Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not sure. I was just trying to get the psych documents they asked for. I never thought that far into it. 3/4 therapist stated similar things on the forms so I don’t see why would he disqualify me for that. I ain’t never been in trouble arrested, or never have taken any medicine so I don’t see how could I be disqualified. I have came too far n invested too much time into this past couple of years to find out I am not going to get the job. I am really devastated and dont know if there is anything else that I can do. Idc if I can get this job today or even 1 year from now, but I wanna get in

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Appeal, but also take other Exams. NYPD should not be your only option, not your first option. There are other agencies. But if your really intent on law enforcement appealing is the way to go.

• Thanks guys. Another question. Has anyone on here or know someone who has been told that psych has DQ meanwhile u still on review, but somehow someway when the supervisor looked it over a miracle happened n decision got overturned?

Comment

• I called that 631 number yesterday left a message, but no one has contacted me back yet. Furthermore idc how much an appeal is. My main concern is getting in however I can. How much does it cost to appeal tho lol? And is that 631 # the only contact for appeals?

Comment

• Bravo16
        Bravo16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Robert kronenberg charge $3500 for legal fees, Dr Daley charges $1000 for his services,and Mark Lerner charges around $2,000.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Send me an Email.

I believe Bravo’s numbers are a little off- I paid about $4000 total between both of them- but..... you get what you pay for. Daley also only meets with you once for an hour. He lives out of state, travels in a few days a week and fills his schedule with consults. Has to bang them out fast. As far as his claim he was psych services director- yes, interim director for a short period. Also, many NYpd psychs are morons that can’t cut it in private practice- so, that’s hardly a positive on the CV. Dr Lerner twice for several hours- hence why his reports are more detailed and well articulated. Content and detail Goes a long way when civil service is weighing NYPD’s opinion vs The Appeal.

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't speak on anyone besides Kronenberg and Lerner, but those numbers are pretty much spot on.

• FERNAND001
        FERNAND001 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Kronenberg and Lerner are the way to go. But they'll charge you 3500 for Kronenberg and $675 for Dr. Lerners first session and about 1800 for the second meeting.

• Do you have the contact for all 4 of these guys. Also what are my chances of winning an appeal. Like what you think bcuz I just want to get a second chance?

Comment

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        No one can truly say what your chances are. I do know from experience with Kronenberg he will let you know how he feels about your case before you retain him. Dr.Lerner does the same after the initial visit. I don't think this is a cash grab for them but regardless of what they there are no guarantees

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Your chances of winning an appeal is heavily dependent on your individual situation. Some people have excellent chances, some people it will be practically impossible. Only way to tell will be after receiving and reviewing your records with a Qualified Forensic Psychologist (not just any psychologist you find in the phone book). I would call Kronenberg; even if just for the lengthy, free phone consult- something no one else does. Send me an email [email protected] and I’ll get you guys In touch.

• So how did your appeal turnout? How long it last? Etc....And who or what would you recommend for me to do?

Comment

• MrBigHead oh okay can you shoot me Kronenberg n Dr Lerner info/contact.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          Google It man, it’s public info.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          If you email me I’ll forward it. I’m at work now. [email protected]

• Contact info for Kronenberg and Lerner (copying there Facebook post).

Two More Reversals!

Don't give up hope on living you dream. If you have received notification of a Proposed "PSYCHOLOGICAL DISQUALIFICATION," know that we are here for you. Contact Dr. Mark Lerner, Clinical, Forensic and Police Psychologist at (631) 385-7551 or Robert Kronenberg, Esq., NYPD Capt. Ret. at (631) 234-4434 or (212) 776-1950. for FREE confidential telephone consultations.

LawEnforcementPEPtalk.com
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Mario180
          Mario180 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you need both or them or is one good enough. Not being cheap. I honestly want to know.

• Welp. Took my second interview on thursday and got an email this morning saying i passed. The second interview is a lot harder than the first. I started at 1pm. And it lasted until 2:50. They went over the same questions from last interview and some other topics that weren't previously addressed. Stay consistent, don't give stupid answers and you should be fine.
        The best tip I can give is be friendly, respectul, POSITIVE, and mature.
        you want to look like a police officer, think like a police officer and respond like a police officer.
        any questions, feel free to ask below

Comment

• FERNAND001 congratulations man. That’s nice kid. So it came out to $6000 total or it was $3500 for Kron n $2500 for Lerner?

Comment

• FERNAND001
            FERNAND001 commented
            Editing a comment
            It came out $3500 for Kronenberg and $675 for Lerner. Total 4,175.
            Usually its 2 meetings with Dr. Lerner but i only needed 1. The second meeting would've cost about another $1800.
            Last edited by FERNAND001; 01-06-2019, 11:09 AM.

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe Kronenberg is 2500 plus another fee if he physically has to attend a hearing in NYC.

• Is it true that if a candidate fail psych review/get disqualified from a police job that you cannot get no other civil service job (any other law enforcement job, MTA, sanitation, etc.....). Or would it just be tough to get a police job. Can someone help me understand how this works?

Comment

• 1337feetc
            1337feetc commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, you're on file with all city agencies. That's why they give you the option to withdraw instead of DQ. That way you can still apply to other agencies or try to take NYPD test again after a few years.

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            You're on file... but that does not mean you're going to get auto DQ'd from other civil service jobs. Don't believe anyone who tells you that. It is, however, a red flag on your file which is a nuisance to have.
            Last edited by rb1152013; 01-07-2019, 10:58 AM.

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            This isn't entirely true. I was DQ'ed 2x from PD and I've held a civil service job for the past 6yrs. Not every situation is the same. As rb1152013 said, it's a nuisance and a red flag but it's not an automatic done deal

• That’s good. I already been working federal for at least 10+ years so my question to u is (if u don’t mind), what civil service job are u at. Also, the jobs that you applied for after getting disqualified from PD, did they ask have you ever been DQ before or questioned it etc....?

Comment

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with DOC. I've applied to other civil service jobs in and out of state. If asked I always disclose I was dq'ed from PD.

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            Corrections will damn near take anybody so that’s always an option for you lol

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            Lmao rb1152013 everyone thinks that but it’s not as easy as people make it out to be.

• J2H
            J2H commented
            Editing a comment
            Why would you leave Federal?

• This message has been deleted.
          Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-21-2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            How exactly was it harder

• Have a question in regards to something I similarly asked earlier. Say, you called APD to check your status for your psych review and they state that the doctor has made a preliminary decision that you do not qualify for PO, but only reason you still on psych review is bcuz a supervisor has to go over it n make a final decision. What sense would it make to sit n wait around for a letter in The mail (NOPD) when you can just withdraw beforehand since they already told u that most likely you failed unless a miracle happens considering you took the 7326 exam n scored a 95? Also what’s the difference between withdrawing before you receive the letter in mail n withdrawing after u receive the letter in mail?

Comment

• Hey, So I took my second psych interview last week and it was nothing like the first time. It was maybe only about 20-25 mins long and the dr. asked many police officer related questions. I than contacted APD the next day and they told me that I was still on review but a preliminary decision has been made. I asked the offficer if that means that I’m most likely getting disqualified and her response was “ it does not, they haven’t determined if your cleared or disqualified yet and you just have to be patient and wait for an email or letter in the mail”. Can anyone give me some insight on this? From what I’ve seen people say on here it doesn’t seem like my situation is good. Thank you for your help.

Comment

• CARRIER30
              CARRIER30 commented
              Editing a comment
              The psych doc has made there decision, but the supervisor has to make the final decision. Just cross your fingers and pray you got in. Good luck. On another note how did you get your second interview? Did you have to appeal the first decision and then they called you back or they just voluntarily decided that you deserved a 2nd chance? And how long was the process between the first & second interview?

• Mk0507
              Mk0507 commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn’t appeal. The dr. Asked for school records and medical records back in August at the end of my first interview. Fast forward to the beginning of last week I got a phone call asking to come in for a second interview. The first interview was very intense and lasted about 45 mins possibly longer. The second interview was pretty quick and the dr. Probably only asked 2 or 3 questions from the first interview and mostly new questions mostly realated to being a police officer. One thing I found strange was that the dr. Didn’t ask one question about the school records and the medical records. The thing that makes me nervous is I felt the second interview was a lot smoother than the first and it was kinda like they just asked me to come in gave me a quick interview and sent me out the door knowing that the dr. Is going to disqualify me. The reason why I’m thinking this because I’ve been reading so many comments on here of people stating that their second interview was a lot harder than the first.

• vicparedes93
              vicparedes93 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mk, don't worry everything sounds pretty good for you. If they wanted to DQ you they wouldn't waste their time and resources just to call you back in for a pointless interview. Everyones 2nd interview is different especially since everyones reason for being on review is different. In my case my 2nd interview was much harder because there was new information addressed in my case. I know a friend who had a 15 minute 2nd interview and was cleared a week later. I wouldn't stress about it too much.

• Mk0507
              Mk0507 commented
              Editing a comment
              Vic I hope that’s the case but as time goes on it leaves me to believe it’s not a good thing. It’s been about a week and a half now and I still haven’t heard anything from them so that’s where I’m at now. I appreciate the insight though.

• Mk0507 at least u got a second chance unlike myself. You might be good tho just think positive & pray for the best

Comment

• Mk0507
              Mk0507 commented
              Editing a comment
              I appreciate that. Thank you. I’m Sorry to hear you didn’t get a second chance. Also god forbid If it doesn’t go well I’m gonna take my chances and roll the dice with an appeal.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6540 users online. 353 members and 6187 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X