Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’d ask your lawyer.

Comment

• Has anyone here won their appeal, and gotten called for a second psych interview?

Just wondering what the rest of the appeal process is like after you beat your NoPD, PMs accepted

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        If NYPD agrees with your Notice of PROPOSED DQ it will usually be after they have conducted a second interview. In that case, you move on with the Process- background inv. resumes, agility. This is not the most common occurrence.

They do not have to offer a second interview. They will sometimes do so if they are “on the fence” about a decision. After the second Interview they can either Mark you qualified or send a NOD and essentially defer to civil service to decide.

A NOPD is essentially a formality. Civil Service law states that they have to offer you a chance to submit an argument in support of your candidacy to the appointing agency before you are actually disqualified. So basically, they send a NOPD Because they have to- you submit your appeal to them, because you have to..... they flip through it and depending on how they are feeling that day they say “agree, disagree, or lets drag this guy in again for another interview before we decide” (they also often use an outside consultant to look at everything who always sides with the Dept’s Reccomendation). Most of the time they end up standing by their original decision.

Dont bank on NYPD reversing their decision, dont bank on the second interview; Civil Service is where you have the best shot at a good outcome. (NYPD Actually rescinded my psych DQ- i was lucky)

• Curious also on this.

Comment

• Who has been DQ from NYPD and applied for NYS Court Officer and successfully got the job?

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          NYS Courts will do their own evaluation. They will take your NYPD DQ into account. They will request all your records and compare all of your statements made to NYPD and them. You will disclose to them that your were DQ and appealed and they will also request your appeal psychologists records (you should offer them). It will all be evaluated along with their own evaluation.

If you are DQ from Courts i believe the appeal process for them is actually an Article 78.

• I’ve gotten the NOPD and I’ve talked/seen Mr. Kronenberg and Dr. Lerner. I was advised to call Mr. Kronenberg after a month of seeing Dr. Lerner which was back in September. I’ve called Mr. Kronenberg but haven’t been able to get through just been leaving messages. Mind you I haven’t been calling excessively maybe once or twice every few weeks or so. I know it takes time but should I keep trying or just wait until I hear back?

Comment

• randomF15
          randomF15 commented
          Editing a comment
          He's busy all the time, I called him numerous times and left him voice mails and emails at the same time and he got back to me on the next day.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          He can be slow to reply. If you haven’t heard anything- there is no update. Civil Service (not just the commission) works very, very slowly. Its a waiting game. He’s really busy, works alone- taking alot of cases.

• Email him, usually the best option with him.

Comment

• Hello all thanks for all the good info I’ve been reading. Received my NOD After appealing and meeting with my hired psychologist and lawyer. Is there any chance CSC can make a decision to overturn without going to a hearing?

Comment

• nybluuline
            nybluuline commented
            Editing a comment
            How long did it take?

• ericcartman34
            ericcartman34 commented
            Editing a comment
            All in all I’m almost a year into the appeal still waiting on a hearing. It’s a long and annoying process. nybluuline

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            They can decide (either way- good or bad) without a hearing. A hearing is at the sole discretion of civil service Commision.

• Originally posted by ericcartman34 View Post
          Hello all thanks for all the good info I’ve been reading. Received my NOD After appealing and meeting with my hired psychologist and lawyer. Is there any chance CSC can decide to overturn without going to a hearing?
          CSC is where the higher chances of overturning are. NYPD will most of the time always double down on their psychologist's decision. Mr. Kronenberg from the start told me that the NYPD will 99% send me a NOD.

Comment

• ericcartman34
            ericcartman34 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. Here’s hoping the commission does what’s right.

• What’s up everyone quick question. I want to apply for nys court officer exam. My only concern is if I failed NYPD PSYCH & say I go thru process of court officer n make it to psych, should I inform them that I have applied for nypd but didn’t get hired bcuz I failed their psych or don’t even mentioned that I applied to nypd bcuz they won’t find out anyway? Does anyone have any helpful knowledge?

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            "bcuz"? I'd fail you right there.

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            They will ABSOLUTELY find out you applied and omitting that info will cause you to be DQ. In fact, your expressly required to disclose all exams you took and your status on that list. Alls they need to do is call DCAS (you also have a fingerprint record with DCJS that the nypd printed you).

They will do their own Evaluation.

• Answer all questions that are directed to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CARRIER30 View Post
            What’s up everyone quick question. I want to apply for nys court officer exam. My only concern is if I failed NYPD PSYCH & say I go thru process of court officer n make it to psych, should I inform them that I have applied for nypd but didn’t get hired bcuz I failed their psych or don’t even mentioned that I applied to nypd bcuz they won’t find out anyway? Does anyone have any helpful knowledge?
            Withholding that that type of information could get you in trouble. if they ask you will mention it, If they don't ask be very careful or simply ask your BI for advice when you get to that point.

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              They will most definitely ask in the Pedigree / applicant book. Only a moron would lie.

• A bit of a rant. Something i frequently see that really grinds my gears. I have received numerous emails from members here and one thing i frequently see is that many people can not spell basic words or even compose a sentence using basic english. Now, I am not an english major.... i am no genius, but this is something thats very important in this field. Lets be serious here.... in this field you will need to be able to clearly write reports. There is nothing more annoying than getting stuck with an illiterate partner and getting stuck doing their reports along with your own. If bosses cant understand it it ****es them off. I have seen bosses turn red and rip stuff up. Poor report writing can cause charges to be dismissed and even get you and your coworkers in trouble.

I do understand that english may not be your native language- but, you ARE in America applying for a job that requires detailed reports that include stuff that is going to be read and scrutinized by bosses and attorneys- even used in court. These reports are written in English. If I was your investigator and had to read crap written like some people here have written emails to me i would toss your file in the garbage. With all the educational resources available both at local colleges, online, etc- there is no reason that you cant learn to speak and write english at at least a Junior high-school level. (And in not talking about abbreviations / shortcuts- im talking about almost incoherent english).

Again- I'm far from an english scholar but if you really want this job you should learn the English Language. Learning how to properly communicate can also go a long way during Psych and Background Interviews.
            Problems with a psych exam?
            Have an upcoming
            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.
            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm sure the excuse of many is that they're posting from their phone. I don't find that acceptable. LOOK at what you wrote before you post it and correct it as necessary. And writing like you're texting your friend is really annoying. Write in complete sentences and words.

If you have to, re-read what you wrote after it's posted and if you see an error go back and edit your post.

• Agreed...but....just so you understand, it’s racist to require people to speak and write in English. By doing so, you are robbing them of their cultural identity... Far better to have illiterate cops out there so you can satisfy an agenda than to actually be able to provide LE services.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• TheGreatBambino
              TheGreatBambino commented
              Editing a comment
              Or even worse. A supervisor.

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ll call it what it is- when I'm stuck writing your report because you never took the time to learn how to write... especially when its your ****ty communication skills that caused the incident with the skid.

• CCCSD
              CCCSD commented
              Editing a comment
              Oooohhh....you’re in SO MUCH trouble!

• What does it mean when you get a second interview after you appealed? Anyone else get a phone call saying to come in to get another psych interview?

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Means they are on the fence on making a decision. It could go either direction. Contact your appeal psych. Who did you use?

• Originally posted by nickyrisky View Post
            What does it mean when you get a second interview after you appealed? Anyone else get a phone call saying to come in to get another psych interview?
            Interesting, did you inform your lawyer or private psychologist of this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14438 users online. 396 members and 14042 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X