Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact info for Kronenberg and Lerner (copying there Facebook post).

Two More Reversals!

Don't give up hope on living you dream. If you have received notification of a Proposed "PSYCHOLOGICAL DISQUALIFICATION," know that we are here for you. Contact Dr. Mark Lerner, Clinical, Forensic and Police Psychologist at (631) 385-7551 or Robert Kronenberg, Esq., NYPD Capt. Ret. at (631) 234-4434 or (212) 776-1950. for FREE confidential telephone consultations.

LawEnforcementPEPtalk.com
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Mario180
      Mario180 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you need both or them or is one good enough. Not being cheap. I honestly want to know.

• Welp. Took my second interview on thursday and got an email this morning saying i passed. The second interview is a lot harder than the first. I started at 1pm. And it lasted until 2:50. They went over the same questions from last interview and some other topics that weren't previously addressed. Stay consistent, don't give stupid answers and you should be fine.
    The best tip I can give is be friendly, respectul, POSITIVE, and mature.
    you want to look like a police officer, think like a police officer and respond like a police officer.
    any questions, feel free to ask below

Comment

• FERNAND001 congratulations man. That’s nice kid. So it came out to $6000 total or it was $3500 for Kron n $2500 for Lerner?

Comment

• FERNAND001
        FERNAND001 commented
        Editing a comment
        It came out $3500 for Kronenberg and $675 for Lerner. Total 4,175.
        Usually its 2 meetings with Dr. Lerner but i only needed 1. The second meeting would've cost about another $1800.
        Last edited by FERNAND001; 01-06-2019, 10:09 AM.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe Kronenberg is 2500 plus another fee if he physically has to attend a hearing in NYC.

• Is it true that if a candidate fail psych review/get disqualified from a police job that you cannot get no other civil service job (any other law enforcement job, MTA, sanitation, etc.....). Or would it just be tough to get a police job. Can someone help me understand how this works?

Comment

• 1337feetc
        1337feetc commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you're on file with all city agencies. That's why they give you the option to withdraw instead of DQ. That way you can still apply to other agencies or try to take NYPD test again after a few years.

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        You're on file... but that does not mean you're going to get auto DQ'd from other civil service jobs. Don't believe anyone who tells you that. It is, however, a red flag on your file which is a nuisance to have.
        Last edited by rb1152013; 01-07-2019, 09:58 AM.

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        This isn't entirely true. I was DQ'ed 2x from PD and I've held a civil service job for the past 6yrs. Not every situation is the same. As rb1152013 said, it's a nuisance and a red flag but it's not an automatic done deal

• That’s good. I already been working federal for at least 10+ years so my question to u is (if u don’t mind), what civil service job are u at. Also, the jobs that you applied for after getting disqualified from PD, did they ask have you ever been DQ before or questioned it etc....?

Comment

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with DOC. I've applied to other civil service jobs in and out of state. If asked I always disclose I was dq'ed from PD.

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Corrections will damn near take anybody so that’s always an option for you lol

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao rb1152013 everyone thinks that but it’s not as easy as people make it out to be.

• J2H
        J2H commented
        Editing a comment
        Why would you leave Federal?

• This message has been deleted.
      Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-21-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        How exactly was it harder

• Have a question in regards to something I similarly asked earlier. Say, you called APD to check your status for your psych review and they state that the doctor has made a preliminary decision that you do not qualify for PO, but only reason you still on psych review is bcuz a supervisor has to go over it n make a final decision. What sense would it make to sit n wait around for a letter in The mail (NOPD) when you can just withdraw beforehand since they already told u that most likely you failed unless a miracle happens considering you took the 7326 exam n scored a 95? Also what’s the difference between withdrawing before you receive the letter in mail n withdrawing after u receive the letter in mail?

Comment

• Hey, So I took my second psych interview last week and it was nothing like the first time. It was maybe only about 20-25 mins long and the dr. asked many police officer related questions. I than contacted APD the next day and they told me that I was still on review but a preliminary decision has been made. I asked the offficer if that means that I’m most likely getting disqualified and her response was “ it does not, they haven’t determined if your cleared or disqualified yet and you just have to be patient and wait for an email or letter in the mail”. Can anyone give me some insight on this? From what I’ve seen people say on here it doesn’t seem like my situation is good. Thank you for your help.

Comment

• CARRIER30
          CARRIER30 commented
          Editing a comment
          The psych doc has made there decision, but the supervisor has to make the final decision. Just cross your fingers and pray you got in. Good luck. On another note how did you get your second interview? Did you have to appeal the first decision and then they called you back or they just voluntarily decided that you deserved a 2nd chance? And how long was the process between the first & second interview?

• Mk0507
          Mk0507 commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t appeal. The dr. Asked for school records and medical records back in August at the end of my first interview. Fast forward to the beginning of last week I got a phone call asking to come in for a second interview. The first interview was very intense and lasted about 45 mins possibly longer. The second interview was pretty quick and the dr. Probably only asked 2 or 3 questions from the first interview and mostly new questions mostly realated to being a police officer. One thing I found strange was that the dr. Didn’t ask one question about the school records and the medical records. The thing that makes me nervous is I felt the second interview was a lot smoother than the first and it was kinda like they just asked me to come in gave me a quick interview and sent me out the door knowing that the dr. Is going to disqualify me. The reason why I’m thinking this because I’ve been reading so many comments on here of people stating that their second interview was a lot harder than the first.

• vicparedes93
          vicparedes93 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mk, don't worry everything sounds pretty good for you. If they wanted to DQ you they wouldn't waste their time and resources just to call you back in for a pointless interview. Everyones 2nd interview is different especially since everyones reason for being on review is different. In my case my 2nd interview was much harder because there was new information addressed in my case. I know a friend who had a 15 minute 2nd interview and was cleared a week later. I wouldn't stress about it too much.

• Mk0507
          Mk0507 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vic I hope that’s the case but as time goes on it leaves me to believe it’s not a good thing. It’s been about a week and a half now and I still haven’t heard anything from them so that’s where I’m at now. I appreciate the insight though.

• Mk0507 at least u got a second chance unlike myself. You might be good tho just think positive & pray for the best

Comment

• Mk0507
          Mk0507 commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate that. Thank you. I’m Sorry to hear you didn’t get a second chance. Also god forbid If it doesn’t go well I’m gonna take my chances and roll the dice with an appeal.

Last edited by quenTaylor; 01-09-2019, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Deleted this message.
          Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-11-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• CARRIER30
            CARRIER30 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow hopefully the supervisor overturn the psych doc decision. I’m starting to consider if I should just withdraw now n jump on the 7326 process. Instead of waiting another 3 months prolly so only to receive a nopd letter in mail when I could just withdraw now. If psych revisit why did I withdraw maybe I could just say that I figure that the review would take long n I rather had taken my chances with the next exam bcuz I scored really high? Anyone thinks different?

• If you withdraw at any juncture, your records will always remain with the department and will be released to any agency you apply for. While the records may not result in an automatic disqualification, they will be there to be used against you. The only way to view and correct these records is through an appeal. Realistically, you will disclose all exams you took and processed for. You will disclose that you withdrew and they will ask you why. Even if you give them some vague answer like “personal reasons”, when they get the records they will see- “they were going to be DQ so they withdrew”. Withdrawing is only a good option if your not serious about procuring a job in this field.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• CARRIER30
            CARRIER30 commented
            Editing a comment
            When you say any agency are u talking about just any police department in general (NYPD, Nassau, LAPD etc..., or any law enforcement job period (police officer, corrections, court officer etc.... or just any city job in general?

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            CARRIER30 any.....agency...

• Tactical1
            Tactical1 commented
            Editing a comment
            So basically, if you are placed on review and asked to send in records, chances are high that those records will just be used against you to disqualify you from this job, and future civil service jobs. Starting to believe that it may have been wise to discontinue your case rather than send in any records at all.
            Last edited by Tactical1; 01-20-2019, 02:36 PM.

• vicparedes93
            vicparedes93 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tactical, that is not true at all. Most of the time the records are requested just to verify your story or something in your background. I had to send in discipline records from college and high school, I was questioned about them and my answers matched the records. They were never used against me. Everyones background is different but they understand that people make mistakes and things happen. Again, psych review is not the end of the world as much as this forum makes you think that.

• Originally posted by CARRIER30 View Post
          Is it true that if a candidate fail psych review/get disqualified from a police job that you cannot get no other civil service job (any other law enforcement job, MTA, sanitation, etc.....). Or would it just be tough to get a police job. Can someone help me understand how this works?
          NYSP - No
          NY/NJ Port Authority - No
          NY Court Officer - No
          Most PA PDs - No

MTA/AMTRAK Police - Yes
          NCPD - ??????
          SCPD - Yes
          Most SC & FL PDs - Yes
          Last edited by LukeSW; 01-19-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• I know multiple people who have been DQ by NYPD and picked up by other agencies. (Several NCPD hires)

Believe none of what you Hear and half of what you see. Nobody has a true answer on these forums. Everyone has a different situation.

Comment

• LukeSW
              LukeSW commented
              Editing a comment
              I edited my post. NCPD is a crapshoot.

• ViceCity86
              ViceCity86 commented
              Editing a comment
              All these jobs are lol. People on review/ getting dq for absurd reasons. You never truly know anymore.

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Remember that NCPD Will see your NYPD File. Now- if you appealed it, they will also see your appeal report- documentation negating the nypd opinion. The Nassau civil service Consulting Psychologist will weigh it all. I’ll tell you right now that had I not appealed I’d never have been cleared by nassau civil service.

• ViceCity86
              ViceCity86 commented
              Editing a comment
              Vista can you pm me please?

• Has anyone appealed with a lawyer and won the case ?

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              In general, yes, people do appeal with a lawyer and psychologist and win.

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. I did. Psych DQ’s are winnable- however it’s case by case. Some DQ’s are valid. Some are nonsense.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8463 users online. 306 members and 8157 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X