Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
    You are in for an extremely long, drawn out, and maddening wait/process. The appeals process is notoriously difficult and long. (Years type long)
    Psych appeals can take a year- mine went smoothly (9-10 months, NYPD rescinded their DQ, very uncommon) .... Character appeals can take about the same. As far as being difficult....on the character. It's all about convincing civil service that your not a bad person and to look at things differently and that you moved on. It's really a case by case thing.

Psych is similar but requires an outside consultant to form an opinion and then an attorney is reccomwnded to contrast the two opinions and put stuff into perspective (an objective expert consultant can not directly do this)

These take longer if you choose to contest civil services decision.

Bottom line is, if you really want a job in LE/FD, you should make every effort to appeal. Anywhere you apply, they will see your DQ and be more likely to reflexively DQ you. If you withdraw preceding a final DQ, again they will see your file, read your case review sheet and see that you were pending DQ and you withdrew- really a no brainer that withdrawing isn't as effective of a strategy as they would lead you to believe.

You sit down with an Inv.- I guarantee your asked something along these lines....
    Q: you apply to any other agencies?
    A: yes, NYPD.
    Q: Why weren't you hired?
    A: I withdrew.
    Q: Why? (Uh oh, red flag!)
    A: .........
    Q: What was your BI's name?

A bit of a Friday morning rant lol
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Vista, did you ever get OTJ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LINY View Post
        Vista, did you ever get OTJ?
        +1

Comment

I don't think he did. It goes to show you just how difficult overcoming a DQ really is. He got hit with a Psych DQ. Spent "9-10 months" fighting that only to be hit with a Character review and I believe he is still in limbo on the background issue. If they don't want you, they aren't going to hire you. Attorney this, appeal that, listen, I believe everyone should get a fair shake and I would never tell someone not to file an appeal that they believe is necessary, I'm just telling you how difficult it is to overcome. I'm fairly certain Vista now has a job with the attorney who won his psych appeal. Lol. All that being said, Vista just wants to help candidates get past the roadblocks he himself has run into during the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
            I don't think he did. It goes to show you just how difficult overcoming a DQ really is. He got hit with a Psych DQ. Spent "9-10 months" fighting that only to be hit with a Character review and I believe he is still in limbo on the background issue. If they don't want you, they aren't going to hire you. Attorney this, appeal that, listen, I believe everyone should get a fair shake and I would never tell someone not to file an appeal that they believe is necessary, I'm just telling you how difficult it is to overcome. I'm fairly certain Vista now has a job with the attorney who won his psych appeal. Lol. All that being said, Vista just wants to help candidates get past the roadblocks he himself has run into during the process.
            you don't have to appeal just go through thr process again 3 years after your dq
            FDNY

Comment

• Guys i spoke to a civil services lawyer about this matter and he told me quote " If you see your self not getting hire by any LE agency because of NYPD psych dq then you need to search for professional help and sue the NYPD for impairing you of gaining employment and for disclosing confidential medical records to others then yourself. So don't go all crazy you CAN get hired else where as a Police Officer it just you need to play the cards right.
              Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• While I was in the process I met this cool guy in med that was later DQ because of some stupid [email protected]@@. He had a bachelor's degree in accounting, four year on a steady job but the only thing that was affecting his process was a arrest. He told me that he was arrested for urinating on a closed store gate, it should have been a ticket. He went threw central booking and when he went to court they were charging him on some animal cruelty case. District attorney said that he urinated on a dog and resisted arrest. He had to get a lawyer to fight the case and was able to get the surveillance video of the store threw the owner and won the case. He told me that he did urinate on the gate but not on a dog, that the dog that was sleeping on the other side of the gate. I love dogs and I have two of them but come on. A lot of people don't have the chance with the force because situation like this and others that are not a big deal. He is now suing NYPD because of his illegal arrest and also appealed his DQ. He took all his paper work to his BI but he didn't have a chance. He is now my accountant and continue working with the same company but he wants to become a PO. The process isn't that simple as they say in the recruitment page they are busting people ball for almost nothing. In the academy you will meet people that shouldn't be on the job and they are hired. God bless all and the best of luck...

Comment

• I dont get how a 15 min interview they can decide to DQ you or not
                  Exam # 3315
                  List # 7**
                  APD-5: ??
                  Medical: ??
                  Social Media Check: ??
                  Written Psych: ??
                  Oral Psych: ??
                  BI: ??
                  Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
                  JST:??
                  Mini med:??

Comment

• deleted post

Comment

• You think i'll get DQ'd, I was arrested last night (removes his sunglasses his wearing indoors) for being to good looking. OHHH.

Comment

• You can always reapply and try again.
                        FDNY

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                          You think i'll get DQ'd, I was arrested last night (removes his sunglasses his wearing indoors) for being to good looking. OHHH.

If you learned a lesson out of it. Then I don't see a problem.
                          NYPD: Got the email on 12/23/2015 at 7:11 PM

NYS trooper exam: 2013
                          NYS trooper score: 96.70%
                          List: 7xxx

Comment

• Guys... I wasn't actually arrested. just an FYI.

Comment

• I wasn't sure for a second.
                              NYPD: Got the email on 12/23/2015 at 7:11 PM

NYS trooper exam: 2013
                              NYS trooper score: 96.70%
                              List: 7xxx

Comment

Vista pretends to be otj but he runs a ad company for a law firm ... I think he is the son of the lawyer or someone who gets paid to come on this site and give out basic knowledge and impresses people with his knowledge.
                                "REMEMBER, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN" !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8802 users online. 445 members and 8357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X