Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stilltwo
    Do they base the whole oral psych only on your written psych or do they also use other info like the APD-5
    They will use all the information they have on you, plus ask you random question. Be cool, dress proper, make eye contact ( dont stare ), short answer unless he/she ask you to explain. DONT LIE ABOUT ANYTHING !!!
    NYPD 8329 / XXXX
    Medical: Pass | Written Psych: Complete | Oral: (DQ for now, Appealing) | JST:? | BI: ? | Mini Med: ?

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX
    Medical: | Written Psych: | Oral: | JST: | BI: | Mini Med:

NYDOC 8135/XXXX
    Orientation: 7/13 | Medical: 8/13 Pass | Triage: 9/20 Done | Written Psych: 9/20 Done | Oral: 9/25 Done | Agility: 10/20 Passed | PE: 11/15

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

Originally posted by Sha View Post
      i called my BI she said i got oral psych review.... i never had problem in school and college, I never drink, i never had criminal summons, i never got arrest, even i don't have parking summons, i never had problem with my jobs, i m with a same girl 9 years, i live with my parents. i am NYPD auxiliary police officer about to be 5 years.. ONLY THE PROBLEM I SEE IS I HAVE 5 TRAFFIC SUMMONS in 10 years. FIRST One for no seat belt 2nd one for no left turn 3th ONE for unsafely line crosses. 4th one for speeding and 5th one for crossing school stop sign this summons still in pending… i think i am review because of Traffic summons.

WHAT SHOULD I DO HOW CAN I FIND OUT THE REASON FOR PSYCH REVIEW?

Exam # 8132
      List # 5**
      Medical: Passed
      Written psych: done
      Oral Psych: on review
      JST: MAr 31

Brother being a fellow Auxiliary Police Officer i don't see how you get this summons and plus you are strongly on review also because you have summons pending.
      Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

Question for you guys on psych review, say you do get put on review for whatever reason, is it possible to withdraw from the process before getting dq'd the reason I ask is because I know getting dq'd from the NYPD process effects trying to get on with any other type of law enforcement like say NYC corrections
        Bro first of the NYPD psych dq does travel with you as a red flag bout that does not end your LE career some departments wont hire you if you NYPD P.O so they have they own rules and don't want the negative habit of NYPD cops to infest their department personal, prime example Port Authority Police and MTA PD. Bout in your case because you want NYC DOC job they will automatically DQ you because NYPD psych services does the psych part of the process to NYCDOC,DEP Police, so if you on review for any other job or dq for any other job that has to do with psych service ontill it overturn or settle it will stay like that for other jobs you apply for in NYC goverment that NYPD Psych services has a contract with.

Comment

Removed post
          Last edited by Mag.One; 07-24-2014, 01:28 PM.
          NYPD Exam 2326
          List - 14**

Initial Med- Finished
          Written Psych- Finished
          Oral Psych- Done, Review?
          JST- ??
          Mini Med- ??
          Meet with BI- August

Comment

Originally posted by Mag.One View Post
            if someone was arrested for domestic violence, but the charges were dropped, therefore no conviction or wasn't found guilty.. would that be a problem?

Well brother i put it like this to you, with all the crap NYPD is going throw lately they are Disqualifying and putting on review almost everybody with a couple of bumps in the road. I can tell you, you will have a thought time getting on the job bout it is not impossible because that domestic violence's case even if it was drop, they take it super serious because you have you gun off-duty to around family.

Comment

yeah i understand what your saying. hopefully it'll just be something i can just get by with just by being honest about it from the start.
              NYPD Exam 2326
              List - 14**

Initial Med- Finished
              Written Psych- Finished
              JST- ??
              Mini Med- ??
              Meet with BI- August

Comment

if someone was arrested for domestic violence, but the charges were dropped, therefore no conviction or wasn't found guilty.. would that be a problem?
                ouch domestic violence, start thinking of back up plans in case nypd doesn't work out for you. Never hurts to have a few options on the table
                NYPD Exam 6093(expired ) 1302 List 1xxx
                Apd5- submitted 2/2012
                Medical- DONE
                Psych Written- DONE
                Psych Oral- DONE
                Background- In process
                JST- not yet

Fdny 2000- score 104 list 3xx

Comment

Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                  Bro first of the NYPD psych dq does travel with you as a red flag bout that does not end your LE career some departments wont hire you if you NYPD P.O so they have they own rules and don't want the negative habit of NYPD cops to infest their department personal, prime example Port Authority Police and MTA PD. Bout in your case because you want NYC DOC job they will automatically DQ you because NYPD psych services does the psych part of the process to NYCDOC,DEP Police, so if you on review for any other job or dq for any other job that has to do with psych service ontill it overturn or settle it will stay like that for other jobs you apply for in NYC goverment that NYPD Psych services has a contract with.
                  That's true, I didn't even realize that it's the same psych test across the board within those agencies...bummer
                  Exam: 1315
                  APD5: submitted

Comment

Domestic violence is something that will present a HUGE roadblock. Not a guaranteed DQ, but you better have a very good explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ny sports View Post
                      Domestic violence is something that will present a HUGE roadblock. Not a guaranteed DQ, but you better have a very good explanation.
                      the claim happend on my bday with my ex who was stalking me, never hit her but she had marks on her arm and the PO's automatically assumed it was me.
                      NYPD Exam 2326
                      List - 14**

Initial Med- Finished
                      Written Psych- Finished
                      JST- ??
                      Mini Med- ??
                      Meet with BI- August

Comment

Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                        Brother being a fellow Auxiliary Police Officer i don't see how you get this summons and plus you are strongly on review also because you have summons pending.
                        you not right brother being APO doesn't mean you don't get summons, highway patrol don't care about APO they give us summon. MY speeding summon i got it's on highway (prospect expressway) 70/45 in 2006 i got unsafely line crosser on the ocean park way 2009 (it's kind of highway with lights) and then last one" school bus stop i got 2011 on eastern park way. other two summons i got b4 i was in APO 2002 and 2003.

BRO, HOW CAN I FIND OUT THAT'S THE REASON I M ON REVIEW?

THANK YOU...
                        Last edited by Sha; 03-08-2012, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davis8329 View Post
                          first of all dont be worried, even though your on review you could get another interview. But worst case scenario you get dq. Your traffic violations / summons shows a pattern ( this is from an unprofessional view point ) i could be wrong and there is something else that placed you on review. There is someone on this forum named dice711, you can seek a more professional on the job experience answer.

...also for that last summons, you should of taken care of that asap before meeting with the psych and if you do get another interview, take care of it.
                          thanx bro

how can i find out the reason for psych review?

Comment

Originally posted by Sha View Post
                            thanx bro

how can i find out the reason for psych review?
                            You will neverrrrr ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER find out the reason for your psych. Only another psych you hire can request and review the nypd psych notes. And hopefully that person you hire can evaluate and explain it to you. But this all happens if you get DQ.
                            NYPD 8329 / XXXX
                            Medical: Pass | Written Psych: Complete | Oral: (DQ for now, Appealing) | JST:? | BI: ? | Mini Med: ?

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX
                            Medical: | Written Psych: | Oral: | JST: | BI: | Mini Med:

NYDOC 8135/XXXX
                            Orientation: 7/13 | Medical: 8/13 Pass | Triage: 9/20 Done | Written Psych: 9/20 Done | Oral: 9/25 Done | Agility: 10/20 Passed | PE: 11/15

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

I would like to ask, for you ladies and gents that were placed under review or DQ, how long did your interview with the psych last?
                              10-09 0308 XXX
                              Time Flies Quick
                              On This Job

Comment

What kind of things would put you on like Background investigator review or is there such a thing
                                Absolutely, it's called investigative review. Any inconsistency in your life can get you placed on investigative review.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7866 users online. 428 members and 7438 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X