Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a call to schedule a follow up oral psych. Can someone briefly tell me what to expect. I’ve already had to disclose two documents back in may during my initial oral psych. I don’t really know what could be said. I’ve said it all.
    NYPD Police Officer Exam 7323-1033
    Taken: 01/13/2017
    List number: 5xxx
    Cas 5: December 2017

Initial medical: 1/19/2018 (passed)
    BI Interview: 02/23/2018 (?)
    Social Media Check: 02/23/2018 (passed)
    Written Pysch: 05/10/2018
    Oral Psych: 05/24/2018
    JST: 06/25/2018 (cancelled rescheduled)
    JST: 07/16/2018

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Means your on the fence. They have concerns they want to clarify. Good luck.

• Hey question for those who were on review and made it into a academy class. How long were you guys on review for and how long till they gave you the green light?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
      Does the NYPD still send a physical copy of the NOPD? I never received a copy but lucky enough I happened to check me email while I was on vacation and saw it.
      I decided to appeal. After speaking with my lawyer and having a initial consultation with my own psych, I feel a lot better about my chances. Of course this is contingent upon what my psych folder states. Learned some interesting things about the process.
      Who did you reach out to?

Comment

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        I retained Rob Kronenberg and Mark Lerner. Kronenberg handled my background appeal so I had a sense of familiarity with him.

• DeLaRosa29
        DeLaRosa29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you private message me please

• Good Afternoon All, I went to my oral psychology appointment Wednesday 7/18 and was told to submit additional paperwork. I emailed my psychologist with all the paperwork and information requested the following week on Monday 7/23. I also sent a follow up email asking if the requested information was received. I received no response or confirmation to either of these emails.
      With the October academy approaching I called to check the status of my investigation and was told that my psych was discontinued because the psychologist never received my paperwork. What is my next course of action to resume my investigation?

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any paperwork I got for my psychologist had to be faxed over directly from the source it's required from. Are you sure you were allowed to email your particular documents yourself?

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Your going to need to have your case reopened. You may have to personally go down and do it. I always reccomend sending the paperwork; in addition to fax or email- by certified mail.

• Contact APD.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• I know this not related to NYPD. However, I was directed here by someone else to ask my questions. I had my psych exam for Manhattan DA special officer last week. I think it was for the work gun permit. I take medication for OCD and ADHD. I have NEVER been arrested or involuntarily hospitaled as a danger (or for any reason). How will this be looked at?

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          ADHD is a protected disability under ADA, however they may try and use it to form an adverse decision. Your recourse would be to appeal- is that a civil service title?

• ARG1982
          ARG1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          It has already been like two weeks since my gun permit psych for the Manhatten DA special officer. Do all of the officers carry guns?

• Yes it is civil service.

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          You would be afforded the opportunity to appeal as well.

• CCCSD
          CCCSD commented
          Editing a comment
          Just because it’s ADA, doesn’t mean they have to accept it.

• ARG1982
          ARG1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          Does every officer have to carry gun at the Manhatten District Attorney? I think someone told me only some do.

• So i called CAD and asked how my psych is going (it's been 9 months now since my oral psych) and they told me the psych does not find me suitable for the position (preliminary decision), but a final decision has yet to be made.

i guess we can know the preliminary decisions now.

Comment

• Hello everyone, my status was psych discontinue, I contacted APD to see if my psych doctor received my documents and they informed me that my psych doctor made a determination that I am not qualified for the job, now a supervisor must review it. Does that mean he received my documents? I contacted my investigator but he has not responded to me. Any Advice? Any chance for to still be considered?

Comment

• 1337feetc
            1337feetc commented
            Editing a comment
            It is highly unlikely that a decision will be changed by a psych supervisor that will review your case and make a final determination but anything is possible.

• After I had my first interview I was requested to send medical records. The day they received them I was requested to take a second interview it was short about 15 min i'm currently on review am i donezo?

Comment

• 1337feetc
            1337feetc commented
            Editing a comment
            I was also called in for a second interview after he requested more documents. Mine lasted around an hour or maybe more. The following Monday I was cleared by my psychologist. In my opinion a second interview is a very good thing it's that he wanted to confirm something.

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            You can also dig yourself into a deeper hole on a second interview. So it all depends on how well that second interview went.

• Question, how common is it to get the call for an up coming
          class after being on Psych Review for 5 months without being called for a second interview? I only ask because I’ve gotten everything my Psychologist requested especially after he stated his supervisor requested more documentation (which I got sent over the next day) this being in the beginning of July. All my exams have been redone, so I just want to know if anyone has been on the same boat.

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            you haven't said if you are cleared for hire or if they told you that a preliminary decision has been made on your file or if you're still on review.

• LionHeart87
            LionHeart87 commented
            Editing a comment
            rb1152013 Candidate Relations has told me im currently on Psych Review, that was last week, from my understanding the next class is going in on the 24th of October, I just wanted to know if anyone’s been in my situation and got cleared and call down to the wire?

• Hey guys, anyone have experience with being on the oral psych "will call" list after taking the written a few months prior? The October academy is just a few weeks away and still no oral appointment. I have finished all other steps.

Comment

• CoolHotCold
            CoolHotCold commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe it depends on your list number and if it’ll be used for the approaching October class. You can contact your investigator or APD for more info.

• If you failed the psych do you get an email stating that there was a problem?

Comment

• CoolHotCold
            CoolHotCold commented
            Editing a comment
            Contact your investigator about a week after your Oral Psych interview. They will let you know if you’re on review or not. Also you can contact APD to find out your status as well. The Psych Department won’t email you unless your psychologist requires documents from you, or if you’re receiving the NOPD (which normally takes months after being on review).

• I've been on psych review for about 6 months. Psychologist said I am on review, which can last a long time due to amount of candidates, etc. They received all my records and no additional paperwork is due. Said a preliminary decision has been made, did not say what it was, and said to wait because a final decision can take months. Also said IF I am deemed unsuitable, I can appeal. That made me nervous, but I know that is also the standard response. This was all months go.

If they tell you a preliminary decision has been made, does that always mean no?

Comment

• 1337feetc
            1337feetc commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I've read that is generally not a good thing. But each decision must be reviewed by a supervisor.

• I was on review for 7 months. I took the written and oral psych in February and just got off last month in September so do not get discouraged! I'm scheduled to retake my JST next Wednesday, October 10th. I only found out because I emailed APD. You should all sign up if you haven't already done so. They are very helpful in answering all questions. It was through there that I found out I was off review. Neither your investigator nor psychologist will call you to let you know the status so make sure to be on top of it. Here's the link to APD: https://nypdtraineescommunity.activeboard.com/ . Good luck to you all and hopefully we'll meet in a few weeks in the October class

Comment

• LionHeart87
            LionHeart87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, 7 months?! Were you told repeatedly to supply documents during that time?

• PRNY
            PRNY commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for that. Congrats to you. Did they ever tell you a preliminary decision was made, but it takes months, etc?

• Jro319
            Jro319 commented
            Editing a comment
            My psychologist didn't request anything from me which is why I was so confused as to why I was on review. The only thing I could think of was the fact I was on academic probation when I was 18 years old during my first semester in college. I was away from home and I guess the new environment got the best of me but I picked up my grades during the second semester and forward and graduated and currently hold 2 degrees. Even with all that, I got questioned A LOT by my psychologist so i'm guessing that's what it was. We will never know why we're on review or DQ'ed. They do not give any information, which sucks.

• LionHeart87
            LionHeart87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah ok, yeah I only ask because I myself was Psych Discontiued from Jan-July because documents were requested, so since July I’ve been on Psych review. I was also contacted by APD to redo my mini and jst so I’ve been pretty much been sitting in limbo since July, my Psych recieved everything, investigator has everything, im also a promotional but as of last week im still on Psych Review, nothing more. Just hoping they clear me so i can make this class

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8451 users online. 436 members and 8015 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X