Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do they mean by being on psych investigations?

Comment

• Anybody here just listens to me! Quit this job and quit this hiring process.

When you just graduated, you will assign to the worst precinct (only you have hooked up), you wear body camera in front of criminals. Something goes wrong, you will get fired. NYPD is getting worst, because of Mayor Bill de Blasio bull**** policy.

The starting salary is low too, even you work for three years. Never get 3000 after taxes, only when you do overtime. You gonna wait 5.5 years to get a big check and body camera won't get you to work easy, it getting harder and harder.

It is best to do a court officer, port authority police or MTA police.

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        First things first - you're wrong about certain things that don't deserve correction. Second - they either got their decision very right by disqualifying you or they got it very wrong by letting you in.
        Good luck.

• LionHeart87
        LionHeart87 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m a school safety Agent hoping to become a Police Officer myself, and I can tell you one thing, Politics are always going to be there, but you have audacity to talk the job down like its a universal problem for everyone, perhaps it’s just a ‘You’ problem. Any dept will run like this “ You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes” dont down play others ambitions just because you suck at what you do. Lesson of the day...this ain’t it Chief? 10-04? 10-04!

• Ted Williams
        Ted Williams commented
        Editing a comment
        Worst command is where you want to start off, and learn. To me, you sound like a zero that complains about the job. I hope you quit before you boss up.

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        As an CO trying to transfer over to PD I can understand your gripe. I worked some crappy housing areas when I started and was envious of officers I came out the academy with who had sweet/easy posts. In the long run it made me a better officer. Furthermore the whole aspect of the LE profession is changing, some for the better some for the worst. If you really learn your job and understand what governs you as an officer the job might become easier.

• Anyone here been put on review for background? I’m assuming it’s background since I never took my oral psych. I have a lawyer ready. And also if anyone has successfully won an appeal

Comment

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        I was placed on review then dq for background. Appealed and they overturned their decision. If I remember correctly it took about 4 months

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        MrBigHead Thank you very much, this actually gives me hope. So I assume you were hired and now on the job? also did you hire a lawyer?
        Last edited by xknuckles; 10-10-2018, 06:50 PM.

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        xknuckles Unfortunately I wasn't hired. Appealing a psych dq at the moment. I did retain a lawyer.

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        Ouch. Best of luck to you.

• Originally posted by Luis123455 View Post
      Anybody here just listens to me! Quit this job and quit this hiring process.

When you just graduated, you will assign to the worst precinct (only you have hooked up), you wear body camera in front of criminals. Something goes wrong, you will get fired. NYPD is getting worst, because of Mayor Bill de Blasio bull**** policy.

The starting salary is low too, even you work for three years. Never get 3000 after taxes, only when you do overtime. You gonna wait 5.5 years to get a big check and body camera won't get you to work easy, it getting harder and harder.

It is best to do a court officer, port authority police or MTA police.
      Leave. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude you should learn how to compose a sentence so your taken seriously.

• CCCSD
        CCCSD commented
        Editing a comment
        You mean you are, or you’re? Because your isn’t grammatically correct.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        CCCSD- at least it was readable.

• I rather be in the worst command until retirement age than not hired at all. There is more to life than work.

Comment

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, I'll take east NY, Staten Island over a DQ.

• Hello, I had a crazy couple of days with finding out information. I finished everything in August, JST, mini med, psych and all that. I haven't heard anything since then. I've been reading a lot of stuff in this forum the past couple days, and I called APD yesterday to see what my status was. They told me that it says I am on psych review still. They told me the next academy is on the 24th so I was getting worried. I called APD psych department today to see if I could get more information, and I explained that I'm going for SSA role and that I'm told I'm on psych review, but I didn't receive any NOPD letter or anything like that. I was told that the next SSA hire isn't until January, and the PO hire is this 24th. I didn't know they were separate like that, so I thanked him for this information.

I've been reading that being on psych review is bad and you may never get off of it. But he said since I'm going for SSA, the psychs probably haven't even looked over my file yet because they were focused on getting POs in for the next academy, and that I could call back in a month again to check my status.

So do you guys think there's still a chance that I can get cleared for the January academy? I got a long way to go for that, I just don't know how the process works.

Comment

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        Unless you withdraw or are dq’ed theres a chance. How likely you get cleared in time for an upcoming class is a different story.

• Jro319
        Jro319 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't lose hope. I took oral and written psych in February and was recently cleared last month in September. I was in there for 20 mins and no documents were requested of me from my psychologist. In other words, whether you were in there for 20 mins like me and no docs requested, or in there for 2 hours like some and docs requested, there's no way in telling why you're on review or how long. Just be patient but email them every so often to check on your status. Best of luck to you.

• Thanks for the comments above guys. I spoke with him for only about 30 minutes or so, I thought it went pretty well. I am a little worried though because I was 100% honest with him and I feel I may have said some stupid things that could give him a reason to DQ me. I did say that I've felt depressed before. Like when I was in school, just like a lack of energy, but you power through it and do what you gotta do. Also last year when I was moved from full time at my last job to part time, and I was looking for a new job, that was a tough time for me because it took about 6 - 7 months to find a new job and it wasn't a fun time. I never took any medicine for it, but last year I went to the doctors and told my doctor this and he prescribed me something, but I never picked it up and used it. He asked for my medical records because of that most likely to see what I was prescribed. I don't even remember what I was prescribed because I never picked it up. I don't know if he will have a reason because of this.

Something stupid I've also said was I had a panick attack once or twice but I mean it's not like an occurring thing, it's only happened those times. There's gotta be very little people that never have a panic attack at least once maybe? I remember he asked me if I had trouble breathing during these times or chest pains, which I said I did not.

I feel like I shoulda just kept these things to myself, but I was very honest with him
      Last edited by snooby; 10-12-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Nypdgirl26
        Nypdgirl26 commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont think you should have said things voluntarily if it wasnt relevant to the question she/he asked. Short and simple answers was never the wrong way to go. Always follow up consistently to keep your name relevant. Its for a job! Also dont limit your questions to just your psych or investigator, email candidate relations directly. Email APD also. They all have the option to run your exam and list as you identification & update you about as much info that they can. You work hard for something bad enough, they’ll hand it to you!

• isle_b
        isle_b commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't see them giving a gun to someone who stated they were depressed before....

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        snooby the depression and prescribed medication will certainly be a cause of concern. Especially since it was fairly recent. The Panic attacks also.
        Pay attention to the climate we are in regarding police shootings.
        As an officer you may encounter extremely dangerous volatile situations. What happens if you panic and it results in a unnecessary injury or loss of life. Knowing this you fall into a serious depression and take someone's life or your own. Of course this an extreme scenario but how could the Dept. justify your hire? The more time removed from the incident the better it looks on your behalf

• Has anyone ever had 2 psychologists interview them during the oral? Took mine recently and had 2 psych doctors interview me at the sametime for over an hour and 30minutes. Just curious if anyone had the same experience. They requested medical records.
      Last edited by Tactical1; 10-12-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        One may have been new.

• Nassau Will Be giving an exam for correction officer- filing opens in February. Great easy job. Good money and Ot. Nassau residents only.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
        Nassau Will Be giving an exam for correction officer- filing opens in February. Great easy job. Good money and Ot. Nassau residents only.
        When has anybody ever called corrections easy lol

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          It is easy. It's even easier to get in. Sure you can have some hard days. The hard part from the correctional officers I know is keeping your morale up. Going to jail every day of your career and dealing with the kind of people you deal with can definitely get you down.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          RB, I’m not talking about NYC- I’m talking about Nassau. It’s essentially the same background and Psych Process That Nassau PD goes through. Only difference is the physical fitness portion.

• Originally posted by kk30 View Post

When has anybody ever called corrections easy lol
        I agree, They don't call it corrections for nothing.

Comment

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          Been on Rikers for a few yrs and this job is far from easy. But I've worked some post/housing units where I couldn't believe I got paid to do what I did. EASY MONEY

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
          TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
          Editing a comment
          It takes a special person to do that stuff. I totally understand why a lot of people transfer out

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          @MeBigHead I’m not talking about NYC, that job- couldn’t pay me enough. I hear stories from I/M’s about Rikers and it seems like they do what they want over there. They say how they hate nassau because the rules and how they don’t get away with as much stuff.

I’m talking about Nassau county. It’s the best kept secret in Nassau county. Yeah sure **** goes down here and there, gotta keep your eye out, but this job is far from challenging. I have zero complaints. In fact, hardest people to deal with are most often the officers.
          Last edited by Vista; 10-18-2018, 06:29 PM.

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista it's funny because when I started with DOC I would a hear ton of senior officers say Corrections is NYC's best kept secret. Now its a circus. The stories you hear and heard are probably accurate. They get away with so much it's sickening.

• Hey everyone, been following this forum for awhile now and thought I would share my experience and maybe gain some insight. To make a long story short I was put on psych review in June. In the beginning of September I received an email from the psych department stating I was discontinued and were gauging my interest in the position of Police Officer. One of the documents requested by my Psych doctor never reached her and I was unaware of that. I felt that my oral psych went pretty well and I was completely honest about everything asked of me.(would rather by DQ'ed for being honest than lie and get otj). That ultimately led to me being put on psych review. As a freshman in college i was written up by an RA for smoking a joint. Mind you I have only used pot 3 times in my entire life the last time being that incident 7 years ago. All 3 times were disclosed both to my BI and during my oral interview. Other then that I have a pretty spotless background. Has anyone been in the same situation where they admit to using marijuana and still got on the job? Worst case scenario I get a DQ letter would this be worth appealing? Just trying to plan for the future. Thanks!

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          If your discontinued you need to reopen your case. If your disqualified, It is worth appealing especially if you can demonstrate that those incidents are far in the passed, and have had no issues in since then. If you reopen and eventually do get a notice of proposed disqualification, I would recommend you contact Rob Kronenberg @ 631-234-4434. He is extremely experienced and knowledgeable in NYPD Disqualification Appeal cases. He works with a Psychologist named Dr. Mark Lerner- they are regulars with a good reputation down at NYC Civil Service Commission.

• vicparedes93
          vicparedes93 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Vista, have read a ton of your posts throughout this forum and appreciate all the insight and valuable information you give. I did reopen my case and had those documents sent to her immediately at the beginning of October. Just retook my JST and am expecting a mini med appointment in the upcoming weeks, hopefully these are good signs. Would hate to be disqualified because of taking 2 hits off a joint 7 years ago, to me that does not sound like strong grounds for a DQ but then again what do I know about how they form their decisions lol

• Hello everyone,

So I received a disqualification email today and I'm in disbelief to receive this news. But I want to go further and appeal to this, does anyone know of a psychologist that can evaluate me.

Comment

• 1337feetc
          1337feetc commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep heard Daley is good, my sister is going to use him for her appeal.

• A.Rem
          A.Rem commented
          Editing a comment
          how long did you have to wait, to get your email.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Daley..... he’s pushy to get you in to explain everything and talks about money instantly. I’d reccomend you guys at least consult with Aron Kronenberg by Phone. He handles more of these cases than anyone. He works hand in hand with a Psychologist named Mark Lerner. I have personally used them with good result- and they are why I am, where I am today. His number is 631-234-4434; or E-Mail a copy of the NOPD and your phone number to Rob@rkronenberglaw.com

There is no reason you shouldn’t do this- he will explain everything in a free lengthy phone consultation and, you can ask him questions. As far as Daley’s claim that he was director of psych services.... he was interim director (temporary) many years ago. Just because he took a civil service test and worked for the Dept as a psychologist.... doesn’t make him good. It’s a civil service test. Don’t feed into that bull crap.

• guadalupe90
          guadalupe90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you all, I have met with Dr. Martin Friedmutter a psychologist who has experience in these cases.

• Hi All,

I contacted APD and they told me that my psychologist determined that I am not qualified to be PO (on review). However, the psychologist told me she made a preliminary decision and does not need any further records. A month later, the psychologist is now asking for records from Doctor's that I have never heard of in my life and I showed proof that I never seen such doctors but she keeps saying I need to send records from this doctor. I don't know what else I can say or do to prove my case.

Any advice on what I should do or can do about this? I feel like she is doing this to purposely disqualify me? I appreciate your feedback and concerns. Thank you
        Last edited by Mreurodance; 11-19-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          You should ask your psychologist specifically what she wants from this doctor. Unfortunately, Psychologists will do whatever they want

• A.Rem
          A.Rem commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s a something new, I’m in the same position you are in except my Pysch did not contact me a month later for further docs. I was notified by APD that I was not qualified now a supervisor must review my case, now im crossing my fingers every day.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          You could contact a supervisor at Psych Services.

• kharennn
          kharennn commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista

Hello!*

I saw you handling a few technical questions on different threads, and was wondering if you could help me out.*

I completed everything (JST/mini-med/oral/written) for April's 2019 Academy class, however after my oral interview the psychologist placed me on psych review. No additional records were asked for. Other than a few annoyances from high school, and a drink once every 3-6 months or so (really i hate drinking), I'm clean with a BA, stability, long term relationships/friendships. Two questions for you -*

1) what are the chances of me getting cleared + getting into April's Academy?
          2) can I request a 2nd interview? maybe start the process and get a lawyer now?

• I'd go to that doctor, the one that you never went to and tell them to print out records or write a statement that you never received treatment from them. Then I would provide the psychologist with those statements as proof.

Comment

• Mreurodance
          Mreurodance commented
          Editing a comment
          I did that and this Doctor wrote an email to the psychologst and cc'ed me on it and the psychologist still discarded that. The doctor is not even from here! (Doctor is nowhere close to NY). And the Psychologist won't give me any information besides a doctor's name which is not even on my insurance records either!
          Last edited by Mreurodance; 11-19-2018, 07:08 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6345 users online. 211 members and 6134 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X