Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was dq'd over 3 years ago and now I am placed on review.
    NYPD
    EXAM:2302 8/2011
    LIST#:9XX
    APD-5:5/2013
    Medical:1/2014
    Written Psych:1/2014
    Oral Psych: 1/2014
    Meet BI: 1/2014:
    JST: TBA
    Mini-Med:TBA

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
      Psychological Exam Info On Monday November 5th at 7PM, there will be a Presentation regarding how to prepare for, and address all aspects of the Psychological Examination Process. It wll be at the Adria Hotel, on 221-17 Northern Blvd in Bayside. The Presentation is given by a Attorney (Retired NYPD Captain) and a Psychologist who both have extensive knowledge in the NYPD Psychological process- as they have successfully handled hundreds of appeals of candidates who have been disqualified psychologically. The cost to Attend is $175.00 if paid in advance- which is a VERY small price to pay, considering if you get jammed up (which is not difficult at all)- Appeals can cost between $4,000 - $8,000. Also take into consideration that a disqualification that is not overturned, will stay with you for life- its better NOT to get Disqualified in the first place.

IF you guys are interested, Check out http://www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com

If anyone goes, let me know and maybe ill take the ride and see you guys there.
      Can you please me, I have a few questions?
      NYPD

Comment

• Originally posted by lifeiswhatyoumakeit View Post
        I was dq'd over 3 years ago and now I am placed on review.
        when did you get placed on review?

Comment

• Originally posted by wn8 View Post
          when did you get placed on review?
          a few week ago
          NYPD

Comment

• Originally posted by lifeiswhatyoumakeit View Post
            a few week ago
            through your investigator?

Comment

• Whats going on everyone, just took the oral psych on Thursday and what a wake up call. I mean at first it was nice and smooth then she started asking about my moving violations and how many times i drink beer. Now i have to get records from high school because I was in remedial classes and records from an old doctor. I might just end up on review. I don't want to think negatively but i was prescribed adderall when i was 13 and my doctor retired so my records don't exist anymore. anyone else going through a similar situation?
              NYPD
              EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX
              Medical: 1/27- Done
              Written Psych: 2/6- Done
              Oral psych: 2/6- Done
              BI: Scheduled 3/4
              2nd Oral psych: 5/1- Done (passed)
              JST: June 10
              Mini Med: June 12
              The call : July 06 at 8:55am

Comment

• Originally posted by TPERALT10 View Post
                Whats going on everyone, just took the oral psych on Thursday and what a wake up call. I mean at first it was nice and smooth then she started asking about my moving violations and how many times i drink beer. Now i have to get records from high school because I was in remedial classes and records from an old doctor. I might just end up on review. I don't want to think negatively but i was prescribed adderall when i was 13 and my doctor retired so my records don't exist anymore. anyone else going through a similar situation?
                how many moving violations do you have and also were you bad in school or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by wn8 View Post
                  how many moving violations do you have and also were you bad in school or something?

I had 11 moving violations and i was in special education. Never in trouble. Never arrested.
                  NYPD
                  EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

• [QUOTE=TPERALT10;3415967]I had 11 moving violations and i was in special education. Never in trouble. Never arrested.[/QUO

my guess would be the 11 violations...but that's just my opinion
                    July 14- made the list, did not reach list number.
                    January 15- here I come !

Comment

Whats going on everyone, just took the oral psych on Thursday and what a wake up call. I mean at first it was nice and smooth then she started asking about my moving violations and how many times i drink beer. Now i have to get records from high school because I was in remedial classes and records from an old doctor. I might just end up on review. I don't want to think negatively but i was prescribed adderall when i was 13 and my doctor retired so my records don't exist anymore. anyone else going through a similar situation?
                      You are on review

Comment

• Originally posted by LINY View Post
                        You are on review
                        how are you so sure? are you OTJ?
                        NYPD
                        EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

• Does anyone know, if the pysch will give you a hard time...If I had a job but had to resign due to it was conflicting with my college hours...so I wasn't employed for a year but going to school full time and still living home.
                          July 14- made the list, did not reach list number.
                          January 15- here I come !

Comment

he went through the process

Comment

• Originally posted by USA2014 View Post
                              Does anyone know, if the pysch will give you a hard time...If I had a job but had to resign due to it was conflicting with my college hours...so I wasn't employed for a year but going to school full time and still living home.
                              Hard time no.. You resigned... you weren't fired...

However you were unemployed for a year and I'm almost positive they may want a notarized letter from whoever it was that was supporting you for that year...

They care about the people who are unemployed and also not attending school.. They expect you to either have one or the other..

Good luck!
                              On the Job

Comment

Because if you get any sort of paperwork from the psych after the oral interview that's because you're on review. If you don't you either passed or outright failed in which case they'll send you a letter saying so. I know 5 people who ended up on review, and one person who failed without even going through review.
                                Last edited by LINY; 02-10-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10982 users online. 461 members and 10521 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X