Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took the oral psych this past Saturday, called ADP last night and my status is PSYCH REVIEW.

I completed everything (JST, oral/written, min-med) and wasn't told to bring any additional records or documents after a short 40-45 minute oral interview. The interview went, seemingly, well. After seeing so many posts/blogs no review is good. Any thoughts/ideas on what happens next?

Comment

• Originally posted by kharennn View Post
      I took the oral psych this past Saturday, called ADP last night and my status is PSYCH REVIEW.

I completed everything (JST, oral/written, min-med) and wasn't told to bring any additional records or documents after a short 40-45 minute oral interview. The interview went, seemingly, well. After seeing so many posts/blogs no review is good. Any thoughts/ideas on what happens next?
      40 to 45 min is not short i wish i had that in my first interview . I was with my for 20 to 25 min that short and i got a second interview that was 20 to 25 min and still got a NOPD. All you can do now is wait and hope for the best. Good luck.

Comment

• kharennn
        kharennn commented
        Editing a comment
        I've heard people having hour + long interviews, thats why I thought mine was pretty short but not compared to 20-25. Wow. Do you mind if I ask why they DQd even after the second interview?

• kharennn
        kharennn commented
        Editing a comment
        Wa1rior
        hey! Any tips worth sharing after having your 2nd Oral psych interview?

• They wanted to speak to me again because they requested some schools and medical records but we never went over them lol. It was the same **** how are you, how is school, how is work. I will find in around 4 weeks why they want to DQ me appeal is not cheap around 5k lol.

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        I paid 3500 between a lawyer and psychologist

• Whats going on guys i received an email from the psych dept saying my records were sent to the doc i chose. May

sound like a stupid question but is that normal?

I thought they send the records straight to the doc without notifying you. Thank you in advance

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Does it make a difference if they notified you? It likely means just as the email states.

• Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post

40 to 45 min is not short i wish i had that in my first interview . I was with my for 20 to 25 min that short and i got a second interview that was 20 to 25 min and still got a NOPD. All you can do now is wait and hope for the best. Good luck.
      ‘The attorney I went to said if you receive an interview shorter than an hour it’s pretty good indicator if they want to dq you or dig more. I had a short 20-30 minute interview and he immediately said that’s bad, most go over an hour long. But I got in an early one where they had some time after the written to squeeze a couple of orals in. so I’m not a 100% on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC_C View Post
        Whats going on guys i received an email from the psych dept saying my records were sent to the doc i chose. May

sound like a stupid question but is that normal?

I thought they send the records straight to the doc without notifying you. Thank you in advance
        Well I assume they might have to notify you since after all you authorized it, it’s your information after all you are releasing to a stranger who needs your consent. It’s probably a hippa law.

Comment

• Originally posted by NinjaTurtle View Post

‘The attorney I went to said if you receive an interview shorter than an hour it’s pretty good indicator if they want to dq you or dig more. I had a short 20-30 minute interview and he immediately said that’s bad, most go over an hour long. But I got in an early one where they had some time after the written to squeeze a couple of orals in. so I’m not a 100% on that.
          Well i will find out in around 4 to 6 weeks.

Comment

• Well... I just received my NoPD email (sigh). So I'm going to appeal; I'll go with Dr.Lerner, I've seen his name used in this thread alot. My question is - is a attorney NEEDED also or will a well written appeal letter suffice.

Some Background---> I'm pretty much an average joe; I feel like the reason my psych DQ'D me is because of "memory issues" The only thing the Doc grilled me on was not remembering when my last semester of college was (It was 2017 May I said 2016 December on my written psych) and every detail of a fight in HS.

Edit: I've Read 15+ pages of this forum and no one has answered this
            Edit 2: Found an answer going ALL the way back to 2015 plus helpful DMs
            Last edited by Mario180; 03-20-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              NYPD will Be represented by an attorney and will make legal arguments against you that an independent psychologist can not rebut. While it’s not mandatory- it’s highly reccomended.

Dr. Lerner is a great guy.

• Called in for a second interview, but have no idea why. I understand it's for clarification on some things, but any tips on 2nd oral interviews?

Comment

• If you appeal an NOPD what are the chances of winning the appeal?

Comment

• Mario180
                Mario180 commented
                Editing a comment
                From what others have said on the forum pretty good chances as long as you don't have any disabilities mentally or caught blatantly lying during the psych.

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nobody here can comment on how likely you are to win because we know nothing about you, your background, or your psych evaluation. Each case is unique and whatever the “win %” is on appeals should be ignored because it’s irrelevant to you

• Not sure if this is dependent on your individuals case but how long is usually the appeal process from the time you receive your NOPD?

Comment

• Lijames631
                Lijames631 commented
                Editing a comment
                Took me 18-19 months to get the NOPD. Been 7 months since I got the NOPD, almost 4 months since my lawyer sent the appeal over. But every case is different.

• Wow 18 to 19 months. It took me 2 months to get my NOPD.

Comment

• Lijames631
                Lijames631 commented
                Editing a comment
                It took the psych doctor 17 months to finish the report.once he finished it, I got the NOPD a month or two after.

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lijames631 that’s where you’re wrong. It didn’t take the psychologist 17 months to finish It, It took him/her 17 months to start writing It because they do things when they feel like It.

• Lijames631
                Lijames631 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol, yea. Too bad I might not be able to see how it plays out.

• Hey guys, quick question I have schedule for a 2nd interview and wondering if this is a good thing or bad?

Comment

• Vista
                Vista commented
                Editing a comment
                It means they are unsure. It’s better than a DQ.

• Anybody know why they DQ a lot of COs? Doesn’t make sense especially when they work for the same city.

Comment

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                CO takes practically anyone, and the NYPD does not operate that way

• Vista
                Vista commented
                Editing a comment
                Which Agency you apply to be a CO in? Or are you a CO now?

• pa/ny321
                pa/ny321 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m wondering why the NYPD seems to psychologically disqualify a lot of NYC Correction Officers.

• anyone have any knowledge of CCSC appeals process?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6140 users online. 222 members and 5918 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X