Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can take days or weeks too. Every case is different. Keep in touch with your BI.
    NYPD Exam: 1309
    List: 4XX
    Test Date: 12/10
    APD: 8/12
    Med: 4/13
    Written Psych: 4/13
    Oral Psych: 4/13
    BI Initial Interview:4/13
    JST:6/13
    Round 2: 9/13
    BI: In Progress
    Mini Med:6/13
    Round 2: 10/13

Academy: January 2014

NYS Trooper Exam
    Test Date: 10/13

Patience is Key

Comment

• Originally posted by Ry22 View Post
      Can take days or weeks too. Every case is different. Keep in touch with your BI.
      Do people get off of review and are otj
      exam 1313
      Apd5-8/2012
      Med-done
      Written Psych-done
      Oral psych-done
      Meet BI-done
      Social Media-done
      BI-done
      Jst-done-3:12
      Mini med-done

Jan 14-?

Comment

• It all depends on what you were on review for. Each case is different. But I have heard of people getting off of review and continuing the process to eventually get hired.
        NYPD Exam: 1309
        List: 4XX
        Test Date: 12/10
        APD: 8/12
        Med: 4/13
        Written Psych: 4/13
        Oral Psych: 4/13
        BI Initial Interview:4/13
        JST:6/13
        Round 2: 9/13
        BI: In Progress
        Mini Med:6/13
        Round 2: 10/13

Academy: January 2014

NYS Trooper Exam
        Test Date: 10/13

Patience is Key

Comment

• Originally posted by delia123 View Post
          Do people get off of review and are otj
          Yes, it's possible. I know of a few people who were on review or DQ'd and became cops.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyMP727 View Post
            Hey guys, I apologize if I am in the wrong area or if this has already been said/asked, but I'm fairly new to the whole forum world.

My question: To be completely honest to get the best answers, I will do my best to explain everything. In 2008, I completed the NYPD hiring process. I was disqualified for psych. I was young and uneducated on the way the system worked and did not appeal the DQ. Since that, I have gone into the military and went back to school to obtain the college credits needed for the job. I currently have 65 college credits. I also obtained my EMT certification and have been working as EMT with steady work since January. Now, for the speed bumps I hit during this most recent hiring process (2012). During my time in the military, I attempted a transfer and I received false information that caused me to have a few black marks on my record. I have attempted to remedy this, but as anyone who is/was in the military knows, it's not the most helpful system in the world. Also, my first time around on the hiring process I had attempted to cover up a few things that I thought was gonna harm me. (Immaturity that I greatly regret and I never should have lied) This most recent hiring process, when I got the DQ, I took the appeal route. When my records were received by the psychologist I found, I was told that the reason for the DQ was due to unreliability because of my past (immaturity with jobs pre 2008), the black marks on my military record, and the fact that this time around I told the truth about everything instead of being immature and trying to cover things up (which caused an inconsistency of responses from last hiring process). With this info, what do think my options are at still getting the job? Do I just give it time? Do I try again right away? Am I f**ked and will never get the job? Basically, I have wanted to NYPD my entire life and it's the only job I want so any help/advice would greatly be appreciated.
            You are better off some other agency. Nypd will always ask you have you been dq from physc before and you will get jammed like that. So you're better off another agency like bpd or even federal l.e....
            Good luck to you brother.
            "REMEMBER, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN" !

Comment

• I was psych DQ, when I was applying for the cadet, do it means I'm done with a career with the NYPD?
              EXAM # 1320
              LIST # 15**
              EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dominicano View Post
                I was psych DQ, when I was applying for the cadet, do it means I'm done with a career with the NYPD?
                There is no definite answer to that. However, you most likely could be DQ'd for it. How long ago was it?
                "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It happen in January 2012,
                  EXAM # 1320
                  LIST # 15**
                  EXAM DATE JUNE 25, 2011

Comment

• http://www.nyc.gov/html/csc/html/app...andidate.shtml -Thought this might be a helpful link for some people who have been dq'd or think they may be. Good luck guys
                    Living the dream...

Comment

• Since most of you guys already took the oral pysh and written pysh just wondering what type of questions are on both tests? I'm going to be takin it upcoming months and just want an idea on what on it thanks and good luck everyone
                      July 14- made the list, did not reach list number.
                      January 15- here I come !

Comment

• Originally posted by dominicano View Post
                        It happen in January 2012,
                        A year ago is kind of soon. I can't tell you to go one way or another. U might be DQ'd again, or pass. If you were DQ'd, you prob have an idea why u were DQ'd and you need to make sure you convey yourself as honestly as you can.
                        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Lichargers3113 View Post
                          Since most of you guys already took the oral pysh and written pysh just wondering what type of questions are on both tests? I'm going to be takin it upcoming months and just want an idea on what on it thanks and good luck everyone
                          They ask you everything. Just be honest. It's not a good thing to know the questions because you may try to "game" the evaluation, and it may bite you in the long run. Be honest and confident.
                          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• BTW that link I posted is the civil service commission's explaining appeals etc. It may be helpful information to anybody in that boat. Like said in past posts, theres multiple civil service attorneys out there. I don't lobby for one in particular, but Rob Kronenberg and then theres another one last name Levine don't remember the first name but both seem to specialize in this field.

And the other part of advice to remember is that when they ask you certain things, ex. pysch history, if you say you have seen a psych, you will have to send records. If you took sleeping pills, you will have to say records. If you say you got detentions, they will ask for your hs transcript and disciplinary record. Just be prepared to get all these records in 2 weeks from your psych appointment. So if any of these apply to you, make sure you let the people know that you will need records from to have them ready. Best of luck to everybody out there, don't let the man get ya down!
                            Living the dream...

Comment

• How u guys doing? I'm going through the appeal process right now I hired a lawyer and I'm waiting on the Nypd to send out my paper work. The psychologist that I'm using told me he know why I was disqualified with out even having to see the paper work from the Nypd. And that's because I was in special ed and because I took Ritalin. Now hears the thing the last time I was on any meds was 9th grade the rest of hs and college I did not need to take anything. Will that work And my behalf? I've also have been working for the Nassau county police dept public safety unit for the last 4 years. What do u guys think? My lawyer and psychologist say I good case

Comment

• Originally posted by Machsmith87 View Post
                                How u guys doing? I'm going through the appeal process right now I hired a lawyer and I'm waiting on the Nypd to send out my paper work. The psychologist that I'm using told me he know why I was disqualified with out even having to see the paper work from the Nypd. And that's because I was in special ed and because I took Ritalin. Now hears the thing the last time I was on any meds was 9th grade the rest of hs and college I did not need to take anything. Will that work And my behalf? I've also have been working for the Nassau county police dept public safety unit for the last 4 years. What do u guys think? My lawyer and psychologist say I good case
                                Don't hold your breath. Psychiatric drug use is a huge red flag.
                                Let me know of the appeal does work out although I would advise you not to get your hopes up amd pursue other career options.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10410 users online. 443 members and 9967 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X