Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it normal for NYPD to want documents from another agencies Psych Interview & Poly?.

​​​​​​Or is this a sign of being placed on review and possible DQ? Had interview and they want that info.

Comment

• Coderedpl
      Coderedpl commented
      Editing a comment
      Vista well my question is irrelevant now as the agency doesn't release those records.

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      You better get documentation of that and make sure they send it to NYPD. You may find yourself in a precarious situation- if NYPD refuses to make a decision you may have to sue to have them released (in NYS they must release them under public health law).

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      what agency is It?

• Coderedpl
      Coderedpl commented
      Editing a comment
      rb1152013 NYS Agency

• I’m confused. I’m in traffic and on the p.o promotional list. But got DQ for ssa last year. They asked me about a few months ago asking me to retake the psych for a 2nd time. Should of I retake the psych or just wait it out till I get called for p.o?

Comment

• Whats going on everyone got the email for NOD but idk if ima take it to CSC. I feel like the amount of money Ive spent already on lawyer and Doc fees are too much. To dish out another $2600 for Kronenberg isn't worth it unless someone can recommend me another attorney i would appreciate it.

Comment

• randomF15
        randomF15 commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s $2600 charge for? I thought Kronenberg charges one time to appeal.

• NYC_C
        NYC_C commented
        Editing a comment
        If you decide to go through with the appeal of the NOD, he charges $2600 to represent you at CSC.

• ColdCoffee
        ColdCoffee commented
        Editing a comment
        That was a quick response if your appeal was submitted in May, I've been waiting since February, could you PM me the reason as to why they DQ you?

• Broski_88
        Broski_88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m on appeal process as well. My rebuttal was sent in July. Still haven’t heard anything from NYPD. I’m I’m hired Mr. Sheerin.

• Oh, did you meant hearing? I think there’s Kevin Sheerin but if you have choice between two I would go with Kronenberg.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        I was given patently false, poor legal advice by Sheerin.

Yes, Kronenberg can be tough to get in touch with but when it came time to get stuff done, it got done. He charges a premium because him and Dr. Lerner have some of the best success rates.

• NYC_C
        NYC_C commented
        Editing a comment
        No one can prove they have the best success rates. I know several people that have used Kevin Sheerin due to financial reasons and believe it or not they all got second interviews while myself and a few other people here used Kronenberg and got NOD. I believe he over charges people for no reason. I am going to point it out again, he wrote something in my report that wasn't true which perhaps could of effected me in their decision. Im not the only person he's done that to cause I keep in touch with people here through PM. Again everyone here can go with whom ever they like but I'm just informing everyone of my experince with Kronenberg and i really wouldn't recommend him to anybody.

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        Sheerin SUCKS. All he did for me, actually not even him, his assistant, touched up my word documents on why I should be hired and etc. Barely kept in touch with me and did not even get me past the first round which ultimately ended in a indefinite DQ. I do not recommend him.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as the success rate comment- That came from a Commissioner at Civil Service. They do a vast majority of these cases and have built a reputation at Civil Service commission. Unfortunately not all appeals are succesfull.

• Originally posted by NYC_C View Post
      If you decide to go through with the appeal of the NOD, he charges $2600 to represent you at CSC.
      That’s crazy. Might as well represent yourself if front of csc for that amount of money. Plus it’s a crapshoot. It’s not guaranteed you’ll win your appeal. I’m expecting a NOD in the mail. Should be receiving it soon according to my BI. I plan on appealing their decision and represent myself. It’s not the first time I’ve done it. You just have to have all your ducks in order and come prepared.

Comment

• NYC_C
        NYC_C commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Luck, I hope everything works for you!

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        If you represent yourself on an Appeal you might as well whipe your *** with the paper its printed on. At the very outset you need an outside psych opinion. Remember NYPD Will be represented by an attorney. If you want to see the **** they write ill try and dig it out.

The whole goal is to even make it as far as a hearing. You do not automatically get to go in front of CSC. First NYPD has a second chance at a decision (they sided with Kronenberg / Me). Then if they affirm the DQ they forward it to civil service who can either decide based on written submissions or schedule an evidentiary hearing (if they are on the fence) ..... your best shot is using a lawyer fro the get go. if you are afforded one..... go there with a lawyer. Even Civil service commission recommends using one in their webpage.

I promise you will not win an appeal on your own. “Ive done it before”- why haven’t you gotten hired?
        Last edited by Vista; 11-09-2019, 08:30 AM.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Its not really alot. Lawyers charge $375-$500 per hour. Thats a half day including travel time.

Sheerin told me to file an Article 78 to force them to DQ me....... asinine idea as that has never been succesful.

In other words 4 grand to force a DQ then he woulda charged me to appeal it and he probably would have pushed me to article 78 if i lost the appeal.

Kronenberg has represented me and several friend’s succesfully. Would not hesitate to use him and doctor lerner again.
        Last edited by Vista; 11-09-2019, 08:33 AM.

• I found out i am on psych review.
      i believe it is because they want to request the records from my NYSDOC oral psych exam. I was found psychologically unsuitable. I believe it was because i was just not mature enough at the time and did not answer the questions well.

This exam was 6 years ago. will it affect the decision for my nypd psych exam?

Comment

• Bravo16
        Bravo16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it will nypd is unforgiving.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        They will weigh it against you.

• Vista

I get what you're saying but I'm not in Psych review, I'm on character review. So no, I dont need to hire anyone else if my desire is to represent myself. Spending $3k on a lawyer on something that's not a 100% guarantee is ludacris in my opinion. And yes, I have represented myself successfully in a civil case a few years back. I feel like if you can explain yourself in a coherent manner in front of the csc about the red flags they've brought up on your background, you'll have a fighting chance to successfully move on to the next step. But to each their own.

Comment

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck with that. I had Sheerin represent me for a background and lost. I was flagged for a speeding, disobey traffic device and a arrest that was dismissed.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Character DQ’s are the most difficult to overturn because of the Immense discretion given to the PD. I will send you a PM.

• I took the test again this past week. Would I still need to provide documents again? Such as dispositions. I was in the process two years ago

Comment

• xknuckles

If don’t mind me asking, how much did Sheerin end up costing you? I just find it so hard to spend thousands of your hard earned money and “maybes”and “what ifs”.

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          2500. It is, it was a complete waste of time and money. I was better of withdrawing and trying again which is now

• Is it worth reapplying after recieving an nopd a few months ago?

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Doesn’t hurt to try I guess? I was DQ from the last exam which was 2-3 years ago but didn’t receive my official DQ till the beginning of this year. I emailed a recruiter and this was their response “Yes, the process would start anew. You are allowed to take as many exams for all city titles through DCAS. However, you should read the Notice of Exam prior.“ So I just took exam 0320 for the heck of it

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. By the time you process, 2-3 years will have passed. While they will see your prior DQ time can help you.

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista, I hope so. I just hope MTAPD hires me before NYPD does if I get the chance this time

• I don’t want to give false hope to anyone because everyone’s situation is different, but a DQ is not a LE career killer. Appealing is always an option but please be honest with yourself before doing so. The young kid with recent questionable transgressions in his past may benefit from some “growing up”. That kid was me. Took
        me over a decade and a few thousand dollars but I finally made it.

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          With that; I would like to add that even know my ultimate goal of appealing- of being hired by NYPD was unsuccessful, the appeal document was instrumental in the hiring decision of the department I ultimately got hired at.

• MrBigHead congratulations on finally making it. Is also true that is not a LE killer, but the truth is not everyone will make it, some people will never grow up and of will never be given a chance. Im personally still going through the fight her in NY but was given an opportunity out of state, but had to reconsider due to family and just hoping the best here now.

Comment

• If you want a police job that badly then you should go wherever you need to. Civilians have this glorious view of NYPD and policing in the big city. The truth is the job sucks and the environment sucks even more. After the first of the year it will just get that much worse with so-called "criminal justice reform". You will be heavily scrutinized and second-guessed no matter what you do. The criminals are in charge now and being treated like celebrities. Policing in New York is going down hill fast.

Comment

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Boom. Its going to be a **** show. These skids are jumping up and down about their anticipated release in the coming months.

Footnote: In retrospect, me not getting hired by NYPD was the best thing that happened to me. Im better off where I am today.

• TheGreatBambino
            TheGreatBambino commented
            Editing a comment
            You forgot getting free Mets tickets, lol.

• If you are currently on psyche review would they still schedule you for an initial interview? I read that they would continue for JST and Medicals just to keep you up to date but what about paperwork related processes.
          Last edited by Dustdog; 11-15-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            There is no rhyme or reason as to what they may or may not do.

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            To add to this, if you had your Psych before you saw your investigator- they certainly may still bring you in especially if the Psych Concerns are something that can be corroborated (either favorable or unfavorably) from the candidates background data.

• Hi guys,

I just called CAD and asked about my investigation. They said it was “pending psychological review.” My oral psych was in early September and the psychologist requested some documents, which were all sent. He gave me a two week deadline for all the documents to get there. My questions are: If the documents didn’t all get there in time, would they tell me and for how long would that delay things? If they did get there in time, any idea how long the review process will take?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            They may or may not tell you anything. Your file sits there on the shelf collecting dust (“review”) for whatever reason. How long it takes depends on the reason. Could weeks, months, longer. What kinda stuff did they ask for

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9355 users online. 355 members and 9000 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X