Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never heard of being DQ'd for being over qualified. There are teachers and lawyers that become cops. So I don't think that would be a problem. I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
    Living the dream...

Comment

• I just re read his post, he was reffering to cadets corp not nypd my mistake.

Comment

• Never heard of that either. I don't know if there are any psychological ground for a DQ regarding to may credits. Unless, you have so many that you are viewed as eccentric, but that would be unlikely IMHO.
        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
          Never heard of that either. I don't know if there are any psychological ground for a DQ regarding to may credits. Unless, you have so many that you are viewed as eccentric, but that would be unlikely IMHO.
          Cadet Corps he was referring to. You need to have a certain amount of credits, but you can't have too many. Somewhere in the middle. They will help pay tuition and you work at the academy. Different than recruit.
          Living the dream...

Comment

• hey guys trying to find out some information, Im test 0140 i passed everything including phyc up until the july 2013 class and did not make it in and niether am i going to make the january 2014 class. MY investagtor really didnt tell me anything so I had someone i knew try to find out and he was told i was flagged. Not sure what the flag was. Is it over for me or can this problem be fixed. ANY advice guys lol ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyboy62 View Post
              hey guys trying to find out some information, Im test 0140 i passed everything including phyc up until the july 2013 class and did not make it in and niether am i going to make the january 2014 class. MY investagtor really didnt tell me anything so I had someone i knew try to find out and he was told i was flagged. Not sure what the flag was. Is it over for me or can this problem be fixed. ANY advice guys lol ?
              Are you sure you passed the psych? You investigator should be able to tell you what the story is, if you are on review, or just a hold.
              -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Anyone who appealed a psych DQ: about how long after when your personal psych submitted their report to NYPD did you hear a response? How were you notified if your appeal was successful or denied?
                -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• there was a few rumblings in this thread of how cannibal cop got hired before any of you guys.

well, if i may clarify, and if you didn't already take the psych test. other than the written (being consecutive and not drawing smoke coming out of the chimney) the oral psych has virtually NOTHING to do with how you operate as a cop.

it is nothing more than a glorified background interview. it's sad really. alot of people that are in the PD now... be prepared to read similar stories about them in 5 - 10 years. the yoyos will come out eventually.
                  NYPD Exam 0312 List 4**

APD-5: Submitted 2/12
                  Medical: Passed 10/12
                  Written Psych: 10/12
                  Oral Psych: Passed 1/12
                  Residency Check: Done
                  JST: Passed 6/13
                  Mini Medical: Passed 6/13
                  BI: Met 10/12; In process

July 2013 ACADEMY!!

Comment

• phyc question.

Originally posted by make_the_bestofit View Post
                    And that last part of my post, you can count on that being a question that the psych will ask you during your interview. Please, don't go off on the "don't judge me" tangent. I'm just being direct to let you know what is likely to happen.
                    thanks, whats the best way to tell the phyc i messed up and made a mistake, should i say i wasnt aware or should i say it was bad judgment.

Comment

• Deleted Post
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by MustangMike; 08-10-2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Hi guys, I recently took the medical and past. However, I have some concerns. I went to a doctor last year because I was having high blood pressure. I mentioned to him that it could be because of ANXIETY and he made NOTE of it (probably be on my medical records). However he NEVER prescribed me any medication and nor did I take any. Will this cause any issues along the process? Thanks.

Comment

• Anyone on here who was disqualified a combat veteran?? I'm noticing a growing trend of vets being disqualified by nypd.

Comment

• John q24...turn your pm on
                            July 14- made the list, did not reach list number.
                            January 15- here I come !

Comment

• I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with; does anyone know of someone who has failed the NYPD psych before and later starts the process over only to be placed on review? I have no idea why the first dq was issued. Should I be overly concern?
                              NYPD
                              EXAM:2302 8/2011
                              LIST#:9XX
                              APD-5:5/2013
                              Medical:1/2014
                              Written Psych:1/2014
                              Oral Psych: 1/2014
                              Meet BI: 1/2014:
                              JST: TBA
                              Mini-Med:TBA

Comment

• Originally posted by lifeiswhatyoumakeit View Post
                                I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with; does anyone know of someone who has failed the NYPD psych before and later starts the process over only to be placed on review? I have no idea why the first dq was issued. Should I be overly concern?
                                Ummmm you weres DQ'd.... yes you should be overly concerned if you want this job as much as me.... Appeal the DQ or wait 3 years..

Option C: Wait for user 'Vista' to get on the forums...he knows all about this dq stuff...

Good luck
                                On the Job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5090 users online. 251 members and 4839 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X