Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
    I completely agree with you on that. In some cases, it's not even a matter of lying, it's just that the person who made it through never actually was diagnosed with the issue. They just lived with it, put on a big happy face for the interview and then slipped through. It's dangerous and also unfair to people like swimmer who do play by the rules and who do get help and meds for their illnesses. It's definitely not fair but it's just the way it is unfortunately.

As I'm a realist as well...

Now from a friend I've spoken to who "knows someone" big in the medical division says that you have to be off medications for at least year...and if you're okay, the MMPI-2 and the oral psychologist and BI will tell you. They look at your state now and over the past couple years, not something that happened when you were sixteen, unless you were threatening suicide or institutionalized.

Also, I'm going to go back to a neurologist to be rediagnosed...being I'm a 90's kid and in the 90's a lot of kids were on adderall since ADD/ADHD were overly diagnosed back then.
    Last edited by swimmer410; 10-04-2013, 04:08 PM.
    Hoping for January

Comment

• Originally posted by swimmer410 View Post
      As I'm a realist as well...

Now from a friend I've spoken to who "knows someone" big in the medical division says that you have to be off medications for at least year...and if you're okay, the MMPI-2 and the oral psychologist and BI will tell you. They look at your state now and over the past couple years, not something that happened when you were sixteen, unless you were threatening suicide or institutionalized.

Also, I'm going to go back to a neurologist to be rediagnosed...being I'm a 90's kid and in the 90's a lot of kids were on adderall since ADD/ADHD were overly diagnosed back then.

You do what you need to man. It was a BIG deal when I went through the process for seeing a grief counselor after my father passed away. A BIG deal. I'm not sure what you mean by "re-diagnosed", you were hit with the diagnosis in childhood and it has followed you all the way to college including the meds so good luck with that.

Comment

• I will never understand people who come on these forums for "advice" or "insight" and then argue with people when they don't get the response they are looking for. If you know so much already then why are you asking the question to begin with?

Comment

• Hi. No one is a doctor here.
          NYPD Exam:2311
          Let the process begin!

NCPD Exam:2000
          Score: Pending...

SCPD
          Score: Passed/No call

Suffolk Corrections:
          Score: Passed/No call yet

Suffolk Parks:
          Score: Passed/No call

Suffolk Sheriff:
          Score: Passed/No call yet

PAPD
          Score: Qualified.

NYSP
          Exam: Oct 12th 2013

Comment

You do what you need to man. It was a BIG deal when I went through the process for seeing a grief counselor after my father passed away. A BIG deal. I'm not sure what you mean by "re-diagnosed", you were hit with the diagnosis in childhood and it has followed you all the way to college including the meds so good luck with that.
            I have a friend who graduated the 2010 july academy and he was diagnosed with adhd and was in special ed the majority of his school years. He will have to send in the records and explain it simple as that. They will grill him hard about it and give him a 2nd interview.
            FDNY

Comment

• Okay he "will"?? Or he did? Is he on? Or waiting to get on? Because nothing you've said makes any sense. They will "grill him hard"? Lol why doesn't your friend come on here and tell his story? A 2nd interview is NOT a good thing lol. Learn how to use the correct grammatical tense when you're talking.

Will he bring his adderall to the academy with him? Or did he bring his adderall to the academy with him? I can't anymore lol.

Comment

Okay he "will"?? Or he did? Is he on? Or waiting to get on? Because nothing you've said makes any sense. They will "grill him hard"? Lol why doesn't your friend come on here and tell his story? A 2nd interview is NOT a good thing lol. Learn how to use the correct grammatical tense when you're talking.

Will he bring his adderall to the academy with him? Or did he bring his adderall to the academy with him? I can't anymore lol.
                He works in the 44th precinct and got otj in the july 2010 at 21 years of age. He is currently waiting to be promoted to Sargeant at 24 and a half years of age. Not to shabby for someone who spent majority of his school life in special ED. English is definitely not my subject I'll admit that lol. Im a math major
                FDNY

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxicity4 View Post
                  He works in the 44th precinct and got otj in the july 2010 at 21 years of age. He is currently waiting to be promoted to Sargeant at 24 and a half years of age. Not to shabby for someone who spent majority of his school life in special ED. English is definitely not my subject I'll admit that lol. Im a math major

Does he take medication? According to my boyfriend......(I'm a she...not a he) he asked around yesterday to a few cops in the sixth precinct and most of the guys he asked actually said they had ADD or knew someone on the job with it who takes mess and it wasn't much of a problem.
                  Hoping for January

Comment

• nyc2011 is the only one being a realist here. he has not sugarcoated any of this. sorry madam, NYPD can DQ you for anything especially with any of mental illness like ADD. NYPD can pick and chose their own candidates who are the best qualify that doesnt have any of type of this.
                    Last edited by Semper Fortis; 10-05-2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Semper Fortis View Post
                      nyc2011 is the only one being a realist here. he has not sugarcoated any of this. sorry madam, NYPD can DQ you for anything especially with any of mental illness like ADD. NYPD can pick and chose their own candidates who are the best qualify that doesnt have any of type of this.
                      Of course they can, I agree.
                      If you're well and mentally fit for the job they will probably not DQ you. I'll just wait and see. I've been doing a lot of asking around.
                      Hoping for January

Comment

• read this entire thread, you would get the insight of the psych process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Semper Fortis View Post
                          nyc2011 is the only one being a realist here. he has not sugarcoated any of this. sorry madam, NYPD can DQ you for anything especially with any of mental illness like ADD. NYPD can pick and chose their own candidates who are the best qualify that doesnt have any of type of this.
                          I agree with him too but it definitely doesn't rule you out 100%. Just makes it more difficult
                          FDNY

Comment

• Edited. Edited
                            Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 06-24-2015, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Guys, please don't shout out the commands that your friends work in..
                              New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
                                Can one call and ask the medical department if they will be DQed with a specific prescribed medication? or with they give that case by case basis answer?
                                Case by case, no two people have the same history.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10365 users online. 504 members and 9861 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X