Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you lied about the OCD diagnosis because you are “pretty over it”... You do know it’s in your medical records, right?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Willful Omission of Pertinent fact / deception is a terrible idea and very hard to overcome if used as a basis for DQ.

Its the job of the Psych Dept to decide if the candidate is “over it”, not the candidate. Very hard to appeal when your caught basically deceiving the dept.

• I took the nypd exam 5325 few years ago. They put me on review for 1 year and then i was sent the nopd letter. I hired Kevin Sheerin and Robert Daley. Robert Daley wrote the appeal and sent it to nypd on november 15, 2018 and it is now june 8,2019 and i have heard nothing back. Its been 6 month and most people i spoke with said they hear back within 3-4 months. Who should i contact to see how my appeal is going because when i contacted Robert Daley he said all communications from nypd will go through me.

Comment

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well he’s right. Kevin Sheerin will tell you the same. Sheerin will also tell you the longer It takes for them to answer, statistically, is a good thing as it’s more likely to be in your favor. Not guaranteed obviously. You just have to wait for an email from Nypd, (check spam as well) and contact Sheerin when you do whether the email is in your favor or not
      Last edited by rb1152013; 06-09-2019, 05:38 AM.

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      You could contact psych services to see what your appeal status is, or contact your investigator. If your cleared your BI should call you to update your packet with them. Send me a PM if you want, i should have the phone numbers (if they have not changed)

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Sheerin was such a ****ty lawyer. He did nothing for me but put his name on my documents

• Originally posted by ARG1982 View Post
    Hi everyone. I am in the process with NYC probation (they do medical and psych through corrections). I have OCD/ADHD. I take medication, Zoloft and Wellbutrin. I am almost off Zoloft. I have no arrests or hospitalizations. Never done any illegal drugs (except trying marijuana). I told the psychiatrist that I suffer from ADHD and issues related (some depression from the struggles, etc). I did not mention OCD cause I am pretty over it. I had my doctor and psychologist write recommendations. I failed NYPD school safety psych in 2015. They asked about this and I told the reason was because I was overly honest with the psychiatrist about my views on marijuana. Anyway, what do you think will happen with probation psych? I have a masters in criminal justice and cybersecurity training.
    Are you medical clear from OCD? Because withholding this type of information could get you in trouble if they find out from your records

Comment

• Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post

Are you medical clear from OCD? Because withholding this type of information could get you in trouble if they find out from your records
      Yes I am off Zoloft.

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your last post 4 days ago said you’re “almost off Zoloft”. So now you’re lying to us as well as the Nypd? Also, you refusing to take necessary medications doesn’t mean you’re medically cleared, your doctor makes that decision

• ARG1982
        ARG1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        My doctor weaned me off of it. I was almost off and then getting off. At the time of the actually exam I had not weaned off it yet. Sorry I was not clear. You can’t just stop taking it as you must know. I am just frustrated with the whole thing. They seem to paint everyone on meds with one brush.

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        So you're off Zoloft but still on Wellbutrin. When asked if you've ever taken any psychotropic meds I assume you'll say yes. They'll ask what for you'll respond ADHD/OCD. Now they may wonder why you never mentioned the OCD. Especially since you were not cleared of it by your doctor. It might be a honest mistake on your part but it will likely come across as dishonest

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Ambiguity in your answers and statements will seldom he resolved in your favor.

Im not a Psychologist or Doctor; but discontinuing medication only recently is unlikely to indicate that you are “over” the condition. Realistically, there really isn't enough histological data while your drug free.

You would be smart to consult with a Psychologist who specializes in NYPD Appeal cases to see how you can most favorably articulate your medical condition and possibly prevent you from getting DQ.

• That’s not cleared.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• 2007 P.O. psych dq
        2010 PCT psych dq
        2017 P.O. background dq - appeal & dq reversed
        2019 P.O. psych dq - appeal & dq reversed
        i heard background appeals are impossible to win. I heard previous psych dq’s will make it impossible to reverse another. Clearly everyone’s situation is different but nothing is impossible. Good luck to everyone
        Last edited by MrBigHead; 06-12-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          did you retake the nypd exam? im considering taking it again. Is there time frame you have to wait before taking it again?

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          I took my P.O. exam in 2007 and never appealed the psych dq. Took the exam again in 2013, in the academy now.
          I’m not sure if there is a definitive time frame. It’s generally believed the more time removed from whatever was the cause of your dq the better.

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          I took mine in 2017, next exam is this fall 19. The cause happened in 2014. Might be too soon

• ——Deleted——

Comment

• Got the hiring email!!

Good luck everyone, nothing is impossible, was on psych review for 2 years and got NOPD and appeal it thru Kronenberg. Won my appeal!

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been on review for nearly 2 years as well lmao thats so insane

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            anyways, congrats man. enjoy

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            Got the email as well. Congrats to you.

• Anyone who has been trying to get in touch with Dr.
          Lerner, he has returned too work and once again taking cases.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• heelee91
            heelee91 commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you speak to Dr. Lerner?

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            heelee91 i have not spoken to him personally but saw a post he made on his facebook. Kronenberg reached out to inform
            Me as well.

• I have a question.... I went thru the whole process and pass all (cleared BI, passed JST and passed drug test). I was on track for an April 2019 hire but got held up on paperwork that the psych wanted. The paperwork was never sent and I miss the April class. Now the July class is in 2 weeks and I got a phone call last Monday from a sergeant and he told me I had to take another drug test because they expire every hire. I did so and I know I’m going to pass. Just now I got another call from the psych department and they wanna do a follow up. Has anyone ever had this experience before, if so what happen?

Comment

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Followup means they are on the fence about a decision. You may benefit from talking to Dr. Mark Lerner before you see the second psychologist- perhaps he can help you identify potential trouble areas / issues of concern and help you prevent yourself from being DQ.
            From

• Wa1rior
            Wa1rior commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish, I would have prepare better for the follow up interview. Also check Rob krog Youtube video regarding the Interview it helps.

• Hey guys, I received my NOPD on June 13th and spoke with Kronenberg who charges A WHOLE LOT, $3500. Is there anyone else that I can retain as an attorney?

Thanks!
          Last edited by jayd1987; 06-23-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            Leave a message

• jayd1987
            jayd1987 commented
            Editing a comment
            I left a voicemail for RK and he called me back this past Friday. He's very knowledgeable but he insisted on the full payment over the phone and that to me was a turn off. I even asked for half now and half after and he said no.

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah sure $3500 is a nice chunk of money- but they put alot of time into these cases. Most lawyers work on a Retainer basis- hourly fee (300-350 an hour). You could easily surpass the $3500.

Im sure you can find someone cheaper- but keep in mind he wins the most of these cases and its a one shot deal. Theres a reason why appeal psychologists are seeking him out to do these cases (but he primarily works
            With lerner). .
            Last edited by Vista; 06-24-2019, 08:04 PM.

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            @nyubluuline send me a email mcb11384@gmail.com ill get in touch with Rob

• Vista seems like you have hired Mr. kronenberg and keep in contact with him which is good. I personally im having a different experience with him, after hiring him and finishing my sessions with Dr. Lerner I have not been able to have any communications with him of any kind not an email response and wont return any calls. I find it a bit weird that he is being so unprofessional with his reputation. I don't even know if my report was sent in or not.

Comment

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you last see Dr. Lerner? Send me an email and ill get back to you (probably next week).

He can be tough to get in touch with- he works alone and he’s swamped- but in my experience he has always been on top of deadlines- even know at times he has been tough to get in touch with.

• Hello,
          This post is not regarding psych dq but few question on background dq. Any infos are helpful. I have received background nopd back in April and my appeal has been submitted to nypd but they declined it and send to civil service commission. Does anyone of you guys been through this whole process and has decision reversed? Anything helps, thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ag1986 View Post
            Vista seems like you have hired Mr. kronenberg and keep in contact with him which is good. I personally im having a different experience with him, after hiring him and finishing my sessions with Dr. Lerner I have not been able to have any communications with him of any kind not an email response and wont return any calls. I find it a bit weird that he is being so unprofessional with his reputation. I don't even know if my report was sent in or not.
            honestly what happen with Dr Lerner, has affects all of us. He is human and is sad what happen to him. Mr Krognenber call me 3 weeks after and explain what happen. He decide to move over 120 people cases to his other 3 expert including myself. I spoke with the new expert and he is currently waiting for my files from the NYPD which take around 30 to 60 days. We knew getting into this that, it a very very slow process. I understand the frustrating and dissapoment of no been in the Academy rigth now. All we can do is wait and be patient.

Comment

• So if someone recieves an NOPD from nypd, does that automatically DQ them from NYCDOC? A candidate shouldn't even bother processing with DOC at that point?

Comment

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not true at all. Take the exam. The reasoning behind your DQ could be relevant though (you got caught lying, you have 6 DUI’s, etc)

• MrBigHead
                MrBigHead commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes you should bother applying to DOC if that’s what you want to do. I had to psych DQ’s from PD and was later hired by DOC. The hiring process are very similar but what each agency deems desirable/undesirable in their candidates may differ. Due to the NOPD you’re probably at a disadvantage compared to a candidate without it

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11733 users online. 456 members and 11277 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X