Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arsenalpd View Post
    That's Good bro i know a lot of people who failed some departments and today are on new ones. Do you know why you got DQ'd? My friend got his oral in the end of the month hes worried.

Keep us uptaded!
    Thanks bro. Yeah i have heard the same and i have buddy that he is Port Authority PD and NYPD dq him, he said it was the best that had happen to him he love the job and if NYPD would have taken him he wont be able to jump to the PAPD.
    Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Question: I haven't even started the process yet, but the psych portion is the only portion that makes me nervous. When I was around 11 - 16 in that range not entirely sure I went to a psychiatrist, and was prescribed 30MG of Adderall. I followed all the instructions and such, and the doctor and I decided I no longer need to be medicated,as it didn't effect me in anyway. I know NYPD is quick to hit with the review if you saw a doctor. Is this going to be a hang up for me?

I also have 3 summons when I was 19 I got them for speeding. It was just youthful ignorance. I'm not even the same person I'm a 23 year old man now. Looking for a dream job.

Thanks guys!
      Last edited by PoliceSeeker; 04-19-2013, 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
        Question: I haven't even started the process yet, but the psych portion is the only portion that makes me nervous. When I was around 11 - 16 in that range not entirely sure I went to a psychiatrist, and was prescribed 30MG of Adderall. I followed all the instructions and such, and the doctor and I decided I no longer need to be medicated,as it didn't effect me in anyway. I know NYPD is quick to hit with the review if you saw a doctor. Is this going to be a hang up for me?
        They allow you about two weeks after the oral to send off the medical release forms to the doctor in order for him/her to mail/fax them back in time. The only hang up is the Psych people will not inform you when (or even if) they get your records on time so you will have to follow up yourself with a call to the Doctor and Psych Services. It is all stated clearly in the forms they give you.
        Exam 1302 List: XXXX

Comment

Question: I haven't even started the process yet, but the psych portion is the only portion that makes me nervous. When I was around 11 - 16 in that range not entirely sure I went to a psychiatrist, and was prescribed 30MG of Adderall. I followed all the instructions and such, and the doctor and I decided I no longer need to be medicated,as it didn't effect me in anyway. I know NYPD is quick to hit with the review if you saw a doctor. Is this going to be a hang up for me?

I also have 3 summons when I was 19 I got them for speeding. It was just youthful ignorance. I'm not even the same person I'm a 23 year old man now. Looking for a dream job.

Thanks guys!
          When you get an appointment for your physc go to the doc you saw and get your medical records for the physc and take them with you so you can give it to nypd for review. But you have a very much long explaining to do. Get ready for 3 hour interview.
          "REMEMBER, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN" !

Comment

• what kind of questions do they ask?
            Last edited by Semper Fi 88; 01-12-2014, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys!
              you think that's bad??? I was put on anti depressents when I was 12 for about 6 months because my dad was seriously ill and always dying. The psychiatrist that prescribed it to me passed away.. so all his medical records were gone... and the pharmary that prescribed them went out of business. They just assumed that ive been on anti depressents since I was 12 because there is no record of me coming off it. The appeal took so long for this that the time they were done.. my list expired

Comment

• Anything that has to do with counseling and or previously consulted a psych doctor IT WILL BE LOOK AT BY NYPD AND WILL BE INVESTIGATED BY THE PSYCH SERVICES.
                Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• If its something small, like seeing a doctor as a child once or twice and you get a letter saying there are no more records, it's not a big deal. It becomes problematic when there are multiple sessions and medications involved.
                  Exam: 1313/XX
                  APD 5: Done
                  Medical: Done
                  Social Media: Done
                  Written Psych: Done
                  Oral Psych: Done - PASSED!
                  Met with BI: Done
                  JST: Done
                  Mini-medical: Done

January 2014 here I come!

Comment

Thanks guys!
                    I didn't add it was just for ADD, I wasn't able to sit still in school I've always been active. Also thank you all for the feedback! Now it's almost a guarantee that i'll be put on review correct? Or if I explain it well is it still passable?

EDIT: Also if you don't disclose that you've seen a doctor, is it possible they can find out still? I don't see how they would.. just a thought, I would still tell them.
                    Last edited by PoliceSeeker; 04-22-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I didn't add it was just for ADD, I wasn't able to sit still in school I've always been active. Also thank you all for the feedback! Now it's almost a guarantee that i'll be put on review correct? Or if I explain it well is it still passable?

EDIT: Also if you don't disclose that you've seen a doctor, is it possible they can find out still? I don't see how they would.. just a thought, I would still tell them.
                      If they know you have seen a Doctor or other counselor, and they ask you for records of such, then it is pretty certain that you will be put on review. However, if you do not put it in your APD-5 or anywhere else prior to meeting with Psych Services then it is unlikely that they will ask for records.
                      Exam 1302 List: XXXX

Comment

• Originally posted by Creel View Post
                        If they know you have seen a Doctor or other counselor, and they ask you for records of such, then it is pretty certain that you will be put on review. However, if you do not put it in your APD-5 or anywhere else prior to meeting with Psych Services then it is unlikely that they will ask for records.
                        So what you're saying is as long as I don't say anything, they won't know? I think it's somewhat unfair to crucify someone for going to a doctor when you're 11. My mother said let's go I went. How did I know what I wanted to do with my life at 11. I just obeyed my mother. Anyway... as long as I don't report it they won't know correct?

Comment

So what you're saying is as long as I don't say anything, they won't know? I think it's somewhat unfair to crucify someone for going to a doctor when you're 11. My mother said let's go I went. How did I know what I wanted to do with my life at 11. I just obeyed my mother. Anyway... as long as I don't report it they won't know correct?
                          Ok let me help you out. Get in touch with those counslers, psychiatrists or whoever. Whenever you get your oral psychological appointment have them the psychiatrists counslers or whoever seal and mail it out in this type of format
                          Your psych name
                          Psych Address
                          NYPD Psych Department 16th Floor
                          1 LEFRAK CITY PLAZA
                          59-17 JUNCTION BLVD., CORONA, N.Y. 11368
                          Candidate for Police Officer, Exam 2326 list xxxx
                          Name: police seeker
                          Oral Psych Date ( 3/3/2014)
                          Personal and Confidential
                          FDNY

Comment

• Don't sweat it I was prescribed some crap for add and I was 7 years old. You'll probably get called in for a second interview to get some clarity on the paperwork.. Good luck
                            FDNY

Comment

• Originally posted by Halo2 View Post
                              Don't sweat it I was prescribed some crap for add and I was 7 years old. You'll probably get called in for a second interview to get some clarity on the paperwork.. Good luck
                              Did you go through the process, how'd it go? I'm really scared and nervous about that portion. So what did you report on your written psych, and or APD?

Comment

They ask questions and you answer and if you get caught lying you're pretty much done. Hmm just say you don't remember it was too long ago.
                                "REMEMBER, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN" !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7998 users online. 450 members and 7548 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X