Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista,

You are in no position to judge those with a Medical Doctor, Psychologist, Psychiatrist (MD), or SW.
    Publicly posting that they are a scammer puts you in the crosshairs for a law suit.

Just because you didn't get the results you wanted, does not mean someone is a "scammer."
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by umair2024 View Post
      hey vista, i have to gain some information from you about proposed DQ. Im in the same situation as nypdaux2589. If you have any information about psychologist please do let me know because i have only few days left for the dead line.

Thanks
      Out of town right now. Do your self a facor call rob at 631-234-4434 and he will explain it best and make your decision from there or email me at [email protected]
      Last edited by Vista; 08-29-2014, 09:37 AM.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Vista,

You are in no position to judge those with a Medical Doctor, Psychologist, Psychiatrist (MD), or SW.
        Publicly posting that they are a scammer puts you in the crosshairs for a law suit.

Just because you didn't get the results you wanted, does not mean someone is a "scammer."

Poor choice of words on my part- thats merely an opinion based off other who have used him with dubious results. Just check yelp.

I did not use him based off of my research and perceptions of him. He could not give straight answers, seemed unsure of him self and seemed as if he was not thorough.
        He did not seem well spoken and since these issues are often settled at civil service Commission hearings , strong oratory and speaking skills and being able to clearly and confidently answer questions is, in my opinion pretty important. (Perhaps this is why he prefers email over verbal communication).

Bottom line, no matter who anyone uses- if they choose too appeal, i always reccomend people call around and make their own decision based off of their own perception and, what ever they learn from here (although your against appealing, they have every right to take what you and others say in too consideration just as they may do what i say ).

Not every Psych Eval is right or wrong. Many, are a grey area. Psychology is an incomplete and ever evolving pseudo-science. If a candidate thinks their wronffully DQ'd, they should at least get too the point in which they can sit down and review their file and evaluate their decision. I know of friends in which the appeal psychologist told them that it would be a fruitless effort. At this point, even if a candidate chooses not to continue with the appeal- at least they will know what the issues were, and how to work on them so in subsequent evaluations these issues are seen as less of a problem.

You do not need a professional degree to form an opinion about a professional. Just as It is my right to critique the services of a waiter at a restaurant, it is my opinion to critique and share my opinion of any professional who I encounter.
        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.

Comment

• Vista......You may critique all you want but you should qualify your critique with the fact that your own appeal was not successful. And your espousing the services of Mr. Kronenberg when you address him by a nickname gives me pause about your relationship with him.
          Last edited by Dinosaur32; 08-30-2014, 10:39 AM. Reason: Apparently the last part of the sentence did not post originally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
            Vista......You may critique all you want but you should qualify your critique with the fact that your own appeal was not successful. And your espousing the services of Mr. Kronenberg when you address him by a nickname.
            My psych appeal, was actually succesful.

and..... As in the case of my character appeal, not all are winnable. My driving record was a bit too egregious.

i appologize for not thinking about how i refer too people, as im pretty busy and typing quickly.
            Last edited by Vista; 08-29-2014, 03:38 PM.
            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• HEY its ON

Comment

• NYPD AUX 2589 ->

Interesting, how long did her appeal take?

Comment

• Hey guys, what type of questions exactly do they ask in the written and oral psyc exam?
                  Also, any tips from those who did well on those proportions?
                  Exam: 3313 list: 2xx

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589
                    I dont think thats 100% true. I know someone that got it overturned and she has another interview for sept.
                    Another interview with her Investigator, or Psych Services?
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by shady9206 View Post
                      Hey guys, what type of questions exactly do they ask in the written and oral psyc exam?
                      Also, any tips from those who did well on those proportions?
                      Basically anything involving your school,work,social life, relationships, is fair game for them.

For instance, on my second interview they asked me "Do your parents have health insuranfe?" (That was requested to be asked by a supervisor, the NYPD Psych who was interviewing me even looked shocked about it).
                      Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting 37 View Post
                        NYPD AUX 2589 ->

Interesting, how long did her appeal take?
                        Im gonna reply here to a few things- so not all is directed at you.

It's not really true that all appeals are useless- especially psychological appeals. Civil Service Commission frequently overturns them- i was not told this by any attorney or psychologist. I was told this, by an NYPD Chief (Chief Anderson of the training bureau ) who i know through friends at the NY Law enforcement foundation.

I was one of the handful that got knocked out on the character, after the psych. (The chief had retired before my psych appeal was finished and background inv. resumed)

Many guys who dont post on here have appealed and got on. Theirs so many cases of appeals (many of them psych appeals) from NYPD, FDNY, Etc- that civil service has a 6-8 month backlog (not all cases go too CSC ) So, only a fraction post on here.

It took me ten months from the day i filed until the nypd rescinded the DQ for the psych (at the four month, NYPD called me in for a second psych eval). On average its about a year after all is said and done. I believe its quicker now.

You damn well could be hired by another agency after a nypd psych dq (nysp basically disregarded a friends nypd psych eval) but this often does cause problems. A prior dq can only hurt you and having a document addressing the dq can only help. A friend was recently DQ by nassau primarily based off his uncontested NYPD DQ from a few years ago (this time he is appealing Nassau's determination ). So, be careful. The DQ will always stay with you. Psych DQ's are

Anyone on here who says to withdraw, give up, move on- you have to consider the source. You dont know who they are and anyone can make a name on here (im not saying they aren't who they are- but look at Dice711, he was never a detective and sold a good line of crap- had multiple usernames and aliases and quickly disappeared when IAB looked into him). Ive merely shared my experiences and recommended people get ( free) opinions from (verified, licensed professional) experts.You guys have nothing to lose by doing this. Which is more logical?

In any case, whatever you chose is ultimately your choice- and i wish you luck on this all future endeavors.
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                          Im gonna reply here to a few things- so not all is directed at you.

It's not really true that all appeals are useless- especially psychological appeals. Civil Service Commission frequently overturns them- i was not told this by any attorney or psychologist. I was told this, by an NYPD Chief (Chief Anderson of the training bureau ) who i know through friends at the NY Law enforcement foundation.

I was one of the handful that got knocked out on the character, after the psych. (The chief had retired before my psych appeal was finished and background inv. resumed)

Many guys who dont post on here have appealed and got on. Theirs so many cases of appeals (many of them psych appeals) from NYPD, FDNY, Etc- that civil service has a 6-8 month backlog (not all cases go too CSC ) So, only a fraction post on here.

It took me ten months from the day i filed until the nypd rescinded the DQ for the psych (at the four month, NYPD called me in for a second psych eval). On average its about a year after all is said and done. I believe its quicker now.

You damn well could be hired by another agency after a nypd psych dq (nysp basically disregarded a friends nypd psych eval) but this often does cause problems. A prior dq can only hurt you and having a document addressing the dq can only help. A friend was recently DQ by nassau primarily based off his uncontested NYPD DQ from a few years ago (this time he is appealing Nassau's determination ). So, be careful. The DQ will always stay with you. Psych DQ's are

Anyone on here who says to withdraw, give up, move on- you have to consider the source. You dont know who they are and anyone can make a name on here (im not saying they aren't who they are- but look at Dice711, he was never a detective and sold a good line of crap- had multiple usernames and aliases and quickly disappeared when IAB looked into him). Ive merely shared my experiences and recommended people get ( free) opinions from (verified, licensed professional) experts.You guys have nothing to lose by doing this. Which is more logical?

In any case, whatever you chose is ultimately your choice- and i wish you luck on this all future endeavors.
                          Again, as i have posted previously on this forum; Disqualifications on Character or psych issues does not necessarily mean its the end of line for LE employment. Most of your smaller to mid-sized police/sheriff departments evaluate a potential employee on a case-to-case basis looking at his/her background record as a whole. I have heard of terminated LE personnel and prior mental illness patients (one was a former county jail inmate on constant supervision facing a misdemeanor charge) getting LE jobs up this way. Police Agencies, especially NYSP, NYPD,Suffolk, Nassau, and Rockland Counties offer top dollar to their potential employees and thus can be quite selective given the large number of candidates versus available vacancies.

And as I have stated to you previously, Vista. NYPD background investigation files are SEALED and confidential. They will not release any information or data gathered to another department investigating your background. Most LE agencies look for candidates with a stable employment history coupled with a clean arrest/conviction criminal history.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                            Again, as i have posted previously on this forum; Disqualifications on Character or psych issues does not necessarily mean its the end of line for LE employment. Most of your smaller to mid-sized police/sheriff departments evaluate a potential employee on a case-to-case basis looking at his/her background record as a whole. I have heard of terminated LE personnel and prior mental illness patients (one was a former county jail inmate on constant supervision facing a misdemeanor charge) getting LE jobs up this way. Police Agencies, especially NYSP, NYPD,Suffolk, Nassau, and Rockland Counties offer top dollar to their potential employees and thus can be quite selective given the large number of candidates versus available vacancies.

And as I have stated to you previously, Vista. NYPD background investigation files are SEALED and confidential. They will not release any information or data gathered to another department investigating your background. Most LE agencies look for candidates with a stable employment history coupled with a clean arrest/conviction criminal history.
                            You said that- but Port Authority Police told me thenonly time they have a hard time getting someones file is if their " on the job".

I do know they will send psychological records as its a covered under the public health law.
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              You said that- but Port Authority Police told me thenonly time they have a hard time getting someones file is if their " on the job".

I do know they will send psychological records as its a covered under the public health law.

Port Authority of NY/NY PD --another very selective police agency with stringent background requirements. Another example of when supply (of candidates) exceeds demand (vacancies) several times over.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Port Authority of NY/NY PD --another very selective police agency with stringent background requirements. Another example of when supply (of candidates) exceeds demand (vacancies) several times over.
                                If you dont mind if I but in here real quick. I see LINY was dq by the NYPD but got the go ahead from PAPD. Must not be as stringent as you make it seem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2989 users online. 213 members and 2776 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X