Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello everyone,

    wanted to know if anyone here has been called up to see a LT. to be presented with a "notice of proposed of DQ" letter? you basically get three option, pick your poison type of thing. I got the letter yesterday but not sure what to do. I want to give it one more try but being that i "dont meet the stress of being a officer", the new assign psyc doctor already has me as not making it the first time. what are my chances I pass the second? I might as well withdraw my name that way I dont have that DQ following me on every other civil service position such as CO...any thoughts.

    Comment


    • Each police and /or corrections agency has their own method of hiring personnel. What ones' agency candidate disqualification on either character or psychological grounds does not have bearing on what another agency might consider as hiring criteria. The larger metropolitan police departments are quite stringent in hiring personnel while other smaller agencies consider a person's background as a whole.

      Comment


      • This is what i though, but according to the LT. theres a high chance it may prevent some civil service positions. it also states it on the letter i got from them.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bern8051 View Post
          This is what i though, but according to the LT. theres a high chance it may prevent some civil service positions. it also states it on the letter i got from them.
          Check your inbox I pm
          1302 got email 9/29/15

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bern8051 View Post
            This is what i though, but according to the LT. theres a high chance it may prevent some civil service positions. it also states it on the letter i got from them.

            Again, outside of NYC; a NYC police candidate disqualification on character and psych issues has little or no bearing on upstate or out-of-state law enforcement employment. I know of several individuals who were either disqualified from or terminated out of NYPD getting hired into other law enforcement positions. The absolute bar to law enforcement hiring in New York State is conviction of a felony. Psychology is an art--not an exact science-- and a psychologist's opinion CAN NOT predict future behavior patterns.

            Comment


            • Question: How long does it take to get off psych review? Been on review since January; I'm guessing I'll get disqualified or my exam will expire (2302). Tried contacting the Dr. that interviewed me (she totally ignored all my emails and messages). My investigator left the agency (APD is in the process of assigning me a new one). Good thing I already have a city job making more than NYPD.
              "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Daniel2302 View Post
                Question: How long does it take to get off psych review? Been on review since January; I'm guessing I'll get disqualified or my exam will expire (2302). Tried contacting the Dr. that interviewed me (she totally ignored all my emails and messages). My investigator left the agency (APD is in the process of assigning me a new one). Good thing I already have a city job making more than NYPD.
                You're pretty much on an indefinite "hold" until your exam expires. Try contacting APD for further information on your status.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                  You're pretty much on an indefinite "hold" until your exam expires. Try contacting APD for further information on your status.
                  Figured that would happen; I'll just take another exam. The department is undergoing some changes, hopefully the process will be better in the future.
                  "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Daniel2302 View Post
                    Figured that would happen; I'll just take another exam. The department is undergoing some changes, hopefully the process will be better in the future.
                    Philadelphia, Baltimore and Atlanta are actively recruiting.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Daniel2302 View Post
                      Figured that would happen; I'll just take another exam. The department is undergoing some changes, hopefully the process will be better in the future.

                      Mostly likely it will get worse. Remember they have an enormous amount of candidates wanting the job.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Daniel2302 View Post
                        Figured that would happen; I'll just take another exam. The department is undergoing some changes, hopefully the process will be better in the future.
                        Write to the lead psychologist (Dr. Archibald) explaining that your contact attempts have not worked. I had the same problem and that worked but in the end I got tired of the city's nonsense and applied, and got hired elsewhere. The NYPD isn't the only game in town.

                        Comment


                        • I checked but havent gotten anything.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LINY View Post
                            Write to the lead psychologist (Dr. Archibald) explaining that your contact attempts have not worked. I had the same problem and that worked but in the end I got tired of the city's nonsense and applied, and got hired elsewhere. The NYPD isn't the only game in town.
                            ELOISE.ARCHIBALD@nypd.org

                            shes very personable and replies. Keep your emails simple and dont make any demands. Business letter. Perhaps the basis of your letter should beninquiring as to whether there is anything they need to complete their evaluation....
                            Problems with a psych exam?
                            Have an upcoming
                            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                            If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                            you make up your mind.
                            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                            Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                            Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                            Comment


                            • Bern, shoot me a message. Or email.
                              Problems with a psych exam?
                              Have an upcoming
                              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                              If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                              you make up your mind.
                              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                              Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                              Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LINY View Post
                                Write to the lead psychologist (Dr. Archibald) explaining that your contact attempts have not worked. I had the same problem and that worked but in the end I got tired of the city's nonsense and applied, and got hired elsewhere. The NYPD isn't the only game in town.

                                LINY, you're much better off where you are now and with more salary to boot!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8499 users online. 353 members and 8146 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X