Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I apologize if I am in the wrong area or if this has already been said/asked, but I'm fairly new to the whole forum world.

My question: To be completely honest to get the best answers, I will do my best to explain everything. In 2008, I completed the NYPD hiring process. I was disqualified for psych. I was young and uneducated on the way the system worked and did not appeal the DQ. Since that, I have gone into the military and went back to school to obtain the college credits needed for the job. I currently have 65 college credits. I also obtained my EMT certification and have been working as EMT with steady work since January. Now, for the speed bumps I hit during this most recent hiring process (2012). During my time in the military, I attempted a transfer and I received false information that caused me to have a few black marks on my record. I have attempted to remedy this, but as anyone who is/was in the military knows, it's not the most helpful system in the world. Also, my first time around on the hiring process I had attempted to cover up a few things that I thought was gonna harm me. (Immaturity that I greatly regret and I never should have lied) This most recent hiring process, when I got the DQ, I took the appeal route. When my records were received by the psychologist I found, I was told that the reason for the DQ was due to unreliability because of my past (immaturity with jobs pre 2008), the black marks on my military record, and the fact that this time around I told the truth about everything instead of being immature and trying to cover things up (which caused an inconsistency of responses from last hiring process). With this info, what do think my options are at still getting the job? Do I just give it time? Do I try again right away? Am I f**ked and will never get the job? Basically, I have wanted to NYPD my entire life and it's the only job I want so any help/advice would greatly be appreciated.
    NYPD
    Exam 0140
    List: 3XXX

APD-5: Complete
    Medical: Complete (Medical Review)
    Written Psych: Incomplete
    Oral Psych: Incomplete
    Physical Agility: Incomplete
    Mini Medical: Incomplete
    Meet With Investigator:Incomplete

Army Military Police: 3.5 yrs

Comment

• You lied the first time and then the second time you told another story thereby exposing the lies? If I understand you correctly and this is the case then you will never in a million years be hired. Many things can be forgiven or even overlooked in the process. Getting caught in a lie is not and never will be one of them. However admirable it may be that you chose to come clean the 2nd time around, it doesn't change the fact that to the Department, you simply cannot be trusted.

Comment

• post deleted
        Last edited by Mavrick; 12-11-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyMP727 View Post
          Hey guys, I apologize if I am in the wrong area or if this has already been said/asked, but I'm fairly new to the whole forum world. .....
          Like others said you will probably continue to have issues with nypd due to the inconsistencies. In the future if you try for another agency you should consider being honest about your past experiences/life, how you learned from those and grew, and how that has lead you to citizen you now are who wants to enter the world of civil service for a police department. You cant change the past, but you can learn and move forward from it

Comment

• Anybody know how long psych review takes..I had seen a psych the past and had to send in forms proving I did..os this drounds for a dq?..nothings wrong with me lol
            exam 1313
            Apd5-8/2012
            Med-done
            Written Psych-done
            Oral psych-done
            Meet BI-done
            Social Media-done
            BI-done
            Jst-done-3:12
            Mini med-done

Jan 14-?

Comment

• Hey guys/girls new here to this thread. Well i think i will be placed on review for a stupid mistake on my part. Anyone ever get put on review and actually got the job??
              NYPD EXAM 1313
              LIST NO:1xxx
              APD 5: done
              MEDICAL: done
              PSYCH EXAM WRITTEN: done
              PSYCH ORAL INTERVIEW: done
              B.I: done
              J.S.T: done - Passed
              Mini-med: done

2014 Here we come

Comment

• Originally posted by sonyman View Post
                Hey guys/girls new here to this thread. Well i think i will be placed on review for a stupid mistake on my part. Anyone ever get put on review and actually got the job??
                Review, yes, people have gotten on the job after clearing a review, but it is unlikely. DQ,no but yes, I have not ever heard of someone who appealed a DQ to get on the job. I've heard of someone who won the psych DQ appeal, only to be DQed on a character investigation. Still, I am appealing my DQ w/the Sheriff's Office. At least it shows you are willing to fight for what you think is right.
                "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Double post
                  "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                  -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                    Review, yes, people have gotten on the job after clearing a review, but it is unlikely. DQ,no but yes, I have not ever heard of someone who appealed a DQ to get on the job. I've heard of someone who won the psych DQ appeal, only to be DQed on a character investigation. Still, I am appealing my DQ w/the Sheriff's Office. At least it shows you are willing to fight for what you think is right.
                    Thank you fullmetal. Good luck on your process
                    NYPD EXAM 1313
                    LIST NO:1xxx
                    APD 5: done
                    MEDICAL: done
                    PSYCH EXAM WRITTEN: done
                    PSYCH ORAL INTERVIEW: done
                    B.I: done
                    J.S.T: done - Passed
                    Mini-med: done

2014 Here we come

Comment

• I got called for a 2nd psych interview is this bad?
                      exam 1313
                      Apd5-8/2012
                      Med-done
                      Written Psych-done
                      Oral psych-done
                      Meet BI-done
                      Social Media-done
                      BI-done
                      Mini med-done

Jan 14-?

Comment

• Originally posted by delia123 View Post
                        I got called for a 2nd psych interview is this bad?
                        It's usually not a good thing.

Comment

• I think its because I've seen a psychiatrist in the past
                          exam 1313
                          Apd5-8/2012
                          Med-done
                          Written Psych-done
                          Oral psych-done
                          Meet BI-done
                          Social Media-done
                          BI-done
                          Mini med-done

Jan 14-?

Comment

• It's better than getting disqualified.

Comment

• So I had my 2nd interview and it went well..any idea on how long review takes
                              exam 1313
                              Apd5-8/2012
                              Med-done
                              Written Psych-done
                              Oral psych-done
                              Meet BI-done
                              Social Media-done
                              BI-done
                              Mini med-done

Jan 14-?

Comment

• Can take months.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10388 users online. 442 members and 9946 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X