NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f1r3
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by CARRIER30
    When u go on oral psy interview, how do u find out what decision they made? Are ALL decisions made/sent by MAIL, EMAIL, or they would they contact you by phone n tell u verbally?
    Your investigator will call/email you. Your psych may email or call you in for a 2nd interview. All depends. You can check your status if you call CAD.

Comment

• Mario180
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2018

Hey guys just giving an update. I called the CAD yesterday And was told I was psychology qualified after perviously receiving a NOPD from a different exam on 4/19. I waited a year and started exam 7236, went through initial med, had a four month wait for a Oral psych invite and I passed! I had a different Psych doc this time around; and I knew it went a lot better. The original doc. I had felt like she just wanted to get me out her office. Don't give up people, stay safe!

Comment

• Kblazo1415
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2019

Hey everyone, just got news that I passed psych, if you guys are discouraged at all, it took me 8 months to get the go head. Stay positive and one day you will get the email you want!

Comment

• Jimmy1353
        Jimmy1353 commented
        Editing a comment
        Were you on review???
    • ericcartman34
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2018

Is it fair to say the CSC will be more lenient on appeals and overturns within reason? Considering the mass retirements, huge spike in crime, and only hiring about half the recruits that NYC expected. Hopefully.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        I would say the change in the level of discretion / leniency, in this case would be on the NYPD End and not Civil Service. At the end of the day, NYPD has a big applicant pool to pick from.

On the contrary, if this were Nassau County- when there is a shortage of applicants and a need to fill academy classes- since the hiring decision is actually Civil Service Commisions, I would say yes Civil Service would be more lenient.
    • A.Rem
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2018

Hello, hope everyone is well and safe. After almost waiting a year for my decision on the CSC. I got a AFFIRMED on my psychological DQ from the NYPD and CSC. It’s disheartening, I took the recent one and in the process of that exam, will there be a same result? Many thanks.

Comment

• ericcartman34
        ericcartman34 commented
        Editing a comment
        When did you receive this information? To my knowledge the Psych decision is valid for 30 months. Going through the process immediately after a decision may present a little bit of an obstacle. Best of luck.

• A.Rem
        A.Rem commented
        Editing a comment
        I got a email from my lawyer. It was a forward email from the CSC. And thank you hope for the best.

• ky.96
        ky.96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey man, when was NYPD supposed to send your report to CSC? Mine was on 02/08/21 and still haven't gotten an email from them affirming or reversing that decision.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        @Ky.96

It takes many MONTHS after all parties submit their reports for CSC to get to your case. If i were to guess, 6-9 months easily. Remember CSC handles many issues for all city agencies including DQ cases.
    • Wa1rior
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2018

I just received a email regarding my appeal that I will be having a 2nd interview within the next 6 to 10 months. My documents were send back in March 18 of 2020.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess that's good. What exam are you on?
    • Wa1rior
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2018

Old as hell Exam 7323 #98xx. I was supposed to go to the Academy back in April of 2019.

Comment

• ky.96
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2018

Vista Thank you for the info in the above post, im just anxious to get any info from any agency smhh

Comment

• ky.96
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2018

Wa1rior good stuff man...I remember you and I were fighting forever with these appeals and DQ's))

Can you please tell me when was NYPDs report due to the commission? As I stated above, mine was on 02/04/21, I am just trying to get an approximate time frame. TY

Comment

• PatriotNY
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2014

Good evening, I haven’t been on this forum in a very long time. I have a question and if anyone has some useful information I would really appreciate it. So back in 2014 I went through the hiring process for PD and was deemed not qualified. Received an email stating the reason why in 2015. Due to the fact I was going through the process for DOC I didn’t push the issue to appeal, I just left it alone. I got hired with DOC 2015. Now I’m thinking of registering for the upcoming PD exam. So my question is how will the DQ from 2014-15 effect me going through the process in the future?

Comment

• Jimmy1353
              Jimmy1353 commented
              Editing a comment
              I dont think it will, but you have nothing to lose!! Just do it!!
          • Lijames631
            Forum Member
            • May 2015

They will definitely look at your old file, and it will play a part of oral psych. Don’t try to leave anything out on your new written exam they do compare the two.

Comment

• Wa1rior
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2018

I just got the awesome news that I will be getting my second psychological interview next month after receiving the preliminary decision. It originally said that it was going to take between 6 to 10 months but they told me that things are moving fast. So if anyone is waiting like me be ready.

Comment

• ky.96
                ky.96 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats great news, keep us updated.
            • gkov
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2020

Howdy! So I was a psych DQ on exam 4306 (ancient). I went through the process with CSC and got my DQ vacated. I'm just wondering if they vacated it because I only had 3 months left on that exam till it expired or if they vacated it for other reasons. Anyone else end up in that boat?

Going through the process again though on 0320. Got my oral psych coming up in a couple weeks. Rumor has it they want 500 bodies for July so they're trying to rush qualified candidates through.

Comment

• Wa1rior
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by gkov
                Howdy! So I was a psych DQ on exam 4306 (ancient). I went through the process with CSC and got my DQ vacated. I'm just wondering if they vacated it because I only had 3 months left on that exam till it expired or if they vacated it for other reasons. Anyone else end up in that boat?

Going through the process again though on 0320. Got my oral psych coming up in a couple weeks. Rumor has it they want 500 bodies for July so they're trying to rush qualified candidates through.
                Today I just had my NOPD interview and it went a lot better them the original one because I was fully prepared as best as I could by Mr. Kronenberg. I feel that I was fully able to articulate my answer and discussed some of the reasons that the original psychologist wanted to DQ me for. She found that the reason for the DQ was weird and questionable. The psychologist informs me that the expedition of the process depends if they're an oncoming academy, if they're having an academy next month things will move fast.

Comment

• gkov
                  gkov commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea my oral psych was a wreck. I'm probably gonna get a DQ again.
              • Wa1rior
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2018

Gkov why did you receive your originally nopd for? And you feel that is going to get you again?

Comment

• gkov
                  gkov commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not willing to discuss exactly why on an open forum, but it has to do with seeing a psychologist years before i started the process. I do feel I'm going to be dq'ed on the same grounds considering my original DQ was never dropped, just vacated due to that exam expiring.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11910 users online. 65 members and 11845 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...