Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mreurodance View Post
    Hi All,

I contacted APD and they told me that my psychologist determined that I am not qualified to be PO (on review). However, the psychologist told me she made a preliminary decision and does not need any further records. A month later, the psychologist is now asking for records from Doctor's that I have never heard of in my life and I showed proof that I never seen such doctors but she keeps saying I need to send records from this doctor. I don't know what else I can say or do to prove my case.

Any advice on what I should do or can do about this? I feel like she is doing this to purposely disqualify me? I appreciate your feedback and concerns. Thank you
    Thats really strange.

Comment

• LionHeart87
      LionHeart87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say go to the doctor and request him to send a notice stating that no documentation on the matter exists and ever did. Best thing that can help I believe, this way they get their answers

• Hello all, on the written statement asking the NYPD to reconsider its proposed disqualification, what else should be on that letter and how long should it be?

Comment

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      xknuckles did you hire an appeal psychologist to write a report on you as well?

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I was stopped at written psych and was on review for the longest and received an NOPD and now a DQ

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      xknuckles oh sorry I didn't see you wrote background DQ

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Your wasting paper writing your own appeal.

• xknuckles you appealed a background NOPD and was DQ’ed, now you’re going before the civil service commission?

FERNAND001 if you’re appealing a psych NOPD you’re going to have to hire a doctor. I think that is the only way your psych file will be released.
    If it’s a background NOPD you can submit your own letter. Only you know what to put in it because it’s your personal history. I hired a lawyer for my background appeal. I got into some trouble as teenager eventually charged with disorderly conduct. If I remember correctly my lawyer stated it was an isolated incident that happed nearly 2 decades ago. I had a few transgressions to clear up. He stated this why we have certain legal parameters in place so adolescents aren’t hindered by their mistakes when they’re adults. I have a copy of my lawyers appeal and a lot of the issues he touched upon in it, I would’ve done also. However, I’m sure I wouldn’t have worded it as well or presented my case as fluid or concise.
    Last edited by MrBigHead; 11-25-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, NYPD turned down my first appeal and the next step which my lawyer and NYPD states is to file an appeal with the civil service commission. And after if that fails, is to sue the city basically. That is the general steps for appeal which my lawyer explained to me. I think we discussed not too long and you won your background DQ no? I hired Kevin Sheerin.
      Last edited by xknuckles; 11-25-2018, 05:38 PM.

• MrBigHead
      MrBigHead commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I did win my background appeal. I think it went to the CSC and got reversed. Would you actually go as far as to sue the city? I'm sure that would cost an arm and a leg

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s great to hear! That’s what I’m hoping for. What happens after it gets reversed? I don’t think so, at that point I’ll just accept that I have to look at other depts that are willing to take me

• MrBigHead
      MrBigHead commented
      Editing a comment
      Once it's reversed you're allowed to continue on in the process. For me I get a call out the blue after months to schedule another mini-med. Called my lawyer, he told me it was reversed and eventually got a letter from CSC saying the same thing

• This message has been deleted.
    Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-21-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• ViceCity86
      ViceCity86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they ever tell you why they DQ you? And did you appeal?

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      They don’t tell you why. But yes I’m in the appeal process now. All the reasons for potential disqualification are fabricated nonsense.

• ViceCity86
      ViceCity86 commented
      Editing a comment
      This message has been deleted.
      Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-21-2019, 08:56 AM.

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the same until I was actually rejected. Not trying to be negative I'm just saying don't get your hopes up. You're still in a good position if you're still retaking things. If you're on "bad review" they stop inviting you to redo that stuff. Good luck

• Hello, I have a quick question so I applied for the position of NYPD Police Cadet and after 5 months of being put on psych review while being cleared of everything else I got a DQ letter stating that they i wasn't fit for the position. I am a 20-year-old junior in John Jay college finishing up my criminal justice degree and want to know if I still have a shot of getting into P.O or any other law enforcement agencies may be out of state. Being a Law Enforcement Officer was a dream ever since I was a kid and so I hope my dreams aren't crushed because of what happened to me.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      On what grounds? Psychological? Contact Rob Kronenberg at 631-234-4434

• Originally posted by Nikita1 View Post
    Hello, I have a quick question so I applied for the position of NYPD Police Cadet and after 5 months of being put on psych review while being cleared of everything else I got a DQ letter stating that they i wasn't fit for the position. I am a 20-year-old junior in John Jay college finishing up my criminal justice degree and want to know if I still have a shot of getting into P.O or any other law enforcement agencies may be out of state. Being a Law Enforcement Officer was a dream ever since I was a kid and so I hope my dreams aren't crushed because of what happened to me.

You are only 20. Apply again and leave that being crushed stuff in the past.

I would also consider a career outside of L.E....at least for a start...You don't want to skip out on other parts of life for a what if.

Nobody can say for sure if you have a shot or not.
    Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 11-27-2018, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Great job opportunity for those who are Nassau county residents. There is going to be a hiring blitz in the next two years and they keep burning through civil service lists.
      ANNOUNCED FOR:NASSAU COUNTY CORRECTIONAL CENTER SALARY:  $37,000 - $98,375. 
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• For those of you whom are on Psych Review currently, do NOT lose hope! Little background about me, I took the test back in 2014 and wasnt hired till 2018; with being on psych review for over a year. I disclosed everything and I was far from a "perfect candidate." From heart surgery at birth to being suspended in school, to working more than several jobs in a few years, to being out of the house by 18 and obtaining my associate's in 5 years and growing up without a father figure; eventually I was Hired. There have been recruits in my class that were arrested before.

Whatever you do, once you're on review, just live your life normally (fly off the radar) and volunteer as an emt or firefighter *this helps! Call Psych services twice a month and dont haggle. Update your investigator, and take other exams. Don't be discouraged or negative, Police agencies understand that life happens and so long as you're not a criminal, you'll be hired eventually. Best of luck everyone!
        Last edited by Xray1047; 12-02-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          "Police agencies understand that life happens and so long as you're not a criminal, you'll be hired eventually."

100% incorrect

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          Xray1047 were you on review the whole time or did you ever receive a NOPD?
          Either way congrats and good luck to you

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks xray for this. God bless.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Do not call psych services twice a month- unless you want to **** them off.

• Originally posted by Xray1047 View Post
        For those of you whom are on Psych Review currently, do NOT lose hope! Little background about me, I took the test back in 2014 and wasnt hired till 2018; with being on psych review for over a year. I disclosed everything and I was far from a "perfect candidate." From heart surgery at birth to being suspended in school, to working more than several jobs in a few years, to being out of the house by 18 and obtaining my associate's in 5 years and growing up without a father figure; eventually I was Hired. There have been recruits in my class that were arrested before.

Whatever you do, once you're on review, just live your life normally (fly off the radar) and volunteer as an emt or firefighter *this helps! Call Psych services twice a month and dont haggle. Update your investigator, and take other exams. Don't be discouraged or negative, Police agencies understand that life happens and so long as you're not a criminal, you'll be hired eventually. Best of luck everyone!

Now those applicants must have had some serious explaining to do.
        Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 12-02-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Has anyone ever had a follow up oral psych interview? Its been about 5 months since I've been on review, just did mini medical two weeks ago completing the process and was just called yesterday to schedule a follow up interview. Anyone know if this is a good or bad sign?

Comment

• ViceCity86
            ViceCity86 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-21-2019, 09:31 AM.

• vicparedes93
            vicparedes93 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe it has to do with your list number?? Who knows, you never really know with the psych department they might even call you this to week to schedule.

• ViceCity86
            ViceCity86 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-21-2019, 09:05 AM.

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            do some reading on this forum

• Does anyone know how this process works ? I completed everything so far. I emailed my pysh dr and he told me that “A preliminary decision has been made. The next step is the review process where another pysh will review the decision” I called Candate relations for an update and they said “your on review and they will be making a decision soon” does this mean I’m getting a DQ? I’m in the process of state trooper and waiting on MTA police as well but I wanted Nypd since it’s local. But I am not trying to have a DQ on my file. Can someone please shine some light as I’m going thru this headache.

Comment

• 1337feetc
            1337feetc commented
            Editing a comment
            Decision has been made means a dq. A Dr has decided to dq, now a supervisor is reviewing it.

• Wardfd12
            Wardfd12 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's definitely a dq? How do you know this?

• 1337feetc
            1337feetc commented
            Editing a comment
            A nopd is basically a notice of proposed disqualification. You're given 30 days to respond to a nopd ( you get a lawyer / and or psych doctor at this point. If you don't fight it/ respond within 30 days you get DQ. So it's basically very similar, some people get DQ when their lawyer requested their files. It is really a matter of winning the fight and getting the decision overturned.

• PRNY
            PRNY commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I got the "a preliminary decision has been made..." email about 10 months ago, and been on review ever since. Does it always mean the psychologist is recommending dq?

• What is the likelyhood of getting an NOPD if you have completed everything but currently on psych review? I missed October for psych review, now a possiblity I may miss January's class. Should I think about withdrawing at this point?

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            Completing everything means nothing. It's impossible to tell you how likely you are to be DQ'd without knowing anything about you. It's possible, that's all anyone here can tell you. There's no point in withdrawing at this point. If you want to withdraw after receiving a NOPD (if you do receive one) then that's up to you.

• Hey all, just wanted to give an update on my status and give some helpful information for others to use on here. Been on psych review since May and just had a follow up interview with my psych doctor last week. If anyone is wondering if a 2nd interview is a good thing it typically is and was pretty much the first thing the doctor said to me when I got in there. Simply she stated I called you back to clarify a few things. The 2nd interview will revolve around what you were put on psych review for. In my case she asked me every single question from our first interview as well in which she compared and contrasted the answers. The 2nd interview was much longer and much harder then the first. So if you do end up getting a 2nd interview don't panic, its a good sign and an opportunity to prove why you're fit for the job.

Comment

• 1337feetc
            1337feetc commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed .
            I was cleared after my second interview which was insanely hard. Let us know the results when you check in your status. 0/

• vicparedes93
            vicparedes93 commented
            Editing a comment
            Will do, hopefully will find out this week. Ill keep everyone posted.

• FERNAND001
            FERNAND001 commented
            Editing a comment
            I Will be getting a second interview as well. Thanks for the info Vic.

• vicparedes93
            vicparedes93 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck Fernando, wishing you the best of luck. Youll be fine.

• I was in psychological review for 10 days and it feels great to be out lol for anyone in review just gets the documents they ask and be patient. wish the best for everyone.

Comment

• Is there any method to when they conduct the residency check/neighbor interviews? I had my 2nd oral psych interview exactly a week ago and just had investigators interview my neighbors today. Not trying to read into things too much but if she dq'ed me I couldnt imagine them still coming out to where I live. Can anyone chime in on this?

Comment

• ViceCity86
              ViceCity86 commented
              Editing a comment
              To me it sounds like they are getting ready to hire you.

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              No..... one hand doesn’t know what the other hand is doing. Welcome to Civil Service.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5205 users online. 215 members and 4990 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X