Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got put on psychological review for BS. Back in 2004 went i came to the U.S. my mother took me to the hospital to do a full check up because the school require some medical shots before allowing me to start classes. While i was their the nurse recommended my mother for me to speak with a therapist to see if i have any problems adapting to a new country/lifestyle. Everything was ok and that was my only sessions around 20 to 25 min. Now present day i took my first oral interview on the 21 of November of 2018 everything went as a expected was with her for 25 min, them i was ask for medical records and school records. School never been suspended or in troubles not the best student or the worse. Now went it came to the medical records there was a huge problem because the Hospital only keeps records for up to 6 years if you dont follow up. I managed to get the regular records but sadly i found that half of the record do not longer exist mainly the part regarding the therapy session. That got me into review. Them i was call for my second interview on the 8 of January and now awaiting desicion. My BI find this to be ridiculous to be put on review over this matter. I feel that this happen to me for been to honest, my friend in the force ask me why would i put that if happen long long ago and that it was stupid. I fell weird because i thought that been honest and telling the true was the right way but people NEVER BE TOOO HONEST. I am praying that everything will be fine but their is a chance that i may get DQ of my dream job for doing "the right thing".

Comment

• Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post
      I got put on psychological review for BS. Back in 2004 went i came to the U.S. my mother took me to the hospital to do a full check up because the school require some medical shots before allowing me to start classes. While i was their the nurse recommended my mother for me to speak with a therapist to see if i have any problems adapting to a new country/lifestyle. Everything was ok and that was my only sessions around 20 to 25 min. Now present day i took my first oral interview on the 21 of November of 2018 everything went as a expected was with her for 25 min, them i was ask for medical records and school records. School never been suspended or in troubles not the best student or the worse. Now went it came to the medical records there was a huge problem because the Hospital only keeps records for up to 6 years if you dont follow up. I managed to get the regular records but sadly i found that half of the record do not longer exist mainly the part regarding the therapy session. That got me into review. Them i was call for my second interview on the 8 of January and now awaiting desicion. My BI find this to be ridiculous to be put on review over this matter. I feel that this happen to me for been to honest, my friend in the force ask me why would i put that if happen long long ago and that it was stupid. I fell weird because i thought that been honest and telling the true was the right way but people NEVER BE TOOO HONEST. I am praying that everything will be fine but their is a chance that i may get DQ of my dream job for doing "the right thing".
      Was you told thats why you’re on review or are you assuming?

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post

Was you told thats why you’re on review or are you assuming?
        I went over the psychology interview session with my BI and is the only red flag that we came up with. Of course we can be completely wrong. Atlest 3 of my friends that have been in the force for over 3 years warn me about putting this type information during the writing psychological. My friend told me they will only know as much as you tell them. They cant find that type of information that is that old because of the volume of candidates . I regret sharing that everyday.

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Not trying to insult you but youshould work on your written English. A lot of Law Enforcement is report writing. Report writing can make you or break you. Goes for everyone here. Now- better to be honest then deceitful and caught in a lie. No appealing a lie.

• Im done with the whole process
        and just find out according to apd im in psy review the psy in the interview determined im not qualified for the position and just waiting for a supervisor to review it
        but never asked me for any papers

Comment

• Psych Dept is giving so many candidates such a hard time over the smallest things. Many guys are being put on review and even getting dq. It’s really such a joke down there now the guys that get through, and the guys that get their balls broken. Review is a bad excuse for these psychologists to not do their job and keep candidates under “review” for months and months and months. They hold up people for past things in their childhood and teen years, but give clearance on guys that have been arrested. My advice to everyone is don’t give up. It may be a struggle but continue to take other tests in the meantime, they are tough down at Apd right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruz87 View Post
            Im done with the whole process
            and just find out according to apd im in psy review the psy in the interview determined im not qualified for the position and just waiting for a supervisor to review it
            but never asked me for any papers
            I know that feeling of not knowing what next. One of my good friends was put on psychological review for over a year. He graduated from the academy this past December 28 and now is working on the 75. All we can do is wait and wait.

Comment

• CARRIER30
              CARRIER30 commented
              Editing a comment
              What are the chances of getting a decision overturned by a supervisor if the psych doc determined a candidate didn’t qualify tho?

• Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post

I know that feeling of not knowing what next. One of my good friends was put on psychological review for over a year. He graduated from the academy this past December 28 and now is working on the 75. All we can do is wait and wait.
            Did you had a second Interview?

Comment

• If you receive NOPD thru email, can this be an official NOPD ? It says “you have a chance to give them a written statement n they will consider your statement. If you don’t give them a statement within 30 days, then you the decision with stand & you will be disqualified” So with this being said, is this the time to appeal?

Comment

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                You answered your own question. If it says on the email it’s your NOPD then Yes, that’s your NOPD. You’ll receive It in the mail as well most likely.

• Vista
                Vista commented
                Editing a comment
                I would accept that as the Official Notice and move on it. You have 30 days to start the process- notice of intent to appeal, requesting additional time and requesting your records be released to your expert forensic psychologist.
                Last edited by Vista; 02-08-2019, 03:40 PM.

• Quick question I did my medical around this time last year and I never hear anything else. Can someone tell me what going on my list number 109*

Comment

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Call APD and see what your status is and if you passed the medical.. it’s possible you didn’t
                Last edited by rb1152013; 02-08-2019, 04:24 PM.

• I just wanted to post something- a blanket statement not to single people out. A solid piece of advice. I realize all of us come from different backgrounds and different levels of education and I realize that English may not be our first language, but, if your pursuing a career in law enforcement it is very important to be able to write in clear and grammatically correct English. I’m not talking about being an English Scholar and I’m not saying that my English is perfect- im talking a solid highschool to college level English education. This is important as writing clear accurate reports is essential to being a police officer. You don’t want to be the guy who makes other coworkers write your reports, and you don’t want to be the guy ****ing your bosses off because you write unintelligible crap. Clear and accurately articulated reports can literally make or break a criminal case- or even more importantly, cost you your job. ( If you word something improperly and the incorrect verbiage, word usage or word placement unintentionally changes the meaning of a report it could cause problems).
              Problems with a psych exam?
              Have an upcoming
              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
              you make up your mind.
              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Interesting how those tend to be the ones who become cops without any difficulty though

• Vista
                Vista commented
                Editing a comment
                Rb- that’s because an Idiot can get a passing grade on an Entrance Exam and Interview well. They can’t DQ you for poor English even know they should (it’s a safety and liability issue). Nobody wants to work with the guy who can’t write reports. When the **** hits the fan poor report writing can burn you.

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, agreed

• Deleted this message
              Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-11-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Anybody know how long it takes civil service to determine if get a hearing or not? Civil service sent me an acknowledgment letter in December and haven’t heard anything since

Comment

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’d say 6 months. Who did you use for an appeal?

• xknuckles
                  xknuckles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Vista Kevin Sheerin. Background DQ

• Vista
                hey i had my appeal interview with nypd few weeks ago. Do you know how long until i get an answer?

Comment

• xknuckles
                  xknuckles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  On the csc website, it states generally 90 days after your hearing

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your file hasn’t even gotten to CSC so premature to be talking about CSC Hearings. I’d say a solid few months before they make a decision- then it may go to civil service after that.

• Hello Vista i just got my NOPD letter i would like to fight it can you pm what should i do next. I save up some money in case this may happen

Comment

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have to get in touch with Rob kronenberg. 631-234-4434 / [email protected]

Probably wouldn’t hurt to forward him the NOPD along with a contact number. You can email me [email protected] if you have any issues or questions

• Vista thank you.
                Last edited by Freddy3319; 02-14-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4953 users online. 336 members and 4617 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X