Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have dr. Jeremy Thies????

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure it matters- everyone’s interview and circumstances are different.

• Hey Everyone. I have a question out of curiosity, I was just placed on supervisory review. Is each psychologist assigned a supervisor whom the file then goes to, or is your file sent to any supervisor within the psych dept? I’m kinda confused on how this works. Thanks

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      How it works....... you just wait and see what road it takes. Can take months.

• Hello,
    I have received an email of NOPD, proposed DQ for me not being suited to the unique demands and stresses of employment as a Police Officer pursuant to Civil Service Law 504a and/or 506. I was wondering a couple of things.

1. Should I seek an attorney? Is that entirely needed, I can assume they have civil service attorneys but from what I can gather a lot of people get this, so maybe it doesn’t require that level of guidance?

2. Do I need to write a hand written letter explaining that I wish the help of a psychologist or do I just hand in the “authorization of release of my psychological information” form and that is the will of my intent? Because it says key words “and/or” a hand written letter explaining why I should be accepted “and/or” a review of my records by a psychologist.

3. The PO at my pre-medical told my group not to challenge a DQ, because it would look bad on your resume of sorts and that it would be better to accept it and try repeating the process, is this factual or is it half truths?

I currently reside in Suffolk County, so seaking aid from attorneys that specialize in this seem to be centered pretty far from me. I have tried to contact various psychiatrists and none seem to be able to perform the tasks required. Any advice is helpful.

Thanks.
    Last edited by NinjaTurtle; 03-05-2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      Plenty of reading available on this thread that’ll likely answer all your questions . Except maybe your third question. Me personally I’d say that PO doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Nothing wrong with appealing, especially if it’s winnable.

• Hey, I took the psychological around March or April of 2018 for SSA I've been under review for almost a year after the end of this month. I called CAD and they told me the psych has made a decision and it has been passed on to the supervisor. What does that mean?

Comment

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      It means that you’re likely getting a notice of proposed disqualification. I didn’t get mine till after being on psych review for about 13 months

• Federalemp
      Federalemp commented
      Editing a comment
      You sure? Because my investigator told me she did not see anything bad on the review. So I’m confused.

• Originally posted by NinjaTurtle View Post
    Hello,
    I have received an email of NOPD, proposed DQ for me not being suited to the unique demands and stresses of employment as a Police Officer pursuant to Civil Service Law 504a and/or 506. I was wondering a couple of things.

1. Should I seek an attorney? Is that entirely needed, I can assume they have civil service attorneys but from what I can gather a lot of people get this, so maybe it doesn’t require that level of guidance?

2. Do I need to write a hand written letter explaining that I wish the help of a psychologist or do I just hand in the “authorization of release of my psychological information” form and that is the will of my intent? Because it says key words “and/or” a hand written letter explaining why I should be accepted “and/or” a review of my records by a psychologist.

3. The PO at my pre-medical told my group not to challenge a DQ, because it would look bad on your resume of sorts and that it would be better to accept it and try repeating the process, is this factual or is it half truths?

I currently reside in Suffolk County, so seaking aid from attorneys that specialize in this seem to be centered pretty far from me. I have tried to contact various psychiatrists and none seem to be able to perform the tasks required. Any advice is helpful.

Thanks.
    If you really want to take this seriously you will hire a attorney. If you have to go to Civil service, you want someone that knows what going on. Like you said it not required but it extremely recommend. And your 3rd question that sounds ridiculous, everyone has to me to fight it because it worth it.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      You never have to physically meet the attorney. Kronenberg is in happauge. If you apply to SCPD they will hammer you over the NYPD DQ or Withdrawal. Don’t ever withdraw- appeal.

• MrBigHead
      MrBigHead commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know the context behind the officer saying that but people have successfully appeal DQ's. As Vista mentioned, you don't have to physically meet the attorney. If you're thinking about appeal then you owe it to yourself to at least consult a lawyer who specializes in these matters and see what they say

• NinjaTurtle
      NinjaTurtle commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your help, I ended up going to Kevin P. Sheerin in mineola, he gave me a straight honest answer and said they wouldn't take me because I had a learning disability when I was 4. Nothing I could do or say would get me passed that, he could argue all he wanted in regards to my psychological and my background history. But he said they are pretty picky on who they take these days and that my appeal wouldn't get me very far.

So I elected not to continue with this nightmares any more and pursue other interests, maybe continue my ems career.

Best of luck to everyone.

• I am thinking about appealing and hiring a lawyer. Out of curiosity how long did the process take if you win and get cleared?

Comment

• I won my appeal recently and it took about 7 months since i got the nopd letter.

Comment

• Asv0108
        Asv0108 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome..
        Can you please provide the lawyer you used for this?
        Thanks in advance.

• Mario180
        Mario180 commented
        Editing a comment
        So are you clear for hire now? I read somewhere they still don't have to hire you.

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mario180 does that make sense to you?

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        Mario, CSC overrides the NYPD's decision.

• Hey guys, I had psych interview last November and Dr placed me in discontinued and asked additional documents few time ever since then. I received an email on the first week of last month stating that there are no additional documents needed and it will be placed in back on review. So here are the questions first how long it will take for me to be cleared and is 2nd mini-med email a positive sign even though I am placed in review?

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        The time It takes is unknown because it’s duration is unique to every candidate. And yes, if you’re still being invited back to take the mini-med/JST It is a good sign. It’s only a bad sign when you stop being reinvited back to take these things should you need to.

• randomF15
        randomF15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, hoping to get them cleared

• Asv0108
      hey i used Kronenberg and dr lerner

Comment

• Asv0108
        Asv0108 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Freddy,
        Can you please tell me an avg on how much it cost $$?

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        Freddy what was the NOPD for? I'm currenty DQ for background, hired Kevin Sheerin

• Vista Hey, I tried to PM you.

Comment

• Asv0108
        it can cost anywhere in between 3-5g.

Comment

• Yes it not cheap. i am using all of the money i save up during my school break to pay for this.

Comment

• Multiple speeding tickets
            Arrested 6-7 years ago for having a warrant for missing a court day (was issued a summon for loitering and never went to court)

What's the chances of me getting DQ? Reading this thread has unmotivated me not going to lie. You guys are getting DQ'd for almost anything, no way do I stand a chance.

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              You’d be surprised how many people get on whom have been arrested before

• Originally posted by TheMayFlower View Post
            Multiple speeding tickets
            Arrested 6-7 years ago for having a warrant for missing a court day (was issued a summon for loitering and never went to court)

What's the chances of me getting DQ? Reading this thread has unmotivated me not going to lie. You guys are getting DQ'd for almost anything, no way do I stand a chance.
            Ok, it depends on who you get to be honest every psychologist focus in their on thing. As long as you took care of all of that ypu should be fine. That stuff it most for your BI to decide. Yes people are getting DQ for Bs. If you really want to be 100% sure look online and see some of the recommendations on how to act during your interview.

Comment

• So NYPD finally responded to my lawyer and I, and wow they are harsh in the most professional way. Does anybody know the next steps? Or is this just going to to a back and forth email battle until maybe I get hearing?

Comment

• xknuckles
                xknuckles commented
                Editing a comment
                My appeal. This is after my NOPD & DQ. Nypd gave their statement to CCSC on why I should not be hired.

• MrBigHead
                MrBigHead commented
                Editing a comment
                Were you granted another interview after your appeal was submitted? What was nypd response that was harsh? At this point you can appeal to the csc. I appealed a background dq. It was sent to the csc then reversed by pd

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you ever hire a psychologist to submit his appeal or did you just try to do it with only a lawyer?

• xknuckles
                xknuckles commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I do believe that is the next step. My lawyer told me we will respond. The CSC already has my appeal package. It was harsh due to the nature of my case, I was accused of a DV but never convicted nor did I ever commit such crime. Case was dismissed.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8573 users online. 323 members and 8250 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X