Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista has.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Just found out I am on supervisory review. Had my JST retake canceled a few days ago as well and investigator has ceased all communications with me...

Is this the end of the road for me? I maybe withdrawing soon, id rather pursue other ventures rather than continue with this process. Thanks to everyone for all the info.

p.s. just for clarification, how much does it cost to retain a psychologist (Dr. Lerner), just incase i decide to appeal?

Comment

• CARRIER30
        CARRIER30 commented
        Editing a comment
        Call APD if you really wanna know your status

• Tactical1
        Tactical1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did. Supervisory review.

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        Dr. Lerner works in conjunction with a lawyer Robert Kronenberg. Fees can be 3k or more

• Hey guys, been following this post for a while because I’ve been pretty much dq’d by NYPD for the police communications technician. Background story is I want to be a police officer, but was still in school I’m 25 btw. I took both exams but put police officer on hold and they called me for pct. Since I had enough credits for pct I went through w the process and was placed on psych review August 2018. When I called APD they pretty much said the decision was made and I was waiting for a supervisor to sign off on it (basically implying a disqualification). I’m now waiting on my dq letter in the mail. My question now is should I restore my name on the police officer list or just forget NYPD and try other departments? BTW I’ve taken the MTAPD exam, but they called me literally like 2 months after and I didn’t have all of my credits and I was called for doc. Just wanted some opinions

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        MrBigHead mentioned DOC. Nassau and Suffolk corrections is where you want to be- not even Nassau or Suffolk PD can touch what Nassau CO’s can make it they want to. Triple your base pay. One of our c/o ‘s does 260-270 a year.... and never has to worry about looking down the barrel of a gun

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Hate to say it Rikers C/O’s these Days are just skids with badges.

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        Vista or anyone who shares his sentiment regarding Rikers CO's being skids,perps etc with badges; why is that the case? I've had the opportunity to work in multiple facilities within the department and the majority of the officers I've come in contact with appear to be good people who just want to do their job and go home.

• JOEQUEENSNY
        JOEQUEENSNY commented
        Editing a comment
        Shouldn’t generalize a whole department. I’ve dealt with a few rikers Cos transporting guys and they seemed like good officers. On the other hand a friend of mine worked there and said he did not feel comfortable with his co workers integrity and he left it at that. Regardless I still try not to generalize because I’ve dealt with what seemed like skids in NYPD and even the state police...and that certainly doesn’t say something about those departments as a whole.

• Reading all these posts I’m so glad I’m not going through this nonsense jumping through hoops with no clear light at the end of the tunnel. I hope all you guys get The jobs you want. Being on review and background investigations are all stressful. Goodluck

Comment

• Vista So after you failed psych for NYPD n appealing it, NCPD called u back n you got hired?

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Basically yeah. They did ask for a copy of my NYPD Appeal, so it definitely helped having a second opinion in hand.

• Whats up guys. I just had my interview with psych after i appealed and waiting long year and a half since my psych told me “ he has made a pliminary decission” It was 1 hour and 45 minutes long. She went over everything from my employment to why i left the academy.No need to be nervous just be honest and confident and you will be fine. Good luck.

Comment

• CARRIER30
          CARRIER30 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations. Question tho? You waited for 1 1/2 years to get your second interview or was this 1 1/2 years to get notice of your preliminary decision for interview 2?

• Thanks man.
        16 months till i got my nopd and after i recived it it took 5 months till i got this interview.

Comment

• Same here, 18 months to get nopd 6 months since then and haven’t heard anything. Starting to get a little worried.

Comment

• I had my psych interview few days ago after I appealed a NOPD using a lawyer and psych. How long until i hear something? Do they email you or mail you a letter ?

Comment

• I got put on psychological review for BS. Back in 2004 went i came to the U.S. my mother took me to the hospital to do a full check up because the school require some medical shots before allowing me to start classes. While i was their the nurse recommended my mother for me to speak with a therapist to see if i have any problems adapting to a new country/lifestyle. Everything was ok and that was my only sessions around 20 to 25 min. Now present day i took my first oral interview on the 21 of November of 2018 everything went as a expected was with her for 25 min, them i was ask for medical records and school records. School never been suspended or in troubles not the best student or the worse. Now went it came to the medical records there was a huge problem because the Hospital only keeps records for up to 6 years if you dont follow up. I managed to get the regular records but sadly i found that half of the record do not longer exist mainly the part regarding the therapy session. That got me into review. Them i was call for my second interview on the 8 of January and now awaiting desicion. My BI find this to be ridiculous to be put on review over this matter. I feel that this happen to me for been to honest, my friend in the force ask me why would i put that if happen long long ago and that it was stupid. I fell weird because i thought that been honest and telling the true was the right way but people NEVER BE TOOO HONEST. I am praying that everything will be fine but their is a chance that i may get DQ of my dream job for doing "the right thing".

Comment

• Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post
                I got put on psychological review for BS. Back in 2004 went i came to the U.S. my mother took me to the hospital to do a full check up because the school require some medical shots before allowing me to start classes. While i was their the nurse recommended my mother for me to speak with a therapist to see if i have any problems adapting to a new country/lifestyle. Everything was ok and that was my only sessions around 20 to 25 min. Now present day i took my first oral interview on the 21 of November of 2018 everything went as a expected was with her for 25 min, them i was ask for medical records and school records. School never been suspended or in troubles not the best student or the worse. Now went it came to the medical records there was a huge problem because the Hospital only keeps records for up to 6 years if you dont follow up. I managed to get the regular records but sadly i found that half of the record do not longer exist mainly the part regarding the therapy session. That got me into review. Them i was call for my second interview on the 8 of January and now awaiting desicion. My BI find this to be ridiculous to be put on review over this matter. I feel that this happen to me for been to honest, my friend in the force ask me why would i put that if happen long long ago and that it was stupid. I fell weird because i thought that been honest and telling the true was the right way but people NEVER BE TOOO HONEST. I am praying that everything will be fine but their is a chance that i may get DQ of my dream job for doing "the right thing".
                Was you told thats why you’re on review or are you assuming?

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post

Was you told thats why you’re on review or are you assuming?
                  I went over the psychology interview session with my BI and is the only red flag that we came up with. Of course we can be completely wrong. Atlest 3 of my friends that have been in the force for over 3 years warn me about putting this type information during the writing psychological. My friend told me they will only know as much as you tell them. They cant find that type of information that is that old because of the volume of candidates . I regret sharing that everyday.

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not trying to insult you but youshould work on your written English. A lot of Law Enforcement is report writing. Report writing can make you or break you. Goes for everyone here. Now- better to be honest then deceitful and caught in a lie. No appealing a lie.

• Im done with the whole process
                  and just find out according to apd im in psy review the psy in the interview determined im not qualified for the position and just waiting for a supervisor to review it
                  but never asked me for any papers

Comment

• Psych Dept is giving so many candidates such a hard time over the smallest things. Many guys are being put on review and even getting dq. It’s really such a joke down there now the guys that get through, and the guys that get their balls broken. Review is a bad excuse for these psychologists to not do their job and keep candidates under “review” for months and months and months. They hold up people for past things in their childhood and teen years, but give clearance on guys that have been arrested. My advice to everyone is don’t give up. It may be a struggle but continue to take other tests in the meantime, they are tough down at Apd right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruz87 View Post
                      Im done with the whole process
                      and just find out according to apd im in psy review the psy in the interview determined im not qualified for the position and just waiting for a supervisor to review it
                      but never asked me for any papers
                      I know that feeling of not knowing what next. One of my good friends was put on psychological review for over a year. He graduated from the academy this past December 28 and now is working on the 75. All we can do is wait and wait.

Comment

• CARRIER30
                        CARRIER30 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What are the chances of getting a decision overturned by a supervisor if the psych doc determined a candidate didn’t qualify tho?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6822 users online. 214 members and 6608 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X