Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been on psych review since April of 2013 which I had to submit additional paper and also with no second interview, my Exam number is 0140 any advise to speed up my process.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCBH View Post
      I have been on psych review since April of 2013 which I had to submit additional paper and also with no second interview, my Exam number is 0140 any advise to speed up my process.
      If its since April of 2013, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is highly likely they are going to DQ you. If you are approaching the end of the life of your list, I would consult with an attorney. I've heard that you can sort of "force" them to make a decision, so that you would have adequate time to file your appeal of the DQ. Theres a situation described on Jerold Levine's website (attorney) where he managed to win this case I believe.
      Living the dream...

Comment

• Hey gentlmen have a question for you. Had trouble finding at appropriate thread but I figured I'd give my question on here a shot. I will be going threw the process hopefully soon. -- I have a clean driving record, never been arrested, never used any drugs , good credit etc squeaky clean.... My senior year of high school I tried some performance enhancing drug, only used it twice and my arm became inflamed so I went to the hospital and they gave me antibiotics and after that I never used anything again .... It's on my medical record so obviously they will see that ... Will that be Somthing that will DQ me ?

Comment

• Have a good work history, currently employeed a going to school just one Bo bo I made about 2 years , I only used it twice, I was just small in high school and started working out alot and I was told it would really get me bigger, and again after that I never used it again

Comment

• Originally posted by 3309 nypd View Post
            Have a good work history, currently employeed a going to school just one Bo bo I made about 2 years , I only used it twice, I was just small in high school and started working out alot and I was told it would really get me bigger, and again after that I never used it again
            Well, its not an instant DQ. Explain it in the best light you can, and stay calm. You will probably go on review pending paper work from your doctor. Once you get a psych date I would start trying to track down the people you are going to have to get that paper work from. Don't let them get to you, thats what they try to do. Make you uncomfortable and get you angry. Good luck.
            Living the dream...

Comment

• Originally posted by 3309 nypd View Post
              Have a good work history, currently employeed a going to school just one Bo bo I made about 2 years , I only used it twice, I was just small in high school and started working out alot and I was told it would really get me bigger, and again after that I never used it again
              what is bo bo?
              New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• Prior page, using a "performance enhancer " twice when I was in the gym ,, what kind of doctors letter would I need , just stating that I'm healthy and fit for duty ?

Comment

• They will probably want to see all the notes and records from when you went to the doctor for that issue you had with it. They want to make sure you were truthful in the way you described it and that you didn't downplay it. Example, you tell psych you went to doctor for stomach ache. They ask for records. Stomach ache turns out to stomach pump. Big problem. (Obviously this is a very simplified version, and they aren't asking for records from stomach aches but you get my drift)
                  Living the dream...

Comment

• Not gunna Down play it, used it twice , arm got inflamed , went to the doctor and he told me how it's not smart and can cause bodily damage , scared me and swore I'd never do it again , it's in my medical record so I wouldn't say anything otherwise and as for my history and record everything I sed was on point, just has me real nervous that one thing Ive always wanted to be a cop like my pops so hopefully it works out

Comment

• Like I said dude, I'm not saying you will or are right now. I'm just going based on my experience with the psych department and the experiences I've heard from other people in recent years. I believe you no need to explain to me, and I understand. The thing is, they want to make sure (generally) that there is nothing that would be detrimental to your performance as a police officer. I came out of the psych feeling like crap twice, but turns out I passed. Big thing to stay calm. You got a long ways to go before you start worrying too much. 3309 is from 2012?
                      Living the dream...

Comment

• Yes, and hey I really appreciate it, the response. Just trying to get everything I need in order and stay out of trouble until then. Thanks for the info

Comment

• how far back do they look at medical records? Are these insurance records? Im not quite sure if any of that stuff is relevant to let them know, unless its something serious, such as requiring surgery or something that was tied into being injured at work.

Comment

• They will explain at the medical, and you are going strictly off your memory. So in other words if you forgot to mention that you broke a two when you were 5, the fbi isn't coming in from the other room to arrest you and DQ you for it.
                            Living the dream...

Comment

• Originally posted by make_the_bestofit View Post
                              They will explain at the medical, and you are going strictly off your memory. So in other words if you forgot to mention that you broke a two when you were 5, the fbi isn't coming in from the other room to arrest you and DQ you for it.
                              So like i said, if its not something serious, its probably better off not mentioning. Why put a red flag on your self.

Comment

• .. I honestly think some of you take these forums too lightly, you're basically admitting you have the possible intent to deceive with that last post..but I digress

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5963 users online. 259 members and 5704 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X