Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more question, I own a ar15 , and after the whole ny safe act happend I went ahead and registered the rifle so it's all legal, and I know when you go threw the acadamy you have to ticket your rifle with a police station or gun shop until you get out,, because it's an ar15 do you think that would be Somthing that they could flag , if that's the case ill sell it but I really would like to keep it if I can

Comment

• And I appreciate all the responses , not tryin to or going to hide anything just want to get everything in order so there's nothing holding up my process when it gets to that point

Comment

• Originally posted by 3309 nypd View Post
        And I appreciate all the responses , not tryin to or going to hide anything just want to get everything in order so there's nothing holding up my process when it gets to that point
        PM Me
        Living the dream...

Comment

• Hey bro I apologize this is the first forum I've ever been on , how do I pm you

Comment

One more question, I own a ar15 , and after the whole ny safe act happend I went ahead and registered the rifle so it's all legal, and I know when you go threw the acadamy you have to ticket your rifle with a police station or gun shop until you get out,, because it's an ar15 do you think that would be Somthing that they could flag , if that's the case ill sell it but I really would like to keep it if I can
            Well now that the state knows you own it..... :facepalm:

You should have just made it compliant (no longer an evil msr) thus no requirement to register. Can be done with $4 of hardware store parts. Do you live in one of the boroughs or something? You shouldnt need to hand in your rifle (im guessing) unless you plan to live in NYC which requires permits for everything.

Comment

• No I love on longisland but you see I read threw the ny safe act top to bottom and there's actual a really big gray area that can get you jammed up, the ar15 platform itself is still banned, and the only way to alter it would be to start grinding and cutting, and I'm not Into the whole "under the radar thing, I go by the law and wana do things right I don't need to hide anything , I just go to the range occasionally with some freinds.

Comment

• Live *. .

Comment

• Not to mention on your adp you have to fill out every firearm you have ever owned and I'm sure if they see that and you say it's altered I'm sure that would be a red flag they would want to look into

Comment

No I love on longisland but you see I read threw the ny safe act top to bottom and there's actual a really big gray area that can get you jammed up, the ar15 platform itself is still banned, and the only way to alter it would be to start grinding and cutting, and I'm not Into the whole "under the radar thing, I go by the law and wana do things right I don't need to hide anything , I just go to the range occasionally with some freinds.
                    Originally posted by 3309 nypd View Post
                    Not to mention on your adp you have to fill out every firearm you have ever owned and I'm sure if they see that and you say it's altered I'm sure that would be a red flag they would want to look into
                    No, and no. If you actually read the definition of a "assault weapon" it says

"(e) provided, however, that such term does not include: (i) any rifle,
                    shotgun or pistol that (A) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or
                    slide action; (B) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or (C) is an
                    antique firearm as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(16);
                    (ii) a semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine
                    that holds more than five rounds of ammunition;"

There is no reason that a modificaiton should be cause for a red flag. You would be following the law by making your rifle compliant with the law. If it cannot accept a detachable magazine it is no longer an AW and is not subject to those restrictions/registration.

Hopefully you get OTJ before NY confiscates your rifle.

Comment

• Isn't the second amendment wonderful lol?
                      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                        Isn't the second amendment wonderful lol?
                        Yes and its unfortunate and scary how many Americans so easily dismiss it and the constitution as a whole. But thats a whole 'nother bag of conversation!

3309 I dont want to keep this thread off track so If you'd like feel free to PM me anytime.

Comment

• You were put on hold in 2007, not dqed? I am going to get investageted by nysdoc soon, I have 8points on my record, i have a speeding ticket and a moving violation pending, will I be put on hold? And should i widraw because of this, I dont want a dq to follow me...

Comment

• Originally posted by nycdudeguy View Post
                            You were put on hold in 2007, not dqed? I am going to get investageted by nysdoc soon, I have 8points on my record, i have a speeding ticket and a moving violation pending, will I be put on hold? And should i widraw because of this, I dont want a dq to follow me...
                            I would advise posting this in one of the NYS DOC threads. They will probably me more familiar with the process since thats what they are going through. Different departments have different standards, requirements etc etc. 8 points is a lot though, you're only 3 away from a license suspension. Would definitely suggest taking a defensive class of some kind. I really hope that the speeding ticket and mover isn't in addition to the 8 points. If you know you want to work Law Enforcement, why break the law? I'm sure it can't be a shock to you that they don't look highly on a bad driving record.
                            Living the dream...

Comment

• And that last part of my post, you can count on that being a question that the psych will ask you during your interview. Please, don't go off on the "don't judge me" tangent. I'm just being direct to let you know what is likely to happen.
                              Living the dream...

Comment

• Hey all I couldn't find the appropriate thread. Just figured if throw it up on here. Is it possible to be DQ'd or put on hold for accumulating too many college credits, saw a post somwhere regarding it. If you have any info could you PM me so I don't throw this thread off track. Thank you !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5546 users online. 209 members and 5337 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X