Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
    I started applying for NYPD cadet - on review
    then NYC DEP Police - On review
    finally NYPD P.O - On review and then 4 months later psych DQ.
    At this point for your situation, I would strongly recommend an attorney.
    Exam: 1315
    APD5: submitted

Comment

yea im starting to realize now that applying for the cadets was a big mistake now when i go for my psych if one answer out of the 1,o00 questions is different im going to get put on review FML..i cant remmeber all those answers!
      Exam: 1302
      List: 10xx
      Medical: Completed
      Psych Written: Completed
      Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
      BI: Completed
      Social media: Completed
      Jst:
      MiniMed:

July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

Comment

Originally posted by Ny sports View Post
        At this point for your situation, I would strongly recommend an attorney.

Yeah i am looking in to it bout i can't afford it right now bout i see what i can do. I ask my psychologies about his opinion and my former professor that is a criminal Justice lawyer see if he can help me.
        Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

Originally posted by laronb17 View Post
          yea im starting to realize now that applying for the cadets was a big mistake now when i go for my psych if one answer out of the 1,o00 questions is different im going to get put on review FML..i cant remmeber all those answers!
          try your best to remmeber, will attack you so keep cool and try your best.

Comment

damn that sux, the way those test work is based on honesty though. The mmpi2 is made up of so many questions that its pretty hard to lie on it and remember your lies throughout all 500 or so questions. The best way to pass those test is to be honest and learn how to explain any issues they have with your answers. My experience with it is that I'm a pysch major and we learned about the test, the way its scored, its flaws, etc. Also you can take it online to practice, if you need a link ask
            NYPD Exam 6093(expired ) 1302 List 1xxx
            Apd5- submitted 2/2012
            Medical- DONE
            Psych Written- DONE
            Psych Oral- DONE
            Background- In process
            JST- not yet

Fdny 2000- score 104 list 3xx

Comment

Originally posted by groki21 View Post
              damn that sux, the way those test work is based on honesty though. The mmpi2 is made up of so many questions that its pretty hard to lie on it and remember your lies throughout all 500 or so questions. The best way to pass those test is to be honest and learn how to explain any issues they have with your answers. My experience with it is that I'm a pysch major and we learned about the test, the way its scored, its flaws, etc. Also you can take it online to practice, if you need a link ask
              pass that link bro l0l..i need to refresh myself. i remember one question in detail, "which is worse, murder or rape.." i honestly cant remmeber what i put during my 1st written psych...i pray i pick th esame answer this time around cuz i know thats a question there going to look at if the naswers different l0l
              Exam: 1302
              List: 10xx
              Medical: Completed
              Psych Written: Completed
              Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
              BI: Completed
              Social media: Completed
              Jst:
              MiniMed:

July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

Comment

pass that link bro l0l..i need to refresh myself. i remember one question in detail, "which is worse, murder or rape.." i honestly cant remmeber what i put during my 1st written psych...i pray i pick th esame answer this time around cuz i know thats a question there going to look at if the naswers different l0l
                Its probably not going to be the same one you took a while ago, but this will give you an idea.
                http://geisel.narod.ru/mmpi2.htm
                Apd5- submitted 2/2012
                Medical- DONE
                Psych Written- DONE
                Psych Oral- DONE
                Background- In process
                JST- not yet

Comment

Great link!
                  13O2 Aug '10
                  List: <1000

Comment

Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
                    Great link!
                    no problem, make sure you check their evaluation of your answers after you take it on the bottom
                    Apd5- submitted 2/2012
                    Medical- DONE
                    Psych Written- DONE
                    Psych Oral- DONE
                    Background- In process
                    JST- not yet

Comment

Oh yea. Done and done. Not that it means much. A trained psychologist has to interpret it and even if you are, you don't know for which scores NYPD is looking. You can't really "fail" an MMPI-2 in the clinical sense. It's a treatment tool, which is why I find it silly that NYPD uses it to measure a candidates mental worth in one-sitting but I guess that's why they allow appeals...
                      13O2 Aug '10
                      List: <1000

Comment

Well for me it was not the MMP-2 or what not it was what i put down in the paper work before you take the test that ask you about school,pr-air counselling and work history etc. they harmer me on fact i got my GED instead get my HS Diploma and why did i drop out of HS, it was mad crap nonsenses.

Comment

Anyone has any updates to their DQ process ?, for me I am still waiting for them to send over my paper work to my Psych. ( 2 weeks so far )
                          NYPD 8329 / XXXX
                          Medical: Pass | Written Psych: Complete | Oral: (DQ for now, Appealing) | JST:? | BI: ? | Mini Med: ?

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX
                          Medical: | Written Psych: | Oral: | JST: | BI: | Mini Med:

NYDOC 8135/XXXX
                          Orientation: 7/13 | Medical: 8/13 Pass | Triage: 9/20 Done | Written Psych: 9/20 Done | Oral: 9/25 Done | Agility: 10/20 Passed | PE: 11/15

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

i called my BI she said i got oral psych review.... i never had problem in school and college, I never drink, i never had criminal summons, i never got arrest, even i don't have parking summons, i never had problem with my jobs, i m with a same girl 9 years, i live with my parents. i am NYPD auxiliary police officer about to be 5 years.. ONLY THE PROBLEM I SEE IS I HAVE 5 TRAFFIC SUMMONS in 10 years. FIRST One for no seat belt 2nd one for no left turn 3th ONE for unsafely line crosses. 4th one for speeding and 5th one for crossing school stop sign this summons still in pending… i think i am review because of Traffic summons.

WHAT SHOULD I DO HOW CAN I FIND OUT THE REASON FOR PSYCH REVIEW?

Exam # 8132
                            List # 5**
                            Medical: Passed
                            Written psych: done
                            Oral Psych: on review
                            JST: MAr 31
                            Last edited by Sha; 03-06-2012, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sha View Post
                              i called my BI she said i got oral psych review.... i never had problem in school and college, I never drink, i never had criminal summons, i never got arrest, even i don't have parking summons, i never had problem with my jobs, i m with a same girl 9 years, i live with my parents. i am NYPD auxiliary police officer about to be 5 years.. ONLY THE PROBLEM I SEE IS I HAVE 5 TRAFFIC SUMMONS in 10 years. FIRST One for no seat belt 2nd one for no left turn 3th ONE for unsafely line crosses. 4th one for speeding and 5th one for crossing school stop sign this summons still in pending… i think i am review because of Traffic summons.

WHAT SHOULD I DO HOW CAN I FIND OUT THE REASON FOR PSYCH REVIEW?
                              First of all dont be worried, even though your on review you could get another interview. But worst case scenario you get DQ. Your traffic violations / summons shows a pattern ( this is from an unprofessional view point ) I could be wrong and there is something else that placed you on review. There is someone on this forum named DICE711, you can seek a more professional on the job experience answer.

...also for that last summons, you should of taken care of that ASAP before meeting with the Psych and if you do get another interview, take care of it.
                              NYPD 8329 / XXXX
                              Medical: Pass | Written Psych: Complete | Oral: (DQ for now, Appealing) | JST:? | BI: ? | Mini Med: ?

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX

NYDOC 8135/XXXX
                              Orientation: 7/13 | Medical: 8/13 Pass | Triage: 9/20 Done | Written Psych: 9/20 Done | Oral: 9/25 Done | Agility: 10/20 Passed | PE: 11/15

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

Originally posted by stilltwo
                                Question for you guys on psych review, say you do get put on review for whatever reason, is it possible to withdraw from the process before getting dq'd the reason I ask is because I know getting dq'd from the NYPD process effects trying to get on with any other type of law enforcement like say NYC corrections
                                I think you can withdraw at anytime during the process, dont know the phone # but if you alread have BI talk to him/her. Think about before you make that decision. Good luck with everything !
                                NYPD 8329 / XXXX

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX

NYDOC 8135/XXXX

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5779 users online. 153 members and 5626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X