Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by quenTaylor; 01-09-2019, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Deleted this message.
      Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-11-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• CARRIER30
        CARRIER30 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow hopefully the supervisor overturn the psych doc decision. I’m starting to consider if I should just withdraw now n jump on the 7326 process. Instead of waiting another 3 months prolly so only to receive a nopd letter in mail when I could just withdraw now. If psych revisit why did I withdraw maybe I could just say that I figure that the review would take long n I rather had taken my chances with the next exam bcuz I scored really high? Anyone thinks different?

• If you withdraw at any juncture, your records will always remain with the department and will be released to any agency you apply for. While the records may not result in an automatic disqualification, they will be there to be used against you. The only way to view and correct these records is through an appeal. Realistically, you will disclose all exams you took and processed for. You will disclose that you withdrew and they will ask you why. Even if you give them some vague answer like “personal reasons”, when they get the records they will see- “they were going to be DQ so they withdrew”. Withdrawing is only a good option if your not serious about procuring a job in this field.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• CARRIER30
        CARRIER30 commented
        Editing a comment
        When you say any agency are u talking about just any police department in general (NYPD, Nassau, LAPD etc..., or any law enforcement job period (police officer, corrections, court officer etc.... or just any city job in general?

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        CARRIER30 any.....agency...

• Tactical1
        Tactical1 commented
        Editing a comment
        So basically, if you are placed on review and asked to send in records, chances are high that those records will just be used against you to disqualify you from this job, and future civil service jobs. Starting to believe that it may have been wise to discontinue your case rather than send in any records at all.
        Last edited by Tactical1; 01-20-2019, 02:36 PM.

• vicparedes93
        vicparedes93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tactical, that is not true at all. Most of the time the records are requested just to verify your story or something in your background. I had to send in discipline records from college and high school, I was questioned about them and my answers matched the records. They were never used against me. Everyones background is different but they understand that people make mistakes and things happen. Again, psych review is not the end of the world as much as this forum makes you think that.

• Originally posted by CARRIER30 View Post
      Is it true that if a candidate fail psych review/get disqualified from a police job that you cannot get no other civil service job (any other law enforcement job, MTA, sanitation, etc.....). Or would it just be tough to get a police job. Can someone help me understand how this works?
      NYSP - No
      NY/NJ Port Authority - No
      NY Court Officer - No
      Most PA PDs - No

MTA/AMTRAK Police - Yes
      NCPD - ??????
      SCPD - Yes
      Most SC & FL PDs - Yes
      Last edited by LukeSW; 01-19-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• I know multiple people who have been DQ by NYPD and picked up by other agencies. (Several NCPD hires)

Believe none of what you Hear and half of what you see. Nobody has a true answer on these forums. Everyone has a different situation.

Comment

• LukeSW
          LukeSW commented
          Editing a comment
          I edited my post. NCPD is a crapshoot.

• ViceCity86
          ViceCity86 commented
          Editing a comment
          All these jobs are lol. People on review/ getting dq for absurd reasons. You never truly know anymore.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Remember that NCPD Will see your NYPD File. Now- if you appealed it, they will also see your appeal report- documentation negating the nypd opinion. The Nassau civil service Consulting Psychologist will weigh it all. I’ll tell you right now that had I not appealed I’d never have been cleared by nassau civil service.

• ViceCity86
          ViceCity86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista can you pm me please?

• Has anyone appealed with a lawyer and won the case ?

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          In general, yes, people do appeal with a lawyer and psychologist and win.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I did. Psych DQ’s are winnable- however it’s case by case. Some DQ’s are valid. Some are nonsense.

• Vista has.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Just found out I am on supervisory review. Had my JST retake canceled a few days ago as well and investigator has ceased all communications with me...

Is this the end of the road for me? I maybe withdrawing soon, id rather pursue other ventures rather than continue with this process. Thanks to everyone for all the info.

p.s. just for clarification, how much does it cost to retain a psychologist (Dr. Lerner), just incase i decide to appeal?

Comment

• CARRIER30
            CARRIER30 commented
            Editing a comment
            Call APD if you really wanna know your status

• Tactical1
            Tactical1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did. Supervisory review.

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            Dr. Lerner works in conjunction with a lawyer Robert Kronenberg. Fees can be 3k or more

• Hey guys, been following this post for a while because I’ve been pretty much dq’d by NYPD for the police communications technician. Background story is I want to be a police officer, but was still in school I’m 25 btw. I took both exams but put police officer on hold and they called me for pct. Since I had enough credits for pct I went through w the process and was placed on psych review August 2018. When I called APD they pretty much said the decision was made and I was waiting for a supervisor to sign off on it (basically implying a disqualification). I’m now waiting on my dq letter in the mail. My question now is should I restore my name on the police officer list or just forget NYPD and try other departments? BTW I’ve taken the MTAPD exam, but they called me literally like 2 months after and I didn’t have all of my credits and I was called for doc. Just wanted some opinions

Comment

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            MrBigHead mentioned DOC. Nassau and Suffolk corrections is where you want to be- not even Nassau or Suffolk PD can touch what Nassau CO’s can make it they want to. Triple your base pay. One of our c/o ‘s does 260-270 a year.... and never has to worry about looking down the barrel of a gun

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Hate to say it Rikers C/O’s these Days are just skids with badges.

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            Vista or anyone who shares his sentiment regarding Rikers CO's being skids,perps etc with badges; why is that the case? I've had the opportunity to work in multiple facilities within the department and the majority of the officers I've come in contact with appear to be good people who just want to do their job and go home.

• JOEQUEENSNY
            JOEQUEENSNY commented
            Editing a comment
            Shouldn’t generalize a whole department. I’ve dealt with a few rikers Cos transporting guys and they seemed like good officers. On the other hand a friend of mine worked there and said he did not feel comfortable with his co workers integrity and he left it at that. Regardless I still try not to generalize because I’ve dealt with what seemed like skids in NYPD and even the state police...and that certainly doesn’t say something about those departments as a whole.

• Reading all these posts I’m so glad I’m not going through this nonsense jumping through hoops with no clear light at the end of the tunnel. I hope all you guys get The jobs you want. Being on review and background investigations are all stressful. Goodluck

Comment

• Vista So after you failed psych for NYPD n appealing it, NCPD called u back n you got hired?

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Basically yeah. They did ask for a copy of my NYPD Appeal, so it definitely helped having a second opinion in hand.

• Whats up guys. I just had my interview with psych after i appealed and waiting long year and a half since my psych told me “ he has made a pliminary decission” It was 1 hour and 45 minutes long. She went over everything from my employment to why i left the academy.No need to be nervous just be honest and confident and you will be fine. Good luck.

Comment

• CARRIER30
              CARRIER30 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations. Question tho? You waited for 1 1/2 years to get your second interview or was this 1 1/2 years to get notice of your preliminary decision for interview 2?

• Thanks man.
            16 months till i got my nopd and after i recived it it took 5 months till i got this interview.

Comment

• Same here, 18 months to get nopd 6 months since then and haven’t heard anything. Starting to get a little worried.

Comment

• I had my psych interview few days ago after I appealed a NOPD using a lawyer and psych. How long until i hear something? Do they email you or mail you a letter ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5440 users online. 352 members and 5088 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X