Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just looked at that lawsuit you referred to. If the allegations are true than that it is truly a shame. Veterans should be given type priority for these jobs. I see that you were or are in the military. Thank you for your service and I'm sure that you'll find yourself employed by a great agency soon enough!

Comment

• thanks for your kind words!!!! unfortunate the liberal movement in this country deems combat vets as high risk type of people...
      NYPD EXAM#-1309 LIST-5xx

APD5 -
      MEDICAL-
      WRITTEN PSYCH -
      ORAL PSYCH - 05/06/13 passed
      B.I MEETING -
      JST -
      MINI MED - pending

BORDER PATROL - pending
      CBP OFFICER - pending
      SUFFOLK COUNTY P.D - pending
      WESTCHESTER COUNTY C.O - pending
      ROCKLAND COUNTY P.D - pending

" THE MAN WHO SLEEPS ON THE FLOOR NEVER FALLS OUT OF BED" - UNKNOWN

Comment

• Originally posted by tallkid View Post
        Just looked at that lawsuit you referred to. If the allegations are true than that it is truly a shame. Veterans should be given type priority for these jobs. I see that you were or are in the military. Thank you for your service and I'm sure that you'll find yourself employed by a great agency soon enough!
        I think veterans should get equal opportunity but not priority. make it count for college, give the extra points that's all fine but If they start giving veterans PRIORITY then you start breaking civil service laws.

No offense to veterans...
        Last edited by JOEQUEENSNY; 06-05-2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post
          I think veterans should get equal opportunity but not priority. make it count for college, give the extra points that's all fine but If they start giving veterans PRIORITY then you start breaking civil service laws.

Agreed we are and all should be equal in terms of civil service jobs. No preference should be given to anyone.
          Somewhere working...

Comment

• i'm curious but i heard the psych test asks you some weird questions. That cop who was found out to be a cannibal. how did he make it through? i also heard they don't care who you know, you fail or get DQed your done

Comment

• Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post

Technically, giving points is giving a priority. But I think that combat veterans who have PTSD do not
              belong on a job like this without extensive testing. I think they deserve the world and I they have my utmost respect, but I don't think they should be a cop until they are proven to not be a liability.

There are hundreds of cases of PTSD related suicides and a few dozen murder cases that may be attributed to PTSD. Again, I'm not against equal opportunity, but if a service member is diagnosed with PTSD, they should have to go through more elaborate testing.

Comment

• Hey guys I need some advice with something...

2 weeks ago I was told that I had an open container ticket somewhere in the city but my investigators Supervisor said that they couldn't find out where it was. Long story short it was identity theft, my ID was used back in 2008, I had supposedly gotten a ticket and didn't even know about it. Not to mention I was at work when the offense took place. It's since been taken care of, dismissed and the proper paperwork has been filed.

So, since then I got called today to go back in for another Psych interview Monday because I was on review pending this finding. Im on review because of this, my investigation is all complete.

What should i expect during this second interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by TM3584 View Post
                  Hey guys I need some advice with something...

2 weeks ago I was told that I had an open container ticket somewhere in the city but my investigators Supervisor said that they couldn't find out where it was. Long story short it was identity theft, my ID was used back in 2008, I had supposedly gotten a ticket and didn't even know about it. Not to mention I was at work when the offense took place. It's since been taken care of, dismissed and the proper paperwork has been filed.

So, since then I got called today to go back in for another Psych interview Monday because I was on review pending this finding. Im on review because of this, my investigation is all complete.

It's basically the same as the first. They may ask a few targeted questions related to a discrepancy from the first interview and written. Be as accurate as you can with the questions.
                  "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                  -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hey guys I need some advice with something...

This might be good news for you. Good luck buddy.
                    New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• Had my 2nd interview today..felt like it went well but who knows with them. Psych doc said they will let me know, and said good luck.

i hope i passed. waiting game suckss

Comment

Had my 2nd interview today..felt like it went well but who knows with them. Psych doc said they will let me know, and said good luck.

Good luck dude
                        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
                          A NYPD psych evaluation is really a no brainier. you will fail if you say something and then change your answer; basically if you lie about something. if you have alcohol related problems like summonses or anything along those lines you will also fail. any felony charges you will fail, just like any domestic violence charges will DQ you. to put it in simpler terms if you are honest and straight forward and assuming you have no major violations or crimes in your past you should be good to go. everyone's case is different and results will vary.
                          So for an open container summons I received like 4 years ago will cause me to fail? I've never been in trouble ever in my life. That was the only time I've ever had a problem in my life.

Comment

Had my 2nd interview today..felt like it went well but who knows with them. Psych doc said they will let me know, and said good luck.

Good luck man! Waiting must be nerve-wracking but optimism is key.
                            NYPD Exam 2344 -- 06/2012 || List# 1XXX -- 01/2013
                            APD 5: - 5/2014 | Medical: 10/14 - Passed | Written Psych: 10/14 - Completed
                            Oral Psych: 11/14 - Passed | BI Meeting: 01/15 - Completed
                            JST: 04/15 - Completed | Mini Med: 04/15 - Completed || GOT THE EMAIL! 07/02/15

Comment

• Originally posted by NYYankeesFan View Post
                              So for an open container summons I received like 4 years ago will cause me to fail? I've never been in trouble ever in my life. That was the only time I've ever had a problem in my life.
                              No one can answer if you will fail. Some people have passed with worse. Some people have failed for less. It's a complete psychological examination and a simple summons can hurt you. Be prepared to explain the summons in detail, as well as just about every aspect of you life.
                              -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If dq from the process, can I re-do the whole process again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9361 users online. 440 members and 8921 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X