Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You were arrested. They don’t seal cases from LE. Your opinion isn’t what matters.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• CCCSD
      CCCSD commented
      Editing a comment
      Guess you should know the law.

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      It says sealed but they still see it, read it, and are free to use it against you.

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      I had dismissed minor traffic summonses- mostly lights, tints- never had more than a 2 Point Traffic conviction and they hammered me- they the original charge as negative LE contact, not the final dispo.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Vista for the clarification.

• Im curious, does writing your own statement of appeal work or is this method completely useless? Alot of people just go straight to hiring a lawyer and a private psych and probably never attempt to write their own appeal. Anyone have any luck with this?

Comment

• Tactical1
      Tactical1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I see what your saying, but do you know of anyone who has had success in writing their own appeal? Some people just cannot afford to hire a lawyer and a psych doc.

• MrBigHead
      MrBigHead commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never heard of anyone successfully writing their own appeal. I was reading the court transcripts of a guy who appealed to the civil service commission. He represented himself and successfully won his appeal

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a waste of paper

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Hiring an independent psychologist is mandatory.

• Anyone currently waiting for Dr.Lerner second interview?

Comment

• NYC_C
      NYC_C commented
      Editing a comment
      I already had my second interview with Dr.Lerner. I might be able to answer any questions you have in regards to the second interview.

• Xknuckles...."Sealed” means the general public cannot see the record. Any agency involved in LE and agencies involved in child care or stocks will have access to your record.

Comment

• Has anyone had an appointment cancelled by Dr Mark Lerner due to him being ill/sick? I think he’s been out of office for about 6 weeks now until further notice. I’ve been calling his office for almost 6 weeks. As well as Kronenberg n no1 is picking up. Does anyone know what’s going on?

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is why I did not go with Kronenberg, as nobody would answer the phone when I tried to get him to take my case. He got back to me a week later when I already hired someone else.

• nickyrisky
        nickyrisky commented
        Editing a comment
        He's a busy guy and I did get in touch with him. Didn't leave anyone blind. Does not mean he's not suitable to hire. Good luck tho!

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        He won’t leave you hanging- Dr. Lerner is a good guy, he’s pretty on point with things and he speaks with Kronenberg daily- I just sent him (Lerner)a message no reply yet but I spoke with Him about a month ago, he took my friends case. I’ll let you guys know if I make contact. Has he received your records yet?

Yes- Rob Kronenberg can be tough to get in touch with. Keep in mind, he works alone and does these cases in his retirement. While he’s been tough to get in touch with he has always gotten stuff done well before the deadline. If I don’t hear from mark, I’ll try and reach out to Rob.
        Last edited by Vista; 05-15-2019, 09:24 PM.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        See my post low regarding Dr. Lerner’s anticipated return to work.
        Last edited by Vista; 05-17-2019, 07:13 AM.

• Hey guys, I have been reading and keeping up with this thread ever since I received a NOPD for nypd exam 7323.
      I hired Mr. Kronenberg and Dr. Lerner, and came to find out that I received a NOPD due to not being able to handle the stress of a police officer. Immediately I hired a lawyer and psych to fight this for me because I strongly believe that was a mistake, However not fighting this is basically saying what ever the psych said about me is correct, even if its fabricated or even if its not. I believe it takes about 3-4 Months until after your defense team sends in the appeal to receive a decision from the NYPD as to whether or not they reverse your decision based off what some fellow posters has mentioned on this thread. It has been maybe 2 and a half months since my appeal was submitted and currently just waiting it out. However I hope that others find some way to afford an appeal team, and don't let some generic excuses similar to mine discourage you from pursuing a dream or career you desire.
      Last edited by ColdCoffee; 05-15-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• J2H
        J2H commented
        Editing a comment
        Not everyone is fit for this lifestyle

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
      He won’t leave you hanging- Dr. Lerner is a good guy, he’s pretty on point with things and he speaks with Kronenberg daily- I just sent him (Lerner)a message no reply yet but I spoke with Him about a month ago, he took my friends case. I’ll let you guys know if I make contact. Has he received your records yet?

Yes- Rob Kronenberg can be tough to get in touch with. Keep in mind, he works alone and does these cases in his retirement. While he’s been tough to get in touch with he has always gotten stuff done well before the deadline. If I don’t hear from mark, I’ll try and reach out to Rob.

Comment

• Yes Dr Lerner has received my records, scheduled an app for 2nd interview & then cancelled the interview due to him being ill

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          And I’m sure you reached out to Rob kronenberg?

• Updated: Some have expressed concern of their Inability to reach Dr. Lerner in his time of illness, of which, I myself learned of on here.

Dr. Lerner was in fact hospitalized and is recovering. He will be returning to work in the coming weeks and will complete the appeals at that time.
        Last edited by Vista; 05-17-2019, 06:13 AM.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• PRNY
          PRNY commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Vista.

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
        Im curious, does writing your own statement of appeal work or is this method completely useless? Alot of people just go straight to hiring a lawyer and a private psych and probably never attempt to write their own appeal. Anyone have any luck with this?
        What would it say, that you believe that the psychologist is wrong? Of course you do, but how do you expect to write an unbiased opinion of yourself?

Now, more importantly- even if they would release your file to you (which they won’t, only a licensed psychologist can view it) are you qualified to review it?

Writing your own appeal is a waste waste of paper- should just use it to wipe yourself.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• If anyone knows from experience.. if you are to appeal and the nypd denies your appeal .. is it even worth it to go to the CsC? What are the chances they go against the nypd decision? Again I’m sure it depends on the case but is the csc most likely to side with them? Thanks everyone.

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            csc is a separate entity from NYPD. They will make their own decision and as you said it depends on the case

• nybluuline
            nybluuline commented
            Editing a comment
            RB, now are they more likely at times to side with the nypd decision? Or to favor in the candidate

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            As you said It will depend on the case

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            CSC is more likely to overturn NYPD’s decision than the NYPD reversing their own DQ. CSC is who your relying upon- their are a
            Reasonable group.

• Hello, I have a question. What is the benefit on processing under promotional exam for police officer?

Comment

• Once your private psych doctor submits the rebuttal does the NYPD have to give you an interview with a review psychologist?

Comment

• MrBigHead
              MrBigHead commented
              Editing a comment
              No they do not.

• Hello,
            Has anyone appealed on background NOPD and successfully reverse on decision recently?
            I would appreciate all information.

Comment

• MrBigHead
              MrBigHead commented
              Editing a comment
              Roughly 2yrs ago I had a background dq reversed

• Hi everyone. I am in the process with NYC probation (they do medical and psych through corrections). I have OCD/ADHD. I take medication, Zoloft and Wellbutrin. I am almost off Zoloft. I have no arrests or hospitalizations. Never done any illegal drugs (except trying marijuana). I told the psychiatrist that I suffer from ADHD and issues related (some depression from the struggles, etc). I did not mention OCD cause I am pretty over it. I had my doctor and psychologist write recommendations. I failed NYPD school safety psych in 2015. They asked about this and I told the reason was because I was overly honest with the psychiatrist about my views on marijuana. Anyway, what do you think will happen with probation psych? I have a masters in criminal justice and cybersecurity training.

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              You admitted to ADHD and Depression, and omitted the OCD Diagnosis. They may take that as deception.

Three NYPD Cops committed suicide in the last month; you can bet that your going to have problems here. You have a documented clinical history of Psychological issues- its not like they are jumping to arbitrary independent conclusions.

Your best bet is when your DQ; get your DQ File and file an appeal. Perhaps you and a qualified appeal team can articulate a good defense of your case.

Luckily, NYPD Psychologists often lack any real experience and the DQ’s lack any basis in Psychology- basically they just **** talk and back it up poorly. Some of them are even non-doctorate level Examiners.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7425 users online. 264 members and 7161 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X