Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCO/Dino can you guys stop polluting this thread with your futile conversation, and argument. It's not fair to the individuals actually trying to utilize it.

Comment

• They are just clearing up bad information posted by members.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Any poster is free to disregard anything I post. Of course, some would be at your peril.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          Any poster is free to disregard anything I post. Of course, some would be at your peril.

I agree with you, LT. and I echo the same sentiments. Unfortunately, some of these police candidates don't appreciate your knowledge,training, words of wisdom, and experience as a retired state court officer and attorney-at-law.

Comment

• County....Thank you.......I have written a number of times that it is the obligation of seasoned officers on boards like O.com to post accurate information and wherever possible to correct inaccurate info. It does hopefuls no good to only get anecdotal responses that may not reflect the norm.

Comment

• It's because they don't want to hear the truth.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                It's because they don't want to hear the truth.
                As with anything else in life; people do become slighted with rejection--that's human nature. Some former police candidates come on these forums for comfort and/or solace. Others just "lick their wounds" and move on. Nothing in life is permanent,certain or guaranteed except death and taxes!

Comment

• .......bump......bump.....
                  Last edited by Merlin_ownz; 07-31-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• How long does it takes to get off review? I already mailed my paperwork and was told that they are currently reviewing my folder. Thanks in advance.
                    nyc doc 2304

Orientation-Completed
                    Medical-Completed
                    Psych written-Completed
                    BI-Completed
                    Psych oral-Completed
                    Agility-Completed
                    PE-Completed 2/2/15
                    Academy-3/5/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
                      if you guys get XXXXX run for the hills she dqs a ton of people
                      Please remove the name on this site. Don't post people's names.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisgift1 View Post
                        How long does it takes to get off review? I already mailed my paperwork and was told that they are currently reviewing my folder. Thanks in advance.
                        There is no set timetable for how long you will be on review. Some people are removed within 2 weeks, some take years. It's a case by case, individual basis. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                          CCO/Dino can you guys stop polluting this thread with your futile conversation, and argument. It's not fair to the individuals actually trying to utilize it.
                          You should use this same tactic when the senior guys give you their opinions of whatever job you get on...
                          “He who can have patience can have what he will.”
                          ― Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
                            if you guys get XXXXXX run for the hills she dqs a ton of people

Background investigators gather data for evaluation. They don't disqualify applicants. NYPD Character disqualifications are done at the higher supervisory level consistent with departmental hiring guidelines.
                            Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 07-30-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisgift1 View Post
                              How long does it takes to get off review? I already mailed my paperwork and was told that they are currently reviewing my folder. Thanks in advance.
                              Generally, anywhere up too and sometimes beyond six months depending on what issues they have. It can go beyond six months. They work in exam / list order, so it would depend on the backlog. You may eventually be marked Q, recalled for an additional Interview, or recieve a Notice of Proposed Disqualification.
                              Problems with a psych exam?
                              Have an upcoming
                              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                              you make up your mind.
                              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Background investigators gather data for evaluation. They don't disqualify applicants. NYPD Character disqualifications are done at the higher supervisory level consistent with departmental hiring guidelines.
                                Just want clarify this a bit- its definitely an accurate statement but makes the Individual Investigator seem insignificant.

The individual Investigator does the grunt work- and, is instrumental in determining the fate of the candidate. While they do not make the final determination, it is their report and recommendation that determines the initial direction "the ball rolls". As the case goes up the chain of command, each supervisor can overrule his subordinates determination (merely a recommendation). The ultimate and final determination is made by the commisioner of personnel, Arnold Wechsler.

So it behooves a candidate to make a good genuine impression on their investigator. Be well dressed, respectful, get them any paperwork they need and come prepared. If you "rub" your investigator wrong or aggravate them, they can make your life hell.

Theirs some great tips on www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com that can be applied to all face to face interviews a candidate may undergo- not only psychological interviews.

(Their is a similar rank structure within the Psych. Services department in which files go through before being reviewed by an outside consultant (usually Robert Arko- who always agrees with NYPDs decision) and then is finalized by the Psych services director. The only main difference is, Psych. Services sometimes calls a candidate in too actually personally see a second psychologist- (usually a Senior / Supervising Psychologist).

Just want to add one more thing. Their Is a lot of Animus between Civil Service Commission and NYPD Psych. Service department. This is why as of January 1st 2014 NYPD has actually changed the DQ / Appeal Process.

Quoted from the above website:

(January 2014—The New York City Police Department (“NYPD”) has recently changed its process regarding the appeal of a psychological disqualification for the position of police officer. The initial notice forwarded to the candidate will state that the NYPD “is proposing to disqualify you from this position.” The change is the NYPD’s use of the word “proposing”. It is at that point that the candidate will be able to begin the appeal process. If the candidate fails to begin the process after receiving the notice of proposed disqualification, the disqualification will be deemed final and the candidate will not be able to obtain his/her psychological disqualification file from the NYPD. Thus, it is critical that the candidate begin the appeal process when he/she receives the notice of the proposed psychological disqualification.)
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4725 users online. 287 members and 4438 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X