Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a Law Enforcement Psychologist who has performed thousands of Psych Appeals (for both the NYPD and the NY Courts). I strongly suggest that you do not lie to the N Y Courts Psychologist. When your fib is discovered, even if you are on the job, you will be immediately fired.

Comment

• I am a Law Enforcement Psychologist who has performed thousands of Psych Appeals. Yes, you do need both an attorney and a psychologist. This is a forensic psych appeal. Insurance does not cover forensic psych work.

Comment

• I got a psych DQ letter today. I’m not sure is it worth to fight for because no class happening. I contacted 2 lawyers Rob and Kevin the cost is like thousands $$$$ I do not know should i go through with it

Comment

• For those that have received the dreaded NOPD, please advise of the timeline between taking the written psych, oral psych (please specify if it was in person or via video conference), receiving the NOPD and lastly the exam # you processed for. It gives those whom are in the same shoes, possibly awaiting the same fate, an idea of their possible outcome when mirrored against your processing timelines. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJanoson View Post
            I am a Law Enforcement Psychologist who has performed thousands of Psych Appeals (for both the NYPD and the NY Courts). I strongly suggest that you do not lie to the N Y Courts Psychologist. When your fib is discovered, even if you are on the job, you will be immediately fired.
            Maybe you can answer my question. I'm 24, and I have been prescribed ADHD medication since I was 9. I'm just curious how this would affect me in anyway. Would this cause me to have to undergo a full pysch eval, or lots of additional questioning? I am trying to prepare myself as much as possible, and would love any insight.

The other thing -- which I'm not sure will be important or not, is briefly, when I was 15 -- I was prescribed a antidepressant for less than two months, following my parents divorce at the time. I was taken off the medication, very quickly -- as it was not helping, and had severe side effects. I'm just curious, how, in anyway, that would be viewed.

It would kill me to spend so much time preparing, only to get knocked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureManinBlue View Post

Maybe you can answer my question. I'm 24, and I have been prescribed ADHD medication since I was 9. I'm just curious how this would affect me in anyway. Would this cause me to have to undergo a full pysch eval, or lots of additional questioning? I am trying to prepare myself as much as possible, and would love any insight.

The other thing -- which I'm not sure will be important or not, is briefly, when I was 15 -- I was prescribed a antidepressant for less than two months, following my parents divorce at the time. I was taken off the medication, very quickly -- as it was not helping, and had severe side effects. I'm just curious, how, in anyway, that would be viewed.

It would kill me to spend so much time preparing, only to get knocked out.
              Future, I hate to break it to you the anti-depressant will most likely end up as a DQ or Psych Review at the minimum. I had the same situation. i was prescribed at the same age as you for the same reason. I didn't take it and the prescription was never even refilled. I produced pharmacy records and a report from my doctor stating the same thing. i ended up receiving my NOPD. After getting my records released to Kronenburg/Lerner. It was noted that i scored the 95 percentile on the written and in the Oral Psych notes, it stated "no red flags/deception, good candidate" then she looked closer and saw the Anti depressants. I hope it works out for you bro. if you get the NOPD stay positive and don't let it affect you that much. Other opportunities will come your way

Comment

• ADHD is not something that works in LE.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  ADHD is not something that works in LE.
                  Can you elaborate any further?

Comment

• You have a psych issue that is only controlled by medication. That issue isn’t conducive to LE, no matter how many tv shows you watch that say it is.

Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by srzxh View Post

Future, I hate to break it to you the anti-depressant will most likely end up as a DQ or Psych Review at the minimum. I had the same situation. i was prescribed at the same age as you for the same reason. I didn't take it and the prescription was never even refilled. I produced pharmacy records and a report from my doctor stating the same thing. i ended up receiving my NOPD. After getting my records released to Kronenburg/Lerner. It was noted that i scored the 95 percentile on the written and in the Oral Psych notes, it stated "no red flags/deception, good candidate" then she looked closer and saw the Anti depressants. I hope it works out for you bro. if you get the NOPD stay positive and don't let it affect you that much. Other opportunities will come your way
                      Why even bother telling NYPD about your past psych issues? You do realize what HIPAA laws are right? They play scare tactics to get this information out of you, otherwise they would not be able to get it unless they go around asking every doctor and every hospital you been too for your records, which they cannot because of HIPAA and would be too time consuming anyway and alot of guess work on their part. They wont find anything. Keep hush, no need to volunteer information that will just get you DQ'd with zero chance for a second look. if you volunteer psych records, the nypd psych unit will just DQ unfairly, no matter how long ago you took meds. Not to mention it will follow you around for ANY police job or fire job you apply for. Why do that to yourself? If they want to DQ you, let them work for it.

I dont suggest blatantly lying thoug, just be smart about it.
                      Last edited by NYranger; 07-16-2020, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Vista
                        Vista commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard. You sign a Release that NYPD can use to get your records- a HIPAA Release. If they want the records they can even force you to have them send. They also have access to your Medical Information Bureau file if they really want “MIBl

• Originally posted by NYranger View Post
                      I dont suggest blatantly lying thoug, just be smart about it.
                      Of course you are suggesting that. What else is it besides a blatant lie?

Doesn't NYPD require you to sign an authorization for release of medical records??

Comment

• Most LE agencies require you to sign a release allowing the agency to gather all the medical records it will need to review your qualifications. Refusing to sign is just about a guaranteed DQ. HIPAA is not the cure all most uninformed people believe it is. By the way, please do not insult the name of the NY Rangers.
                        Last edited by Dinosaur32; 07-16-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                          Most LE agencies require you to sign a release allowing the agency to gather all the medical records it will need to review your qualifications. Refusing to sign is just about a guaranteed DQ. HIPAA is not the cure all most uninformed people believe it is. By the way, please do not insult the name of the NY Rangers.
                          I did not say refusal to sign the medical release. I said, NYPD will not comb through every doctor and hospital in NYC/The United States that you have been to. And they would have to send a HIPAA forum to EVERY private or hospital that you have been too, one by one. They will not know where you have been unless you have volunteered this info YOURSELF.

Nypd investigators handle hundreds of candidates to process, they will not go on a wild hunt for information that never presented itself in the first place. They gather info of the candidate and send the file to the psych unit, and thats what psych goes off of primarily. This is why the Psych Unit puts people on medical review, and requests signing of HIPAA during your interview, than asks you to go to the hospital that YOU VOLUNTEERED info about, with your new HIPAA paper on hand, sending you on that walk of shame to "insert hosptial name that you volunteered here". They will than, 90% of the time, use that information from the hospital or doctor as firepower to Disqualify you from the job.

NYPD Psych Unit operate like a bunch of robots, they WILL DISQUALIFY YOU based on ANYTHING. With no regard or reason. They will simply revert to the arbitrary "cannot handle the stresses of police officer" bogus reasoning.

Why volunteer hidden info that they will not find and gaurentee your disqualifying from the position you want? Pysch Unit does not care if your honest, if you have records, than DQ, NEXT CANDIDATE PLEASE.

Being honest is important in the process obviously. But volunteer info that wont be found is stupid. Unless ofcourse you enioy being disqualfied from jobs.

p.s. I have seen first hand of nypd employing scare tactics to get information they otherwise cannot get for themselves/ know about, specifically the Psych unit. Unfortuantely many people will fall for this and solidify their own DQing. I am not saying lie, I am saying be smart and know the "process of the process."
                          Last edited by NYranger; 07-16-2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• HighwayBob
                            HighwayBob commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You ARE saying "lie". There is no way around that. And omissions are the same as lying for applicant purposes.

That's a valid reason for termination no matter if you are on probation or have 19 years OTJ.
                            Last edited by HighwayBob; 07-28-2020, 05:42 PM.

• Vista
                            Vista commented
                            Editing a comment
                            1) When you see a doctor the reports get Forwareded to your primary- so theres a paper trail.

2) Insurance companies maintain claim history with cpt codes for many years, and report to “MIB” (medical info bureau).

3) If it’s somehow discovered that you lied- even years later, you can be terminated even outside of probation. For instance- say you undergo treatment and your medical records reflect something you didn’t disclose- they can ask DCAS to decertify your name- and nullify your employment. Rare but it has happened. They tried to do something similar with a disgrace NYPD Inspector who had retired to nullify his pension.

• Is it a bad idea to start the process on a different NYPD exam, that was taken before an appeal decision was made for failing the psych on an earlier exam?

Comment

• Vista
                            Vista commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Would wait- They will likely use the results off the current psych exam. I believe its 30 months.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5496 users online. 417 members and 5079 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X