Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about being seen for difficulty sleeping and given benadryl to sleep due to a post traumatic as a child? Would that disqualify me?
    Nypd exam 2302- 7/2011
    Passed exam!
    List#- 12/2011
    Apd5- 5/2013
    Initial Medical- 01/2014
    Written and Oral Psych- 01/2014
    Meet with Investigator- 01/2014
    Jst- 03/2014

Comment

Did the event happen as a child and you're suffering as an adult or did the event happen as a child and were you treated and "cured" as a child?
      Last edited by Friday, Joe; 03-10-2012, 01:42 PM. Reason: Spelling
      13O2 Aug '10
      List: <1000

Comment

No this actually happened rather recently. I spoke to the psych about this and they said it shouldn't be a big deal. She would verbally talk to whoever she would need to
        Test: 2326

Comment

Your psych said this?
          13O2 Aug '10

Comment

Originally posted by Friday, Joe View Post
            Your psych said this?

yes she did, i mentioned to her my concern regarding the nypd and told her they tend to put people on review that have been to therapy. she said it shouldn't be a problem for me regarding the notes and she would talk to someone if she had to.

i went VOLUNTARILY. fact of the matter is most of society could use some therapy, just won't admit it.

Comment

Last statement is true. It's good that the therapist supports you. Up to psych services now. Don't have to go into it on the internet but the NYPD docs will look at all aspects of how you handled the stress of not getting along with your sister. In the end, it's up to them.
              13O2 Aug '10

Comment

Originally posted by ladysnight View Post
                How about being seen for difficulty sleeping and given benadryl to sleep due to a post traumatic as a child? Would that disqualify me?
                Unfortunately,most likely. Post traumatic stress disorder is a huge road block when it comes to the Nypd process.
                Exam: 1315
                APD5: submitted

Comment

Originally posted by JH34PG View Post
                  yes she did, i mentioned to her my concern regarding the nypd and told her they tend to put people on review that have been to therapy. she said it shouldn't be a problem for me regarding the notes and she would talk to someone if she had to.

i went VOLUNTARILY. fact of the matter is most of society could use some therapy, just won't admit it.
                  You probably will be placed on review. Nypd psych will flip it in such a way that you should have been able to resolve the issue without having the help of a therapist. I don't think it will DQ you. However, the doctor you and your sister met with will have to submit paperwork on your behalf. The Nypd psych will then have to make a decision on your case.
                  Exam: 1315
                  APD5: submitted

Comment

Originally posted by Friday, Joe View Post
                    Last statement is true. It's good that the therapist supports you. Up to psych services now. Don't have to go into it on the internet but the NYPD docs will look at all aspects of how you handled the stress of not getting along with your sister. In the end, it's up to them.

lol no family is perfect...it would just really be terrible if I didn't get on due to me choosing to go and work on my relationship with my sis.

Comment

lol no family is perfect...it would just really be terrible if I didn't get on due to me choosing to go and work on my relationship with my sis.
                      Please know I am not being a d*ck when I give this advice but I've been through a lot of police processes to know the following is true: The bold is your attempt to down play the situation. We all do it but the NYPD psychs and background investigators don't like it. The truth is, you don't know what they like or want. Thousands of applicants don't have a psych background or as much as a record of farting in church. Don't get defensive if you're put on review. Have the neccessary documentation prepared and be ready for a crapload of bullshiat questions to try and p!ss you off. Maintain your cool because you're right, it really is not a big deal but they will definitely see your defensiveness and try to turn it into anger. Rest easy, be cool and good luck!
                      13O2 Aug '10

Comment

Thank you for the response. I have a longggggg way to go before I get to that step. I appreciate your time

Comment

Thank the City of *******. I'm at work! Haha. What's your test number? Can you put that in your sig for us?
                          13O2 Aug '10

Comment

Sure, I took Test 2326

Comment

January '12?
                              13O2 Aug '10

Comment

Took the exam in Feb 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5753 users online. 262 members and 5491 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X