Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Hey, I tried to PM you.

Comment

• Asv0108
      it can cost anywhere in between 3-5g.

Comment

• Yes it not cheap. i am using all of the money i save up during my school break to pay for this.

Comment

• Multiple speeding tickets
          Arrested 6-7 years ago for having a warrant for missing a court day (was issued a summon for loitering and never went to court)

What's the chances of me getting DQ? Reading this thread has unmotivated me not going to lie. You guys are getting DQ'd for almost anything, no way do I stand a chance.

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            You’d be surprised how many people get on whom have been arrested before

• Originally posted by TheMayFlower View Post
          Multiple speeding tickets
          Arrested 6-7 years ago for having a warrant for missing a court day (was issued a summon for loitering and never went to court)

What's the chances of me getting DQ? Reading this thread has unmotivated me not going to lie. You guys are getting DQ'd for almost anything, no way do I stand a chance.
          Ok, it depends on who you get to be honest every psychologist focus in their on thing. As long as you took care of all of that ypu should be fine. That stuff it most for your BI to decide. Yes people are getting DQ for Bs. If you really want to be 100% sure look online and see some of the recommendations on how to act during your interview.

Comment

• So NYPD finally responded to my lawyer and I, and wow they are harsh in the most professional way. Does anybody know the next steps? Or is this just going to to a back and forth email battle until maybe I get hearing?

Comment

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              My appeal. This is after my NOPD & DQ. Nypd gave their statement to CCSC on why I should not be hired.

• MrBigHead
              MrBigHead commented
              Editing a comment
              Were you granted another interview after your appeal was submitted? What was nypd response that was harsh? At this point you can appeal to the csc. I appealed a background dq. It was sent to the csc then reversed by pd

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you ever hire a psychologist to submit his appeal or did you just try to do it with only a lawyer?

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I do believe that is the next step. My lawyer told me we will respond. The CSC already has my appeal package. It was harsh due to the nature of my case, I was accused of a DV but never convicted nor did I ever commit such crime. Case was dismissed.

• I took the oral psych this past Saturday, called ADP last night and my status is PSYCH REVIEW.

I completed everything (JST, oral/written, min-med) and wasn't told to bring any additional records or documents after a short 40-45 minute oral interview. The interview went, seemingly, well. After seeing so many posts/blogs no review is good. Any thoughts/ideas on what happens next?

Comment

• Originally posted by kharennn View Post
              I took the oral psych this past Saturday, called ADP last night and my status is PSYCH REVIEW.

I completed everything (JST, oral/written, min-med) and wasn't told to bring any additional records or documents after a short 40-45 minute oral interview. The interview went, seemingly, well. After seeing so many posts/blogs no review is good. Any thoughts/ideas on what happens next?
              40 to 45 min is not short i wish i had that in my first interview . I was with my for 20 to 25 min that short and i got a second interview that was 20 to 25 min and still got a NOPD. All you can do now is wait and hope for the best. Good luck.

Comment

• kharennn
                kharennn commented
                Editing a comment
                I've heard people having hour + long interviews, thats why I thought mine was pretty short but not compared to 20-25. Wow. Do you mind if I ask why they DQd even after the second interview?

• kharennn
                kharennn commented
                Editing a comment
                Wa1rior
                hey! Any tips worth sharing after having your 2nd Oral psych interview?

• They wanted to speak to me again because they requested some schools and medical records but we never went over them lol. It was the same **** how are you, how is school, how is work. I will find in around 4 weeks why they want to DQ me appeal is not cheap around 5k lol.

Comment

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                I paid 3500 between a lawyer and psychologist

• Whats going on guys i received an email from the psych dept saying my records were sent to the doc i chose. May

sound like a stupid question but is that normal?

I thought they send the records straight to the doc without notifying you. Thank you in advance

Comment

• Vista
                Vista commented
                Editing a comment
                Does it make a difference if they notified you? It likely means just as the email states.

• nickyrisky
                nickyrisky commented
                Editing a comment
                I got the same thing, they're just keeping you up to date. They have to give you an update on where your records go. They're confidential! Who did you choose for a lawyer and psych?

• NYC_C
                NYC_C commented
                Editing a comment
                nickyrisky i went with Dr.Lerner and Kronenberg. i was told they are good but pricey.

• Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post

40 to 45 min is not short i wish i had that in my first interview . I was with my for 20 to 25 min that short and i got a second interview that was 20 to 25 min and still got a NOPD. All you can do now is wait and hope for the best. Good luck.
              ‘The attorney I went to said if you receive an interview shorter than an hour it’s pretty good indicator if they want to dq you or dig more. I had a short 20-30 minute interview and he immediately said that’s bad, most go over an hour long. But I got in an early one where they had some time after the written to squeeze a couple of orals in. so I’m not a 100% on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC_C View Post
                Whats going on guys i received an email from the psych dept saying my records were sent to the doc i chose. May

sound like a stupid question but is that normal?

I thought they send the records straight to the doc without notifying you. Thank you in advance
                Well I assume they might have to notify you since after all you authorized it, it’s your information after all you are releasing to a stranger who needs your consent. It’s probably a hippa law.

Comment

• Originally posted by NinjaTurtle View Post

‘The attorney I went to said if you receive an interview shorter than an hour it’s pretty good indicator if they want to dq you or dig more. I had a short 20-30 minute interview and he immediately said that’s bad, most go over an hour long. But I got in an early one where they had some time after the written to squeeze a couple of orals in. so I’m not a 100% on that.
                  Well i will find out in around 4 to 6 weeks.

Comment

• Well... I just received my NoPD email (sigh). So I'm going to appeal; I'll go with Dr.Lerner, I've seen his name used in this thread alot. My question is - is a attorney NEEDED also or will a well written appeal letter suffice.

Some Background---> I'm pretty much an average joe; I feel like the reason my psych DQ'D me is because of "memory issues" The only thing the Doc grilled me on was not remembering when my last semester of college was (It was 2017 May I said 2016 December on my written psych) and every detail of a fight in HS.

Edit: I've Read 15+ pages of this forum and no one has answered this
                    Edit 2: Found an answer going ALL the way back to 2015 plus helpful DMs
                    Last edited by Mario180; 03-20-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Vista
                      Vista commented
                      Editing a comment
                      NYPD will Be represented by an attorney and will make legal arguments against you that an independent psychologist can not rebut. While it’s not mandatory- it’s highly reccomended.

Dr. Lerner is a great guy.

• Called in for a second interview, but have no idea why. I understand it's for clarification on some things, but any tips on 2nd oral interviews?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6608 users online. 438 members and 6170 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X