Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LINY View Post
    Because if you get any sort of paperwork from the psych after the oral interview that's because you're on review. If you don't you either passed or outright failed in which case they'll send you a letter saying so. I know 5 people who ended up on review, and one person who failed without even going through review.
    alright I'll have to battle this one out then. For those of you in the same situation as me keep your head up, your career doesn't have to end because of review. I just got emailed to meet my investigator in march so hopefully by the graces of god ill be clear from review, but who knows.
    NYPD
    EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX
    Medical: 1/27- Done
    Written Psych: 2/6- Done
    Oral psych: 2/6- Done
    BI: Scheduled 3/4
    2nd Oral psych: 5/1- Done (passed)
    JST: June 10
    Mini Med: June 12
    The call : July 06 at 8:55am

Comment

• Does anyone here knows the average time to be on review?
      NYPD
      EXAM:2302 8/2011
      LIST#:9XX
      APD-5:5/2013
      Medical:1/2014
      Written Psych:1/2014
      Oral Psych: 1/2014
      Meet BI: 1/2014:
      JST: TBA
      Mini-Med:TBA

Comment

• Originally posted by lifeiswhatyoumakeit View Post
        Does anyone here knows the average time to be on review?
        There is none. Varies from case to case.
        sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
        DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalFrenchie View Post
          There is none. Varies from case to case.
          Thanks
          NYPD
          EXAM:2302 8/2011
          LIST#:9XX
          APD-5:5/2013
          Medical:1/2014
          Written Psych:1/2014
          Oral Psych: 1/2014
          Meet BI: 1/2014:
          JST: TBA
          Mini-Med:TBA

Comment

• Guys/girls just want to bring some good news for me and hopes for does that got dq by NYPD. As you guy's know i got dq by nypd 2 times my cadet application and PO Application. After all that i spend money to fight wasted my time/money "your not going to win". What i did was never give up and took all test that came out around the area not just NYC. Just found out i pass all process for a NYC LE agency and got hired start academy Fed 21st. They didn't care what NYPD psych people said only their psych. I hope this helps for those on Review/DQ. So happy.
            Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
              Guys/girls just want to bring some good news for me and hopes for does that got dq by NYPD. As you guy's know i got dq by nypd 2 times my cadet application and PO Application. After all that i spend money to fight wasted my time/money "your not going to win". What i did was never give up and took all test that came out around the area not just NYC. Just found out i pass all process for a NYC LE agency and got hired start academy Fed 21st. They didn't care what NYPD psych people said only their psych. I hope this helps for those on Review/DQ. So happy.
              that's good to hear...congrats and train hard...why did they dq you twice?

Comment

Guys/girls just want to bring some good news for me and hopes for does that got dq by NYPD. As you guy's know i got dq by nypd 2 times my cadet application and PO Application. After all that i spend money to fight wasted my time/money "your not going to win". What i did was never give up and took all test that came out around the area not just NYC. Just found out i pass all process for a NYC LE agency and got hired start academy Fed 21st. They didn't care what NYPD psych people said only their psych. I hope this helps for those on Review/DQ. So happy.
                Congrats, but I hope you work on your writing if you'll be doing reports. Congrats again and good luck.
                sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
                DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

• Thank you guys and yeah sorry for typo, am working on getting better at this; since English is my second language is even harder on me. But yeah I got dq because inconsistency in my application in regards to my employment history, I had numerous jobs and it showed a lack of stability.
                  Last edited by nycapomts; 02-15-2014, 01:53 PM.
                  Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

Thank you guys and yeah sorry for typo, am working on getting better at this; since English is my second language is even harder on me. But yeah I got dq because inconsistency in my application in regards to my employment history, I had numerous jobs and it showed a lack of stability.
                    Just curious what agency did you get on with?
                    The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• due to my excellent investigative skills I was able to determine he got on with "nyc hospital police"

Comment

• Nyc hospital police dont even use a psych.

Oh well.
                        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

• In case anyone is interested I was looking into several different websites to see if there were any successful candidates that made it out alive of the dreaded psych review and I stumbled upon this. https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/fo...m=1149888334/0
                          NYPD
                          EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX
                          Medical: 1/27- Done
                          Written Psych: 2/6- Done
                          Oral psych: 2/6- Done
                          BI: Scheduled 3/4
                          2nd Oral psych: 5/1- Done (passed)
                          JST: June 10
                          Mini Med: June 12
                          The call : July 06 at 8:55am

Comment

• Question...I'm 22 clean background...never a ticket ever or summons...nothing at all...barley ever drink...had 3 jobs my whole life since high school...did decent in college 2.7 gpa...have my pysch coming up...very nervous...am I worrying about nothing??....and will pass no problem?
                            July 14- made the list, did not reach list number.
                            January 15- here I come !

Comment

• Originally posted by TPERALT10 View Post
                              In case anyone is interested I was looking into several different websites to see if there were any successful candidates that made it out alive of the dreaded psych review and I stumbled upon this. https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/fo...m=1149888334/0
                              Interesting but the post is from 2006 and they guy was a cop for 7 years at that time. 1999 was a different time, with 25k to start, not a lot of people wanted to join NYPD. They used to hire a lot of people with records back then. Im a little older so I remember the news articles about NYPD guys committing crimes off duty all the time and most had records. I think they main reason in 2008 they raised the salaries to 43k was because they weren't attracting enough "clean" candidates

Comment

• Just wondering...If you get put on review...basically no shot of getting off it right
                                July 14- made the list, did not reach list number.
                                January 15- here I come !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9766 users online. 441 members and 9325 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X