Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umair2024 View Post
    hey vista, i have to gain some information from you about proposed DQ. Im in the same situation as nypdaux2589. If you have any information about psychologist please do let me know because i have only few days left for the dead line.

Thanks
    Turn on ur PM
    [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
    Exam#: 2326 02/2012
    List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
    Medical: 3.2014
    Written Psych: 4.2014
    JST: 5.2014
    Oral Psych: 5.2014
    Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
    Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
    -Appealed -
    2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
    Mini Medical: 5.2015
    Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
    GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

• HEY its ON

Comment

• NYPD AUX 2589 ->

Interesting, how long did her appeal take?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
          NYPD AUX 2589 ->

She said it was about a year.
          List # 25xx

-Appealed -

Comment

• Hey guys, what type of questions exactly do they ask in the written and oral psyc exam?
            Also, any tips from those who did well on those proportions?
            Exam: 3313 list: 2xx

Comment

• Originally posted by shady9206 View Post
              Hey guys, what type of questions exactly do they ask in the written and oral psyc exam?
              It varies
              List # 25xx

-Appealed -

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589 View Post
                I dont think thats 100% true. I know someone that got it overturned and she has another interview for sept.
                Another interview with her Investigator, or Psych Services?
                Problems with a psych exam?
                Have an upcoming
                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.
                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by shady9206 View Post
                  Hey guys, what type of questions exactly do they ask in the written and oral psyc exam?
                  Basically anything involving your school,work,social life, relationships, is fair game for them.

For instance, on my second interview they asked me "Do your parents have health insuranfe?" (That was requested to be asked by a supervisor, the NYPD Psych who was interviewing me even looked shocked about it).
                  Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
                    NYPD AUX 2589 ->

Im gonna reply here to a few things- so not all is directed at you.

It's not really true that all appeals are useless- especially psychological appeals. Civil Service Commission frequently overturns them- i was not told this by any attorney or psychologist. I was told this, by an NYPD Chief (Chief Anderson of the training bureau ) who i know through friends at the NY Law enforcement foundation.

I was one of the handful that got knocked out on the character, after the psych. (The chief had retired before my psych appeal was finished and background inv. resumed)

Many guys who dont post on here have appealed and got on. Theirs so many cases of appeals (many of them psych appeals) from NYPD, FDNY, Etc- that civil service has a 6-8 month backlog (not all cases go too CSC ) So, only a fraction post on here.

It took me ten months from the day i filed until the nypd rescinded the DQ for the psych (at the four month, NYPD called me in for a second psych eval). On average its about a year after all is said and done. I believe its quicker now.

You damn well could be hired by another agency after a nypd psych dq (nysp basically disregarded a friends nypd psych eval) but this often does cause problems. A prior dq can only hurt you and having a document addressing the dq can only help. A friend was recently DQ by nassau primarily based off his uncontested NYPD DQ from a few years ago (this time he is appealing Nassau's determination ). So, be careful. The DQ will always stay with you. Psych DQ's are

Anyone on here who says to withdraw, give up, move on- you have to consider the source. You dont know who they are and anyone can make a name on here (im not saying they aren't who they are- but look at Dice711, he was never a detective and sold a good line of crap- had multiple usernames and aliases and quickly disappeared when IAB looked into him). Ive merely shared my experiences and recommended people get ( free) opinions from (verified, licensed professional) experts.You guys have nothing to lose by doing this. Which is more logical?

In any case, whatever you chose is ultimately your choice- and i wish you luck on this all future endeavors.
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                      Another interview with her Investigator, or Psych Services?
                      With psych.
                      List # 25xx

-Appealed -

Comment

Im gonna reply here to a few things- so not all is directed at you.

It's not really true that all appeals are useless- especially psychological appeals. Civil Service Commission frequently overturns them- i was not told this by any attorney or psychologist. I was told this, by an NYPD Chief (Chief Anderson of the training bureau ) who i know through friends at the NY Law enforcement foundation.

I was one of the handful that got knocked out on the character, after the psych. (The chief had retired before my psych appeal was finished and background inv. resumed)

Many guys who dont post on here have appealed and got on. Theirs so many cases of appeals (many of them psych appeals) from NYPD, FDNY, Etc- that civil service has a 6-8 month backlog (not all cases go too CSC ) So, only a fraction post on here.

It took me ten months from the day i filed until the nypd rescinded the DQ for the psych (at the four month, NYPD called me in for a second psych eval). On average its about a year after all is said and done. I believe its quicker now.

You damn well could be hired by another agency after a nypd psych dq (nysp basically disregarded a friends nypd psych eval) but this often does cause problems. A prior dq can only hurt you and having a document addressing the dq can only help. A friend was recently DQ by nassau primarily based off his uncontested NYPD DQ from a few years ago (this time he is appealing Nassau's determination ). So, be careful. The DQ will always stay with you. Psych DQ's are

Anyone on here who says to withdraw, give up, move on- you have to consider the source. You dont know who they are and anyone can make a name on here (im not saying they aren't who they are- but look at Dice711, he was never a detective and sold a good line of crap- had multiple usernames and aliases and quickly disappeared when IAB looked into him). Ive merely shared my experiences and recommended people get ( free) opinions from (verified, licensed professional) experts.You guys have nothing to lose by doing this. Which is more logical?

In any case, whatever you chose is ultimately your choice- and i wish you luck on this all future endeavors.
                        Again, as i have posted previously on this forum; Disqualifications on Character or psych issues does not necessarily mean its the end of line for LE employment. Most of your smaller to mid-sized police/sheriff departments evaluate a potential employee on a case-to-case basis looking at his/her background record as a whole. I have heard of terminated LE personnel and prior mental illness patients (one was a former county jail inmate on constant supervision facing a misdemeanor charge) getting LE jobs up this way. Police Agencies, especially NYSP, NYPD,Suffolk, Nassau, and Rockland Counties offer top dollar to their potential employees and thus can be quite selective given the large number of candidates versus available vacancies.

And as I have stated to you previously, Vista. NYPD background investigation files are SEALED and confidential. They will not release any information or data gathered to another department investigating your background. Most LE agencies look for candidates with a stable employment history coupled with a clean arrest/conviction criminal history.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                          Again, as i have posted previously on this forum; Disqualifications on Character or psych issues does not necessarily mean its the end of line for LE employment. Most of your smaller to mid-sized police/sheriff departments evaluate a potential employee on a case-to-case basis looking at his/her background record as a whole. I have heard of terminated LE personnel and prior mental illness patients (one was a former county jail inmate on constant supervision facing a misdemeanor charge) getting LE jobs up this way. Police Agencies, especially NYSP, NYPD,Suffolk, Nassau, and Rockland Counties offer top dollar to their potential employees and thus can be quite selective given the large number of candidates versus available vacancies.

And as I have stated to you previously, Vista. NYPD background investigation files are SEALED and confidential. They will not release any information or data gathered to another department investigating your background. Most LE agencies look for candidates with a stable employment history coupled with a clean arrest/conviction criminal history.
                          You said that- but Port Authority Police told me thenonly time they have a hard time getting someones file is if their " on the job".

I do know they will send psychological records as its a covered under the public health law.
                          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

You said that- but Port Authority Police told me thenonly time they have a hard time getting someones file is if their " on the job".

I do know they will send psychological records as its a covered under the public health law.

Port Authority of NY/NY PD --another very selective police agency with stringent background requirements. Another example of when supply (of candidates) exceeds demand (vacancies) several times over.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Port Authority of NY/NY PD --another very selective police agency with stringent background requirements. Another example of when supply (of candidates) exceeds demand (vacancies) several times over.
                              If you dont mind if I but in here real quick. I see LINY was dq by the NYPD but got the go ahead from PAPD. Must not be as stringent as you make it seem.

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                                If you dont mind if I but in here real quick. I see LINY was dq by the NYPD but got the go ahead from PAPD. Must not be as stringent as you make it seem.
                                LINY is better off with PAPD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8476 users online. 383 members and 8093 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X