Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldspice17 I delt with a similar situation, where I was placed on Psych Discontinue after months of not knowing documents were missing. Now I do know that consistently contacting your psychologist on a routine basis if its not part of your relationship with them, it will get them upset because then it seems like you’re pressing them. But from my personal experience, I needed confirmation that things were being received, so when I had an idea that my psychologist should be expecting the requested documents I would shoot him an email, just to make sure the T’s were crossed and I’s were dotted. One thing I have been doing is sending an email to Candidate relations in regards to my status change. At one point I knew all my documents were received but I was still on discontinue, I called a Candidate relations and they said to email the Psychologist just to see if anything else was missing, but it was also reminded them, because she said they could forget being that they have 100’s of files other than yours to process. Hope this helped

Comment

• Oldspice17 I delt with a similar situation, where I was placed on Psych Discontinue after months of not knowing documents were missing. Now I do know that consistently contacting your psychologist on a routine basis if its not part of your relationship with them, it will get them upset because then it seems like you’re pressing them. But from my personal experience, I needed confirmation that things were being received, so when I had an idea that my psychologist should be expecting the requested documents I would shoot him an email, just to make sure the T’s were crossed and I’s were dotted. One thing I have been doing is sending an email to Candidate relations in regards to my status change. At one point I knew all my documents were received but I was still on discontinue, I called a Candidate relations and they said to email the Psychologist just to see if anything else was missing, but it was also reminded them, because she said they could forget being that they have 100’s of files other than yours to process. Hope this helped

Comment

• Just got mine NOPD. After almost 2 years

Comment

• Hello, I have a question. I had my oral psych earlier in the week, was not asked for any paperwork or anything. So I called the candidate phone number and was told that I'm currently on Psych investigation. Is this the same thing as Psych review? Or it's too soon, and currently the Psych is just gathering all the information? I haven't seen my BI yet so don't know if that can cause this.

thanks

Comment

• Brooklynsfinest93
            Brooklynsfinest93 commented
            Editing a comment
            Psych Investigation pretty much means Psych review from my understanding thats what it is, they can either call you in for a second interview or ask for paper work or clear you, up to the psych doctor that interviewed you, good luck to you.

• Brooklynsfinest93
            Editing a comment
            your psych review wont hold you from moving further in the process you just wont be hired and your Background investigation stops till your cleared off of psych review.

• Champforlife
            Champforlife commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told the same thing

• I encourage you guys take the next nassau corrections exam if you qualify. About to he a huge wave of Hiring. Plenty of money to be made. OT is outta control.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• I have taken the NYPD exam 8339 in June, i have a clean record except for my driving. I have 2 tickets (speeding 15 over the limit & Elect Dev) my first ticket i had which is the speeding ticket was during the 6 month probation period from when you get your license which i had no idea about. Getting that first ticket caused me to get a 2 month license suspension. I have heard i will probably get psych reviewed when i get called. I am also saving all documents if needed. Will it be possible to get hired with this problem? Thanks

Comment

• Mike248
              Mike248 commented
              Editing a comment
              subiesnax did you get DQ or pushed back? i do plan on taking a few of the DD courses and yeah im starting to drive like a old lady since all this happend lol.

• subiesnax
              subiesnax commented
              Editing a comment
              Mike248, I just got pushed back, and completed my retake mini medical this past Friday for October. my investigator had advised me to take the DD course after the deadline to be clear for July. Had I known to have it completed earlier, I'd probably be in the academy right now. Good luck

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              How old were the violations

• Brooklynsfinest93
              Editing a comment
              psych review is most likely something theyll put you on review for and also sometimes depending on the doctor they dont accept forms in person, they will have to fax everything over to the doctor who requests the documents be mailed but lets see, tell your BI everything. Dont expect much but just be honest

• question for you all
            Last edited by HammerinHank; 08-09-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• LionHeart87
              LionHeart87 commented
              Editing a comment
              To be honest, it’s up to your Psychologist. Some are very communitive and some love making you sweat. I went 3 months since my Oral Eval without know, documents were missing. I had to reach out my investigator to find out what was going on. He told me i was placed on Psych Discontinued. I emailed the Psych dept and they cc my psychologist with my email and we remained in contact ever since. Though he still doesn’t respond right away which can be frustrating, you have to understand that they have other candidates to process 100’s maybe so you have to prepare yourself to be put on the back burner from time to time

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably a good idea to stop bothering them.

• Originally posted by Mike248 View Post
            I have taken the NYPD exam 8339 in June, i have a clean record except for my driving. I have 2 tickets (speeding 15 over the limit & Elect Dev) my first ticket i had which is the speeding ticket was during the 6 month probation period from when you get your license which i had no idea about. Getting that first ticket caused me to get a 2 month license suspension. I have heard i will probably get psych reviewed when i get called. I am also saving all documents if needed. Will it be possible to get hired with this problem? Thanks
            You'll be ok. Just have an answer when they ask you. When I got hired I had 8 points on my license and a whole bunch of moving violations. I was put on driving monitoring for 6 months before being hired so I missed a class but eventually I got hired. Good luck!
            Exam# 2311
            List: 5XX
            Medical: 2/14 (On Review)
            Medical Review: 2/14 (Done)
            Social Media Check: 2/14 (Done)
            Met With BI: 2/14 (Done)
            Psych Written: 3/14 (Done)
            Psych Oral: 3/14 (Done) (Passed!!!!)
            JST: 3/14 (Done) JST#2: 11/14 (Done)
            Mini Med: 6/14 (Done) MiniMed #2: 11/14 (Done)

Missed July 2014 class... Let's go January 2015

GOT THE CALL 1/3/2015 12:01PM

Comment

• Mike248
              Mike248 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you very much LRN170 much appreciated.

• I didn't know you could even get that many points.

Comment

• Ok so about 2 weeks ago, my psychologist emailed me stating that upon a supervisor reviewing my file, more documents were needed, my HS transcripts and a half filled out HIPPA form, as of now im still on psych review and as of last Thursday im complete in all my process after redoing my JST. Can someone shine some light on this for me? Thanks

Comment

• Vista
                Vista commented
                Editing a comment
                Alls you can do is cooperate.

• Vista I confirmed that all the requested documents were received. I guess at this point its a waiting game, I hope I get into this October class, from what im hearing it’s supposed to be close to 800 recruits

Comment

• Does the NYPD still send a physical copy of the NOPD? I never received a copy but lucky enough I happened to check me email while I was on vacation and saw it.
                I decided to appeal. After speaking with my lawyer and having a initial consultation with my own psych, I feel a lot better about my chances. Of course this is contingent upon what my psych folder states. Learned some interesting things about the process.

Comment

• Does any one know how long do you have to wait after your lawyer sends the file to nypd?

Comment

• LEO9
                    LEO9 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's going to take some time, I appealed mine in February of this year and i'm still waiting. I have a friend of mine who appealed his 6 months before I did and is also still waiting. Just don't think about it and move on until you hear something back.

• rb1152013
                    rb1152013 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you received a NOPD, it states on the form that the NYPD will send the file to your appeal psychologist within 60 days. After that the ball is in your court and that back and fourth can continue over a period of time. The overall process can take about 6 - 8 months based on what my lawyer and appeal psychologist told me and they certainly know their stuff.

• MrBigHead
                    MrBigHead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For those that appealed, did you get another interview with the psych? Or are you waiting on a decision since you sent your file back to NYPD?

• Since it's an NOPD and not an NOD, are you obligated to disclose that information with another police agency if they ask have you ever been disqualified? Technically if you receive an NOPD you're not disqualified until you receive the NOD...?

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One way or another you will have to disclose it. They are gonna see your file anyway

• LEO9
                    LEO9 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Vista so should I just wait until they say something? I mean I’ve mentioned it to them. I’m already waiting for a call to see if I’m in or not.

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is this a hypothetical question or are you processing for a different agency, as well?

• LEO9
                    LEO9 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Vista I sent you a message

• Originally posted by LEO9 View Post
                  Since it's an NOPD and not an NOD, are you obligated to disclose that information with another police agency if they ask have you ever been disqualified? Technically if you receive an NOPD you're not disqualified until you receive the NOD...?
                  Just make sure the word "No" is used when asked if you are disqualifed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11209 users online. 479 members and 10730 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X