Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisgift1 View Post
    How long does it takes to get off review? I already mailed my paperwork and was told that they are currently reviewing my folder. Thanks in advance.
    There is no set timetable for how long you will be on review. Some people are removed within 2 weeks, some take years. It's a case by case, individual basis. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
      CCO/Dino can you guys stop polluting this thread with your futile conversation, and argument. It's not fair to the individuals actually trying to utilize it.
      You should use this same tactic when the senior guys give you their opinions of whatever job you get on...
      “He who can have patience can have what he will.”
      ― Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
        if you guys get XXXXXX run for the hills she dqs a ton of people

Background investigators gather data for evaluation. They don't disqualify applicants. NYPD Character disqualifications are done at the higher supervisory level consistent with departmental hiring guidelines.
        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 07-30-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisgift1 View Post
          How long does it takes to get off review? I already mailed my paperwork and was told that they are currently reviewing my folder. Thanks in advance.
          Generally, anywhere up too and sometimes beyond six months depending on what issues they have. It can go beyond six months. They work in exam / list order, so it would depend on the backlog. You may eventually be marked Q, recalled for an additional Interview, or recieve a Notice of Proposed Disqualification.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Background investigators gather data for evaluation. They don't disqualify applicants. NYPD Character disqualifications are done at the higher supervisory level consistent with departmental hiring guidelines.
            Just want clarify this a bit- its definitely an accurate statement but makes the Individual Investigator seem insignificant.

The individual Investigator does the grunt work- and, is instrumental in determining the fate of the candidate. While they do not make the final determination, it is their report and recommendation that determines the initial direction "the ball rolls". As the case goes up the chain of command, each supervisor can overrule his subordinates determination (merely a recommendation). The ultimate and final determination is made by the commisioner of personnel, Arnold Wechsler.

So it behooves a candidate to make a good genuine impression on their investigator. Be well dressed, respectful, get them any paperwork they need and come prepared. If you "rub" your investigator wrong or aggravate them, they can make your life hell.

Theirs some great tips on www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com that can be applied to all face to face interviews a candidate may undergo- not only psychological interviews.

(Their is a similar rank structure within the Psych. Services department in which files go through before being reviewed by an outside consultant (usually Robert Arko- who always agrees with NYPDs decision) and then is finalized by the Psych services director. The only main difference is, Psych. Services sometimes calls a candidate in too actually personally see a second psychologist- (usually a Senior / Supervising Psychologist).

Just want to add one more thing. Their Is a lot of Animus between Civil Service Commission and NYPD Psych. Service department. This is why as of January 1st 2014 NYPD has actually changed the DQ / Appeal Process.

Quoted from the above website:

(January 2014—The New York City Police Department (“NYPD”) has recently changed its process regarding the appeal of a psychological disqualification for the position of police officer. The initial notice forwarded to the candidate will state that the NYPD “is proposing to disqualify you from this position.” The change is the NYPD’s use of the word “proposing”. It is at that point that the candidate will be able to begin the appeal process. If the candidate fails to begin the process after receiving the notice of proposed disqualification, the disqualification will be deemed final and the candidate will not be able to obtain his/her psychological disqualification file from the NYPD. Thus, it is critical that the candidate begin the appeal process when he/she receives the notice of the proposed psychological disqualification.)
            Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.

Comment

• Still didn't work for you though...
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
                .......bump......bump.....
                turn on your pm
                [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
                Exam#: 2326 02/2012
                List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
                Medical: 3.2014
                Written Psych: 4.2014
                JST: 5.2014
                Oral Psych: 5.2014
                Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
                Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
                -Appealed -
                2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
                Mini Medical: 5.2015
                Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
                GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

• Has anyone made an appeal with Dr. Robert Daley??
                  [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
                  Exam#: 2326 02/2012
                  List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
                  Medical: 3.2014
                  Written Psych: 4.2014
                  JST: 5.2014
                  Oral Psych: 5.2014
                  Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
                  Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
                  -Appealed -
                  2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
                  Mini Medical: 5.2015
                  Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
                  GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                    Just want clarify this a bit- its definitely an accurate statement but makes the Individual Investigator seem insignificant.

The individual Investigator does the grunt work- and, is instrumental in determining the fate of the candidate. While they do not make the final determination, it is their report and recommendation that determines the initial direction "the ball rolls". As the case goes up the chain of command, each supervisor can overrule his subordinates determination (merely a recommendation). The ultimate and final determination is made by the commisioner of personnel, Arnold Wechsler.

So it behooves a candidate to make a good genuine impression on their investigator. Be well dressed, respectful, get them any paperwork they need and come prepared. If you "rub" your investigator wrong or aggravate them, they can make your life hell.

Theirs some great tips on www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com that can be applied to all face to face interviews a candidate may undergo- not only psychological interviews.

(Their is a similar rank structure within the Psych. Services department in which files go through before being reviewed by an outside consultant (usually Robert Arko- who always agrees with NYPDs decision) and then is finalized by the Psych services director. The only main difference is, Psych. Services sometimes calls a candidate in too actually personally see a second psychologist- (usually a Senior / Supervising Psychologist).

Just want to add one more thing. Their Is a lot of Animus between Civil Service Commission and NYPD Psych. Service department. This is why as of January 1st 2014 NYPD has actually changed the DQ / Appeal Process.

Quoted from the above website:

(January 2014—The New York City Police Department (“NYPD”) has recently changed its process regarding the appeal of a psychological disqualification for the position of police officer. The initial notice forwarded to the candidate will state that the NYPD “is proposing to disqualify you from this position.” The change is the NYPD’s use of the word “proposing”. It is at that point that the candidate will be able to begin the appeal process. If the candidate fails to begin the process after receiving the notice of proposed disqualification, the disqualification will be deemed final and the candidate will not be able to obtain his/her psychological disqualification file from the NYPD. Thus, it is critical that the candidate begin the appeal process when he/she receives the notice of the proposed psychological disqualification.)

Major emphasis on character background investigations is based on Criminal History (or lack of) and previous employers. The key wording is MAY disqualify with negative character issues. Prior job terminations (particularly for misconduct) are looked upon unfavorably by appointing authorities. Absolute bar to appointment is felony, domestic violence and petty larceny convictions.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589 View Post
                      Has anyone made an appeal with Dr. Robert Daley??
                      He apparently writes a decent report, but i did not like his candor and demeanor, and that he rushed to push for meeting and discussed his fee's but was unwilling and reluctant to answer any other questions without meeting hin.

I also didnt like the fact that he lives
                      In michigan, and flys in to meet with candidates a few days a month. Do not be fooled by him being the psych. Services director either. He was merely an Interim Director, for a week.
                      Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                        Still didn't work for you though...
                        Your right, sorta.

I won my psych appeal. Lost my character appeal. The Psych DQ is the one that carries the heavier lasting implications on future job applications.

I do not harbor any regret to spending the money to contest my psychological disqualification, because- i can now, more or less say that i was not psych dq as mine was rescinded. It goes well beyond the scope and reach of the NYPD job.

I do not consider it a waste of money. I would do it all over again.

With that said, others on here- while in disagreement with me on here, have remained mutually respectful and even offered good information- in general, as well in support of their opinions.

I hope that at least one of your other sixteen posts content are at least a little bit more informative as this one, and not just merely a immature, nebulous, childish "jab".

Throughout my interactions with anyone on these forums, i have always attempted to provide people with as much information and insight as possible- that i have obtained through both research, and personal experiences. Furthermore, i have always remained respectful.

I come on here in my spare time, voluntarily with no sort of retribution. I come on here, because in the juvenile stages of my endeavor, i did not know what to expect and could not locate any substantial source of information and the fact that i may be able to provide some information and help to other candidates, from a candidates standpoint who has "been there" receiving that generic, vague form letter (notice of dq) is enough for me.

And, while working full time, caring for a severely disabled family member and having a social life- coming on here is certainly not one of my top priorities.

I have already wasted a bit too much of my own time, responding too this utter nonsense.
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                          Your right, sorta.

I won my psych appeal. Lost my character appeal. The Psych DQ is the one that carries the heavier lasting implications on future job applications.

I do not harbor any regret to spending the money to contest my psychological disqualification, because- i can now, more or less say that i was not psych dq as mine was rescinded. It goes well beyond the scope and reach of the NYPD job.

I do not consider it a waste of money. I would do it all over again.

With that said, others on here- while in disagreement with me on here, have remained mutually respectful and even offered good information- in general, as well in support of their opinions.

I hope that at least one of your other sixteen posts content are at least a little bit more informative as this one, and not just merely a immature, nebulous, childish "jab".

Throughout my interactions with anyone on these forums, i have always attempted to provide people with as much information and insight as possible- that i have obtained through both research, and personal experiences. Furthermore, i have always remained respectful.

I come on here in my spare time, voluntarily with no sort of retribution. I come on here, because in the juvenile stages of my endeavor, i did not know what to expect and could not locate any substantial source of information and the fact that i may be able to provide some information and help to other candidates, from a candidates standpoint who has "been there" receiving that generic, vague form letter (notice of dq) is enough for me.

And, while working full time, caring for a severely disabled family member and having a social life- coming on here is certainly not one of my top priorities.

I have already wasted a bit too much of my own time, responding too this utter nonsense.
                          When you finally get to the point of "OJT" with an agency-- you will learn how to deal with the abnormal mentality of different or difficult co-workers. You owe them or any of these posters on these internet forums no explanations of your thoughts or actions.
                          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 08-02-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• I have many posts, as district B 13. I also have been a cop for 30 years and know when someone is trying to BS the system. IF, you ever get OTJ, and after 30 years on, you can comment on my post. You are a shill for the advertised services in your sig line. Nothing else.
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              I have many posts, as district B 13. I also have been a cop for 30 years and know when someone is trying to BS the system. IF, you ever get OTJ, and after 30 years on, you can comment on my post. You are a shill for the advertised services in your sig line. Nothing else.
                              A quick search of your other name, shows you do actually have many other posts and many users do not actually like you.

It also shows, that you aren't actually, nor ever have been a police officer (A fact that you, under your other name have expressly stated) are merely "ME1 in the CGR" (coast guard reserve) which if after thirty years, your only E-6 perhaps thats where your frustration is rooted. Face it, you are no more of a "cop" than i am.

You are also known to others as a troll- hence, its likely the reason you made another username. How many more online personas do you have?

If you have the time to make multiple user names, at your age (with 30 years on "the job" you have to be at least 48) to troll internet forums then you must have deeply entrenched psychological issues. Do you want a referral to a psychologist?
                              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                                When you finally get to the point of "OJT" with an agency-- you will learn how to deal with the abnormal mentality of different or difficult co-workers. You owe them or any of these posters on these internet forums no explanations of your thoughts or actions.
                                Hes just a troll, nothing more. Search his user name. In pretty good at dealing with others with different mentalities or opinions. Everyone is entitled to it, and while i may view someone elses opinion as wrong, abnormal, etcA i realize that they may feel the same about mine. If it took me a career in law enforcement to learn this, id have to reevaluate many things.
                                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7555 users online. 409 members and 7146 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X