Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
    Brother and Fellow Aux , the truth is if you are on review there a 99% you will get dq ok , it happen to me and the bad thing about it is you take any other exams that NYPD Psychological services handles you will get dq no meter what. Any other exam with NYPD no meter the job description or title. They process DEP Police and i got dq because NYPD Psych services does the psych for DEP Police.
    That's not true! Depends on what kind of review you're put on. But I think his case is they are investigating his fight and his 99 problem. But he should be cleared depending on what his case is. They dq you mostly for excessive visiting any kind of counseling (physc) or compulsive drinking problem/ fights / racism.
    "REMEMBER, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN" !

Comment

• Originally posted by Ten-4 View Post
      That's not true! Depends on what kind of review you're put on. But I think his case is they are investigating his fight and his 99 problem. But he should be cleared depending on what his case is. They dq you mostly for excessive visiting any kind of counseling (physc) or compulsive drinking problem/ fights / racism.
      Agreed, it's not true. A lot of people get put on review because they need paperwork from school, etc, and then get taken off of review.

Comment

Social worker is not a counselor ... If they don't ask don't answer. They ask for suspension but they don't ask for skipping class... Physc doesn't see your school records your bi does. Physc goes based on the written physc
        Horrible advice. The BI and the Psych share and compare information both before and after you meet with them. Your BI also sends out reference letters to schools which ask for ANY indication of trouble. They also request records from the State. Social Workers often perform the role of a Guidance Counselor in schools and have the same reporting requirements to the State Office of Mental Hygiene that Guidance Counselors do(which you will sign a release for and the psych AND BI will request records from). Worst advice possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
          Horrible advice. The BI and the Psych share and compare information both before and after you meet with them. Your BI also sends out reference letters to schools which ask for ANY indication of trouble. They also request records from the State. Social Workers often perform the role of a Guidance Counselor in schools and have the same reporting requirements to the State Office of Mental Hygiene that Guidance Counselors do(which you will sign a release for and the psych AND BI will request records from). Worst advice possible.
          Very true, the psychologist from corrections straight up told me that a lot of information is obtained through your bi.
          sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• Will the nypd dq me for school safety, if i got dq for nypd p.o position. Or will they do their own evaluations?

Comment

I was referring to the case that they put you on review and they didn't ask you for any paperwork, please ready Ten-4 , only if you are put on review and was not ask to give paperwork and its already like 6 months and nothing. I am putting this input base on what has happen to me and others within the same situation and time frame.
              Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• I got placed on review for something minor, and had to come back in for a follow up interview. Now about a week or two later I am scheduled for another step in the process. Am I still under review?

Comment

• Originally posted by mansbro91 View Post
                  I got placed on review for something minor, and had to come back in for a follow up interview. Now about a week or two later I am scheduled for another step in the process. Am I still under review?
                  If is something minor , that no big deal , they just want clarify and second check things..
                  Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                    If is something minor , that no big deal , they just want clarify and second check things..
                    im in the same boat bro! gotta go back next week to "update paperwork"
                    Exam: 1302
                    List: 10xx
                    Medical: Completed
                    Psych Written: Completed
                    Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
                    BI: Completed
                    Social media: Completed
                    Jst:
                    MiniMed:

July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

Comment

Social worker is not a counselor ... If they don't ask don't answer. They ask for suspension but they don't ask for skipping class... Physc doesn't see your school records your bi does. Physc goes based on the written physc
                      Your wrong. Psych can ask the BI for ANything they want too.
                      Problems with a psych exam?
                      Have an upcoming
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.
                      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• If your placed on psych review do u still continue the proceds or are u frozen to do anymore steps in the process until they make a decision? Because in the past month I had my written , oral and I met my BI for the very first time 3 days after mypsysch. I found out I got put on psych review. But today I got called in for my social media check and I passed. So im confused on whats going on lol
                        Exam: 1302
                        List: 10xx
                        Medical: Completed
                        Psych Written: Completed
                        Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
                        BI: Completed
                        Social media: Completed
                        Jst:
                        MiniMed:

July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

Comment

i always wondered why people get DQ'ed i met with a police officer from my hometown here in westchester and he told me the same thing.....excessive counseling,drinking,fighting,racism and excessive drugs use in the past
                          Exam # 3315
                          List # 7**
                          APD-5: ??
                          Medical: ??
                          Social Media Check: ??
                          Written Psych: ??
                          Oral Psych: ??
                          BI: ??
                          Initial Interview w/ Investigator:??
                          JST:??
                          Mini med:??

Comment

• what are the most common factors for a psych dq? (other than past psych counseling)
                            NYPD Exam 2344 -- 06/2012 || List# 1XXX -- 01/2013
                            APD 5: - 5/2014 | Medical: 10/14 - Passed | Written Psych: 10/14 - Completed
                            Oral Psych: 11/14 - Passed | BI Meeting: 01/15 - Completed
                            JST: 04/15 - Completed | Mini Med: 04/15 - Completed || GOT THE EMAIL! 07/02/15

Comment

• Originally posted by brooklyn's finest View Post
                              what are the most common factors for a psych dq? (other than past psych counseling)
                              Caught lying at current or anytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by laronb17 View Post
                                If your placed on psych review do u still continue the proceds or are u frozen to do anymore steps in the process until they make a decision? Because in the past month I had my written , oral and I met my BI for the very first time 3 days after mypsysch. I found out I got put on psych review. But today I got called in for my social media check and I passed. So im confused on whats going on lol
                                You will have to do just and mini med before every class you qualify for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8215 users online. 427 members and 7788 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X