Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
    True, The Osvaldo Hernandez matter is quite interesting. Originally charged with CPW and possession of stolen property at age 20. Plead guilty to felony CPW and sentenced to a "county year" [ that's upstate jargon for a serving a one year sentence in a county/city jail and getting out in 8 months with good behavior allowance]. Then enlisted in the U.S. Army active duty and served in Afganistan obtaining the rank of buck sgt. After his military service; applies for a pardon thru the Governor's office and this is granted expunging the felony conviction..

Subsequently,Hernandez takes the NYPD civil service exam; is processed as a candidate and consequently rejected even though many NYC politicos go to bat for him. NYPD's rejection is based on negative character issues:

Executive clemency (the pardon) was NOT based on innocence absolving criminal responsibility but rather subsequently good conduct service in the U.S. Army. Candidate did,in fact, plea guilty to Criminal Possession of a Weapon (loaded handgun).

From what I read of this case on the internet; Hernandez was offered employment by other police departments. Little is known of this case after 2010.
    Interesting, their is a Osvaldo Hernandez that was hired in late 2010, by the NYPD. Maybe he got lucky- and piped down after he got otj?
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
      Interesting, their is a Osvaldo Hernandez that was hired in late 2010, by the NYPD. Maybe he got lucky- and piped down after he got otj?
      Oswaldo Hernandez is a common name. I read some wheres he's working as a plumber. NYPD, under Ray Kelly, was quite adamant in not hiring him back in 2010.

Comment

• Had he been hired, that would have been all over the rant cite for the NYPD. Don't recollect that being posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
          I believe he was a CJ major and a security guard when he got popped. That, adds an entirely different dimension. To me, that kinda shows he knew he was wrong and was actually playing police man. (Or gun slinger lol)
          Gunslinger Galore!! We have enough of those old 1950's television western shows syndicated on Encore Western channel: Maverick, Have Gun-Will Travel,Wyatt Erp, Bat Masterson, Marshall Dillion and Gunsmoke....LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
            Had he been hired, that would have been all over the rant cite for the NYPD. Don't recollect that being posted.

Very true, LT.

Comment

• CCO/Dino can you guys stop polluting this thread with your futile conversation, and argument. It's not fair to the individuals actually trying to utilize it.

Comment

• They are just clearing up bad information posted by members.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Any poster is free to disregard anything I post. Of course, some would be at your peril.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                    Any poster is free to disregard anything I post. Of course, some would be at your peril.

I agree with you, LT. and I echo the same sentiments. Unfortunately, some of these police candidates don't appreciate your knowledge,training, words of wisdom, and experience as a retired state court officer and attorney-at-law.

Comment

• County....Thank you.......I have written a number of times that it is the obligation of seasoned officers on boards like O.com to post accurate information and wherever possible to correct inaccurate info. It does hopefuls no good to only get anecdotal responses that may not reflect the norm.

Comment

• It's because they don't want to hear the truth.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                          It's because they don't want to hear the truth.
                          As with anything else in life; people do become slighted with rejection--that's human nature. Some former police candidates come on these forums for comfort and/or solace. Others just "lick their wounds" and move on. Nothing in life is permanent,certain or guaranteed except death and taxes!

Comment

• .......bump......bump.....
                            Last edited by Merlin_ownz; 07-31-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• How long does it takes to get off review? I already mailed my paperwork and was told that they are currently reviewing my folder. Thanks in advance.
                              nyc doc 2304

Orientation-Completed
                              Medical-Completed
                              Psych written-Completed
                              BI-Completed
                              Psych oral-Completed
                              Agility-Completed
                              PE-Completed 2/2/15
                              Academy-3/5/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
                                if you guys get XXXXX run for the hills she dqs a ton of people
                                Please remove the name on this site. Don't post people's names.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10348 users online. 476 members and 9872 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X