Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
    Nassau Will Be giving an exam for correction officer- filing opens in February. Great easy job. Good money and Ot. Nassau residents only.
    When has anybody ever called corrections easy lol

Comment

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is easy. It's even easier to get in. Sure you can have some hard days. The hard part from the correctional officers I know is keeping your morale up. Going to jail every day of your career and dealing with the kind of people you deal with can definitely get you down.

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      RB, I’m not talking about NYC- I’m talking about Nassau. It’s essentially the same background and Psych Process That Nassau PD goes through. Only difference is the physical fitness portion.

• Originally posted by kk30 View Post

When has anybody ever called corrections easy lol
    I agree, They don't call it corrections for nothing.

Comment

• MrBigHead
      MrBigHead commented
      Editing a comment
      Been on Rikers for a few yrs and this job is far from easy. But I've worked some post/housing units where I couldn't believe I got paid to do what I did. EASY MONEY

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
      TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
      Editing a comment
      It takes a special person to do that stuff. I totally understand why a lot of people transfer out

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      @MeBigHead I’m not talking about NYC, that job- couldn’t pay me enough. I hear stories from I/M’s about Rikers and it seems like they do what they want over there. They say how they hate nassau because the rules and how they don’t get away with as much stuff.

I’m talking about Nassau county. It’s the best kept secret in Nassau county. Yeah sure **** goes down here and there, gotta keep your eye out, but this job is far from challenging. I have zero complaints. In fact, hardest people to deal with are most often the officers.
      Last edited by Vista; 10-18-2018, 06:29 PM.

• MrBigHead
      MrBigHead commented
      Editing a comment
      Vista it's funny because when I started with DOC I would a hear ton of senior officers say Corrections is NYC's best kept secret. Now its a circus. The stories you hear and heard are probably accurate. They get away with so much it's sickening.

• Hey everyone, been following this forum for awhile now and thought I would share my experience and maybe gain some insight. To make a long story short I was put on psych review in June. In the beginning of September I received an email from the psych department stating I was discontinued and were gauging my interest in the position of Police Officer. One of the documents requested by my Psych doctor never reached her and I was unaware of that. I felt that my oral psych went pretty well and I was completely honest about everything asked of me.(would rather by DQ'ed for being honest than lie and get otj). That ultimately led to me being put on psych review. As a freshman in college i was written up by an RA for smoking a joint. Mind you I have only used pot 3 times in my entire life the last time being that incident 7 years ago. All 3 times were disclosed both to my BI and during my oral interview. Other then that I have a pretty spotless background. Has anyone been in the same situation where they admit to using marijuana and still got on the job? Worst case scenario I get a DQ letter would this be worth appealing? Just trying to plan for the future. Thanks!

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      If your discontinued you need to reopen your case. If your disqualified, It is worth appealing especially if you can demonstrate that those incidents are far in the passed, and have had no issues in since then. If you reopen and eventually do get a notice of proposed disqualification, I would recommend you contact Rob Kronenberg @ 631-234-4434. He is extremely experienced and knowledgeable in NYPD Disqualification Appeal cases. He works with a Psychologist named Dr. Mark Lerner- they are regulars with a good reputation down at NYC Civil Service Commission.

• vicparedes93
      vicparedes93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Vista, have read a ton of your posts throughout this forum and appreciate all the insight and valuable information you give. I did reopen my case and had those documents sent to her immediately at the beginning of October. Just retook my JST and am expecting a mini med appointment in the upcoming weeks, hopefully these are good signs. Would hate to be disqualified because of taking 2 hits off a joint 7 years ago, to me that does not sound like strong grounds for a DQ but then again what do I know about how they form their decisions lol

• Hello everyone,

So I received a disqualification email today and I'm in disbelief to receive this news. But I want to go further and appeal to this, does anyone know of a psychologist that can evaluate me.

Comment

• 1337feetc
      1337feetc commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep heard Daley is good, my sister is going to use him for her appeal.

• A.Rem
      A.Rem commented
      Editing a comment
      how long did you have to wait, to get your email.

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Daley..... he’s pushy to get you in to explain everything and talks about money instantly. I’d reccomend you guys at least consult with Aron Kronenberg by Phone. He handles more of these cases than anyone. He works hand in hand with a Psychologist named Mark Lerner. I have personally used them with good result- and they are why I am, where I am today. His number is 631-234-4434; or E-Mail a copy of the NOPD and your phone number to [email protected]

There is no reason you shouldn’t do this- he will explain everything in a free lengthy phone consultation and, you can ask him questions. As far as Daley’s claim that he was director of psych services.... he was interim director (temporary) many years ago. Just because he took a civil service test and worked for the Dept as a psychologist.... doesn’t make him good. It’s a civil service test. Don’t feed into that bull crap.

• guadalupe90
      guadalupe90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all, I have met with Dr. Martin Friedmutter a psychologist who has experience in these cases.

• Hi All,

I contacted APD and they told me that my psychologist determined that I am not qualified to be PO (on review). However, the psychologist told me she made a preliminary decision and does not need any further records. A month later, the psychologist is now asking for records from Doctor's that I have never heard of in my life and I showed proof that I never seen such doctors but she keeps saying I need to send records from this doctor. I don't know what else I can say or do to prove my case.

Any advice on what I should do or can do about this? I feel like she is doing this to purposely disqualify me? I appreciate your feedback and concerns. Thank you
    Last edited by Mreurodance; 11-19-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should ask your psychologist specifically what she wants from this doctor. Unfortunately, Psychologists will do whatever they want

• A.Rem
      A.Rem commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a something new, I’m in the same position you are in except my Pysch did not contact me a month later for further docs. I was notified by APD that I was not qualified now a supervisor must review my case, now im crossing my fingers every day.

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      You could contact a supervisor at Psych Services.

• kharennn
      kharennn commented
      Editing a comment
      Vista

Hello! 

I saw you handling a few technical questions on different threads, and was wondering if you could help me out. 

I completed everything (JST/mini-med/oral/written) for April's 2019 Academy class, however after my oral interview the psychologist placed me on psych review. No additional records were asked for. Other than a few annoyances from high school, and a drink once every 3-6 months or so (really i hate drinking), I'm clean with a BA, stability, long term relationships/friendships. Two questions for you - 

1) what are the chances of me getting cleared + getting into April's Academy?
      2) can I request a 2nd interview? maybe start the process and get a lawyer now?

• I'd go to that doctor, the one that you never went to and tell them to print out records or write a statement that you never received treatment from them. Then I would provide the psychologist with those statements as proof.

Comment

• Mreurodance
      Mreurodance commented
      Editing a comment
      I did that and this Doctor wrote an email to the psychologst and cc'ed me on it and the psychologist still discarded that. The doctor is not even from here! (Doctor is nowhere close to NY). And the Psychologist won't give me any information besides a doctor's name which is not even on my insurance records either!
      Last edited by Mreurodance; 11-19-2018, 07:08 PM.

• Originally posted by Mreurodance View Post
    Hi All,

I contacted APD and they told me that my psychologist determined that I am not qualified to be PO (on review). However, the psychologist told me she made a preliminary decision and does not need any further records. A month later, the psychologist is now asking for records from Doctor's that I have never heard of in my life and I showed proof that I never seen such doctors but she keeps saying I need to send records from this doctor. I don't know what else I can say or do to prove my case.

Any advice on what I should do or can do about this? I feel like she is doing this to purposely disqualify me? I appreciate your feedback and concerns. Thank you
    Thats really strange.

Comment

• LionHeart87
      LionHeart87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say go to the doctor and request him to send a notice stating that no documentation on the matter exists and ever did. Best thing that can help I believe, this way they get their answers

• Hello all, on the written statement asking the NYPD to reconsider its proposed disqualification, what else should be on that letter and how long should it be?

Comment

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      xknuckles did you hire an appeal psychologist to write a report on you as well?

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I was stopped at written psych and was on review for the longest and received an NOPD and now a DQ

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      xknuckles oh sorry I didn't see you wrote background DQ

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Your wasting paper writing your own appeal.

• xknuckles you appealed a background NOPD and was DQ’ed, now you’re going before the civil service commission?

FERNAND001 if you’re appealing a psych NOPD you’re going to have to hire a doctor. I think that is the only way your psych file will be released.
    If it’s a background NOPD you can submit your own letter. Only you know what to put in it because it’s your personal history. I hired a lawyer for my background appeal. I got into some trouble as teenager eventually charged with disorderly conduct. If I remember correctly my lawyer stated it was an isolated incident that happed nearly 2 decades ago. I had a few transgressions to clear up. He stated this why we have certain legal parameters in place so adolescents aren’t hindered by their mistakes when they’re adults. I have a copy of my lawyers appeal and a lot of the issues he touched upon in it, I would’ve done also. However, I’m sure I wouldn’t have worded it as well or presented my case as fluid or concise.
    Last edited by MrBigHead; 11-25-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, NYPD turned down my first appeal and the next step which my lawyer and NYPD states is to file an appeal with the civil service commission. And after if that fails, is to sue the city basically. That is the general steps for appeal which my lawyer explained to me. I think we discussed not too long and you won your background DQ no? I hired Kevin Sheerin.
      Last edited by xknuckles; 11-25-2018, 05:38 PM.

• MrBigHead
      MrBigHead commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I did win my background appeal. I think it went to the CSC and got reversed. Would you actually go as far as to sue the city? I'm sure that would cost an arm and a leg

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s great to hear! That’s what I’m hoping for. What happens after it gets reversed? I don’t think so, at that point I’ll just accept that I have to look at other depts that are willing to take me

• MrBigHead
      MrBigHead commented
      Editing a comment
      Once it's reversed you're allowed to continue on in the process. For me I get a call out the blue after months to schedule another mini-med. Called my lawyer, he told me it was reversed and eventually got a letter from CSC saying the same thing

• This message has been deleted.
    Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-21-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• ViceCity86
      ViceCity86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they ever tell you why they DQ you? And did you appeal?

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      They don’t tell you why. But yes I’m in the appeal process now. All the reasons for potential disqualification are fabricated nonsense.

• ViceCity86
      ViceCity86 commented
      Editing a comment
      This message has been deleted.
      Last edited by ViceCity86; 02-21-2019, 08:56 AM.

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the same until I was actually rejected. Not trying to be negative I'm just saying don't get your hopes up. You're still in a good position if you're still retaking things. If you're on "bad review" they stop inviting you to redo that stuff. Good luck

• Hello, I have a quick question so I applied for the position of NYPD Police Cadet and after 5 months of being put on psych review while being cleared of everything else I got a DQ letter stating that they i wasn't fit for the position. I am a 20-year-old junior in John Jay college finishing up my criminal justice degree and want to know if I still have a shot of getting into P.O or any other law enforcement agencies may be out of state. Being a Law Enforcement Officer was a dream ever since I was a kid and so I hope my dreams aren't crushed because of what happened to me.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      On what grounds? Psychological? Contact Rob Kronenberg at 631-234-4434

• Originally posted by Nikita1 View Post
    Hello, I have a quick question so I applied for the position of NYPD Police Cadet and after 5 months of being put on psych review while being cleared of everything else I got a DQ letter stating that they i wasn't fit for the position. I am a 20-year-old junior in John Jay college finishing up my criminal justice degree and want to know if I still have a shot of getting into P.O or any other law enforcement agencies may be out of state. Being a Law Enforcement Officer was a dream ever since I was a kid and so I hope my dreams aren't crushed because of what happened to me.

You are only 20. Apply again and leave that being crushed stuff in the past.

I would also consider a career outside of L.E....at least for a start...You don't want to skip out on other parts of life for a what if.

Nobody can say for sure if you have a shot or not.
    Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 11-27-2018, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Great job opportunity for those who are Nassau county residents. There is going to be a hiring blitz in the next two years and they keep burning through civil service lists.
      ANNOUNCED FOR:NASSAU COUNTY CORRECTIONAL CENTER SALARY:  $37,000 - $98,375. 
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• For those of you whom are on Psych Review currently, do NOT lose hope! Little background about me, I took the test back in 2014 and wasnt hired till 2018; with being on psych review for over a year. I disclosed everything and I was far from a "perfect candidate." From heart surgery at birth to being suspended in school, to working more than several jobs in a few years, to being out of the house by 18 and obtaining my associate's in 5 years and growing up without a father figure; eventually I was Hired. There have been recruits in my class that were arrested before.

Whatever you do, once you're on review, just live your life normally (fly off the radar) and volunteer as an emt or firefighter *this helps! Call Psych services twice a month and dont haggle. Update your investigator, and take other exams. Don't be discouraged or negative, Police agencies understand that life happens and so long as you're not a criminal, you'll be hired eventually. Best of luck everyone!
        Last edited by Xray1047; 12-02-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          "Police agencies understand that life happens and so long as you're not a criminal, you'll be hired eventually."

100% incorrect

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          Xray1047 were you on review the whole time or did you ever receive a NOPD?
          Either way congrats and good luck to you

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks xray for this. God bless.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Do not call psych services twice a month- unless you want to **** them off.

• Originally posted by Xray1047 View Post
        For those of you whom are on Psych Review currently, do NOT lose hope! Little background about me, I took the test back in 2014 and wasnt hired till 2018; with being on psych review for over a year. I disclosed everything and I was far from a "perfect candidate." From heart surgery at birth to being suspended in school, to working more than several jobs in a few years, to being out of the house by 18 and obtaining my associate's in 5 years and growing up without a father figure; eventually I was Hired. There have been recruits in my class that were arrested before.

Whatever you do, once you're on review, just live your life normally (fly off the radar) and volunteer as an emt or firefighter *this helps! Call Psych services twice a month and dont haggle. Update your investigator, and take other exams. Don't be discouraged or negative, Police agencies understand that life happens and so long as you're not a criminal, you'll be hired eventually. Best of luck everyone!

Now those applicants must have had some serious explaining to do.
        Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 12-02-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8862 users online. 472 members and 8390 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X