau County holds true.

Comment

• Guys I have a question. Is it possible to pass the oral psych but fail the written? I qualified for my oral but had no results up for the written. Should I be nervous? I took it in august

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12420 users online. 478 members and 11942 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X