Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPERALT10 View Post
    I got a call from psych services today to schedule a second interview with the same psychologist. I'm Feeling excited and nervous. I know they're going to drill me on the ADD and remedial classes from high school, but I'm ready and I'm not going down without a fight. Good luck to everyone else in my shoes.
    Just relax you'll do fine.

Comment

• whats going on everyone, My 2nd psych interview was a breeze. To be honest all she did was ask me the same questions as the 1st time and she only spoke to me about adderall for 5 minutes. She just basically asked if i feel distracted now and i said no and are you more distracted then your friends and i still said no. I think she was trying to catch me in a lie. The interview was 40 minutes. Basic questions about being angry and police scenario questions. She asked me more about my job then anything else. So i guess the adderall wasn't that big of a deal after all. I'll call candidate relations in a week or 2 to see if i'm still on review.
      NYPD
      EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX
      Medical: 1/27- Done
      Written Psych: 2/6- Done
      Oral psych: 2/6- Done
      BI: Scheduled 3/4
      2nd Oral psych: 5/1- Done (passed)
      JST: June 10
      Mini Med: June 12
      The call : July 06 at 8:55am

Comment

whats going on everyone, My 2nd psych interview was a breeze. To be honest all she did was ask me the same questions as the 1st time and she only spoke to me about adderall for 5 minutes. She just basically asked if i feel distracted now and i said no and are you more distracted then your friends and i still said no. I think she was trying to catch me in a lie. The interview was 40 minutes. Basic questions about being angry and police scenario questions. She asked me more about my job then anything else. So i guess the adderall wasn't that big of a deal after all. I'll call candidate relations in a week or 2 to see if i'm still on review.
        Well what do you do for a job?

Comment

• I'm a Security supervisor at a shopping mall.
          NYPD
          EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

• Just an update i called candidate relations and i've cleared the psych review!, no negative comments on my file!!!!
            NYPD
            EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

Just an update i called candidate relations and i've cleared the psych review!, no negative comments on my file!!!!
              Thats awesome man

Comment

Just an update i called candidate relations and i've cleared the psych review!, no negative comments on my file!!!!
                Niiiccceee Brotha! Pulling for you, man. Go get 'em!

Comment

• Edit.........
                  Last edited by longislandmax; 10-28-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by longislandmax View Post
                    I have been on psych review for a little over a month and then yesterday I got a letter to appear for the mini med. I don't want to get overly excited, but does this mean I was cleared. My psych doc told me he was waiting on my investigator to submit paperwork to him. I cant get in contact with candidate relations or my investigator till Monday and the suspense is killing me. Any thoughts?
                    Doesn't mean anything. I have two friends on psych review and both did their mini med. one asked his investigator and eventually the apd website chat person. Both say its unrelated to the review.

Comment

• Deleted Post
                      Last edited by MustangMike; 08-10-2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MustangMike View Post
                        ok this isnt a psych review or dq, this is a medical dq from a surgery i had years ago, they said i am dq'ed under civil service law "50(4)(a) and 50(6)", is there any rebuttal to this?
                        I have no idea what your surgery was for, but that might be a huge reason for the DQ. Best course is to go to your doctor and get cleared, then get a second, third, fourth and however many opinions backing up you are fit to hire if you want a chance and talk to lawyers who deal with this too.

Comment

• I took my oral and was put on a hold status. Can anyone explain to me what this means? what is the difference between DQ, Review, Hold? Thanks
                          [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
                          Exam#: 2326 02/2012
                          List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
                          Medical: 3.2014
                          Written Psych: 4.2014
                          JST: 5.2014
                          Oral Psych: 5.2014
                          Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
                          Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
                          -Appealed -
                          2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
                          Mini Medical: 5.2015
                          Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
                          GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdaux2589 View Post
                            I took my oral and was put on a hold status. Can anyone explain to me what this means? what is the difference between DQ, Review, Hold? Thanks
                            When I was an intern going for nypd homicide, they had me go through the same process as a cop recruit. My apd 5 was put on hold. When my investigator asked the captain what was wrong, she just said it's on hold and cannot give an explanation. My application passed the sergeant, let, and the ****ing captain put it on "hold". Up until today, like a year later, never heard anything back. Guess they just threw it in the garbage and disliked the fact that I did marijuana about 3 times 3- 5 years ago. (never got caught, I was just stupid enough to tick the "have you ever done marijuana" box since they don't even polygraph. Because honestly, that's the only thing I could think of.

Maybe someone else can better answer your question. And hopefully your situation is nothing like mine, I doubt it. I just wanted to share my story of bring on "hold"
                            Last edited by New-York-Cityian; 05-26-2014, 11:31 PM.
                            NYPD Exam 4324
                            List number 1**

Comment

• Originally posted by New-York-Cityian View Post
                              When I was an intern going for nypd homicide, they had me go through the same process as a cop recruit. My apd 5 was put on hold. When my investigator asked the captain what was wrong, she just said it's on hold and cannot give an explanation. My application passed the sergeant, let, and the ****ing captain put it on "hold". Up until today, like a year later, never heard anything back. Guess they just threw it in the garbage and disliked the fact that I did marijuana about 3 times 3- 5 years ago. (never got caught, I was just stupid enough to tick the "have you ever done marijuana" box since they don't even polygraph. Because honestly, that's the only thing I could think of.

Maybe someone else can better answer your question. And hopefully your situation is nothing like mine, I doubt it. I just wanted to share my story of bring on "hold"
                              Thanks, this is crazy. I don't have any negative history only thing was I got my ged instead of hs and I had like 3 driving tickets but they are all old like 4+ years.
                              [COLOR="#A9A9A9"][/COLOR]
                              Exam#: 2326 02/2012
                              List # 25xx

APD-5: 12.2013
                              Medical: 3.2014
                              Written Psych: 4.2014
                              JST: 5.2014
                              Oral Psych: 5.2014
                              Meet w/ BI: 5.2014
                              Received DQ Letter: 7.2014
                              -Appealed -
                              2nd Oral Psych: 1.2015 - PASSED -

2nd JST: 3.2015
                              Mini Medical: 5.2015
                              Residency Check: 6.2015 - DONE!

Got the call: 7-1-15 @ 9:05pm!
                              GRADUATION: 12.29.2015

Comment

• New-York_Cityian..........Could it be your attitude that got your app canned? I'm sure after reading your posts that the same attitude present in many of your posts came through to the "****ing Capatin".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7158 users online. 361 members and 6797 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X