Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Still didn't work for you though...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Vista View Post
      Just want clarify this a bit- its definitely an accurate statement but makes the Individual Investigator seem insignificant.


      The individual Investigator does the grunt work- and, is instrumental in determining the fate of the candidate. While they do not make the final determination, it is their report and recommendation that determines the initial direction "the ball rolls". As the case goes up the chain of command, each supervisor can overrule his subordinates determination (merely a recommendation). The ultimate and final determination is made by the commisioner of personnel, Arnold Wechsler.


      So it behooves a candidate to make a good genuine impression on their investigator. Be well dressed, respectful, get them any paperwork they need and come prepared. If you "rub" your investigator wrong or aggravate them, they can make your life hell.


      Theirs some great tips on www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com that can be applied to all face to face interviews a candidate may undergo- not only psychological interviews.


      (Their is a similar rank structure within the Psych. Services department in which files go through before being reviewed by an outside consultant (usually Robert Arko- who always agrees with NYPDs decision) and then is finalized by the Psych services director. The only main difference is, Psych. Services sometimes calls a candidate in too actually personally see a second psychologist- (usually a Senior / Supervising Psychologist).


      Just want to add one more thing. Their Is a lot of Animus between Civil Service Commission and NYPD Psych. Service department. This is why as of January 1st 2014 NYPD has actually changed the DQ / Appeal Process.


      Quoted from the above website:


      (January 2014—The New York City Police Department (“NYPD”) has recently changed its process regarding the appeal of a psychological disqualification for the position of police officer. The initial notice forwarded to the candidate will state that the NYPD “is proposing to disqualify you from this position.” The change is the NYPD’s use of the word “proposing”. It is at that point that the candidate will be able to begin the appeal process. If the candidate fails to begin the process after receiving the notice of proposed disqualification, the disqualification will be deemed final and the candidate will not be able to obtain his/her psychological disqualification file from the NYPD. Thus, it is critical that the candidate begin the appeal process when he/she receives the notice of the proposed psychological disqualification.)

      Major emphasis on character background investigations is based on Criminal History (or lack of) and previous employers. The key wording is MAY disqualify with negative character issues. Prior job terminations (particularly for misconduct) are looked upon unfavorably by appointing authorities. Absolute bar to appointment is felony, domestic violence and petty larceny convictions.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nypdaux2589
        Has anyone made an appeal with Dr. Robert Daley??
        He apparently writes a decent report, but i did not like his candor and demeanor, and that he rushed to push for meeting and discussed his fee's but was unwilling and reluctant to answer any other questions without meeting hin.


        I also didnt like the fact that he lives
        In michigan, and flys in to meet with candidates a few days a month. Do not be fooled by him being the psych. Services director either. He was merely an Interim Director, for a week.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


        If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



        Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

        Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          Still didn't work for you though...
          Your right, sorta.


          I won my psych appeal. Lost my character appeal. The Psych DQ is the one that carries the heavier lasting implications on future job applications.


          I do not harbor any regret to spending the money to contest my psychological disqualification, because- i can now, more or less say that i was not psych dq as mine was rescinded. It goes well beyond the scope and reach of the NYPD job.


          I do not consider it a waste of money. I would do it all over again.


          With that said, others on here- while in disagreement with me on here, have remained mutually respectful and even offered good information- in general, as well in support of their opinions.


          I hope that at least one of your other sixteen posts content are at least a little bit more informative as this one, and not just merely a immature, nebulous, childish "jab".


          Throughout my interactions with anyone on these forums, i have always attempted to provide people with as much information and insight as possible- that i have obtained through both research, and personal experiences. Furthermore, i have always remained respectful.


          I come on here in my spare time, voluntarily with no sort of retribution. I come on here, because in the juvenile stages of my endeavor, i did not know what to expect and could not locate any substantial source of information and the fact that i may be able to provide some information and help to other candidates, from a candidates standpoint who has "been there" receiving that generic, vague form letter (notice of dq) is enough for me.


          And, while working full time, caring for a severely disabled family member and having a social life- coming on here is certainly not one of my top priorities.


          I have already wasted a bit too much of my own time, responding too this utter nonsense.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


          If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



          Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

          Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Vista View Post
            Your right, sorta.


            I won my psych appeal. Lost my character appeal. The Psych DQ is the one that carries the heavier lasting implications on future job applications.


            I do not harbor any regret to spending the money to contest my psychological disqualification, because- i can now, more or less say that i was not psych dq as mine was rescinded. It goes well beyond the scope and reach of the NYPD job.


            I do not consider it a waste of money. I would do it all over again.


            With that said, others on here- while in disagreement with me on here, have remained mutually respectful and even offered good information- in general, as well in support of their opinions.


            I hope that at least one of your other sixteen posts content are at least a little bit more informative as this one, and not just merely a immature, nebulous, childish "jab".


            Throughout my interactions with anyone on these forums, i have always attempted to provide people with as much information and insight as possible- that i have obtained through both research, and personal experiences. Furthermore, i have always remained respectful.


            I come on here in my spare time, voluntarily with no sort of retribution. I come on here, because in the juvenile stages of my endeavor, i did not know what to expect and could not locate any substantial source of information and the fact that i may be able to provide some information and help to other candidates, from a candidates standpoint who has "been there" receiving that generic, vague form letter (notice of dq) is enough for me.


            And, while working full time, caring for a severely disabled family member and having a social life- coming on here is certainly not one of my top priorities.


            I have already wasted a bit too much of my own time, responding too this utter nonsense.
            When you finally get to the point of "OJT" with an agency-- you will learn how to deal with the abnormal mentality of different or difficult co-workers. You owe them or any of these posters on these internet forums no explanations of your thoughts or actions.
            Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 08-02-2014, 08:37 PM.

            Comment


            • I have many posts, as district B 13. I also have been a cop for 30 years and know when someone is trying to BS the system. IF, you ever get OTJ, and after 30 years on, you can comment on my post. You are a shill for the advertised services in your sig line. Nothing else.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                I have many posts, as district B 13. I also have been a cop for 30 years and know when someone is trying to BS the system. IF, you ever get OTJ, and after 30 years on, you can comment on my post. You are a shill for the advertised services in your sig line. Nothing else.
                A quick search of your other name, shows you do actually have many other posts and many users do not actually like you.


                It also shows, that you aren't actually, nor ever have been a police officer (A fact that you, under your other name have expressly stated) are merely "ME1 in the CGR" (coast guard reserve) which if after thirty years, your only E-6 perhaps thats where your frustration is rooted. Face it, you are no more of a "cop" than i am.


                You are also known to others as a troll- hence, its likely the reason you made another username. How many more online personas do you have?


                If you have the time to make multiple user names, at your age (with 30 years on "the job" you have to be at least 48) to troll internet forums then you must have deeply entrenched psychological issues. Do you want a referral to a psychologist?
                Problems with a psych exam?
                Have an upcoming
                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.
                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                  When you finally get to the point of "OJT" with an agency-- you will learn how to deal with the abnormal mentality of different or difficult co-workers. You owe them or any of these posters on these internet forums no explanations of your thoughts or actions.
                  Hes just a troll, nothing more. Search his user name. In pretty good at dealing with others with different mentalities or opinions. Everyone is entitled to it, and while i may view someone elses opinion as wrong, abnormal, etcA i realize that they may feel the same about mine. If it took me a career in law enforcement to learn this, id have to reevaluate many things.
                  Problems with a psych exam?
                  Have an upcoming
                  PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                  If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.
                  WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                  Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                  Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                  http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                  Comment


                  • Vista, vista, vista. You ever think that maybe I didn't bother to fill out every little detail, just for you? Serving in the CG was secondary to my cop job. I really don't care what you think. It must make you feel bad that myself and others have addressed your shenanigans and caught you out. Your story keeps changing ever so slightly each time you " explain" it.

                    I have a new user name since I can't log in with my old one. Big deal. You really do have some issues, as was found during your background, hence the DQ and you not getting hired in LE. But don't be bitter. Many are called, but few are chosen. You weren't. You are just a window licker...

                    You can't BS the Badge.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      Vista, vista, vista. You ever think that maybe I didn't bother to fill out every little detail, just for you? Serving in the CG was secondary to my cop job. I really don't care what you think. It must make you feel bad that myself and others have addressed your shenanigans and caught you out. Your story keeps changing ever so slightly each time you " explain" it.

                      I have a new user name since I can't log in with my old one. Big deal. You really do have some issues, as was found during your background, hence the DQ and you not getting hired in LE. But don't be bitter. Many are called, but few are chosen. You weren't. You are just a window licker...

                      You can't BS the Badge.
                      Cool
                      Problems with a psych exam?
                      Have an upcoming
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                      If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.
                      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                      Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                      Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                      Comment


                      • First rational, educated, sensible comment you have ever made.

                        You can go now.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

                        Comment


                        • https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLF...&v=0NSr-fgA2wk
                          Problems with a psych exam?
                          Have an upcoming
                          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                          If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                          you make up your mind.
                          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                          Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                          Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                          Comment


                          • I have been on review and just received a call to meet with a lieutenant after a second, what's that about?
                            NYPD
                            EXAM:2302 8/2011
                            LIST#:9XX
                            APD-5:5/2013
                            Medical:1/2014
                            Written Psych:1/2014
                            Oral Psych: 1/2014
                            Meet BI: 1/2014:
                            JST: TBA
                            Mini-Med:TBA

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by lifeiswhatyoumakeit View Post
                              I have been on review and just received a call to meet with a lieutenant after a second, what's that about?
                              Probably not a good thing to tell you the truth.
                              NYPD Exam 2326
                              List - 14**

                              Initial Med- Finished
                              Written Psych- Finished
                              Oral Psych- Done, Review?
                              JST- ??
                              Mini Med- ??
                              Meet with BI- August

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mag.One View Post
                                Probably not a good thing to tell you the truth.
                                Good or bad, I have already made peace with whatever their decision will be.
                                NYPD
                                EXAM:2302 8/2011
                                LIST#:9XX
                                APD-5:5/2013
                                Medical:1/2014
                                Written Psych:1/2014
                                Oral Psych: 1/2014
                                Meet BI: 1/2014:
                                JST: TBA
                                Mini-Med:TBA

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4728 users online. 289 members and 4439 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X