Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer all questions that are directed to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CARRIER30 View Post
      What’s up everyone quick question. I want to apply for nys court officer exam. My only concern is if I failed NYPD PSYCH & say I go thru process of court officer n make it to psych, should I inform them that I have applied for nypd but didn’t get hired bcuz I failed their psych or don’t even mentioned that I applied to nypd bcuz they won’t find out anyway? Does anyone have any helpful knowledge?
      Withholding that that type of information could get you in trouble. if they ask you will mention it, If they don't ask be very careful or simply ask your BI for advice when you get to that point.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        They will most definitely ask in the Pedigree / applicant book. Only a moron would lie.

• A bit of a rant. Something i frequently see that really grinds my gears. I have received numerous emails from members here and one thing i frequently see is that many people can not spell basic words or even compose a sentence using basic english. Now, I am not an english major.... i am no genius, but this is something thats very important in this field. Lets be serious here.... in this field you will need to be able to clearly write reports. There is nothing more annoying than getting stuck with an illiterate partner and getting stuck doing their reports along with your own. If bosses cant understand it it ****es them off. I have seen bosses turn red and rip stuff up. Poor report writing can cause charges to be dismissed and even get you and your coworkers in trouble.

I do understand that english may not be your native language- but, you ARE in America applying for a job that requires detailed reports that include stuff that is going to be read and scrutinized by bosses and attorneys- even used in court. These reports are written in English. If I was your investigator and had to read crap written like some people here have written emails to me i would toss your file in the garbage. With all the educational resources available both at local colleges, online, etc- there is no reason that you cant learn to speak and write english at at least a Junior high-school level. (And in not talking about abbreviations / shortcuts- im talking about almost incoherent english).

Again- I'm far from an english scholar but if you really want this job you should learn the English Language. Learning how to properly communicate can also go a long way during Psych and Background Interviews.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• HighwayBob
        HighwayBob commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure the excuse of many is that they're posting from their phone. I don't find that acceptable. LOOK at what you wrote before you post it and correct it as necessary. And writing like you're texting your friend is really annoying. Write in complete sentences and words.

If you have to, re-read what you wrote after it's posted and if you see an error go back and edit your post.

• Agreed...but....just so you understand, it’s racist to require people to speak and write in English. By doing so, you are robbing them of their cultural identity... Far better to have illiterate cops out there so you can satisfy an agenda than to actually be able to provide LE services.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• TheGreatBambino
        TheGreatBambino commented
        Editing a comment
        Or even worse. A supervisor.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ll call it what it is- when I'm stuck writing your report because you never took the time to learn how to write... especially when its your ****ty communication skills that caused the incident with the skid.

• CCCSD
        CCCSD commented
        Editing a comment
        Oooohhh....you’re in SO MUCH trouble!

• What does it mean when you get a second interview after you appealed? Anyone else get a phone call saying to come in to get another psych interview?

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Means they are on the fence on making a decision. It could go either direction. Contact your appeal psych. Who did you use?

• nickyrisky
        nickyrisky commented
        Editing a comment
        Kronenberg and Dr Lerner

• Originally posted by nickyrisky View Post
      What does it mean when you get a second interview after you appealed? Anyone else get a phone call saying to come in to get another psych interview?
      Interesting, did you inform your lawyer or private psychologist of this?

Comment

• Has anybody appealed and been called in to redo the entire psychological exam? (Written and oral)

Comment

• nickyrisky
        nickyrisky commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by nickyrisky; 02-20-2020, 11:38 AM.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you in the midst of an appeal?

• pa/ny321
        pa/ny321 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is this normal?

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't say its abnormal, they want to give you another shot. Answer honestly, dont overhangs stuff and remain consistent....... talk to you Appeal psych before you go

• I got a NOPD. If I withdraw is it considered a withdraw or a DQ in regards to me applying to other departments.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it definitely will. You will be forced to disclose it. It will raise a red flag. They will inquire about it with nypd

• Originally posted by 12gang12 View Post
      I got a NOPD. If I withdraw is it considered a withdraw or a DQ in regards to me applying to other departments.
      I don't want to sound like "CCCSD" but please read the document completely. It will tell you, the answer you seeking.

Comment

• Just to give a heads up here.... be careful who you hire.... There as a "attorney" who also was a Psychologist who had to surrender his Psychology and Law License because he was a shelster. Some here used him, unfortunately. Make sure you pick someone who is reputable.

Rob Kronenberg and Mark Lerner can be reached through this very informative website.
        https://www.psychologicaldisqualificationappeals.com
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• I've read posts where people have been on psych review and got an email for the mini medical. I was just wondering if anyone who was in this position get offered the employment?

Comment

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            If you dont go, your case is discontinued. I wouldn’t perceive it as a good or bad sign.

• Whats going on people I received a NOD back in November 2019 in which i used kronenberg (I don't recommend). In October received an email to start the process for exam 8339 which i put on hold. In December of 2019 I decided to do the process again just for the hell of it and I passed Psych. I strongly think is who you get. I got DQ'd for some odd reason in the first place. For those who think your out give it another try, you never know. Good Luck to everyone

Comment

• NYC_C
            NYC_C commented
            Editing a comment
            ColdCoffee Congrats,Im glad everything worked out for you. Hopefully we're in the April class. I respect that but unfortunately I had a bad experience

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            ColdCoffee;

He may have no idea about your case because NYPD has not notified him of any changes. Im glad you had a good experience.

And (not directed towards you) Im not steering anybody to anyone; i have always said do your research, call him and other lawyers and feel them all out before you decide. Very few will spend 45 min on the phone for free explaining everything.

Applicants should keep in mind that a vast majority of successful appeals are decided at civil service hearings- and thats where having an attorney who is unsure of themself or one that confident and well spoken can really makes a difference- if they sound like a wet noodle, saying umm, uhh- imagine if they have to defend a point when questioned by a commisioner. Arguing something on paper and arguing it at hearing are two different things; the later of which is a talent (which is why criminal trial lawyers make the big bucks).

I hope the job is what both of you expect; go into it expecting the worst so your not disappointed. Try and use it as a stepping stone for other agencies.

• ColdCoffee
            ColdCoffee commented
            Editing a comment
            @Vista

The only thing that confuses me is why NYPD would take me off NOPD, make me finish my process after giving me 2nd psych, and then not tell my lawyer anything
            Last edited by ColdCoffee; 03-09-2020, 08:19 AM.

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            @coldcoffee

There is no way to predict why NYPD does what they do. Did you receive anything in writing about them making a decision on the psych? Usually- but, again theres no rhyme or reason.... everything you get in writing your lawyer should recieve too

• Post delete
          Last edited by DThomasNYPD; 02-26-2020, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Stupid question. My boy is supposed to go into the academy for FDNY but it got postponed due to the corona virus. Is the next NYPD academy in April being postponed too?

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              They are bracing for a staffing crisis. Specialized units are being redeployed. I could see them (short term) using academy staff to fill in for patrol. If the shortage persists long term, i could see them putting a class in and pushing them through as fast as possible.

Right now.... i would say they are focused on short term damage control.

• Hey everyone, just wanted to look for some answers here. I have been on psych review for about a month and half. I have been called for my mini-medical and I have completed that. My investigator was away for around 3-4 weeks, however, I do not know if that really effects my case. I was wondering why I may be on review for so long. All I literally needed was a notarized letter, nothing completely that serious at all. I’m pretty confused at this point and I haven’t gotten any answers really else where. If anyone could give me advice on what to do, that would be awesome or maybe why I’m just waiting so long to be cleared when everything has been handed in and I have been called for the last step before academy. Thanks!

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              At the very outset, everything has slowed down. Then you also have the possibility that your file is either just sitting in a desk waiting to be reviewed- or, that there is some sort of concern with it. Its a waiting game. Just wait until you are (or arent) cleared. All you can do. Dont keep calling.
              Last edited by Vista; 03-19-2020, 07:58 AM.

• Kblazo1415
              Kblazo1415 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know everything has been postponed, but my main thing is I don’t want to miss academy when that eventually rolls around. You think they will clear me in time for academy? I’m not going to call again for at least a few weeks to a month. Hopefully it changes then. Thank you for your reply and help!

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Do i think....

• Kblazo1415
              Kblazo1415 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, do you think they will clear me by academy or am I going to just be waiting still?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5067 users online. 377 members and 4690 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X