Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kblazo1415 View Post
    Hey everyone, just wanted to look for some answers here. I have been on psych review for about a month and half. I have been called for my mini-medical and I have completed that. My investigator was away for around 3-4 weeks, however, I do not know if that really effects my case. I was wondering why I may be on review for so long. All I literally needed was a notarized letter, nothing completely that serious at all. I’m pretty confused at this point and I haven’t gotten any answers really else where. If anyone could give me advice on what to do, that would be awesome or maybe why I’m just waiting so long to be cleared when everything has been handed in and I have been called for the last step before academy. Thanks!
    Most of psych is quarantined, still respond to emails but not in the office bc of coronavirus. April class is
    officially postponed anyways. Wouldn’t worry for now no one is going anywhere for awhile.

Comment

• Kblazo1415
      Kblazo1415 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay thank you. I was thinking that too, however, the thing that sucks is you just never know. I’ll leave it be for now. Thank you for your help and your reply!

• I HAD A ODD STORY TO TELL YOU ABOUT AND I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME FEED BACK FROM INDIVDUALS WHO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE NYPD PSYCH EXAM AND THE NYC CSC.
    TO GET TO MY POINT. I APPLIED TO THE NYPD YEARS AGO. I HAVE CRIMINAL RECORD. WHEN I WENT TO MY PSCY INTERVIEWER SHE LOOKED SURPRISED WHEN SHE ASKED ME "WHY I ERASED MY FIRST QUESTION ABOUT TALKING TO GHOST FROM NO TO YES". I REMEMBER CLEARLY THAT I DO NOT ONCE ERASE ANY OF THE PSCY QUESTIONS WITH MY PENCIL. I ONLY ERASED AND RECREATED MY PICTURED HOUSE.
    I WAS NEVER SHOCKED WHEN SHE ASKED THE QUESTION MY REPLY WAS WHO ERASED MY ANSWER. OBVIOUSLY SHE WAS AS PUZZLED AS ME.
    I WROTE A LETTER TO THE NYC CSC ABOUT THIS ISSUE. I GOT A PHONE CALL BACK FROM A WOMAN WHO INFORMED ME ABOUT THE LETTER THAT I WROTE AND SAID" TO FORGET ABOUT THE INCIDENT YOUR APPLICATION WAS SQUASHED YOU CAN REAPPLY AGAIN " . AT THAT TIME I WORKING FOR HOMELAND SECURITY AT LAGUARDUA AIRPORT.

I HAVE WORKED AS A SUPERVISORY PEACE OFFICER WITH THE CITY OF NEW YORK FOR 6 YEARS AND NOW WAITING FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH ANOTHER AGENCY.

QUESTIONS
    1. Do all peace officers get cleared by NYPD / NYS before being granted peace officer status?
    2.Did the nyc csc really squash my nypd application.
    3. I am now an MP with the US Army Reserves with a government top clearence does this help my background.

all replies are wekcomed

Comment

• ColdCoffee
      ColdCoffee commented
      Editing a comment
      1. This is very confusing to read.
      2. How are we supposed to know what CSC did with your application?
      3. It does not help your background

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you were disqualified. You need to work on your writing.

• Correction i do not have a criminal record. From the post above

Comment

• My apologies with the main narative in my post i was very tired.

Comment

• Originally posted by dt0620044 View Post
        My apologies with the main narative in my post i was very tired.
        How did you respond to their question? Same thing happened years ago to me. I was told I put a no for the question "if I would be okay with having a female supervisor." Obviously I didn't chose the answer no, but my psych said I did. I knew what they wanted. They want to see if you keep your cool and not freak out. A simple I am sorry I must have circled the wrong one by accident while keeping your cool is what they want to see.

What they are looking for is:
        1) For you to fold and agree with what you did not put down.
        2) How you react. Some people get upset and mad which gives them a red flag easily.

I mean in your OP, you stated you had a criminal record. You also stated you erased your image of the house. You already had a red flag because of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatBambino View Post

How did you respond to their question? Same thing happened years ago to me. I was told I put a no for the question "if I would be okay with having a female supervisor." Obviously I didn't chose the answer no, but my psych said I did. I knew what they wanted. They want to see if you keep your cool and not freak out. A simple I am sorry I must have circled the wrong one by accident while keeping your cool is what they want to see.

What they are looking for is:
          1) For you to fold and agree with what you did not put down.
          2) How you react. Some people get upset and mad which gives them a red flag easily.

I mean in your OP, you stated you had a criminal record. You also stated you erased your image of the house. You already had a red flag because of this.
          Same thing happened during my 2nd interview. I don’t remember which question it was pertaining to but I stayed calm shook my head no and said I don’t think that’s correct. It must’ve be an error on my part.
          A lot of these questions are redundant. For argument sake If there are 10 questions in regard to your views on woman and 9 of your responses don’t paint you in the light as a male chauvinist and you have 1 response that does it’ll be reasonable to assume it could have been a mistake.
          In my case taking ownership was beneficial, Instead of getting flustered and trying to deflect blame

Comment

• (Any feedback is appreciated)

Slight background on me NO POLICE issues or summonses, Good work history Good credit. Currently work with children in a NYS elementary school
            Here is my LE efforts simplified

NYC Department of Corrections 2018:
            Psych QUALIFIED & Appointed - I declined job offer temporarily

NYS Park Police 2019 & NYS Trooper 2019 (Processed simultaneously)
            Psychological QUALIFIED by Both departments and CLEARED every step including the background
            went on to the last step for State Parks which was the Polygraph: result was a failure by examiners discretion not by omission

NYPD 2019 (NYPD has no polygraph I should be fine)
            After being qualified by THREE different departments in NYS I have been on psych review since November.

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              They may be waiting on records from nys parks.

• h
            Originally posted by racer466 View Post
            (Any feedback is appreciated)

Slight background on me NO POLICE issues or summonses, Good work history Good credit. Currently work with children in a NYS elementary school
            Here is my LE efforts simplified

NYC Department of Corrections 2018:
            Psych QUALIFIED & Appointed - I declined job offer temporarily

NYS Park Police 2019 & NYS Trooper 2019 (Processed simultaneously)
            Psychological QUALIFIED by Both departments and CLEARED every step including the background
            went on to the last step for State Parks which was the Polygraph: result was a failure by examiners discretion not by omission

NYPD 2019 (NYPD has no polygraph I should be fine)
            After being qualified by THREE different departments in NYS I have been on psych review since November.

Racer, Let me tell you this. I am currently appealing my NOPD with Mr. Kronenberg. He sends me his final report that he mailed to the NYPD and I saw how the Psychologist that interview me "LIRATTY LIE" and fabricate information about me. The NYPD Psychologist report not only contradicted both results and scores that I obtain in the writing part and oral part but they also ignored the document that they requested themself during the first interview. The NYPD Psychologist requested my disciplinary records from both High School and Colleges, where it clearly shows that I had NEVER been in any type of trouble. This Psychologist still had the guts to put in her report that I have been suspended from school for fighting back high school. Which is one of the main reason why she believes i am not qualified or suitable to become an NYPD Police Officer. If they want to get you they will get you. Now all I can do is wait and hope for the best.

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Wish you luck.

• Good afternoon Ladies and gentlemen, Just had a quick question I took my psych for the agency that I am in right now around 4 years ago, I know the NYPD psych likes consistency so my question is will they look into my psych from 4 years ago? Do I need to have my answers collaborating with my older psych? I don't remember my answers I just remembered I answered honestly and that's what I will do now just nervous that if they don't match my older psych I will get put on review.

Comment

• S13ChrisM
              S13ChrisM commented
              Editing a comment
              same with me. I’m a LEO and had a psych years ago and the doctor requested that evaluation. I’m pretty sure it’s just to make sure u was cleared.

• Thundermountain
              Thundermountain commented
              Editing a comment
              S13ChrisM I understand but would they be able to see every single answer or just the final evaluation? I will try my best to match the answers obviously but I am paranoid over messing up.

• S13ChrisM
              S13ChrisM commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t believe so. I was thinking the same thing. It should just be that u passed

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Just answer the questions quickly without putting much thought into them. Naturally may answer some differently. If you were perfectly consistent id be kore concerned lol

• Hi all! Just a quick question. I have been on psych review since mid march of 2020 but received an email last week to schedule my mini medical for the July class. Is it possible I am going to be cleared soon? What are my chances?

Comment

• nickyrisky
              nickyrisky commented
              Editing a comment
              I was on psych review but was still being asked to go for a mini medical. Unfortanentaly I also got an NOPD right after I went for the medical. You either will be cleared or will have an NOPD email soon. What happened to me but I wish you the best of luck and hope you get cleared!

• Just9302
              Just9302 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear that man. Is there any chance you failed the mini med and thats why you got the NOPD? I'm trying to figure out why they'd spend the money to have us tested for drugs just to know they want to NOPD us for psych. Can't find any information on this or other posters about it

• nickyrisky
              nickyrisky commented
              Editing a comment
              didn't fail the mini med

• nickyrisky dude I literally Went there and shaved both of legs and they deadass send me an nopd few days later. Passed mini med but psych.....
            Last edited by ky.96; 05-12-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• nickyrisky
              nickyrisky commented
              Editing a comment
              yep same here.. It's all a waiting game and hoping for the best.. did you appeal?

• ky.96
              ky.96 commented
              Editing a comment
              nickyrisky yeah in process if the appeal since October. Haven’t heard anything yet...hbu?

• nickyrisky
              nickyrisky commented
              Editing a comment
              appealed March 2019 and just went for a second interview 2 weeks ago

• Hello everyone, hope each of one you are doing well and staying safe during this pandemic. Just a quick question, currently appealing my Psych DQ. Files were sent May, 2019. Received a NOD in December 2019. Filed appeal with the Civil Service Commission in January 2020. Nothing yet, discovering my Psych Dr left the NYPD back in 2019 of fall does that help with the appeal process of any sorts? Thank you and stay safe.

Comment

• ColdCoffee
              ColdCoffee commented
              Editing a comment
              I think as per another member in these forums named "Vista" he mentioned that if the Psych DR no longer works with the department, it is good for your Appeal Lawyer as it is difficult for another Psych to defend the opinion of another psychologist,

Who was the Psych DR. who DQ'd you?

Also it may depend on the reason you were NOD in the first place the Civil Service Commission may or may not be in your favor.

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s not uncommon to wait this long. Civil Service in general works slowly- then Factor in the current state of affairs with the corona. I would think That the psychologists departure would help you. If the Civil Service Commission decided to have a hearing, how could a Psychologist from the department who wasn’t there when the interview was done answer questions about the interview and what you said? My bet is that some point they will bring you back in for another interview. Just wait it out.

• A.Rem
              A.Rem commented
              Editing a comment
              ColdCoffee Vista, thank you both for the responses and yes I agree the best bet is to wait it out. What can we do, we expect the unexpected. Something will work out, we waited this long we can wait some more. My psych doctor was Dr. Gailbraith. Once again thank you and stay safe all of you.

• mike_s1234
              mike_s1234 commented
              Editing a comment
              They will send the supervising psych who signed off on the DQ. Every DQ is reviewed by a supervisor, who has to agree with the first psychs report before you get a NOPD

• Hey everyone, This is a question for the people that received an NOPD used a lawyer and went on a second interview with NYPD Psych. Long story short I went on my second interview a few weeks ago and I think everything went well. Just wondering for the people that went on a second interview how long it took to hear back and get an answer. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by nickyrisky View Post
              Hey everyone, This is a question for the people that received an NOPD used a lawyer and went on a second interview with NYPD Psych. Long story short I went on my second interview a few weeks ago and I think everything went well. Just wondering for the people that went on a second interview how long it took to hear back and get an answer. Thanks
              What do you guys went over if you don't mind.

Comment

• HighwayBob
                HighwayBob commented
                Editing a comment
                Huh? That makes no sense.

• question. If your case goes to the CSC, how long before you can expect a decision?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4251 users online. 296 members and 3955 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X