Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
    Did you go through the process, how'd it go? I'm really scared and nervous about that portion. So what did you report on your written psych, and or APD?
    They ask you on the written psychological exam yes. Usually this whole add/precribed pills garbage begins in the bogus public school system. So I would'nt deny it if I were you. For me I had to get paperwork sent in then I got called in for a 2nd interview to get some clarity on the records and on a few questions that the psychologist was unclear on. It also helped that I went to college and stop using that garbage before college and that I never had any summonses or moving violations. Now make sure you get your NYPD psychologists business card. A lot of people on here don't do that. The psychologist and I communicated on the reg. And for your summonses get those dispositions and a good explaination. Good luck sir
    FDNY

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Halo2 View Post
      Ok let me help you out. Get in touch with those counslers, psychiatrists or whoever. Whenever you get your oral psychological appointment have them the psychiatrists counslers or whoever seal and mail it out in this type of format
      Your psych name
      Psych Address
      NYPD Psych Department 16th Floor
      1 LEFRAK CITY PLAZA
      59-17 JUNCTION BLVD., CORONA, N.Y. 11368
      Candidate for Police Officer, Exam 2326 list xxxx
      Name: police seeker
      Oral Psych Date ( 3/3/2014)
      Personal and Confidential
      Psychological services is on the 15th floor

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
        So what you're saying is as long as I don't say anything, they won't know? I think it's somewhat unfair to crucify someone for going to a doctor when you're 11. My mother said let's go I went. How did I know what I wanted to do with my life at 11. I just obeyed my mother. Anyway... as long as I don't report it they won't know correct?
        Bad idea friend. Your trips to the psychiatrist and your subsequent prescriptions for psychiatric drugs will be discovered by psych services and your BI once they receive their response from the inquiry they make to the NYS Office of Mental Health and Hygiene (which you are required to sign a release for). If they see you've omitted the information, you'll be labeled a liar and DQ'd. Oh and FYI, they never believe you when you say you "forgot". Especially when the BI uses other unconventional means of obtaining background information (like looking at web forums like these). Not trying to be an a $ $ but just putting it out there for your info. It's always better to play the hand you have than to create one that's not real.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
          Bad idea friend. Your trips to the psychiatrist and your subsequent prescriptions for psychiatric drugs will be discovered by psych services and your BI once they receive their response from the inquiry they make to the NYS Office of Mental Health and Hygiene (which you are required to sign a release for). If they see you've omitted the information, you'll be labeled a liar and DQ'd. Oh and FYI, they never believe you when you say you "forgot". Especially when the BI uses other unconventional means of obtaining background information (like looking at web forums like these). Not trying to be an a $ $ but just putting it out there for your info. It's always better to play the hand you have than to create one that's not real.
          would you rathered be labeled a person who failed the Psych because you didn't meet there requirements.. or be labeled a person who knowingly lies to a PD

          Comment


          • so i need to get in contact with psych services asap. Make a long story short i been on review for about 2 months or so now. The psych never told me she needed any paperwork from me. i spoke to my investigator last week and he telling me i need to give her paperwork now. I told him she said she didnt need anything. He said she told him differently. I asked what paperwork is it. He said i have to get in touch with her myself smh. I been calling 718 760 7553 all week from about 7am-10 am when i know they close the lines. Still no answer and my inestigator has been MiA. im trying to get things sqaured away so hopefully july can be a possibility for me. Any help would be appreciated
            Exam: 1302
            List: 10xx
            Medical: Completed
            Psych Written: Completed
            Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
            BI: Completed
            Social media: Completed
            Jst:
            MiniMed:

            July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

            Comment


            • Life is comprised of a series of learning experiences. There are many times when missteps and circumstances happen beyond our control, but as we grow into mature responsible individuals we learn to use them to better ourselves. Part of this is acknowledging that there was an issue in our past, serious or not, and coming to terms with reality;Not all past discrepancies define who we are but who we were. People change over the course of time, some for better some for worse, and it is evidenced most clearly by our actions. After all, how many 'great' people that have been the cornerstone of our society, have had a perfect life? Furthermore, telling the truth is paramount in showing one is confident and secure in his or herself, and provides the basis for a successful relationship and/or career. Don't tell the truth out of fear of being caught, but because its the only choice you may have if you want to live an honest life. If one is not truthful with others he is not truthful with himself, and is not suitable for careers such as these. You will have a chance to explain your past to the psych doctor. No two people have the same life and as a result, no two circumstances are the same. If you have a blemish in your past be straight forward, to the point and explain how you've changed, not only verbally, but through the way you currently live your life. The worst that can happen is you don't get the job. Understand that disappointment is guaranteed before success and live your life to the fullest since you may have another calling somewhere else. Good luck to you all and God bless.

              - D

              Comment


              • If you never saw a psychologist and never took any meds what are some reasons for DQ.......I read a lot threads about people being DQ'ed but i doubt that all of those saw a psychologist
                Exam # 3315
                List # 7**
                APD-5: ??
                Medical: ??
                Social Media Check: ??
                Written Psych: ??
                Oral Psych: ??
                BI: ??
                Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
                JST:??
                Mini med:??

                Comment


                • I got called in to take my agility test since I took that test dose that mean I'm still on review?

                  Comment


                  • Hey everyone what do you guys think about this :
                    I have a clean record the only negative thing is that i failed a polygraph a few months ago for the border patrol... Do you think the psych will dq me for that alone?
                    NYPD EXAM#-1309 LIST-5xx

                    APD5 -
                    MEDICAL-
                    WRITTEN PSYCH -
                    ORAL PSYCH - 05/06/13 passed
                    B.I MEETING -
                    JST -
                    MINI MED - pending

                    BORDER PATROL - pending
                    CBP OFFICER - pending
                    SUFFOLK COUNTY P.D - pending
                    WESTCHESTER COUNTY C.O - pending
                    ROCKLAND COUNTY P.D - pending


                    " THE MAN WHO SLEEPS ON THE FLOOR NEVER FALLS OUT OF BED" - UNKNOWN

                    Comment


                    • Hey man. There was a poster on these forums that had the exact same problem with the border patrol. He was still able to get on the job. I hear a lot of people get jammed up with the Poly for border patrol.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by chris11b View Post
                        Hey everyone what do you guys think about this :
                        I have a clean record the only negative thing is that i failed a polygraph a few months ago for the border patrol... Do you think the psych will dq me for that alone?
                        You will be on psych review, just like me.

                        Basically the DR will tell you to have CBP fax(or mail) the polygraph results directly to them. I don't think they put too much faith in it but I think they just need it so it's known and not hidden from them.

                        I'm still on review, hopefully CBP will fax it this week... I had to submit a FOIA request online with the CBP for this

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                          You will be on psych review, just like me.

                          Basically the DR will tell you to have CBP fax(or mail) the polygraph results directly to them. I don't think they put too much faith in it but I think they just need it so it's known and not hidden from them.

                          I'm still on review, hopefully CBP will fax it this week... I had to submit a FOIA request online with the CBP for this
                          So what does psych services exactly want? They just want CBP to fax them saying so and so was disqualified for failing our polygraph? If I recall correctly, the guy who had this same issue, was given a hard time by CBP in regards to them releasing any info. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences with the polygraph. Even when you're honest it can still pick up a false positive. Best of luck to you guys!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tallkid View Post
                            So what does psych services exactly want? They just want CBP to fax them saying so and so was disqualified for failing our polygraph? If I recall correctly, the guy who had this same issue, was given a hard time by CBP in regards to them releasing any info. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences with the polygraph. Even when you're honest it can still pick up a false positive. Best of luck to you guys!
                            I don't know yet. I assume just something official stating the reasons. Also she asked me why I failed, I told her because the machine said I was being dishonest. I think she just wants to know if you will tell the truth.

                            I will say its been a pain in the a** to get a hold of someone to tell me what to do...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                              I don't know yet. I assume just something official stating the reasons. Also she asked me why I failed, I told her because the machine said I was being dishonest. I think she just wants to know if you will tell the truth.

                              I will say its been a pain in the a** to get a hold of someone to tell me what to do...
                              I can imagine man. I really don't trust those machines. I have never taken one but I've read a lot of stories about them. It just picks up your body responses. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I recall reading that 60% of applicants for CBP fail the Poly. That's crazy.

                              Comment


                              • there is also a class action law-suite pending right now against CBP for military discrimination.... google the case...
                                NYPD EXAM#-1309 LIST-5xx

                                APD5 -
                                MEDICAL-
                                WRITTEN PSYCH -
                                ORAL PSYCH - 05/06/13 passed
                                B.I MEETING -
                                JST -
                                MINI MED - pending

                                BORDER PATROL - pending
                                CBP OFFICER - pending
                                SUFFOLK COUNTY P.D - pending
                                WESTCHESTER COUNTY C.O - pending
                                ROCKLAND COUNTY P.D - pending


                                " THE MAN WHO SLEEPS ON THE FLOOR NEVER FALLS OUT OF BED" - UNKNOWN

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8181 users online. 445 members and 7736 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X