Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
    So if someone recieves an NOPD from nypd, does that automatically DQ them from NYCDOC? A candidate shouldn't even bother processing with DOC at that point?
    They are 2 completely different hiring process. Doc has it on standard. So don't worry.

Comment

• Be civil or be banned. This forum doesn’t exist for personal bickering.
      sigpic
      The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
      PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

• Hey guys, I need some help here and have questions

I took exam 4324, went through the process, until I got to my psych interview. I got the notice of proposal of disqualification, probably due to some social anxiety meds I took (at the time) 2 years ago. I signed the paper to remove my name from the exam list and never looked back. That was like 2 years ago.

I figured I give it another shot and called dcas to put my name back, however they said I need to take a whole new exam. I heard the exams now arent open all the time, so I figure it would take less time to wait.

1) if I take the new exam, will I have to wait 3-4 years again to be called to start the process? or did they speed things up now? How long do I have to wait now if I take the new exam this coming month? Because I am thinking of pursuing a career as a commercial pilot now, so I am worried I will be too much into my career by the time they call.

2) since my social anxiety meds were last taken 4 years ago, do you think I still have a chance? I never been prescribed or touched social anxeity meds anymore. I own a delicatessen in nyc, and honestly dont think I have social anxiety, I guess it was just a phase in life. Even my doctor said all teenagers have some sort of anxiety. I meet up to 100 different customers per day in my deli,

3) since I signed that paper, does it mean I was officially disqualified, or I just voluntarily withdrew? would it make a difference either way?

4) if I go thorugh the process again, how do you think I should answer the psyh question regarding the medicine history? I heard 4 years is the limit for any prescriptions, is this correct?

Comment

• Need some assistance just received the NOPD email. What are my next steps or rather recommended steps. There’s no way I want to withdraw or either take the disqualification and move on. I know it’s already been mentioned on previous post but based off the email I received I seems like I have only 30 days before the decision is final. I definitely want to get this reversed as I feel like I shouldn’t have been DQ’ed (as most people feel).

Also so I took the Suffolk County PD exam not to long ago and was wondering if this NOPD will have any effect on that exam. I’ve heard something about it but not too entirely sure.

Again if anyone has some help I’d greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• nybluuline
            nybluuline commented
            Editing a comment
            You need to hire your own psych and lawyer to fight your case. Move fast Bc as you said you only have 30 days

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Suffolk won't touch you with a NYPD Psych DQ. You should appeal. I recommend Rob Kronenberg and Mark Lerner. PM ME if you need there contact info or lookin in my signature,

• Hello Everyone,
          My List # is 5XXX, I wanted to ask a question and see if anyone maybe new the direction of where this could go.

I had my primary oral psych interview Sept 2018; I was told by the psychologist that she needed documents. Which I went to the locations to make sure they faxed over what was needed. When I checked with APD for OCT 2018 academy I was told I was on psych review.

I went for my second interview Jan 2019, a few days later the psychologist asked for documents which I went to the location for the documents to be faxed over. A month later the psychologist emails me stating she never received them. I went back to the location and made sure they gave me a fax sent receipt.

I checked with APD April 2019 and they said I was still on PSYCH REVIEW. During this process my JST and Mini Medical have been expiring but they always continue to schedule me to have them up to date for the following academy. I did the JST in April 2019 for the third time ( I’ve passed all 3 times ) and I have my mini medical appointment sched for Aug 2019 for the fifth time ( I’ve passed all 4 times).

I email my investigator to see how my case is going but he never responds back. The last time I had communication with him was regarding getting re-fingerprinted and the money order in Feb 2019. I have not reached out to the psychologist since that last email regarding the paper work being sent over in March 2019. I have officially been on psych review since Sept 2018. Is there a possibility that I may still be able to be cleared or is this possibly being prolonged to a DQ ? Any information will be helpful, Thank you

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            If they’re still inviting you back to redo your JST and mini medical then that’s a good sign. Once they stop bringing you back in to retake those things when necessary , that’s when things will likely turn into a notice of proposed disqualification

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Its possible but I had many mini-meds while on review. Contact candidate relations

• Quick question for a friend

Is a 2nd Psych interview a good or bad sign?

Positive - not a DQ..................but clearly concerned!

Candidate has been through all the rest of the process and has just been notified ?
          Last edited by Zorro; 07-16-2019, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s not bad. Sure it’s ideal to have only one psych and pass it. If the second psych goes well (in their eyes) then your friend should be fine

• Anyone that recently appealed - how long from the time your psych mailed in your appeal did it take to hear back from the nypd?

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            Of course that’s fine. I contacted my appeal psychologist and asked for a copy of his appeal notes for my own records. It’s not necessary at all.

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Takes a few months, easy. Welcome to civil service- where the wheels turn very slowly.

• pa/ny321
            pa/ny321 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do they have to hear your appeal or can they just disregard it?

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Does who have to “hear it”?

Civil service can decide based on paper submissions or schedule for an evidentiary hearing.

• Hey everyone I got nopd and than a disqualification so the next step is the civil service what are the chances I just feel like I wasted money on nothing . Has anyone ever dealt with this

Comment

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Who did you use for your appeal?

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did the NYPD give you a second interview before the official disqualification?

• Mr Levine first name gerold

Comment

• NYC_C
            NYC_C commented
            Editing a comment
            Vista Im gonna respectfully disagree brother, they go according to the case. If that was the situation we shouldn't even appeal or bring business to Mr.kronenberg. I feel like some people have weak cases compared to others (strong case) in which the NYPD sees and give them the 2nd interview.
            Last edited by NYC_C; 07-31-2019, 12:31 AM.

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            NYC_C Your missing what i said. Most often NYPD affirms there initial decision (they did not with me). Then it gets forwarded to civil service commission who has the final say. Kronenberg tells you- your probably going to get a letter saying the NYPD Affirms there decision- but, “Who gives a ****”- thats expected. Its not NYPD that you are relying upon, its civil service commission.

• NYC_C
            NYC_C commented
            Editing a comment
            Vista brother you said "rarely" which goes to most people. I believe it goes case by case basis.

You really think Mr.Kronenberg would tell his clients "your probably going to get a letter" ?

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            NYC_C Yeah, Kronenberg explicitly states that you will likely get a letter saying NYPD Affirms there decision- as most often they do. He also tells you that when you get it, you will end up calling all upset and he tells you the same thing. Thats the “who gives a **** letter”- as you never expected NYPD to side with you and that you should count on Civil Service as they have the final say, and not NYPD.

Kronenberg doesn’t mince words or bull****. He tells how it is.

• I used him because I felt like Robert korenberg only spoke on the phone I wanted to meet someone in person he actually charged more

Comment

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Levine charged more? He was a nice guy but he didn’t seem too aggressive and punctual.

Yeah, Rob is hard to get an appointment with- hes swamped with appeals and he’s always on the Run.

• delete delete

Comment

• Hey, what's up, everyone. I got DQ back in March and hired Robert Kronenberg and DR. Lerner... Dr. Lerner got sick and had to proceed with my process with Dr. Marc Janoson. The last time I saw Dr. Janoson was in the middle of June. Am I supposed to wait for an email from NYPD now? or do you think I should contact him and see what the next step is? Just asking what I'm supposed to be doing from this point on because nothing was really clear and I'm not sure if he sent over everything. Thank You

Comment

• CARRIER30
              CARRIER30 commented
              Editing a comment
              U can either email Mr. Kronenberg n call Dr. Janoson to see what’s the deal. Kronenberg responds back to emails faster then phonecalls

• nickyrisky
              nickyrisky commented
              Editing a comment
              that's what i did... thank you

• Question when your appeal gets denied by the NYPD and it goes to the civil service. do they have a hearing for you or do they just go over your file and make a decision?

Comment

• pa/ny321
              pa/ny321 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you get a NOD?

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              They could decide based on the written submissions of all parties, or schedule a hearing.

• Yes I got a nod

Comment

• nybluuline
              nybluuline commented
              Editing a comment
              How long did that take to get from the time your appeal was submitted?

• Necro145
              Necro145 commented
              Editing a comment
              5 months .....

• Even through some of us are currently on the appealing process. Would it a good idea to take the new NYPD P.O. test ?

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              Can’t hurt

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, especially if your getting close to the maximum age.

• nybluuline
              nybluuline commented
              Editing a comment
              Vista .. some say wait a few years before taking the exam again after getting a NOPD Bc the agency will most likely sustain it on the new exam. Do u still think it’s worth it to take the next possible exam?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8329 users online. 211 members and 8118 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X