Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The doctor will tell you that he will do his own evaluation, and he will determine weather your suitable or not. That's a lie it's the same department, he will compare your two folders. So most likely it will be a dq.
    Last edited by nyc20133; 06-18-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc20133 View Post
      The doctor will tell you that he will do his own evaluation, and he will determine weather your suitable or not. That's a lie it's the same department, he will compare your two folders. So most likely it will be a dq.
      well that stinks. but Thanks for the honesty.
      NYPD
      Exam: 2326
      List:1XXX
      APD-5: finalized 1/14
      Medical: 3/14
      Written psych: 3/14
      Bi : 4/14
      Job Standard Test:6/14
      Mini Medical:6/14
      Oral psych: 6/14

School Safety Agent
      Exam: 2306
      List: 2xx

APD-5:finalized

Medical: 3/14
      Written psych:3/14
      Oral:4/14
      Bi:
      JST:

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc20133 View Post
        The doctor will tell you that he will do his own evaluation, and he will determine weather your suitable or not. That's a lie it's the same department, he will compare your two folders. So most likely it will be a dq.

Its why the best and only chance is an appeal. Most people dont understand that it can and often will haunt you even for other agencies who also will see the Dq file regardless of what the NYPD and other agencies tell you. If you win an appeal, great your free. If you lose- when the other agencies request your file, they will also get your appeal psychologists report to review in concert with your DQ and their evaluation so its still a good thing to have that second opinion in there.

Once your branded psych DQ, its like an ominous black cloud on all future LEO and FIre dept applications.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• If someone took exam 3100 and got psych DQ'd for whatever reason. But has a back up exam 3101 for example. Is the 3101 hiring process psych eval effected by the one he got DQ'd from? Like will they see he took the test before and got DQ'd? and if so i assume they'd just DQ him off the strength of the first test
          Last edited by MosNY; 06-25-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MosNY View Post
            If someone took exam 3100 and got psych DQ'd for whatever reason. But has a back up exam 3101 for example. Is the 3101 hiring process psych eval effected by the one he got DQ'd from? Like will they see he took the test before and got DQ'd? and if so i assume they'd just DQ him off the strength of the first test

It would affect him negatively. I believe for one, thats theres a 1 year (maybe 3?) hiring moratorium after a DQ. Then, in the future they would most certainly see the prior DQ and it would be heavily weighed against the candidate. A Psych DQ that is let stand and uncontested is like an ominous black cloud that follows the candidate forever.

Were you / they recently DQ?
            Last edited by Vista; 06-26-2014, 10:19 AM.
            Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.

Comment

• Just want to post this- this specifically pertains too the psychological exam. Now- im not saying their always wrong, but using history as a precursor their certainly not always right- cannibal cops, one probationary shoots his gf.... Stuff you cnt mAke ul

NYPD Psychological Services has a unfair and caustic habit of falsely disqualifying candidates based, partly on a checklist created by supervisors. Basically, if you have a specific factor on your file- they automatically will DQ you (for instance if theirs any mention of PTSD in your military records) (i dont have the per se checklist) . They do this automatically based on internally created protocol. They may, and often do DQ people- wrongfully with out completely taking the facts and circumstances surrounding their "concern" into consideration. They then use your other statements and history in an insidous matter, turn your words against you to try and substantiate a DQ. This is the worst type of DQ their is because the stigma of a psychological disqualification can, and have a lasting impact on future police and fire applications in any jurisdiction. Automatic DQ, no- but damn close n

Now, as far as a DQ goes- if it goes towards that route, the new practice is for them to send you a Notice of Proposed DQ. It will basically explain your right to have your psychological file sent to your own psychologist, and attorney- and for them to submit their own independant analysis of your file and your and psychological fitness for candidacy back to NYPD. You have 30 days to initiate this process- you snooze you lose. Once thats submitted, the NYPD will take it into account, and does at times agree with your appeal and marks you qualified (as they did with me). If they do not, the case is forwarded to the civil service commision who very often over-rules the NYPD's decision.

As far as what my experiences were- in the end, i was DQ on my backround. I never had a psychological issue- my issues were backround issues from day one. Even know i lost my backround appeal, i won my psych appeal and in turn cleared my name of the term "psychologically disqualified".

my reccomendation of who to use (and im doing this because im happy with their service- attorneys cant compensTe for referrala!!) Rob Kronenberg and Dr Mark Lerner were very good too me. They spent alot of time with me handling all this nonsense. (Also the fact that the Kronenberg was once a DQ'd candidate who ended up retiring from nypd as a captain- he was once in the same situation).

Before i spoke with them, i spoke with other appeal guys- Gerald Levine, Kevin Sheeein- both of these attornies were disinterested and just wanted too talk. Also spoke to Dr. Daley- who just wanted to push for a meeting (he touts that he wAs the psych services director- but he was only interim director for a week) and i didnt feel comfortable after i learned he doesnt even live in NY (michigan i believe). Dr Arcaya is another one- hard to understand and talk too, he told me not to call he does eveeything through email (he Also has some unethical business practices). Sure- maybe they were cheaper, but a very wise (older) friend once told me "the bitterness of poor service long outlasts the sweetness of a cheap price".

I encourage you guys to explore your options and strongly consider appealing any DQ. Call around, and talk to these guys and feel them out. Talk to them before the 30 days is up, so you can make a well informed decision. Not acting or giving up without knowing your options and standing is stupid especially when these guys dont charge for the consult. kronenbergs number is 631-234-4433 and Dr Lerners is 631-673-3513. They can only help After you recieved the Notice of proposed dq (or before you take the psych). If you want, tell them you got their number on here. I like them to know how much i appreciate how far they got me.

Good luck and feel free to messAge me with any questions!
              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                Just want to post this- this specifically pertains too the psychological exam. Now- im not saying their always wrong, but using history as a precursor their certainly not always right- cannibal cops, one probationary shoots his gf.... Stuff you cnt mAke ul

NYPD Psychological Services has a unfair and caustic habit of falsely disqualifying candidates based, partly on a checklist created by supervisors. Basically, if you have a specific factor on your file- they automatically will DQ you (for instance if theirs any mention of PTSD in your military records) (i dont have the per se checklist) . They do this automatically based on internally created protocol. They may, and often do DQ people- wrongfully with out completely taking the facts and circumstances surrounding their "concern" into consideration. They then use your other statements and history in an insidous matter, turn your words against you to try and substantiate a DQ. This is the worst type of DQ their is because the stigma of a psychological disqualification can, and have a lasting impact on future police and fire applications in any jurisdiction. Automatic DQ, no- but damn close n

Now, as far as a DQ goes- if it goes towards that route, the new practice is for them to send you a Notice of Proposed DQ. It will basically explain your right to have your psychological file sent to your own psychologist, and attorney- and for them to submit their own independant analysis of your file and your and psychological fitness for candidacy back to NYPD. You have 30 days to initiate this process- you snooze you lose. Once thats submitted, the NYPD will take it into account, and does at times agree with your appeal and marks you qualified (as they did with me). If they do not, the case is forwarded to the civil service commision who very often over-rules the NYPD's decision.

As far as what my experiences were- in the end, i was DQ on my backround. I never had a psychological issue- my issues were backround issues from day one. Even know i lost my backround appeal, i won my psych appeal and in turn cleared my name of the term "psychologically disqualified".

my reccomendation of who to use (and im doing this because im happy with their service- attorneys cant compensTe for referrala!!) Rob Kronenberg and Dr Mark Lerner were very good too me. They spent alot of time with me handling all this nonsense. (Also the fact that the Kronenberg was once a DQ'd candidate who ended up retiring from nypd as a captain- he was once in the same situation).

Before i spoke with them, i spoke with other appeal guys- Gerald Levine, Kevin Sheeein- both of these attornies were disinterested and just wanted too talk. Also spoke to Dr. Daley- who just wanted to push for a meeting (he touts that he wAs the psych services director- but he was only interim director for a week) and i didnt feel comfortable after i learned he doesnt even live in NY (michigan i believe). Dr Arcaya is another one- hard to understand and talk too, he told me not to call he does eveeything through email (he Also has some unethical business practices). Sure- maybe they were cheaper, but a very wise (older) friend once told me "the bitterness of poor service long outlasts the sweetness of a cheap price".

I encourage you guys to explore your options and strongly consider appealing any DQ. Call around, and talk to these guys and feel them out. Talk to them before the 30 days is up, so you can make a well informed decision. Not acting or giving up without knowing your options and standing is stupid especially when these guys dont charge for the consult. kronenbergs number is 631-234-4433 and Dr Lerners is 631-673-3513. They can only help After you recieved the Notice of proposed dq (or before you take the psych). If you want, tell them you got their number on here. I like them to know how much i appreciate how far they got me.

Good luck and feel free to messAge me with any questions!
                Vista I remember when you was posting back when Dice was on here before he got banned for whatever reason lol. If its not a problem why were you dqed? I understand you was dqed for the psych but was it anything specific? I remember someone on here was saying that they felt they answered every question correctly and the lady was acting as if they cant be perfect they have problems and tried to get a reaction out of them. Could that be something?

Also could you go about a dq or appeal by yourself or do you for sure need an attorney? How does the pay work for it? Do you pay immediately for their services or can you get hired and pay off later on? How much did you pay?

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                  Vista I remember when you was posting back when Dice was on here before he got banned for whatever reason lol. If its not a problem why were you dqed? I understand you was dqed for the psych but was it anything specific? I remember someone on here was saying that they felt they answered every question correctly and the lady was acting as if they cant be perfect they have problems and tried to get a reaction out of them. Could that be something?

Also could you go about a dq or appeal by yourself or do you for sure need an attorney? How does the pay work for it? Do you pay immediately for their services or can you get hired and pay off later on? How much did you pay?

I was psych dq'd for a culmination of NONSENSE. Some drivjng stuff (not a psych issue), some minor school nonsense, a job termination (reported employer for fraud) 12 years ago when i was 17 and i said when i was 8 or 9 i may have had a fight with my brother who was 9 or 10 (yeah they said thats not normal lmao). It was really a bunch of bull****. They tried to articulate i had "poor stress tolerance" and since my longest job was working under my father (hes my manager) they wrote "it is unlikely the candidate can work in an enviroment not supervised by his father". Was really asinine. They also mentioned one of my written scores was on the bad side; even know i was well within the normal range- and they never mentioned the second written exam which said id excel as a detective / police officer.

I was a nuckle head of a kid- never anything crazy.... Had some car accidents (their, accidents not "on purpose's").... After HS went to work for my dads company.. So i was crazy, they initially said.

Dice- was not exactly banned, he got him self and others into some deep **** and backed away. He was never job. Remember that whole incjdent with cerberus?

You definately need retain a appeal psychologist, if it is a psych appeal. You could, in theory represent your self pro se as your own attorney, but- the NYPD will be represented by an experienced Attorney, so it would be a losing proposition had you represented your self. Many pages of complex legal matters to go through and argue. As far as payment goes, since the appeal process was pretty slow when i went through it i sent the lawyer money weekly until i was paid off. I believe i paid the psychologist in full. As far as the exact price goes, i forget the exact amount. It was not cheap- but they put in alot of time and work on these cases. Its a small price too pay to clear your name of something so tarnishing.
                  Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                    I was psych dq'd for a culmination of NONSENSE. Some drivjng stuff (not a psych issue), some minor school nonsense, a job termination (reported employer for fraud) 12 years ago when i was 17 and i said when i was 8 or 9 i may have had a fight with my brother who was 9 or 10 (yeah they said thats not normal lmao). It was really a bunch of bull****. They tried to articulate i had "poor stress tolerance" and since my longest job was working under my father (hes my manager) they wrote "it is unlikely the candidate can work in an enviroment not supervised by his father". Was really asinine. They also mentioned one of my written scores was on the bad side; even know i was well within the normal range- and they never mentioned the second written exam which said id excel as a detective / police officer.

I was a nuckle head of a kid- never anything crazy.... Had some car accidents (their, accidents not "on purpose's").... After HS went to work for my dads company.. So i was crazy, they initially said.

Dice- was not exactly banned, he got him self and others into some deep **** and backed away. He was never job. Remember that whole incjdent with cerberus?

You definately need retain a appeal psychologist, if it is a psych appeal. You could, in theory represent your self pro se as your own attorney, but- the NYPD will be represented by an experienced Attorney, so it would be a losing proposition had you represented your self. Many pages of complex legal matters to go through and argue. As far as payment goes, since the appeal process was pretty slow when i went through it i sent the lawyer money weekly until i was paid off. I believe i paid the psychologist in full. As far as the exact price goes, i forget the exact amount. It was not cheap- but they put in alot of time and work on these cases. Its a small price too pay to clear your name of something so tarnishing.
                    Ah yes I do remember him and Cerberus but since I never really took the test for NYPD I would skim thru the threads that's all never really looked into it so I dont know the exact incident. Do tell though I need a quick laugh if Cerberus handed dice his ***. I know he wasnt on the job though he was a little too cocky for me. Did you get on though? Im going for special officer and school safety right now. God willing I get one of them sooner or later I dont even care which. Gonna take the court officer exam later this year to.

Comment

• my situation

I've seen a pysch for anxiety and was prescribed medications. After a few years on the meds the doc considered me cured of the issue and taken off the meds. Besides this red flag I have no others regarding driving record, credit, or tickets. No issues in high school or with the law.

With that said can this be an automatic dq?

Comment

• Do not be discouraged if you get psychologically disqualified. If you get physiologically disqualified from the NYPD if you choose not to appeal it you must wait 3 YEARS before being eligible to re-take the psych for that same position. If you take a psych test before the 3 years they will disqualify you. If you wait the 3 years they will have your previous folder, they will look it over, check why you were DQ and re-evaluate you.

Originally posted by MosNY View Post
                        If someone took exam 3100 and got psych DQ'd for whatever reason. But has a back up exam 3101 for example. Is the 3101 hiring process psych eval effected by the one he got DQ'd from? Like will they see he took the test before and got DQ'd? and if so i assume they'd just DQ him off the strength of the first test

Comment

• Hey Vista i havent been on here since 2012 when i got disqualified. Ive been fighting the case. I was arrested in 2006 for dui which was dropped to just a violation, a non criminal record. My psych doc dqd me cause she said i had a dwi. Now im at that stage where the civil service commission ordered the nypd to show proof the dwi i dont have. Do u think i have a chance???
                          8332 5** (july'09)
                          INIT MED-Passed
                          Met BI-Done
                          JSt-Passed
                          Written Phys-Done
                          Oral-Review
                          MiniMed-??
                          Academy-hopefully July2012
                          Official Goonie

Comment

• Hey Vista or anyone

Originally posted by Vista View Post

Hey Vista i havent been on here since 2012 when i got disqualified. Ive been fighting the case. I was arrested in 2006 for dui which was dropped to just a violation, a non criminal record. My psych doc dqd me cause she said i had a dwi. Now im at that stage where the civil service commission ordered the nypd to show proof the dwi i dont have. Do u think i have a chance???
                            8332 5** (july'09)
                            INIT MED-Passed
                            Met BI-Done
                            JSt-Passed
                            Written Phys-Done
                            Oral-Review
                            MiniMed-??
                            Academy-hopefully July2012
                            Official Goonie

Comment

• Anyone that was on Psych review received a letter that was not a DQ letter? Also how long after the oral did you receive it?
                              [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
                              Exam#: 2326 02/2012
                              List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
                              Medical: 3.2014
                              Written Psych: 4.2014
                              JST: 5.2014
                              Oral Psych: 5.2014
                              Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
                              Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
                              -Appealed -
                              2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
                              Mini Medical: 5.2015
                              Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
                              GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                                There is no cure for ADD/ADHD, SO YOU better have a good answer.
                                No, you don't need an answer for ADD just show how you worked through it.

ADD/ADHD is a protected disability under the Americans with disabilities act.
                                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9090 users online. 435 members and 8655 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X