Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TPERALT10 View Post
    I got a call from psych services today to schedule a second interview with the same psychologist. I'm Feeling excited and nervous. I know they're going to drill me on the ADD and remedial classes from high school, but I'm ready and I'm not going down without a fight. Good luck to everyone else in my shoes.
    Just relax you'll do fine.

    Comment


    • whats going on everyone, My 2nd psych interview was a breeze. To be honest all she did was ask me the same questions as the 1st time and she only spoke to me about adderall for 5 minutes. She just basically asked if i feel distracted now and i said no and are you more distracted then your friends and i still said no. I think she was trying to catch me in a lie. The interview was 40 minutes. Basic questions about being angry and police scenario questions. She asked me more about my job then anything else. So i guess the adderall wasn't that big of a deal after all. I'll call candidate relations in a week or 2 to see if i'm still on review.
      NYPD
      EXAM 2302

      list # 1XXX
      Medical: 1/27- Done
      Written Psych: 2/6- Done
      Oral psych: 2/6- Done
      BI: Scheduled 3/4
      2nd Oral psych: 5/1- Done (passed)
      JST: June 10
      Mini Med: June 12
      The call : July 06 at 8:55am

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TPERALT10 View Post
        whats going on everyone, My 2nd psych interview was a breeze. To be honest all she did was ask me the same questions as the 1st time and she only spoke to me about adderall for 5 minutes. She just basically asked if i feel distracted now and i said no and are you more distracted then your friends and i still said no. I think she was trying to catch me in a lie. The interview was 40 minutes. Basic questions about being angry and police scenario questions. She asked me more about my job then anything else. So i guess the adderall wasn't that big of a deal after all. I'll call candidate relations in a week or 2 to see if i'm still on review.
        Well what do you do for a job?

        Comment


        • I'm a Security supervisor at a shopping mall.
          NYPD
          EXAM 2302

          list # 1XXX
          Medical: 1/27- Done
          Written Psych: 2/6- Done
          Oral psych: 2/6- Done
          BI: Scheduled 3/4
          2nd Oral psych: 5/1- Done (passed)
          JST: June 10
          Mini Med: June 12
          The call : July 06 at 8:55am

          Comment


          • Just an update i called candidate relations and i've cleared the psych review!, no negative comments on my file!!!!
            NYPD
            EXAM 2302

            list # 1XXX
            Medical: 1/27- Done
            Written Psych: 2/6- Done
            Oral psych: 2/6- Done
            BI: Scheduled 3/4
            2nd Oral psych: 5/1- Done (passed)
            JST: June 10
            Mini Med: June 12
            The call : July 06 at 8:55am

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TPERALT10 View Post
              Just an update i called candidate relations and i've cleared the psych review!, no negative comments on my file!!!!
              Thats awesome man

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TPERALT10 View Post
                Just an update i called candidate relations and i've cleared the psych review!, no negative comments on my file!!!!
                Niiiccceee Brotha! Pulling for you, man. Go get 'em!

                Comment


                • Edit.........
                  Last edited by longislandmax; 10-28-2017, 11:40 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by longislandmax View Post
                    I have been on psych review for a little over a month and then yesterday I got a letter to appear for the mini med. I don't want to get overly excited, but does this mean I was cleared. My psych doc told me he was waiting on my investigator to submit paperwork to him. I cant get in contact with candidate relations or my investigator till Monday and the suspense is killing me. Any thoughts?
                    Doesn't mean anything. I have two friends on psych review and both did their mini med. one asked his investigator and eventually the apd website chat person. Both say its unrelated to the review.

                    Comment


                    • Deleted Post
                      Last edited by MustangMike; 08-10-2016, 08:41 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MustangMike View Post
                        ok this isnt a psych review or dq, this is a medical dq from a surgery i had years ago, they said i am dq'ed under civil service law "50(4)(a) and 50(6)", is there any rebuttal to this?
                        I have no idea what your surgery was for, but that might be a huge reason for the DQ. Best course is to go to your doctor and get cleared, then get a second, third, fourth and however many opinions backing up you are fit to hire if you want a chance and talk to lawyers who deal with this too.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nypdaux2589
                          I took my oral and was put on a hold status. Can anyone explain to me what this means? what is the difference between DQ, Review, Hold? Thanks
                          When I was an intern going for nypd homicide, they had me go through the same process as a cop recruit. My apd 5 was put on hold. When my investigator asked the captain what was wrong, she just said it's on hold and cannot give an explanation. My application passed the sergeant, let, and the ****ing captain put it on "hold". Up until today, like a year later, never heard anything back. Guess they just threw it in the garbage and disliked the fact that I did marijuana about 3 times 3- 5 years ago. (never got caught, I was just stupid enough to tick the "have you ever done marijuana" box since they don't even polygraph. Because honestly, that's the only thing I could think of.

                          Maybe someone else can better answer your question. And hopefully your situation is nothing like mine, I doubt it. I just wanted to share my story of bring on "hold"
                          Last edited by New-York-Cityian; 05-26-2014, 11:31 PM.
                          NYPD Exam 4324
                          List number 1**

                          Comment


                          • New-York_Cityian..........Could it be your attitude that got your app canned? I'm sure after reading your posts that the same attitude present in many of your posts came through to the "****ing Capatin".

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                              New-York_Cityian..........Could it be your attitude that got your app canned? I'm sure after reading your posts that the same attitude present in many of your posts came through to the "****ing Capatin".
                              This guy is a troll ignore him

                              @nypdaux

                              That should be okay. As I said maybe your situation isn't like mine hopefully someone can answer better
                              NYPD Exam 4324
                              List number 1**

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nypdaux2589
                                I took my oral and was put on a hold status. Can anyone explain to me what this means? what is the difference between DQ, Review, Hold? Thanks
                                Here I asked APD for you:
                                A hold is something that can be cleared. An investigative review can lead to disqualification process. A psychological review can go either way.

                                __________________
                                Candidate Relations

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6140 users online. 400 members and 5740 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X