Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth reapplying after recieving an nopd a few months ago?

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn’t hurt to try I guess? I was DQ from the last exam which was 2-3 years ago but didn’t receive my official DQ till the beginning of this year. I emailed a recruiter and this was their response “Yes, the process would start anew. You are allowed to take as many exams for all city titles through DCAS. However, you should read the Notice of Exam prior.“ So I just took exam 0320 for the heck of it

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. By the time you process, 2-3 years will have passed. While they will see your prior DQ time can help you.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Vista, I hope so. I just hope MTAPD hires me before NYPD does if I get the chance this time

• I don’t want to give false hope to anyone because everyone’s situation is different, but a DQ is not a LE career killer. Appealing is always an option but please be honest with yourself before doing so. The young kid with recent questionable transgressions in his past may benefit from some “growing up”. That kid was me. Took
    me over a decade and a few thousand dollars but I finally made it.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      With that; I would like to add that even know my ultimate goal of appealing- of being hired by NYPD was unsuccessful, the appeal document was instrumental in the hiring decision of the department I ultimately got hired at.

• MrBigHead congratulations on finally making it. Is also true that is not a LE killer, but the truth is not everyone will make it, some people will never grow up and of will never be given a chance. Im personally still going through the fight her in NY but was given an opportunity out of state, but had to reconsider due to family and just hoping the best here now.

Comment

• If you want a police job that badly then you should go wherever you need to. Civilians have this glorious view of NYPD and policing in the big city. The truth is the job sucks and the environment sucks even more. After the first of the year it will just get that much worse with so-called "criminal justice reform". You will be heavily scrutinized and second-guessed no matter what you do. The criminals are in charge now and being treated like celebrities. Policing in New York is going down hill fast.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Boom. Its going to be a **** show. These skids are jumping up and down about their anticipated release in the coming months.

Footnote: In retrospect, me not getting hired by NYPD was the best thing that happened to me. Im better off where I am today.

• TheGreatBambino
        TheGreatBambino commented
        Editing a comment
        You forgot getting free Mets tickets, lol.

• If you are currently on psyche review would they still schedule you for an initial interview? I read that they would continue for JST and Medicals just to keep you up to date but what about paperwork related processes.
      Last edited by Dustdog; 11-15-2019, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no rhyme or reason as to what they may or may not do.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        To add to this, if you had your Psych before you saw your investigator- they certainly may still bring you in especially if the Psych Concerns are something that can be corroborated (either favorable or unfavorably) from the candidates background data.

• Hi guys,

I just called CAD and asked about my investigation. They said it was “pending psychological review.” My oral psych was in early September and the psychologist requested some documents, which were all sent. He gave me a two week deadline for all the documents to get there. My questions are: If the documents didn’t all get there in time, would they tell me and for how long would that delay things? If they did get there in time, any idea how long the review process will take?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        They may or may not tell you anything. Your file sits there on the shelf collecting dust (“review”) for whatever reason. How long it takes depends on the reason. Could weeks, months, longer. What kinda stuff did they ask for

• If I take this newest exam.. .

How long until they start to process me for the first step?

Is it still like 3 years? Or did they speed things up now and cut it back to a year or something.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        It really depends on how you score and the anticipated hiring needs of the department / attrition. If they expect a lot of retirements they will start processing more/quicker. (Many will retire as they are hitting the 20-25 mark- given the horrible anti-police climate and how terrible the job treats them- they want to run).

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
      If I take this newest exam.. .

How long until they start to process me for the first step?

Is it still like 3 years? Or did they speed things up now and cut it back to a year or something.
      It depends how high you score. The list for your exam will be established next year. I scored an 89.3 without receiving the 5 extra points for being a resident and it took me about a year from when the list was established in February 2018 to get contacted by the processing unit to start my APD and medical clearance. You have to be patient.

Comment

Last edited by Mandony; 01-21-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• nybluuline
          nybluuline commented
          Editing a comment
          ColdCoffee when did you submit your appeal?

• ColdCoffee
          ColdCoffee commented
          Editing a comment
          My appeal was sent in February

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          You most likely got a Second Interview because they know that they will have a very hard time sustaining the original disqualification at hearing without the original examiner present. It’s very hard for a third party to provide testimony as to the mindset and rationale of someone else's opinion. If the NYPD continued and presented a DQ like this, it would be (your) attorneys dream. Either way, it’s a good thing- its a second set of eyes. Do your self a favor and read your appeal and memorize it and go over everything with your attorney and appeal psych as in the second interview they are likely going to go into great depth with things that they were originally concerned about.

• ColdCoffee
          ColdCoffee commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah basically my NoPD was about not being able to handle stresses of a police officer based on employment and educational history, kronenberg submitted a really good appeal on my behalf shutting down everything that was said about me, I am very glad

• Edited because not relevant anymore
        Last edited by lk2018; 12-26-2019, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Just wait it out man. Thats all you can do!

• If I am in the middle of an appeal process and my JST expires in February, will I be called back in February to retake my JST? Or will they only call me back to take it if the NOPD gets overturned?

Comment

• nybluuline
          nybluuline commented
          Editing a comment
          If u received a NOPD u don’t process for any other steps regardless if they expire.

• Got it thanks for the help

Comment

• Hey guys, long story short I received a background NOD back in July regards driving record and omission of fact and currently in process of appeal, has anyone experience same and decision has been reversed?

Comment

• nickyrisky
            nickyrisky commented
            Editing a comment
            yea idk, from what I'm hearing is this process is long.. have to be patient ...my attorney sent everything end of October so now I'm waiting as well.. 90 days for me is this month so I will keep you updated if I hear anything

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            I had one speeding ticket and one disobey traffic device they used against me along with my dismissed arrest. Lost

• nickyrisky
            nickyrisky commented
            Editing a comment
            sorry to hear that whats your next move?

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I retook the test anyways along with a few other depts. so I’m just waiting o those

• I keep seeing post that csc answers within 90 days it’s over 90 days for me . Should I call according to my attorney the csc answers when they feel like it

Comment

• Ag1986
            Ag1986 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is correct, they don’t follow the same rules they put on candidates. They answer as they please.

• I been waiting for word since early Aug. 2019

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5220 users online. 394 members and 4826 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X