Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ten-4 View Post
    Caught lying at current or anytime.
    thanks
    NYPD Exam 2344 -- 06/2012 || List# 1XXX -- 01/2013
    APD 5: - 5/2014 | Medical: 10/14 - Passed | Written Psych: 10/14 - Completed
    Oral Psych: 11/14 - Passed | BI Meeting: 01/15 - Completed
    JST: 04/15 - Completed | Mini Med: 04/15 - Completed || GOT THE EMAIL! 07/02/15

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
      Horrible advice. The BI and the Psych share and compare information both before and after you meet with them. Your BI also sends out reference letters to schools which ask for ANY indication of trouble. They also request records from the State. Social Workers often perform the role of a Guidance Counselor in schools and have the same reporting requirements to the State Office of Mental Hygiene that Guidance Counselors do(which you will sign a release for and the psych AND BI will request records from). Worst advice possible.
      Physc gets information from your apd5 and your written physc they don't share anything. A copy just gets sent to your bi and he just reviews it. Oral is based on what you put on your written physc and pad 5
      "REMEMBER, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN" !

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
        Your wrong. Psych can ask the BI for ANything they want too.
        Yes they can ask but most of the time no one has extra time to conduct these inv .... Physc is just to make sure you're fit for the job with straight thinking. For instance the people who got their physc done before meeting with their bi how can the bi and physc doc talk to each other. Physc goes based on the information you put on your written physc

Comment

Physc gets information from your apd5 and your written physc they don't share anything. A copy just gets sent to your bi and he just reviews it. Oral is based on what you put on your written physc and pad 5
          You are completely wrong on the topic. And in your example where people get scheduled for a psych first; it doesn't mean anything. The psych is never "done" until the psych and BI have compared information. Stop putting out crap information and telling people to omit information. Like I also said, social workers and school counselors have the same reporting requirements under the law with the Office of Mental Hygiene.

Comment

You are completely wrong on the topic. And in your example where people get scheduled for a psych first; it doesn't mean anything. The psych is never "done" until the psych and BI have compared information. Stop putting out crap information and telling people to omit information. Like I also said, social workers and school counselors have the same reporting requirements under the law with the Office of Mental Hygiene.
            So how come people who do their physc before investigator pass their physc months before they meet their investigator ???? People got their results in a day or two if they passed physc or they on review and I know few that were on review and few that passed without even seeing their bi. Social worker and school counselors are on their own thing... We talking about nypd not school thanks.

Comment

forums(dot)officer(dot)com/t174352-15/#post3261464

this person did their physc before BI ....

Comment

• Just because someone at psych services tells you you've passed doesn't mean that the psych and BI (when you are assigned one) won't compare every single thing you said in each interview for consistency. You are NAIVE if you think it doesn't happen. And if discrepancies are found like saying you never received summonses to the psych but then listing an alcohol summons on your background booklet for example, you're "passing" grade on the psych will become a "review" after they find this out and call you back in for a SECOND interview. That's just ONE example. You haven't passed anything until you've raised your right hand and taken the oath FYI. Lies and omissions will catch up to you in this process so stop suggesting it's okay to do it.
                Last edited by nyc7011; 04-05-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Need a little help since no one at psych service ever calls me back. About a month or so ago, I was DQed by NYPD Psych services for the title of Provisional Deputy City Sheriff. Since it was provisional, I can't appeal. However, I recently got my test results for the Sheriffs test and I am reachable and also received an additional letter to go get fingerprints done. I know its a stretch, but is there a time limit you have to sit through before you can take another psych after a DQ? Would it be different because it is not a PO position, but a Sheriff's position?
                  "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                  -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

forums(dot)officer(dot)com/t174352-15/#post3261464

this person did their physc before BI ....
                    Hey Mom look, I'm famous!
                    NYPD

East Harlem

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                      Need a little help since no one at psych service ever calls me back. About a month or so ago, I was DQed by NYPD Psych services for the title of Provisional Deputy City Sheriff. Since it was provisional, I can't appeal. However, I recently got my test results for the Sheriffs test and I am reachable and also received an additional letter to go get fingerprints done. I know its a stretch, but is there a time limit you have to sit through before you can take another psych after a DQ? Would it be different because it is not a PO position, but a Sheriff's position?
                      Base on what they told me, you have sit down for 1 full year then try again, but from my experiences if you get dq one time and then come back a year letter for a other position they go look for your profile of the last psyc interview/exam to see why got dq and compare notes from new/old interview and exam you have to be consistent with your answers from the pass, they will look hard on your profile and ask same questions to see if same answers. You most likely 95% maybe dq again, depending on consistency/ reason as to why got last dq'ed.
                      Last edited by nycapomts; 04-05-2013, 10:41 PM.
                      Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                        Base on what they told me, you have sit down for 1 full year then try again, but from my experiences if you get dq one time and then come back a year letter for a other position they go look for your profile of the last psyc interview/exam to see why got dq and compare notes from new/old interview and exam you have to be consistent with your answers from the pass, they will look hard on your profile and ask same questions to see if same answers. You most likely 95% maybe dq again, depending on consistency/ reason as to why got last dq'ed.
                        Well at physc they asked you if you seen a physc doc before and you say yes and they will make you talk about it and explain what happened and when you mention you got dqed for nypd they will ask for report and etc

Comment

then again all answers are not going to be the same cause as times passes people change in different ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by wn8 View Post
                            then again all answers are not going to be the same cause as times passes people change in different ways.
                            "Well then don't tell me that," i thought same and still got dq'ed. So how about you saying that to the psych services when ever you go again for a other position/exam.
                            Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

"Well then don't tell me that," i thought same and still got dq'ed. So how about you saying that to the psych services when ever you go again for a other position/exam.
                              i know many people who got dq'd and made it in

Comment

Caught lying at current or anytime.
                                i agree when people say they got DQ'D and other people ask why they always say " i have no idea" or "i dont know" most likely they got caught lying. They can have a clean "record" as in never saw a physiologist or took any meds but if you lie you are done!
                                Exam # 3315
                                List # 7**
                                APD-5: ??
                                Medical: ??
                                Social Media Check: ??
                                Written Psych: ??
                                Oral Psych: ??
                                BI: ??
                                Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
                                JST:??
                                Mini med:??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7179 users online. 350 members and 6829 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X