Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m on review. It was expected (I’ve sought therapy before) but my question is, is it worth it to collect everything from my docs and give it to psych or withdraw before they probably DQ me anyway? Just looking for other people’s experience. Counseling was for grief and combat-related experiences. Thanks!

Comment

• FLE Candidate
      FLE Candidate commented
      Editing a comment
      No, you’re right, I haven’t been DQ’d. They did request records and I’m sending out the requests now. You’re right that reading through here just doesn’t leave me too optimistic. I think my decision is between withdrawing before a DQ so it’s not on my record if I go local, or let it go through and let the chips fall where they may. The 2nd option just seems more fatalistic. I’d probably be done applying for law enforcement but a psych DQ would cement that decision.

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Do not prematurely withdraw. Have everything sent certified mail, return receipt requested. Get copies for yourself as well. If you get a NOPD these will be helpful.

• randomF15
      randomF15 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is worth of collecting documents they have requested. My status was psych discontinued due to additional documents needed. After giving them what they wanted I was back in review for probably 2months and they wanted to schedule me for a 2nd interview and got cleared the day after the interview. Takes times but it's worth of putting your efforts. Good luck.

• FLE Candidate
      FLE Candidate commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thanks guys. I’ve sent the request for records from my doctors. I fear the uphill battle but what can I do? I’ll check back in when I know more.

• If you withdraw a DQ may not be on your record but when applying to other LE jobs they'll ask if you ever applied to any other LE jobs. You say yes and then that opens you up to why you withdrew from the process. Just because you are DQ'ed from 1 dept. it doesn't mean you're "blacklisted" from all LE jobs.

Comment

• I know it’s different for everybody but I’m curious. I know that the NYPD has 60 days to send your file out after you tell them you want to appeal. For those who have been through it around how long did it take them to send, most likely the full 60 days.. or shorter ?

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        For me, they practically mailed It on the 60th day

• nybluuline
        nybluuline commented
        Editing a comment
        seems they have no method to their madness.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Who did you use?

• Rb11 for them to mail it to my psy, only took 29 days. It definitely case by case. He just got it.

Comment

• For everyone on review or battling in an appeal, i wish you the best of luck! Anything is possible keep your head up. I been on review for a year, got the hire email yesterday! Keep your head up and stay positive. Good luck!

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats and best of luck! was it a psych or background dq?

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          You appealed and won?

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista seems like he was simply on review and finally got in

• Getienne95
          Getienne95 commented
          Editing a comment
          Never had an official appeal. Called back in before my appeal started and cleared after the second interview.

• Once your private psych mails your appeal in how long does it take to hear anything?

Comment

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          About 3-4 months

• Hey guys, just writting here to let you all know to never loose hope. I used to spend hours on here reading comments. I’ve been on psych review since May 2016. I did my appeal thru Mr. Kronenberg, got called for a 2nd interview last month. I just got qualified last week. Everything is possible so keep y’all head up.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats. Did they push you into the April academy?
          Last edited by rb1152013; 04-16-2019, 03:24 PM.

• Anyone who has previously had to appeal. I would be thankful if you PM and with any info regarding the process, as I am currently fresh into it. Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by nybluuline View Post
          Anyone who has previously had to appeal. I would be thankful if you PM and with any info regarding the process, as I am currently fresh into it. Thank you
          Send me an email.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• randomF15
            randomF15 commented
            Editing a comment
            What was your reason and how long did it took you?

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            The reasons listed were an arrest, unsatisfactory private employment and negative employment record. It took about 4 months.

• randomF15
            randomF15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to hear. Are you currently in the Academy?

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunately no. Currently appealing a psych DQ

• deleted message
          Last edited by nickyrisky; 05-15-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• nybluuline
            nybluuline commented
            Editing a comment
            Message me. How long did the nypd take to send?

• Been on hold since pysch since December he wanted my medical records and my school records he received the medical records around April how much longer do I wait for a answer ?

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            It took you 4 months to send your medical records?

• I recently got my NOPD in January and I immediately hired Mr. Sheerin and his recommend psychologist. After my private psych got my report from the NYPD, basically it stated I was psychologically DQ because of my nervousness, having anxiety which I do not have , and unwillingness to make friends easily. Record is clean, never consumed substances nor medications. All the report stated how I cannot handle the stress of a police officer.

I am unsure of the outcome of the appeal but after seeing so many reversed decisions I have hope. Any advice would you give me helps and do you think I will have a shot?

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            “Unable to handle to stress of being a police officer” is like a generic excuse they use to disqualify people. Chances are your psychologist has no solid reasons to disqualify and is using fabricated lies to get you. Assuming your psychologist is wrong about you, your appeal psychologist will write up a good report for you and after that all you can do is hope for the best

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            The psych process is more than how clean your record is. I think this is what confuses people. How you answer the multiple choice questions, how you draw your pictures all plays a factor. This is before you even take your oral. The reasons given are vague and generic. Unfortunately the outcome comes down to a psychologist "expert" opinion of you.

• nybluuline
            nybluuline commented
            Editing a comment
            I’d say you have a good shot to win considering your report has no reasons to back up their argument to use those reasons to dq you, against you

• Question out of curiosity. Currently going through with the appeal. If you win and can be hired do you have to take over the JST? I know mini medical is before each academy you may get in. But JST I'm not sure

Comment

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            If I'm not mistaken the JST is good for 6 months. If you win your appeal and finish processing with 6 months of taking the JST you shouldn't have to take it again. Not sure how long the mini-med is good for but the same rules apply

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            JST to be retaken every 6 months

• I received the CSC final decision today, my DQ is affirmed. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks rb. Maybe corrections will take me

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            Corrections takes most people, believe me. They’re near desperate for people lol everyone quits

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I know that’s why I’ll try my luck, need something while waiting on cbp

• nickyrisky
            nickyrisky commented
            Editing a comment
            why were you DQ

• Originally posted by xknuckles View Post
          I received the CSC final decision today, my DQ is affirmed. Good luck everyone.
          Apply again bro.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Well of course I think it’s not legit. I was arrested and my case was dismissed and sealed. The depts argument is literally “Insufficient evidence to prove he committed the crime but still is guilty”.

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            After a certain period of time psych has no relevant data on you. Some say 3yrs but in essence the report is "old".

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            I think the decision is good for 3 years from date of original interview. So by the time you take a test, gets graded- you process- your right at the Mark.

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Wouldnt they just DQ me again after seeing my file?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6932 users online. 227 members and 6705 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X