Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nyc20133 View Post
    If dq from the process, can I re-do the whole process again.
    Yes you can.
    Somewhere working...

Comment

I hope you've taken a back-up exam.
      New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

I believe there is a time limit but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe another member has more insight.
        "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If your DQ, you SHOULD appeal. A DQ that is not challenged can forever haunt you. Dont let anyone tell you differently. Dont let anyone tell you that withdrawing before the DQ is final will benefit you. The paperwork is always there.

if you wanna prep for the psych or appeal one, check out the links in my signature
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Does anyone know how long the appeal process takes. I have a lawyer and psych going through the process. I was Dq'd in May of this year. I have everything submitted, met with the lawyer as well as psych on Long Island. Is there any chance I could get in to the January 2014?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
              Base on what they told me, you have sit down for 1 full year then try again, but from my experiences if you get dq one time and then come back a year letter for a other position they go look for your profile of the last psyc interview/exam to see why got dq and compare notes from new/old interview and exam you have to be consistent with your answers from the pass, they will look hard on your profile and ask same questions to see if same answers. You most likely 95% maybe dq again, depending on consistency/ reason as to why got last dq'ed.
              ok NYCopomts I see in a previous post somewhere that u said that u were being bashed because u had a GED during the nypd process.... I took the exam and I too have a GED and 60 college credits... i dropped out of high school dose that lower my chances or can it get me dq? Cause Luther then that my record is squeaky clean... Please respond as soon as u can... Thank you
              NYC correction officer exam 2338
              Medical:??
              Written:??
              Oral:??
              Agility:??
              Pre-Employment:??

Comment

• Originally posted by Ten-4 View Post
                if you're DQ go take a new exam and try again and take few other exams while you're at it just in case you need something to work with while on review etc....
                p.s. no offense to anyone but if you get DQ'ed its because we do not want "cannibal cop or fantasy cop" as our partners.... lol
                Well guess what bro (you still get them) lol passing the psych. Also a guy like my self will try it best to always stay low key because we already have a target on us if we fu#K up. So re-think your comment my friend because i know for a fact i be a great civilian PO, am already a Military PO and i am great at it not good !!great !!. Why ? Because i love this job.
                Last edited by nycapomts; 08-08-2013, 08:35 PM.
                Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Originally posted by JFYANKS428 View Post
                  Does anyone know how long the appeal process takes. I have a lawyer and psych going through the process. I was Dq'd in May of this year. I have everything submitted, met with the lawyer as well as psych on Long Island. Is there any chance I could get in to the January 2014?
                  You are in for an extremely long, drawn out, and maddening wait/process. The appeals process is notoriously difficult and long. (Years type long)

Comment

• Hello,

I did my oral psych with NYPD last year in November, Iwas DQ'd and now I am in the middle of appealing it. I've also recently started the NYC Deputy Sheriff process, does anyone know if I will be granted a new oral psych or will they just pull my old file. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by haoken View Post
                      Hello,

I did my oral psych with NYPD last year in November, Iwas DQ'd and now I am in the middle of appealing it. I've also recently started the NYC Deputy Sheriff process, does anyone know if I will be granted a new oral psych or will they just pull my old file. Thank you.
                      Yes you should. They way it's supposed to go is that you are supposed to get evaluated psychologically for each civil service title you are up for. So, you should get one for Deputy Sheriff and another separate one for Police Officer. Just like you would receive a separate psych for DOC, Traffic, or SSA based on different criteria.

However, the psych criteria for PO and Deputy Sheriff is roughly the same, mostly due to firearms and arrest powers. NYPD psych services already has your file and can compare both files if they wanted (not sure if they do or not, or if it's legal, but they have the files). Brace yourself my friend, the odds are stacked against you. Good Luck.
                      -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He is right ^^^ they will pull the old psych up and compare it to your new psych ask you the same questions. The only way this wont happen if you wait like 2 years period without processing with any agency that does the psych with NYPD. DEP, Sheriff do it with NYPD they don't have there own psych. Good luck.
                        Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• POst deleted. WOmp WOmp.
                          Last edited by haoken; 10-19-2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Question if you get dq'd and dont appeal can u reprocess on another exam or will u automatically get dqd again?
                            FDNY

Comment

• Originally posted by haoken View Post
                              So there is pretty much no point of going through with this process at all. womp womp
                              I didn't say that. But you will have a tough time. You need to make that decision on your own. There is always hope.
                              -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxicity4 View Post
                                Question if you get dq'd and dont appeal can u reprocess on another exam or will u automatically get dqd again?
                                I think there is something around a 5 year period before you can reapply a DQ but I am not 100% sure. I would try to call someone down at psych services(good luck with that) or maybe candidate relations for something official.
                                -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5640 users online. 250 members and 5390 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X