Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MustangMike View Post
    ok this isnt a psych review or dq, this is a medical dq from a surgery i had years ago, they said i am dq'ed under civil service law "50(4)(a) and 50(6)", is there any rebuttal to this?
    Yea appeal.
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by therunningguy89 View Post
      Saw my psych about two months ago, he or she said that they needed a paper from my HS saying that I've never been to a school pysch, because I took a resource class in HS. I had the info Faxed to them and since then I've been on review, they will not return any of emails, calls, and messages. I have been on review since, is their anything I can do?
      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Investigator has nothing to do with psych review and cant tell you anything. Your not gonna get any more info by calling psych services, either. Psych review, takes roughly 6 months (theres a few internal steps). If your gonna be DQ you will be afforded the opportunity to appeal- which you should do, because a uncontested psych dq is like a black cloud over your head for future LE/Fire applications. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
      [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]If you find your self in this boat- or wanna ask me questions, PM me and ill try and answer them or steer you in the correct direction. [/COLOR]
      Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by vm0710 View Post
        Hey Vista i havent been on here since 2012 when i got disqualified. Ive been fighting the case. I was arrested in 2006 for dui which was dropped to just a violation, a non criminal record. My psych doc dqd me cause she said i had a dwi. Now im at that stage where the civil service commission ordered the nypd to show proof the dwi i dont have. Do u think i have a chance???
        Thats a good sign
        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Having browser problems. My posts are AFU
          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Seems to me like this thread is full of people who were DQ'ed for a legitimate purpose, and are just upset about it.

The job isn't for everyone. Everybody makes mistakes, but not everyone deserves to be a cop.

DWI's, poor work history, etc, etc. You guys/gals may have a screw loose, because it shouldn't be a surprise you were DQ'ed!!!!

Take it in stride, go ahead and appeal. But do yourselves a favor, and come to terms with the fact that this job isn't for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by wnt2bacop View Post
              Seems to me like this thread is full of people who were DQ'ed for a legitimate purpose, and are just upset about it.

The job isn't for everyone. Everybody makes mistakes, but not everyone deserves to be a cop.

DWI's, poor work history, etc, etc. You guys/gals may have a screw loose, because it shouldn't be a surprise you were DQ'ed!!!!

Take it in stride, go ahead and appeal. But do yourselves a favor, and come to terms with the fact that this job isn't for you.
              As Vista mentioned, the NYPD has extremely strict psychological standards. Almost everyone I know who went through the process for NYPD ended up discontinued or disqualified. One guy I know got written up in college for alcohol in his room that wasn't his, and was DQ'd solely on that. The few people I know who did pass in my opinion are the ones who have no business in law enforcement, lol. I ended up discontinued myself after realizing I wasn't going to meet their standards and didn't bother continuing with the process, but I ended up passing other psychological's afterwards for 2 different departments and was hired by one.

For everyone else wondering about the psych, the best advice anyone can give you about the psych is that it's a job interview. It's not a place to talk about your problems and you have to sell yourself as you would with any job interview.
              Last edited by LINY; 07-19-2014, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wnt2bacop View Post
                Seems to me like this thread is full of people who were DQ'ed for a legitimate purpose, and are just upset about it.

Being DQed for physiological or character background issues by NYPD does not necessary mean the candidate would be an unacceptable police officer. There are applicants who have been disqualified and/or terminated by NYPD who went on to other police agencies. Hiring standards vary from agency to agency and the only absolute bar to appointment is conviction of a felony. The rest of the hiring process is deemed discretionary by the appointing officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by vm0710 View Post
                  Hey Vista i havent been on here since 2012 when i got disqualified. Ive been fighting the case. I was arrested in 2006 for dui which was dropped to just a violation, a non criminal record. My psych doc dqd me cause she said i had a dwi. Now im at that stage where the civil service commission ordered the nypd to show proof the dwi i dont have. Do u think i have a chance???
                  Many police agencies will NOT hire an applicant with a DWI arrest. It doesn't matter that you plea bargained the DWI down to DWAI [driving while ability is impaired] (traffic infraction). All NYPD has to show the civil service commission is that you were originally arrested for DWI and to resolve that misdemeanor charge you plead guilty to a lesser charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. Hopefully, the rest of your character background is pristine.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                    Many police agencies will NOT hire an applicant with a DWI arrest. It doesn't matter that you plea bargained the DWI down to DWAI [driving while ability is impaired] (traffic infraction). All NYPD has to show the civil service commission is that you were originally arrested for DWI and to resolve that misdemeanor charge you plead guilty to a lesser charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. Hopefully, the rest of your character background is pristine.
                    The fact that CSC is questioning NYPDs legal brief is a good thing. As far As the character portion goes, as lonf as a alcohol offense isnover 5,years old- that BY ITSELF is not enough for. A DQ accordinf to their driver requirement worksheet that your investigator fill fill out
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Post deleted
                      Last edited by Vista; 07-26-2014, 06:32 AM.
                      Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• By the way, some NYPD Psychologists arent even doctors. some of them are people who have a masters in psychology who work under a locensed psychologist. So, their not even all really qualified.
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                          The fact that CSC is questioning NYPDs legal brief is a good thing. As far As the character portion goes, as lonf as a alcohol offense isnover 5,years old- that BY ITSELF is not enough for. A DQ according to their driver requirement worksheet that your investigator fill fill out
                          Depends on what you call an "alcohol offense". Driving while intoxicated does indicate a serious lack of judgement. Again, police agencies do have broad discreation in making appointments. Most of your larger metropolitan police departments have strict hiring and retention guidelines.

From what I read from your previous posting; the NYC CSC upheld NYPD's determination of you being DQed on character issues--i.e your driving history. You might want to look at other police agencies out-of state. A stable employment history will go a long way in proving to appointing officers you're responsible and that the DWI arrest was an "isolated incident" never again to be repeated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                            By the way, some NYPD Psychologists arent even doctors. some of them are people who have a masters in psychology who work under a locensed psychologist. So, their not even all really qualified.

There is no requirement in New York State that Psychologists have to be licensed physicians. On the other hand, psychiatrists are licensed physicians and can prescribe psych meds.

Comment

• Vista.......You do not know what the former employers wrote to your BI......you do not know what the records submitted by the schools show. You put a nice spin on your application, but the truth is you weren't DQ'd only for a poor driving record. You were DQ'd for character faults that were not acceptable to the NYPD. You are giving out information that might lead others to start a process that usually is not winnable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                                Vista.......You do not know what the former employers wrote to your BI......you do not know what the records submitted by the schools show. You put a nice spin on your application, but the truth is you weren't DQ'd only for a poor driving record. You were DQ'd for character faults that were not acceptable to the NYPD. You are giving out information that might lead others to start a process that usually is not winnable.

Good advice, Lt.!!! I don't know why former NYPD police candidates come on these forums to complain about being disqualified from getting hired. It will neither change anything in their favor nor will it cause them to get NYPD to reconsider them. The only option is either move on or move out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11301 users online. 457 members and 10844 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X