Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hopefully I get a disposition back soon. I've sent in my paperwork twice now and I'm still on review.

    Comment


    • guys i have a question. i was arrested one time because a witness called the police stating he saw a kid with a gun. it turned out to be a toy gun when police searched and found it on him. unfortunately i was around and i got described also so i was taking in. they try to charge me with cpw4 but i pleaded not guilty. case was dismissed and nothing went on my record. would i be disqualify for this?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by iwillmakeit View Post
        guys i have a question. i was arrested one time because a witness called the police stating he saw a kid with a gun. it turned out to be a toy gun when police searched and found it on him. unfortunately i was around and i got described also so i was taking in. they try to charge me with cpw4 but i pleaded not guilty. case was dismissed and nothing went on my record. would i be disqualify for this?
        In my personal opinion, no. I can only go by other anecdotes, but being that the case was dismissed and you weren't involved, then there shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure they'll bring it up though.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by iwillmakeit View Post
          guys i have a question. i was arrested one time because a witness called the police stating he saw a kid with a gun. it turned out to be a toy gun when police searched and found it on him. unfortunately i was around and i got described also so i was taking in. they try to charge me with cpw4 but i pleaded not guilty. case was dismissed and nothing went on my record. would i be disqualify for this?

          my friend whose in the academy told me they give you a chance to explain things as long you can explain what happened and have some type of paperwork to prove it you're fine. My friend had therapy when he was younger due to a family members death he went got papers explained what happened and today hes in the academy. as long you don't have any "serious" mental problems or took heavy meds you should be fine. But its my opinion. Hope this helped!
          Exam # 3315
          List # 7**
          APD-5: ??
          Medical: ??
          Social Media Check: ??
          Written Psych: ??
          Oral Psych: ??
          BI: ??
          Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
          JST:??
          Mini med:??

          Comment


          • thanx for the help guys. i hope i can make it this been a dream of mines and i am currently in my third year of college and graduate 2014 with a bachelors degree. that is the only time i been arrested and it never had nothing to do with me. i will explain to them that although it had nothing to do with me it was immature of me to stay around enough to be described because i heard they like to hear how you learned from the situation

            Comment


            • quick question, if someone gets DQ'd, is that a department file or is it released citywide?
              Last edited by 69Camaro; 04-14-2013, 11:12 AM. Reason: mistake
              NYC'S BOLDEST

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 69Camaro View Post
                quick question, if someone gets DQ'd, is that a department file or is it released citywide?
                If you see yourself not being able to get hire else where because of NYPD dq, they can get sued by you. It called in-pairing you from gaining employment by disclosing confidential medical records.
                Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

                Comment


                • Hey guys, I took my oral psych today I was wondering if anyone knew how we would be contacted with the results if I passed or failed? I have to send them some medical paperwork from my doctor but I have my appointment with my investigator next week.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cclass0623 View Post
                    Hey guys, I took my oral psych today I was wondering if anyone knew how we would be contacted with the results if I passed or failed? I have to send them some medical paperwork from my doctor but I have my appointment with my investigator next week.
                    how did it go?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cclass0623 View Post
                      Hey guys, I took my oral psych today I was wondering if anyone knew how we would be contacted with the results if I passed or failed? I have to send them some medical paperwork from my doctor but I have my appointment with my investigator next week.
                      Your Investigator is the form of contact that is going to notify you about the result of your psych. Give him/her two weeks after you summit the paperwork need to psych.
                      Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

                      Comment


                      • Do you think if the doctor told you "stay in touch with your investigator and he'll let you know the next steps of the process" means your good to go?
                        NYPD Exam: 1309
                        List: 4XX
                        Test Date: 12/10
                        APD: 8/12
                        Med: 4/13
                        Written Psych: 4/13
                        Oral Psych: 4/13
                        BI Initial Interview:4/13
                        JST:6/13
                        Round 2: 9/13
                        BI: In Progress
                        Mini Med:6/13
                        Round 2: 10/13

                        Academy: January 2014

                        NYS Trooper Exam
                        Test Date: 10/13

                        Patience is Key

                        Comment


                        • Well it can be but at same token it may be bad news> This people are unpredictable. Best advices is prepare for the worst and hope for the best with NYPD Psych.
                          Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                            Well it can be but at same token it may be bad news> This people are unpredictable. Best advices is prepare for the worst and hope for the best with NYPD Psych.
                            How are things going with you? Are you in the process to overturn you're DQ? I haven't read all you're post so im jw.....best of luck to you brother!
                            Exam # 3315
                            List # 7**
                            APD-5: ??
                            Medical: ??
                            Social Media Check: ??
                            Written Psych: ??
                            Oral Psych: ??
                            BI: ??
                            Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
                            JST:??
                            Mini med:??

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by arsenalpd View Post
                              How are things going with you? Are you in the process to overturn you're DQ? I haven't read all you're post so im jw.....best of luck to you brother!
                              I appeal it and i lost because i couldn't afford a 3G good lawyer/psych doc. I got a psych doctor that was chipper and i lost. It super hard to overturn NYPD psych, civil services usually give them the winning card. But am processing with many other agency's and it going pretty good so far.
                              Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

                              Comment


                              • That's Good bro i know a lot of people who failed some departments and today are on new ones. Do you know why you got DQ'd? My friend got his oral in the end of the month hes worried.

                                Keep us uptaded!
                                Exam # 3315
                                List # 7**
                                APD-5: ??
                                Medical: ??
                                Social Media Check: ??
                                Written Psych: ??
                                Oral Psych: ??
                                BI: ??
                                Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
                                JST:??
                                Mini med:??

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9899 users online. 470 members and 9429 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X