Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fredleggs View Post
    Need some advice, having seen a pysch should I have the doctor I saw fax my record to the doctor to have it ready for my oral or just wait to see what the oral Investigator has to say
    Pm me
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• I'm thinking of using Dr. Jose arcana, Ph.D.,Esq to appeal my DQ. Any suggestions are welcome
      NYPD 8045 EXPIRED (UNDER THE RULE 1/3 WAS NOT SELECT IT)
      NYPD 0311 WAITING TO STATRT MY PAPER WORK. I LOVE NYPD
      NYPD 2050

TAXI AND LIMO 0152
      SPECIAL OFFICER 0152. FORMER HHC OFFICER
      NYCDOC 0300 DONE. GRADUATING 12-20-12

Comment

• Originally posted by erickvalenz123 View Post
        I'm thinking of using Dr. Jose arcana, Ph.D.,Esq to appeal my DQ. Any suggestions are welcome
        Out of curiosity do you not like working as a corrections officer?

Comment

I'm thinking of using Dr. Jose arcana, Ph.D.,Esq to appeal my DQ. Any suggestions are welcome
          Erick, save your time and money. This Forum is 2.5 years old and no one was hired by the NYPD.

Spend the $25-$100 for the exam fees and take more Civil Service exams if you want to change your career.

Save the $3-$8000 in Lawyer fees for appealing.. You can get hired by other LE Depts with a NYPD DQ. I see it all over Officer.com

But what I don't see, are NYPD Psych DQ's getting the appeal overturned and hired.

Maybe a few years ago because the lists were thin with the low starting pay, but the lists have over 20,000 people waiting to get on (with clean backgrounds)...

Save your Money.

Comment

Hes a scammer in my opinion. Ive read alot of negative stuff about him.
            Last edited by Vista; 08-29-2014, 08:39 AM.
            Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.

Comment

I found Arcaya to be difficult too communicate with, as he only likes to talk via email. He also didn't like to answer questions or even seem too ask any pertinent questions.

He's also a shady character. He does disability and accident cases- but his reports are typically " form letters" and are virtually identical.

If you PM or email me id be happy to explain my experiences with the various people i spoke too, and what lead me to use who i used.

Explore all your options. Call around and feel everyone out before you hand over any money.
              Last edited by Vista; 08-27-2014, 09:31 AM.
              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Hey I took the oral in late June and haven't had anything returned to me and whenever I contact my investigator, which I do every 3 weeks or so, he just says the hiring process is a long process and for me to stay out of trouble.

Don't you get a letter in the mail a few weeks later about the psych and future JST dates? Or because I just missed July, they're taking care of others first?

Just a little confused and getting a little nervous here. Thanks for any reply.

Comment

• hey vista, i have to gain some information from you about proposed DQ. Im in the same situation as nypdaux2589. If you have any information about psychologist please do let me know because i have only few days left for the dead line.

Thanks

Comment

• Vista,

You are in no position to judge those with a Medical Doctor, Psychologist, Psychiatrist (MD), or SW.
                    Publicly posting that they are a scammer puts you in the crosshairs for a law suit.

Just because you didn't get the results you wanted, does not mean someone is a "scammer."
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by umair2024 View Post
                      hey vista, i have to gain some information from you about proposed DQ. Im in the same situation as nypdaux2589. If you have any information about psychologist please do let me know because i have only few days left for the dead line.

Thanks
                      Out of town right now. Do your self a facor call rob at 631-234-4434 and he will explain it best and make your decision from there or email me at [email protected]
                      Last edited by Vista; 08-29-2014, 09:37 AM.
                      Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                        Vista,

You are in no position to judge those with a Medical Doctor, Psychologist, Psychiatrist (MD), or SW.
                        Publicly posting that they are a scammer puts you in the crosshairs for a law suit.

Just because you didn't get the results you wanted, does not mean someone is a "scammer."

Poor choice of words on my part- thats merely an opinion based off other who have used him with dubious results. Just check yelp.

I did not use him based off of my research and perceptions of him. He could not give straight answers, seemed unsure of him self and seemed as if he was not thorough.
                        He did not seem well spoken and since these issues are often settled at civil service Commission hearings , strong oratory and speaking skills and being able to clearly and confidently answer questions is, in my opinion pretty important. (Perhaps this is why he prefers email over verbal communication).

Bottom line, no matter who anyone uses- if they choose too appeal, i always reccomend people call around and make their own decision based off of their own perception and, what ever they learn from here (although your against appealing, they have every right to take what you and others say in too consideration just as they may do what i say ).

Not every Psych Eval is right or wrong. Many, are a grey area. Psychology is an incomplete and ever evolving pseudo-science. If a candidate thinks their wronffully DQ'd, they should at least get too the point in which they can sit down and review their file and evaluate their decision. I know of friends in which the appeal psychologist told them that it would be a fruitless effort. At this point, even if a candidate chooses not to continue with the appeal- at least they will know what the issues were, and how to work on them so in subsequent evaluations these issues are seen as less of a problem.

You do not need a professional degree to form an opinion about a professional. Just as It is my right to critique the services of a waiter at a restaurant, it is my opinion to critique and share my opinion of any professional who I encounter.
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Vista......You may critique all you want but you should qualify your critique with the fact that your own appeal was not successful. And your espousing the services of Mr. Kronenberg when you address him by a nickname gives me pause about your relationship with him.
                          Last edited by Dinosaur32; 08-30-2014, 10:39 AM. Reason: Apparently the last part of the sentence did not post originally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                            Vista......You may critique all you want but you should qualify your critique with the fact that your own appeal was not successful. And your espousing the services of Mr. Kronenberg when you address him by a nickname.
                            My psych appeal, was actually succesful.

and..... As in the case of my character appeal, not all are winnable. My driving record was a bit too egregious.

i appologize for not thinking about how i refer too people, as im pretty busy and typing quickly.
                            Last edited by Vista; 08-29-2014, 03:38 PM.
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• I dont think thats 100% true. I know someone that got it overturned and she has another interview for sept.
                              Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
                              Erick, save your time and money. This Forum is 2.5 years old and no one was hired by the NYPD.

Spend the $25-$100 for the exam fees and take more Civil Service exams if you want to change your career.

Save the $3-$8000 in Lawyer fees for appealing.. You can get hired by other LE Depts with a NYPD DQ. I see it all over Officer.com

But what I don't see, are NYPD Psych DQ's getting the appeal overturned and hired.

Maybe a few years ago because the lists were thin with the low starting pay, but the lists have over 20,000 people waiting to get on (with clean backgrounds)...

Save your Money.
                              [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
                              Exam#: 2326 02/2012
                              List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
                              Medical: 3.2014
                              Written Psych: 4.2014
                              JST: 5.2014
                              Oral Psych: 5.2014
                              Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
                              Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
                              -Appealed -
                              2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
                              Mini Medical: 5.2015
                              Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
                              GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

• umair2024

Turn on your pm
                                Last edited by nypdaux2589; 08-31-2014, 09:29 PM.
                                [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
                                Exam#: 2326 02/2012
                                List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
                                Medical: 3.2014
                                Written Psych: 4.2014
                                JST: 5.2014
                                Oral Psych: 5.2014
                                Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
                                Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
                                -Appealed -
                                2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
                                Mini Medical: 5.2015
                                Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
                                GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9772 users online. 470 members and 9302 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X