Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I take this newest exam.. .

How long until they start to process me for the first step?

Is it still like 3 years? Or did they speed things up now and cut it back to a year or something.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      It really depends on how you score and the anticipated hiring needs of the department / attrition. If they expect a lot of retirements they will start processing more/quicker. (Many will retire as they are hitting the 20-25 mark- given the horrible anti-police climate and how terrible the job treats them- they want to run).

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
    If I take this newest exam.. .

How long until they start to process me for the first step?

Is it still like 3 years? Or did they speed things up now and cut it back to a year or something.
    It depends how high you score. The list for your exam will be established next year. I scored an 89.3 without receiving the 5 extra points for being a resident and it took me about a year from when the list was established in February 2018 to get contacted by the processing unit to start my APD and medical clearance. You have to be patient.

Comment

Last edited by Mandony; Yesterday, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• nybluuline
        nybluuline commented
        Editing a comment
        ColdCoffee when did you submit your appeal?

• ColdCoffee
        ColdCoffee commented
        Editing a comment
        My appeal was sent in February

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        You most likely got a Second Interview because they know that they will have a very hard time sustaining the original disqualification at hearing without the original examiner present. It’s very hard for a third party to provide testimony as to the mindset and rationale of someone else's opinion. If the NYPD continued and presented a DQ like this, it would be (your) attorneys dream. Either way, it’s a good thing- its a second set of eyes. Do your self a favor and read your appeal and memorize it and go over everything with your attorney and appeal psych as in the second interview they are likely going to go into great depth with things that they were originally concerned about.

• ColdCoffee
        ColdCoffee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah basically my NoPD was about not being able to handle stresses of a police officer based on employment and educational history, kronenberg submitted a really good appeal on my behalf shutting down everything that was said about me, I am very glad

• Edited because not relevant anymore
      Last edited by lk2018; 12-26-2019, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Just wait it out man. Thats all you can do!

• If I am in the middle of an appeal process and my JST expires in February, will I be called back in February to retake my JST? Or will they only call me back to take it if the NOPD gets overturned?

Comment

• nybluuline
        nybluuline commented
        Editing a comment
        If u received a NOPD u don’t process for any other steps regardless if they expire.

• Got it thanks for the help

Comment

• Hey guys, long story short I received a background NOD back in July regards driving record and omission of fact and currently in process of appeal, has anyone experience same and decision has been reversed?

Comment

• nickyrisky
          nickyrisky commented
          Editing a comment
          yea idk, from what I'm hearing is this process is long.. have to be patient ...my attorney sent everything end of October so now I'm waiting as well.. 90 days for me is this month so I will keep you updated if I hear anything

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          I had one speeding ticket and one disobey traffic device they used against me along with my dismissed arrest. Lost

• nickyrisky
          nickyrisky commented
          Editing a comment
          sorry to hear that whats your next move?

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I retook the test anyways along with a few other depts. so I’m just waiting o those

• I keep seeing post that csc answers within 90 days it’s over 90 days for me . Should I call according to my attorney the csc answers when they feel like it

Comment

• Ag1986
          Ag1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is correct, they don’t follow the same rules they put on candidates. They answer as they please.

• I been waiting for word since early Aug. 2019

Comment

• Same been waiting since aug 2019

Comment

• I got a nopd on 10/18. Final decision was made 5/19

Comment

• nickyrisky
              nickyrisky commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you get an email with the final decision? I got my NOPD March 2019 and I am still waiting for the next step,

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup csc and my lawyer emailed the final

• Ag1986
              Ag1986 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did the csc or your attorney give you their final reasoning for their dq.

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah read above a few posts.

• Is it normal a 9 month waiting time since I’ve appealed the first proposed DQ and still no response?! Send my appeal middle of April 2019, still waiting..!!

Comment

• nybluuline
              nybluuline commented
              Editing a comment
              Has it been a year since you received the NOPD? Seems from the posts everyone’s been waiting a long time .. I thought the process was sped up

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah weird, starting to see a trend. I got mine back fairly quick

• nybluuline
              nybluuline commented
              Editing a comment
              Was yours a psych or background Dq?

• Mandony
              Mandony commented
              Editing a comment
              Psych DQ. I hired my doctor to submit an appeal.

• Hello,

I know this has been asked before and many have offered their opinions, but I’m hoping to get the latest and best advice. I received the Psych NOPD letter yesterday.

My questions:
            - is it possible to get the file released to me? I don’t have a lot of money and I would like to know the specific reason behind the decision to see if I think it would be worthwhile appealing or if it is something that would not really see a successful appeal.
            - do I need to hire a lawyer and psychologist?
            - would a psychologist cover the review and appeal through insurance coverage or is it something that has to get paid for out of pocket.

Option 1 is to have the report released to a psychologist to prepare a rebuttal. Option 2 is to submit a written statement asking to NYPD to reconsider and submit anything additional to support the request.
            - can I do option 2 and if not successful option 1 following?
            - as I asked above, can the report be released to me? If I try option 2, how could I possibly provide a statement and additional information if I do not know the basis of the decision?

Sorry for so many questions in one post, but I appreciate any guidance that can be provided.

Comment

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              Regarding insurance coverage... you need to ask your insurance carrier. No one here has a crystal ball and knows what your coverage is.

• The oral psych is absolute nonsense. I implore EVERYONE who has recieved an NOPD to fight it tooth and nail. The NYPD psychologists attempt to create a "crystal ball" profile on a candidate based on a few relatively basic questions. This is part of the process where they can DQ you on whatever they want, and, you guessed it, they wont tell you why. A candidate may complete all aspects of the process successfully but than mysteriously fail a oral psychological exam simply on the wim of psychologists "opinion" or bogus recommendation.

I heed everyone who has failed the oral psych to listen to Vista's advice and fight it. Do not allow these psychologist to take your dreams and aspirations right from your hands simply based on their flawed, made up opinions.

The oral psych is the step where they can literally hand pick who they want to hire, and if you allow a DQ to stand without even knowing why, than you allow these psychologists to fabricate false claims about you and it will professionally haunt you forever.
            Last edited by NYranger; 01-20-2020, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• Hi guys,

My lawyer sent my rebuttal report appealing my NOPD end of May 2019 (NOPD letter initially sent Jan 2019) Still waiting on decision but my lawyer did say “Your appeal has been presented to the NOPDF committee and we are waiting for the decision.” My question is, who are the NOPDF committee? What is the timeline to hear back from NOPDF? Does it mean NOPDF can issue a final disqualification or maybe a chance at second interview? Bear in mind it has been almost 8 months since my appeal was sent.

thanks for your feedback!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14325 users online. 442 members and 13883 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X