Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post

I know that feeling of not knowing what next. One of my good friends was put on psychological review for over a year. He graduated from the academy this past December 28 and now is working on the 75. All we can do is wait and wait.
    Did you had a second Interview?

Comment

• If you receive NOPD thru email, can this be an official NOPD ? It says “you have a chance to give them a written statement n they will consider your statement. If you don’t give them a statement within 30 days, then you the decision with stand & you will be disqualified” So with this being said, is this the time to appeal?

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        You answered your own question. If it says on the email it’s your NOPD then Yes, that’s your NOPD. You’ll receive It in the mail as well most likely.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        I would accept that as the Official Notice and move on it. You have 30 days to start the process- notice of intent to appeal, requesting additional time and requesting your records be released to your expert forensic psychologist.
        Last edited by Vista; 02-08-2019, 03:40 PM.

• Quick question I did my medical around this time last year and I never hear anything else. Can someone tell me what going on my list number 109*

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Call APD and see what your status is and if you passed the medical.. it’s possible you didn’t
        Last edited by rb1152013; 02-08-2019, 04:24 PM.

• I just wanted to post something- a blanket statement not to single people out. A solid piece of advice. I realize all of us come from different backgrounds and different levels of education and I realize that English may not be our first language, but, if your pursuing a career in law enforcement it is very important to be able to write in clear and grammatically correct English. I’m not talking about being an English Scholar and I’m not saying that my English is perfect- im talking a solid highschool to college level English education. This is important as writing clear accurate reports is essential to being a police officer. You don’t want to be the guy who makes other coworkers write your reports, and you don’t want to be the guy ****ing your bosses off because you write unintelligible crap. Clear and accurately articulated reports can literally make or break a criminal case- or even more importantly, cost you your job. ( If you word something improperly and the incorrect verbiage, word usage or word placement unintentionally changes the meaning of a report it could cause problems).
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting how those tend to be the ones who become cops without any difficulty though

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Rb- that’s because an Idiot can get a passing grade on an Entrance Exam and Interview well. They can’t DQ you for poor English even know they should (it’s a safety and liability issue). Nobody wants to work with the guy who can’t write reports. When the **** hits the fan poor report writing can burn you.

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, agreed

• Deleted this message
      Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-11-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Anybody know how long it takes civil service to determine if get a hearing or not? Civil service sent me an acknowledgment letter in December and haven’t heard anything since

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d say 6 months. Who did you use for an appeal?

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista Kevin Sheerin. Background DQ

• Vista
        hey i had my appeal interview with nypd few weeks ago. Do you know how long until i get an answer?

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          On the csc website, it states generally 90 days after your hearing

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Your file hasn’t even gotten to CSC so premature to be talking about CSC Hearings. I’d say a solid few months before they make a decision- then it may go to civil service after that.

• Hello Vista i just got my NOPD letter i would like to fight it can you pm what should i do next. I save up some money in case this may happen

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          You have to get in touch with Rob kronenberg. 631-234-4434 / [email protected]

Probably wouldn’t hurt to forward him the NOPD along with a contact number. You can email me [email protected] if you have any issues or questions

• Vista thank you.
        Last edited by Freddy3319; 02-14-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post
          Hello Vista i just got my NOPD letter i would like to fight it can you pm what should i do next. I save up some money in case this may happen
          Ok thanks

Comment

• Hey guys, i need some opinions. I was recently placed on supervisory review after my initial psychologist deemed me "not qualified" for the position. The thing is, I literally completed the entire process, filed out never ending pieces of paperwork and repeated both the JST and the Mini-Medical twice. Also, my investigator put me on hold for a few months so i could graduate college with my Asscoiates.

Oral psych was the last step i had to do, just days away from the October academy. My psych doctor was new and was making mistakes though out the interview. I dont think this is really fair at all, considering all the work they had me do just to knock me out at the last possible second by a brand new inexperienced psych doctor.

Has this happened to anyone else? I think APD should really re-evaluate how they process their candidates, its not right to have them jump through fire only to DQ at the last moment. Should I appeal this decision? I feel i have a decent case. My background is clean with no arrests, an A student in college. The only blemish is some unemployment periods here and there and 3 low level tickets which were dismissed.

thoughts?
            Last edited by Tactical1; 02-20-2019, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              Problem is it's not a different case. Somewhat typical, unfortunately. People get on with a lot worse. In this case it's not your background that's the issue. It's you. Not literally you. Your psychologist simply didn't think your personality would be the right fit for the job based off of a short interview. If that's all it is, yes it worth appealing it.

Many times when someone gets DQ'd, it's for a legitimate reason. Then there's guys like you and me. We have to fight for it. If you lose you'll still be happy you appealed it because you get to keep the psych appeal notes your appeal psychologist sends to NYPD. Assuming you are sane, this can work in your favor for future oral psychs you may have with different departments (PAPD, FDNY, NCPD, etc).

If you have the money, go for it.

• Mario180
              Mario180 commented
              Editing a comment
              Rb are you in the process of appealing? How long does it take

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. Mario180, 6 months to a year. Depends on how backed up they are on people appealing, and on what kind of case they're dealing with for yourself.

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Those “mistakes” are what your banking on when you appeal. That’s what gives you a stronger case. Appeal it when the time comes.

• This message has been deleted.
            Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-21-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Vice......You are not on the job and have not faced any of the problems NYPD officers face. At 21 you do not know what the NYPD is looking for in an applicant.If your attitude came across in your interview it could be the reason for your disqualification.

Comment

• Just got my NOPD for nypd police communications technician. I was wondering if I should appeal it now or just go through the process for p.o and appeal it then ( I already know my prior dq will result in another one). I’m only asking because I just had knee surgery and I’m only getting half of my pay. My savings are already tied up in tuition so I’m not sure if I should attempt to pay for a lawyer and psychologist at the moment.
                Last edited by Kayla_belle; 02-23-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would appeal- it will be a much easier appeal to win. PO position involves carrying a firearm. Much higher burden

• Originally posted by Kayla_belle View Post
                Just got my NOPD for nypd police communications technician. I was wondering if I should appeal it now or just go through the process for p.o and appeal it then ( I already know my prior dq will result in another one). I’m only asking because I just had knee surgery and I’m only getting half of my pay. My savings are already tied up in tuition so I’m not sure if I should attempt to pay for a lawyer and psychologist at the moment.
                Wow i am sorry that you are in this position. Honestly if this is something you really want to do and you see your self doing this for the next 25 years i would said do it. But you have 30 days take sometime and shop around.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4732 users online. 210 members and 4522 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X