Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning everyone, want to share my whole psych review experience with everyone. First and foremost, do NOT be discouraged if you get put on psych review and take everything you read on this forum with a grain of salt. There is a ton of good information on this forum but most of it is not very accurate. I spent hours reading this forum and could have sworn I was done for. With that being said I was put on psych review back in May and thought my chances for getting into NYPD were done. Flash forward to last Monday I got a last minute call to show up for a follow up oral psych interview the next day. Just got the call this morning from my investigator telling me I was cleared and to come in to redo my finger prints. Long story short, stay positive and stay resilient. I know being kept in the dark is discouraging but Psych Review is not the end of the world!! Sorry for the long read, anyone who is In my position I wish you all the best just stay positive and keep yourself occupied!

Comment

• PRNY
      PRNY commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much for this. Were you ever told a preliminary decision has been made etc?

• vicparedes93
      vicparedes93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope in the 6 months I was on review I called one time to check my status and they said I was still on review. Never called back after that and then got the phone call for my 2nd interview last week. Had the interview on Tuesday and still didn't call to find out my status lol. Got a call this morning from my investigator telling me to come in to redo my finger prints and she notified me that I was qualified. Im not sure how accurate this is but from my understanding if they tell you a preliminary decision has been made that means the psych doctor initially deemed you unqualified. But again, I don't know how true this is this is just what I've read from people on this forum.

• PRNY
      PRNY commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I did the same and never asked. Thank you for all the info.

• Has anyone ever received the dreaded "a preliminary decision has been made..." email but was able to get off psych review eventually? Without dq?

Comment

• Apparently I’m getting a “NOPD” letter in the mail and the main reason was “i talked too much” an inside source told me. Therefore I will not be getting a second interview , so do I withdraw or actually appeal and spend $$$ on a lawyer.

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm willing to bet your 'inside source" never caught the slightest glimpse of the psych files. Do you really think your psychologist wrote down, or will write down, "Reason for disqualification: He talked too much"

• vicparedes93
        vicparedes93 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with rb, psych is not allowed to discuss anything with anyone outside of that department. Talking too much is the most nonsense thing I have ever heard and even if that was the case its probably only part of the reason why you may be getting a NOPD.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Talked too much..... probably meant you inadvertently dug yourself into a hole. The DQ won’t say talked to much but likely will harp on what OP actually said.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as inside sources..... psychs not talking to others about the files, yeah technically that’s correct. But realistically Psychologists and Uniformed MOS / Investigators talk pretty damn candidly. Straight up, three weeks before I recieved my NOD / NOPD I reached out to a 2 Star Chief. He called back within a few minutes with a lot of details- basically told me my psych DQ was nonsense and to appeal it- and that since it was already signed there was no way around it. At the end of the day, I didn’t get into NYPD- but a smaller agency on Long Island (where I will make a lot more money). Had I not appealed the NYPd decision I’m confident I wouldn’t have gotten my current job.

• This message has been deleted.
      Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-21-2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• That what they told me that was the main reason. I have a clean record as well. I worked for a federal agency and now i work for the city. So i don’t know what else am be on my record , i just don’t want a DQ for my permit file. Just trying to find my way to actually withdraw on my own I

Comment

• FERNAND001
          FERNAND001 commented
          Editing a comment
          They'll give you an option to withdraw once you recieve your NOPD email.

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          There's a combination of things that goes into these decisions. Just having a clean record or working for the city already isn't a guarantee. The bad thing is you won't know why you're getting the NOPD unless you appeal. That's when your file is sent to the psych doctor you retain and they will be able to look through the notes.

• Deleted this message
        Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-11-2019, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. They sometimes run a backfill list.

• Just got called for a second psych interview. Has anyone gone through it if so what do they focus on?
        Last edited by Freddy3319; 12-31-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          Try reading a few pages here. You’ll have your answer

• vicparedes93
          vicparedes93 commented
          Editing a comment
          read my response from the page before this one, any questions pm me.

• Long time since I’ve been on this. Willing to help anyone who needs advice. Was Dq’d fought it, now OTJ for a few years now. Seems like a lot of yall think its the end of the road, its not. Just DM me I’ll get to yall asap.

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          How long you have on now?

• NYPDhopeful13
          NYPDhopeful13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista On the job for 4 years

• Good morning I am new to this, but have been reading the forums for quite some time. I have took 3 NYPD exams: 7323, 7326, & 8339 over the past 2 years. Currently I am on psych review for the 7323 exam n have been since November 8th 2018. At the end of my oral psych, the doc told me to get 4 forms filled out for 4 different therapist, however one therapist said she wasn’t signing off on anything bcuz she hasn’t seen me in 2 yrs. I explained to him that I was only able to get 3 filled out. I was worried so I decided to give APD (sgt Brille) a call on dec 27th 2018 to see what was going on with my status. I got informed that the psych doc has made a preliminary decision that “i do not meet the qualifications as a police officer”, but I am still being held on psych review bcuz a supervisor has to make the final decision. I am devastated by this bad news. I have been comtemplating on if I should just wait for them to send me an email saying I’m disqualified n appeal it or just let it go n ask to be placed on the next exam list 7326 being that I scored really high with a 95. Keep in mind I just turned 35 years old.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          Couldn't you have just sat down with the therapist again to have an up-to-date session so that he/she would then feel comfortable signing off on it?

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          CARRIER30 If you were DQ'ed on 7323, you can process for exams 7326 and 8339 but psych will probably uphold their decision. Especially since not much time will have passed between your DQ's. Sounds like your only option considering your age is to appeal or withdraw. On the plus side I think since you're on multiple exams you have "time" to decide what you want to do. For instance if you want to appeal but can't afford it right now you could withdraw from this current exam. Then process and appeal on the other exam

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          The DQ will be automatic on future exams for three years. Even after that it’s gonna be a red flag. Your best bet is to wait it out and appeal.

• Bravo16
          Bravo16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista are you sure a psych d.q is automatic for 3 years or it permanent? If so can you please provide proof. I would like to know if it's true.

• I am not sure. I was just trying to get the psych documents they asked for. I never thought that far into it. 3/4 therapist stated similar things on the forms so I don’t see why would he disqualify me for that. I ain’t never been in trouble arrested, or never have taken any medicine so I don’t see how could I be disqualified. I have came too far n invested too much time into this past couple of years to find out I am not going to get the job. I am really devastated and dont know if there is anything else that I can do. Idc if I can get this job today or even 1 year from now, but I wanna get in

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Appeal, but also take other Exams. NYPD should not be your only option, not your first option. There are other agencies. But if your really intent on law enforcement appealing is the way to go.

• Thanks guys. Another question. Has anyone on here or know someone who has been told that psych has DQ meanwhile u still on review, but somehow someway when the supervisor looked it over a miracle happened n decision got overturned?

Comment

• I called that 631 number yesterday left a message, but no one has contacted me back yet. Furthermore idc how much an appeal is. My main concern is getting in however I can. How much does it cost to appeal tho lol? And is that 631 # the only contact for appeals?

Comment

• Bravo16
            Bravo16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Robert kronenberg charge $3500 for legal fees, Dr Daley charges $1000 for his services,and Mark Lerner charges around $2,000.

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Send me an Email.

I believe Bravo’s numbers are a little off- I paid about $4000 total between both of them- but..... you get what you pay for. Daley also only meets with you once for an hour. He lives out of state, travels in a few days a week and fills his schedule with consults. Has to bang them out fast. As far as his claim he was psych services director- yes, interim director for a short period. Also, many NYpd psychs are morons that can’t cut it in private practice- so, that’s hardly a positive on the CV. Dr Lerner twice for several hours- hence why his reports are more detailed and well articulated. Content and detail Goes a long way when civil service is weighing NYPD’s opinion vs The Appeal.

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't speak on anyone besides Kronenberg and Lerner, but those numbers are pretty much spot on.

• FERNAND001
            FERNAND001 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Kronenberg and Lerner are the way to go. But they'll charge you 3500 for Kronenberg and $675 for Dr. Lerners first session and about 1800 for the second meeting.

• Do you have the contact for all 4 of these guys. Also what are my chances of winning an appeal. Like what you think bcuz I just want to get a second chance?

Comment

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            No one can truly say what your chances are. I do know from experience with Kronenberg he will let you know how he feels about your case before you retain him. Dr.Lerner does the same after the initial visit. I don't think this is a cash grab for them but regardless of what they there are no guarantees

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Your chances of winning an appeal is heavily dependent on your individual situation. Some people have excellent chances, some people it will be practically impossible. Only way to tell will be after receiving and reviewing your records with a Qualified Forensic Psychologist (not just any psychologist you find in the phone book). I would call Kronenberg; even if just for the lengthy, free phone consult- something no one else does. Send me an email [email protected] and I’ll get you guys In touch.

• So how did your appeal turnout? How long it last? Etc....And who or what would you recommend for me to do?

Comment

• MrBigHead oh okay can you shoot me Kronenberg n Dr Lerner info/contact.

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              Google It man, it’s public info.

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              If you email me I’ll forward it. I’m at work now. [email protected]

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8313 users online. 287 members and 8026 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X